RaiderHaters Revenge

Roe V Wade overturned!!! Leaked, SCOTUS SHOULD BE IMPEACHED

I dunno, I see this issue as a big loser for the GOP and a life preserver for the Dems. The Dems had been flailing around with nothing to run on come November and now they do. Michigan has had over three years of HalfWit and her two wicked witch cronies. What a sh*tty job, it's time to cut these three menstrating people loose. Unfortunately, once Roe gets flushed down the sh*tter, Michigan also reverts to some of the strictest anti-abortion laws in the country with rules on the books dating to the 30s.  Michigan's 1931 law has no exemptions for rape and incest. This serves up to the three of them a legit and potentially winning issue to run on IMO.

"The only thing standing in the way of the Michigan GOP banning abortion statewide is Gretchen Witmer," and it's not like she's wrong about that. She'd been a total disaster but now she has a strong card to play and she'd be a fool not to ring that bell all day every day. What's scary is that it may well work. Fockity Fock Fock. Hopefully people take into account her larger set of actions/accomplishments these last three years.

6 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I dunno, I see this issue as a big loser for the GOP and a life preserver for the Dems. The Dems had been flailing around with nothing to run on come November and now they do. Michigan has had over three years of HalfWit and her two wicked witch cronies. What a sh*tty job, it's time to cut these three menstrating people loose. Unfortunately, once Roe gets flushed down the sh*tter, Michigan also reverts to some of the strictest anti-abortion laws in the country with rules on the books dating to the 30s. This serves up to the three of them a legit and potentially winning issue to run on IMO.

"The only thing standing in the way of the Michigan GOP banning abortion statewide is Gretchen Witmer," and it's not like she's wrong about that. She'd been a total disaster but now she has a strong card to play and she'd be a fool not to ring that bell all day every day. What's scary is that it may well work. Fockity Fock Fock.

Everything Biden has touched is worse, it's been an absolute disaster on every level. Anytime somebody gets gas, groceries, pays a utility bill, or checks their retirement they are reminded. I'm not sure how he and the Democratic party overcomes that regardless of how this abortion thing plays out.

14 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The devil isn't real unless you believe in religion.

THE DEBBIL!!!

24 minutes ago, edjr said:

This is proof that religion is the devil. 

Protecting the sanctity of human life is the devil?  :huh:

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Protecting the sanctity of human life is the devil?  :huh:

:lol:  Sanctitty of human life. That's rich Jerry

Women should be put in prison for a miscarriage. 

1 minute ago, edjr said:

:lol:  Sanctitty of human life. That's rich Jerry

What is it that you think motivates religions to oppose abortions?

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

What is it that you think motivates religions to oppose abortions?

One more poor child to not give a sh1t about once it's born :dunno: 

21 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I dunno, I see this issue as a big loser for the GOP and a life preserver for the Dems. The Dems had been flailing around with nothing to run on come November and now they do. Michigan has had over three years of HalfWit and her two wicked witch cronies. What a sh*tty job, it's time to cut these three menstrating people loose. Unfortunately, once Roe gets flushed down the sh*tter, Michigan also reverts to some of the strictest anti-abortion laws in the country with rules on the books dating to the 30s.  Michigan's 1931 law has no exemptions for rape and incest. This serves up to the three of them a legit and potentially winning issue to run on IMO.

"The only thing standing in the way of the Michigan GOP banning abortion statewide is Gretchen Witmer," and it's not like she's wrong about that. She'd been a total disaster but now she has a strong card to play and she'd be a fool not to ring that bell all day every day. What's scary is that it may well work. Fockity Fock Fock. Hopefully people take into account her larger set of actions/accomplishments these last three years.

Yep.  I was listening to Shapiro yesterday say that the Left would be nuts to run on abortion and he was double dog daring them to do it.  I was thinking, "methinks the podcaster doth protest too much."  This is handed to them on a silver platter.  The MSM is on their side so they will run 24/7 coverage of how republicans want to kill women.  Informed people will know it's not true, but most of the country doesn't pay enough attention, and osmosis will get to enough of them.

Schumer will bring a bill that allows abortion until birth.  It will lose because it's not intended to win; it's intended to have Republicans vote "no" so that they can trumpet how Repubs hate women.

The Right needs to try to get ahead of the messaging.  I don't know how, but that's the concern I have.

4 minutes ago, edjr said:

This is the part that I never understood with conservative reasoning.  All unborn life is precious but those feelings seem to go away once they are born.

7 minutes ago, edjr said:

I think you are conflating religions and political parties.  The Church has always been very involved in orphanages; I presume the same is true of Protestant faiths.

