Nomad99

Boom! Disney getting canceled 🤣😅

5 minutes ago, nobody said:

Good.  Politicians shouldn't single out people or businesses.  

I like meatball Ron otherwise but he needs his dìck slapped for that.

I would rather meatball Ron than Trump, but this Disney sh1t isn't gonna help him.

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Huh? I’ve attached my argument to the performance.  You’re the one working on feelings. You make every excuse there is for failure, like a parent that thinks their kid didn’t do anything stupid. 

And by solely being on performance you've ignored everything around it that contributed to the circumstances. 

Let’s see, four years ago they had to have a recount to decide the election in Florida. Last November DeSantis won in a landslide after governing for four years. But yeah, Disney is going to hurt him. Ok. 

16 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

In the last year since this thread was started, Disney has fired its CEO, laid off 7k people, it’s stock fell in double digits, it’s had a few gigantic bombs at the box office, and  lost millions of subscribers.  And there’s an excuse for all of it. Mostly peaceful. 

And this is all because they are woke?

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Let’s see, four years ago they had to have a recount to decide the election in Florida. Last November DeSantis won in a landslide after governing for four years. But yeah, Disney is going to hurt him. Ok. 

49 other states vote for the president, dumbo.

• Like 1

Just now, GutterBoy said:

And this is all because they are woke?

I don’t know how many times I have to say it before it gets through your thick skull, but I’ll say it again:  Saying woke is the reason for all of Disneys woes is just as stupid as saying woke isn’t a factor.  I have said neither.  You, on the other hand, have. 

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

49 other states vote for the president, dumbo.

Yeah, and he was never going to win the ones that want first graders being taught about sex and gender, Idiot. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t know how many times I have to say it before it gets through your thick skull, but I’ll say it again:  Saying woke is the reason for all of Disneys woes is just as stupid as saying woke isn’t a factor.  I have said neither.  You, on the other hand, have. 

You said there is an excuse for everything, which means there is a real reason, and I'm assuming it's woke, but you tell me, what's the real reasons instead of all the "excuses" that we have thoroughly explained?

4 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

You said there is an excuse for everything, which means there is a real reason, and I'm assuming it's woke, but you tell me, what's the real reasons instead of all the "excuses" that we have thoroughly explained?

Bad management. And part of that bad management is being too political and hiring based on nonsense instead of talent. Instead of fresh ideas and more interesting characters they think just getting the old ones to kiss is some sort of new take that adds to the story. They have been hiring the wrong people. They aren’t creative and only rely on this bullshit.  The agenda stifles creativity. 

43 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Thanks for the dumb opinion. You don't have to click into the thread anymore I guess.

Also- I'm glad you kept your string up of posts offering nothing to the conversation at hand. Kudos

You don't have to follow me around like a puppy dog either but, that's not working out too well now is it?

How about this, I go right on about my business and you can absolutely fock right off?

That ok with you cupcake? :dunno:

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Bad management. And part of that bad management is being too political and hiring based on nonsense instead of talent. Instead of fresh ideas and more interesting characters they think just getting the old ones to kiss is some sort of new take that adds to the story. They have been hiring the wrong people. They aren’t creative and only rely on this bullshit.  The agenda stifles creativity. 

Wow, an actual thoughtful answer.  Who stole your pw?

55 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Thanks for the dumb opinion. You don't have to click into the thread anymore I guess.

Also- I'm glad you kept your string up of posts offering nothing to the conversation at hand. Kudos

Good to see you talking about your offering of good things to conversations when you call people losers for posting on a Friday night just to follow up the following week with you posting at 8pm on a Friday night. 

That's some quality posting by you right there. Kudos! 😆

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Reality said:

You don't have to follow me around like a puppy dog either

I don't get why people say this.  I've had my fair share of puppies, and they like to explore, not follow people around.  When the dog becomes older and attached to you, that is when they follow you around.  My dog follows me from my bathroom, to my closet, then back to the bathroom, then to bed every night.

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

I don't get why people say this.  I've had my fair share of puppies, and they like to explore, not follow people around.  When the dog becomes older and attached to you, that is when they follow you around.  My dog follows me from my bathroom, to my closet, then back to the bathroom, then to bed every night.

I bet he\she is a good boy\girl either way. :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, Reality said:

I bet he\she is a good boy\girl either way. :thumbsup:

He's a very good boy.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Whether it hurts him or not, it’s going to hurt Florida, because one way or another this lawsuit is going to cost that state millions of dollars. And for what? This whole thing is incredibly stupid. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

DeSantis figured that going after Disney would be a way to ingratiate him with the anti-woke folks, and no doubt it has. But the state of Florida is going to be the victims here. 

Landslide. They love him. And it beats giving millions to illegals. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Landslide. They love him. And it beats giving millions to illegals. 

Who’s giving millions to illegals? And why are you always bringing up stuff that has nothing to do with the topic at hand? 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

Who’s giving millions to illegals? And why are you always bringing up stuff that has nothing to do with the topic at hand? 

Finish off every last bit of that large portion lunch even though you were adequately full half way through?   Just couldn't help yourself fatso?

5 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Finish off every last bit of that large portion lunch even though you were adequately full half way through?   Just couldn't help yourself fatso?

I’m so flattered you continue to read all my posts. 

