edjr

Biden says he understands what inflation is like and is taking it serious

48 minutes ago, edjr said:

I am no political historian.

When was the last time a one term president, did not run for re-election? Not due to impeaching or illness. 

Technically Johnson, who just happened to be the guy to lay down the lies that would carry the Democrats until now.  Took a lot of murdering, though.

22 hours ago, Reality said:

Huh?

It's only a matter of time before his handlers no longer allow him to appear in public. 

C'mon man.  It's just another lovable "gaffe".

Has his handlers explained what he "was trying to say" or "meant to say" yet? 

Checking in at 4.69 a gallon this morning. 

Biden admin cancels massive oil and gas lease sale amid record-high gas prices

The DOI halted the potential to drill for oil in over 1 million acres in Alaska's Cook Inlet, along with two lease sales in the Gulf of Mexico

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/biden-admin-cancels-massive-oil-and-gas-lease-sale-amid-record-high-gas-prices/ar-AAXaRXw?ocid=uxbndlbing

1 hour ago, edjr said:

I am no political historian.

When was the last time a one term president, did not run for re-election? Not due to impeaching or illness. 

LBJ was eligible for re-election in 1968 and didn't run. Does he qualify as one term for you since he also filled in the final >1/4 of Kennedy's term?

On Wednesday, the national average price of regular gas hit an all-time high of $4.40, according to AAA.

8 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Biden admin cancels massive oil and gas lease sale amid record-high gas prices

The DOI halted the potential to drill for oil in over 1 million acres in Alaska's Cook Inlet, along with two lease sales in the Gulf of Mexico

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/biden-admin-cancels-massive-oil-and-gas-lease-sale-amid-record-high-gas-prices/ar-AAXaRXw?ocid=uxbndlbing

It’s supply and demand! 

56 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

LBJ was eligible for re-election in 1968 and didn't run. Does he qualify as one term for you since he also filled in the final >1/4 of Kennedy's term?

Not sure. I guess my point being, if Bideladen makes it to 4 years, he will run for reelection. 

God I wish we had the ability to have a vote of "no confidence" like the Brits do.    We can't handle another 2+ yrs of this administration.     Is there any doubt that if we had a "no confidence" vote provision that we'd be having elections tomorrow?    

15 minutes ago, Masshole said:

God I wish we had the ability to have a vote of "no confidence" like the Brits do.    We can't handle another 2+ yrs of this administration.     Is there any doubt that if we had a "no confidence" vote provision that we'd be having elections tomorrow?    

But then those who have attained permanent power wouldn’t have permanent power so the permanent power won’t allow it.  Follow? 

Good video. Correctly says it is partly Biden’s fault, but also many factors.  And even makes fun of Biden saying something creepy

Liberals under Biden:

Chicago Mayor Lightfoot refusing to pay speeding, red light tickets as they pile up

Multiple police-driven vehicles used to transport Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot have reportedly racked up multiple traffic tickets that have gone unpaid despite the mayor's advocacy for stricter speed cameras in the city.

Two of the SUVs used to shuttle Lightfoot throughout Chicago have accumulated three speed camera tickets and two warnings in the past month. The tickets have so far gone unpaid, CWB Chicago reported on Monday.

Additionally, CWB Chicago reported that one of the SUVs in the mayor’s fleet has a red light ticket that has not been paid and two SUVs that were previously assigned to Lightfoot’s security detail have outstanding speed and red light tickets.

One of those SUVs is eligible to be booted and impounded over the lack of payment.

Two of the speed violations committed by Lightfoot’s SUVs reportedly occurred in school zones and the citations stated that school children were present. 

Since taking office, Lightfoot supported a push to lower the "buffer zone" threshold that speed cameras allow before issuing a citation from 10 mph to 6 mph, arguing that it will make roads safer.

"No one likes speed cameras. I get it," Lightfoot was quoted last month. "But this is life or death that we’re talking about here, and we’ve got to step up as a city and address this."

Lightfoot also pointed out the potential dangers to kids despite being ticketed for speeding through a school zone with her own security detail.

"It is unconscionable that any City Council member would consider voting to allow for increased speeds near spaces utilized by our children," Lightfoot said.

Lightfoot's office did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Fox News Digital.

In 2020, Chicago Tribune reported that the city of Chicago dismissed the majority of tickets that were issued to Lightfoot's security team, which included tickets given at times the mayor was attending non-city related events.

The Illinois Policy Institute, a libertarian think tank, found that Chicago has issued 3.8 million speeding tickets, generating almost $80 million in revenue to the city since Lightfoot lowered the threshold last year. 

The Chicago City Council struck down a measure to repeal the lowered speed camera threshold last week in a vote that Lightfoot supported.

WLS-TV reported that 84% of all speed camera tickets issued were given to drivers driving between 6 and 10 miles per hour over the speed limit.

On 5/10/2022 at 3:22 PM, Djgb13 said:

The jobs that are supposedly responsible for the supply shortages were ALL operating normal during the pandemic. Weird how all of a sudden when Biden takes office we have shortages, inflation, high rent, etc. I’ve also been seeing where a ton of food processing plants are burning down. And I mean a TON. But of course the media says “nothing to see here” 

https://www.nfpa.org/News-and-Research/Publications-and-media/NFPA-Journal/2022/Summer-2022/News-and-Analysis/Dispatches/Food-Processing-Fires

Why am I not surprised that “catturd” has apparently become a voice of conservatives?

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Why am I not surprised that “catturd” has apparently become a voice of conservatives?

We talked about these suspicious fires at meat suppliers and other main suppliers over the last year.

25 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

We talked about these suspicious fires at meat suppliers and other main suppliers over the last year.

Yes, I remember, that's why I bumped the thread where you were talking about them...

On 1/30/2023 at 11:48 AM, TimHauck said:

Sounds like you got a case of the CNNs

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Reality said:

This is brutal.

Well, if the job numbers are accurate, and i suspect they are not, then this makes sense.  Strong job markets are a big influence on inflation.  So this could be seen as something of a "proof" that the job numbers might be true. 

4 hours ago, Reality said:

This is brutal.

But Tim said that inflation is way down. Historic levels down.!! 

8 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

But Tim said that inflation is way down. Historic levels down.!! 

which Tim? 

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

which Tim? 

You are dismissed. You offer much stupidity, but at least the other Tim offers a greater level of stupidity. Oh hell. You both win for stupidity level.  :mad:

• Thanks 1

lies of omission.  liberals will champion every drop in inflation and take credit and then ignore any rise and blame trump, gingrich, bush and reagan.

I view this all on a very micro, very personal level. What I know is my buying power of my current wage is decreasing markedly, and the security from my retirement fund is looking shaky.  I hope this passes.  I hope this is a correction which has about played its course.  I worry that will not be so with a government which loves to take on more debt and loves to redistribute wealth not based on productivity, or even on need, but on cronyism and the purchase of electoral power.