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

This is the part that I never understood with conservative reasoning.  All unborn life is precious but those feelings seem to go away once they are born.

That's because the root of their belief started when it wasn't all that expensive to raise children.  When people were living on farms and the more kids you had, the better.  Adoption was easier and more frequent for that reason.  There wasn't an over abundance of children who needed to be adopted.  What happened is that people have become more reckless in their lifestyle.  Some of the more hardcore conservative stances are, why should I have to change my views/beliefs because you aren't responsible.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That's because the root of their belief started when it wasn't all that expensive to raise children.  When people were living on farms and the more kids you had, the better.  Adoption was easier and more frequent for that reason.  There wasn't an over abundance of children who needed to be adopted.  What happened is that people have become more reckless in their lifestyle.  Some of the more hardcore conservative stances are, why should I have to change my views/beliefs because you aren't responsible.

Unless you plan on people changing, your beliefs are now flawed.  Everything evolves, including beliefs.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Unless you plan on people changing, your beliefs are now flawed.  Everything evolves, including beliefs.

People shouldn't have to change their beliefs because of someone's actions.  What will happen is they change their beliefs about the people.

32 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

How so? 

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

How so? 

You don't seem to have an issue with a baby being born into a terrible situation.  That child is most likely going to grow up to be a burden to our society, which we know how much conservatives hate.  I know that you just prefer that the parents take responsibility and raise their children right but that's never going to change.

That's just how it comes across to me.  Maybe I'm out of line with this thinking.  I understand why conservatives have their beliefs on this and I don't think it's completely wrong, I just think it's flawed right now.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

How so? 

I know. There is no public assistance/ education for these poor kids. They are just left on their own. How did we end up with all these fat poor people wearing Air Jordan’s and playing video games? Because nothing is being done for them? Poor people in America live better than most people in the world. 

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You don't seem to have an issue with a baby being born into a terrible situation.  That child is most likely going to grow up to be a burden to our society, which we know how much conservatives hate.  I know that you just prefer that the parents take responsibility and raise their children right but that's never going to change.

That's just how it comes across to me.  Maybe I'm out of line with this thinking.  I understand why conservatives have their beliefs on this and I don't think it's completely wrong, I just think it's flawed right now.

Saying nothing is being done for children in this country is nonsense. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Saying nothing is being done for children in this country is nonsense. 

Where did I say that?

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Where did I say that?

Your claiming pro life people don’t care about kids once they are born.  There is obviously a great deal of care that goes into children in this country. 

49 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I think you are conflating religions and political parties.  The Church has always been very involved in orphanages; I presume the same is true of Protestant faiths.

Much easier to molest them when you are their guardian 

33 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That’s a really weak rationale. If you believe in the sanctity of human life—great, more power to you. ✊  But if you cast that aside as soon as the baby is actually born because you’re too focking cheap to pay taxes, well apparently your supposedly sacred principles have a price, and a pretty low one at that :thumbsdown:

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

... and this is how you get a deterioration of a society.  Lower.  Standards.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I just want abortion illegal in red states and legal in blue states. 

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

What is your suggestion to raise those standards?  Revamping our welfare system?

Just now, iam90sbaby said:

I just want abortion illegal in red states and legal in blue states. 

That's just dumb

7 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

That’s a really weak rationale. If you believe in the sanctity of human life—great, more power to you. ✊  But if you cast that aside as soon as the baby is actually born because you’re too focking cheap to pay taxes, well apparently your supposedly sacred principles have a price, and a pretty low one at that :thumbsdown:

Who’s saying we shouldn’t provide for children with our tax dollars?  Notice I said provide. The criticism is about having the child you can’t care for in the first place, and that is easily prevented without abortion. Also, show me a Catholic church that doesn’t have a food bank. Show me a tax cut that harms children and I’ll be against it. 

8 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That's just dumb

Why? States have different laws about a lot of things. The people get to determine them if they adhere to the constitution.  

7 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Agreed.  The soft bigotry of low expectations.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What is your suggestion to raise those standards?  Revamping our welfare system?

One way might be to make it not quite so easy to get an abortion, so that people need to think twice about having unprotected sex, and if they do get pregnant (condoms break, etc.) they might think twice about starting a family.

The Left acts like they care about poor people and minorities, but their underlying premise is "animals gonna animal."  You saw it with the BLM riots.  I prefer to think that if we put in the right incentive structures, all (most) people can rise to the challenge.  :cheers:

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why? States have different laws about a lot of things. The people get to determine them if they adhere to the constitution.  

I'm pretty sure you know why.

I'm pretty sure you know why.

No I don’t. We live in a republic. The federal government isn’t supposed to have this much say. It wasn’t drawn up that way. 

