Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

Janelle Monae

CNN — 

Janelle Monáe, the Grammy-nominated performer, actor and author, has confirmed that they identify as nonbinary in interviews tied to their new book.

“I’m nonbinary,” Monáe said in an appearance this week on “Red Table Talk,” the Facebook series co-hosted by Jada Pinkett Smith. “So I don’t see myself as a woman, solely. I feel all of my energy … I feel like God is so much bigger than the ‘he’ or the ‘she,’ and if I am God, I am everything.” 

The “Tightrope” singer said they use the pronouns they/them and she/her, in a conversation with theLos Angeles Times this week promoting their book, “The Memory Librarian: And Other Stories of Dirty Computer.”

Monáe has previously confirmed that they identify as pansexual, which means they’re attracted to people regardless of gender or sex.

Willow Smith, Pinkett Smith’s daughter, asked Monáe on “Red Table Talk” about what motivated them to come out publicly. 

“If you don’t work out the things that you need to work out first with the world, you’ll be working it out with the world,” Monáe said. “I know who I am. I’ve been playing a version of some parts of me, but now I’m owning all of me.”

She opened for Prince when I saw him at Mohegan Sun. She sucked

They. *rolleyes*

Also who?

And the left wonders why the right is getting pissed about this crap. Every nobody that turns into a "they" becomes national news

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, edjr said:

I like it when she can do one of those big shows like at the Oscar’s, I think it was, a few years ago. But yeah if she was just up there singing or whatever, I imagine she’d be awful

The thing I don’t get about non binary: If you’re only a woman or a guy in your head that day, why does it matter to anyone else? Unless you’re an attention ho who just can’t shut up about it.

• Sad 1

Just now, MDC said:

The thing I don’t get about non binary: If you’re only a woman or a guy in your head that day, why does it matter to anyone else? Unless you’re an attention ho who just can’t shut up about it.

That's pretty much what half of this stuff is about.  

Just now, KSB2424 said:

Most of it. Not the actual trans but the pans / non-binary stuff for sure.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Half?

I remember my English teacher getting mad at me for using terms like they when I was supposed to use she or he. Now they'd get mad at me if I did the other way around

here and you can apply this to every person in the world

I don't give a flying fock what you are or what you identify as or anything else

when you have the need to be known publicly because of it, I will forever call you whatever you don't want to be called, just cause nobody gives a fock..

LOOK ATT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I pray that Grammarly doesn't get woke and stops correcting me when I type they instead of him or her.  

Don't bring this CNN garbage to the Geek Club.  This is the only place I get exposed to the stupidity. 😠

I remember my English teacher getting mad at me for using terms like they when I was supposed to use she or he. Now they'd get mad at me if I did the other way around

11 hours ago, edjr said:

But how was her show?

The term non binary is based on the assumption there are 2 sexes. It is an ironic declaration that technically cannot exist in its own world. 

I think it's rather pretentious of someone to dictate to me how I should see them. If I see you as a she, who are you to tell me I can't see you that way? :angry:

5 hours ago, Herbivore said:

she is actually pretty cute

Yeah I mean you’d bang that: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/books/story/2022-04-21/i-knew-there-were-more-stories-to-tell-why-janelle-monae-turned-to-sci-fi-stories%3f_amp=true

Even if I had to act like she was a dude that day, I’d hit it. However she’s not so hot that I’d allow her to peg me—drawing the line there :nono:

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Yeah I mean you’d bang that: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/books/story/2022-04-21/i-knew-there-were-more-stories-to-tell-why-janelle-monae-turned-to-sci-fi-stories%3f_amp=true

Even if I had to act like she was a dude that day, I’d hit it. However she’s not so hot that I’d allow her to peg me—drawing the line there :nono:

if you feel you needed to declare that..ok