Actually I had a veggie delight sandwich from Subway today, plus a bag of Mrs Vicks potato chips. I know- I shouldn’t have eaten the potato chips. But the total calories were 600. And it’s filling. Now I just need to avoid snacks until dinner. 

Does it cost the Florida tax payers anything?  Are they hiring a private firm to represent them or are they using the state AG's office?

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Are you kidding??Biden just gave them health benefits.  NYC has paid Billions to house and feed them. They fly them all over the country. They give them smart phones. And baby formula.  Now say “oh yeah, you’re right again, HT”. 

5 hours ago, Reality said:

You don't have to follow me around like a puppy dog either but, that's not working out too well now is it?

How about this, I go right on about my business and you can absolutely fock right off?

That ok with you cupcake? :dunno:

Another nothing burger from you. Good thing for you Utilit99 is here as it prevents you from being the most worthless person here. But I'm sure you make up for that by just generally being a garbage human being IRL

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Pretty much everyone agrees the previous guy was bad at management. "Being too political" is almost zero of that. Who are the old Disney characters kissing? Turning Red and Luca were the two most recent Pixar movies (outside of Lightyear) and both were very good movies. Before Strange World, Disney Animation Studios released Encanto which was very well received and still is very popular. 

Yes they had two big clunkers last year. Neither one was well received by critics either.

2 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Another nothing burger from you. Good thing for you Utilit99 is here as it prevents you from being the most worthless person here. But I'm sure you make up for that by just generally being a garbage human being IRL

Riveting commentary, stalker.

Should I be worried? No matter how much you follow me around and beg for my attention, I'm not going to let you touch it... :unsure:

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

Riveting commentary, stalker.

Should I be worried? No matter how much you follow me around and beg for my attention, I'm not going to let you touch it... :unsure:

Weird to take it to a gay territory.  But I'm glad the middle school kid writing your material is working. 

On 4/25/2023 at 9:59 AM, Strike said:

Wait.  Are there really people here arguing that the Chinese film market is insignificant?   Man, there are some things that just aren't debatable.  But this is the geek club.  :lol:

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/21/1081435029/china-hollywood-movies-censorship-erich-schwartzel

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/aug/05/china-hollywood-films-damaging-impact-report

They are. It's how they rationalize lots of things.

Disney is so addicted to their woke religion that they decide to eschew making money in countries that reject their cultural rot. Instead they drive on, making perverted content that their management likes but that half the west and none of the rest of the world are interested in.

Which is their prerogative, they hijacked the company fair-and-square.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Disney is so addicted to their woke religion that they decide to eschew making money in countries that reject their cultural rot. Instead they drive on, making perverted content that their management likes but that half the west and none of the rest of the world are interested in.

So you're suggesting that everyone should sell out and do anything they can to make every dollar possible. :lol:

8 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

So you're suggesting that everyone should sell out and do anything they can to make every dollar possible. :lol:

So you’re suggesting that Disney is standing up to China?

26 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So you’re suggesting that Disney is standing up to China?

You spent the last 67 pages arguing about how Disney sticking to their woke policies makes them lose money in China, and now you're gonna say they don't stand up to China?

Man you will say anything just to try and argue with someone 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

You spent the last 67 pages arguing about how Disney sticking to their woke policies makes them lose money in China, and now you're gonna say they don't stand up to China?

So you are saying  Disney is standing up to China. Then maybe they shouldn’t have slaves in china make all their junk that they sell? Sorry, no virtue points for Disney about anything while that goes on.  

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

Even M. Night thinks this twist from HT is a bit much.

2 hours ago, Voltaire said:

i showed the numbers. You guys are making arguments that are just not really fully rooted in reality. 

7 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

i showed the numbers. You guys are making arguments that are just not really fully rooted in reality. 

The left has made it clear that there is personal truth.  When it became impossible to defend their inane assertions and notions of reality, they fabricated this nonsense to allow those indefenisble stances to have a place.  Of course they never understood how that could be turned back against them.

This is his truth..... see how doing such things is just stupid?

43 minutes ago, RLLD said:

The left has made it clear that there is personal truth.  When it became impossible to defend their inane assertions and notions of reality, they fabricated this nonsense to allow those indefenisble stances to have a place.  Of course they never understood how that could be turned back against them.

This is his truth..... see how doing such things is just stupid?

Yes I agree that the arguments put forth by Voltaire, HT, and the like are stupid. 

The rest of this is word vomit that isn't rooted in reality either and really discounts everything I've said in the thread. The reality is- people are trying to draw a straight line from "woke" to movies doing poorly. That line is not straight- pardon the pun- and there are a lot of variables that you have to not account for. But I guess people want to ignore them to prove their point. 

7 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Yes I agree that the arguments put forth by Voltaire, HT, and the like are stupid. 

The rest of this is word vomit that isn't rooted in reality either and really discounts everything I've said in the thread. 

Limiting the designation to only those with whom you are opposed ideologically is a false standard. You have to impugne them all if you are going to do it to any. 

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Limiting the designation to only those with whom you are opposed ideologically is a false standard. You have to impugne them all if you are going to do it to any. 

I'm into research and proof. I will mock those who are making ill researched assumptions and then double and triple down when they are given reasons that run counter to their thinking. I notice you aren't calling those people out.