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Agreed.  The soft bigotry of low expectations.

One way might be to make it not quite so easy to get an abortion, so that people need to think twice about having unprotected sex, and if they do get pregnant (condoms break, etc.) they might think twice about starting a family.

The Left acts like they care about poor people and minorities, but their underlying premise is "animals gonna animal."  You saw it with the BLM riots.  I prefer to think that if we put in the right incentive structures, all (most) people can rise to the challenge.  :cheers:

I don't think it would help much.  People are going to continue making dumb decisions regardless if it's harder to have an abortion.  I may decrease it some but I don't think it will be to the extent that you're hoping.

The left definitely has their own issues.  No argument there.

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

No I don’t. We live in a republic. The federal government isn’t supposed to have this much say. It wasn’t drawn up that way. 

His reason for wanting blue states to have abortion legal is because he wants there to be fewer liberals.  It's been mentioned numerous times here already.

I don't think it would help much.  People are going to continue making dumb decisions regardless if it's harder to have an abortion.  I may decrease it some but I don't think it will be to the extent that you're hoping.

The left definitely has their own issues.  No argument there.

Fine. Then they can go to a state where abortion is easy to get. They won’t be left without the option. 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

His reason for wanting blue states to have abortion legal is because he wants there to be fewer liberals.  It's been mentioned numerous times here already.

You’re right. 

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Yeah, that doesn't work.  Sorry.  The person who believes in the sanctity of life isn't throwing aside anyone... the mother and/or the father of the child are throwing the kid aside.  According to Adoption statistics, "There are no national statistics on how many people are waiting to adopt, but experts estimate it is somewhere between one and two million couples."  There are over 130k kids every year being adopted, so people are picking up a nice portion of the slack and willing to pick up more.  But, there's too many people killing the kid.

All people are doing is wanting other people to be responsible for their actions.  I mean, you're asking people to either pay for people being on welfare or pay for them to kill someone else's kid.  Either way, you want others to pay for your screwups.  How about this?  How about... clean up your OWN mess!!  How about, instead of the government paying for everything, the mother (her body her choice, right?), and/or the father, pay for the abortion instead of the tax payers?  Or, how about this... anyone who votes for a Democrat official who makes abortions legal, THEY pay for the abortions?  Anyone who votes Republican, doesn't have to pay.  I mean, you're siding with abortion.  How about you be responsible for your actions.  You want it legal, you pay for it?

20 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Make people pay for their own abortion.  They created the situation... they fix it.  It's called personal accountability.

• Thanks 1

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

Yeah, that doesn't work.  Sorry.  The person who believes in the sanctity of life isn't throwing aside anyone... the mother and/or the father of the child are throwing the kid aside.  According to Adoption statistics, "There are no national statistics on how many people are waiting to adopt, but experts estimate it is somewhere between one and two million couples."  There are over 130k kids every year being adopted, so people are picking up a nice portion of the slack and willing to pick up more.  But, there's too many people killing the kid.

All people are doing is wanting other people to be responsible for their actions.  I mean, you're asking people to either pay for people being on welfare or pay for them to kill someone else's kid.  Either way, you want others to pay for your screwups.  How about this?  How about... clean up your OWN mess!!  How about, instead of the government paying for everything, the mother (her body her choice, right?), and/or the father, pay for the abortion instead of the tax payers?  Or, how about this... anyone who votes for a Democrat official who makes abortions legal, THEY pay for the abortions?  Anyone who votes Republican, doesn't have to pay.  I mean, you're siding with abortion.  How about you be responsible for your actions.  You want it legal, you pay for it?

Nice diversion attempt. We’re talking about paying for the kids you want to force people to have. Sure a few of them can probably do it on their own but often times we’re not talking about the cream of the crop here. Are you willing to pay more taxes to feed, clothe, house and educate these kids where the parents can’t or won’t?

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Nice diversion attempt. We’re talking about paying for the kids you want to force people to have. Sure a few of them can probably do it on their own but often times we’re not talking about the cream of the crop here. Are you willing to pay more taxes to feed, clothe, house and educate these kids where the parents can’t or won’t?

It's not a diversion, its called a solution.  Who said the person HAD to keep the kid?  You got pregnant.  You can't afford it... 2 options.  1) Pay for your own abortion [personal accountability] or 2) Give it up for adoption.  Like I said earlier... #NOT.THAT.HARD

5 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Make people pay for their own abortion.  They created the situation... they fix it.  It's called personal accountability.

That’s the way it’s supposed to work, as least as far as federal tax dollars go. It’s the law. But planned parenthood does some mammograms to get around it. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

But planned parenthood does some mammograms to get around it.

Exactly