Alias Detective

Your gas price

It's been $4.19 in eastern Iowa for a while now.  I was in NW Iowa over the weekend and found $3.89 though.

Just talking about this with coworker. He paid almost $400 to fill up his boat. By me on Long Island it’s $4.89

last night, I paid $50 for the 1st time ever since getting my car June of 2020

5.39 a gallon

This week marks the first time in US history that the price of gas is over $4/gallon in every state in the US. 

Queue the board libs to chime in that Biden has no influence on gas prices and then to blame it all on Putin. . . 

2 minutes ago, Masshole said:

This week marks the first time in US history that the price of gas is over $4/gallon in every state in the US. 

Queue the board libs to chime in that Biden has no influence on gas prices and then to blame it all on Putin. . . 

...or Trump

B/w 4.79-4.99 Mid Hudson valley, NY. 

Or say that there are many factors combining to cause gas prices to go up and there is zero chance that a bunch of partisan a$$holes on a fantasy football forum can even dare to understand them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

Just now, paulinstl said:

Or say that there are many factors combining to cause gas prices to go up and there is zero chance that a bunch of partisan a$$holes on a fantasy football forum can even dare to understand them.

But you can. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, paulinstl said:

So the fact that Biden and his crew openly stated this would happen after his election isn't partisan, but we are.  Got it. 

16 minutes ago, paulinstl said:

You forgot "Puuuuuutiiiin!!!!!!"     Or alternatively; "Truuuuuump!!!!"   

Say it like Captain Kirk yelling "Khaaaannnnn!!!!", that will really help make your point.   

The pain will continue for a while. New production is unable to ramp up fast enough not enough workers or equipment to drill the amount of wells needed to meet the demand.

Using the power of hind-site, the way this could have been prevented was to subsidize the oil industry to keep drilling even when the price of oil was under 50 dollars a bbl in 2020. But that would not have sit well with the public back in 2020.

Due to the lag it takes in getting wells producing we are feeling the effects of past decisions. All of which were market driven.  None of this was Trump's fault because it would have been stupid with the knowledge we had at the time to subsidize the oil industry.

The reason why recent wells matter so much is because fracked wells lose production quickly. A fracked well that is 5 years old only produces a fraction of the oil of a newer well. This is why losing some of those "fresher" 2020 wells hurt our supply so much.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/frackings-secret-problemoil-wells-arent-producing-as-much-as-forecast-11546450162

I forgot where I was posting.

Biden :mad:

Or for the other 3-4 posters.

Trump :mad:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

The pain will continue for a while. New production is unable to ramp up fast enough not enough workers or equipment to drill the amount of wells needed to meet the demand.

Using the power of hind-site, the way this could have been prevented was to subsidize the oil industry to keep drilling even when the price of oil was under 50 dollars a bbl in 2020. But that would not have sit well with the public back in 2020.

Due to the lag it takes in getting wells producing we are feeling the effects of past decisions. All of which were market driven.  None of this was Trump's fault because it would have been stupid with the knowledge we had at the time to subsidize the oil industry.

The reason why recent wells matter so much is because fracked wells lose production quickly. A fracked well that is 5 years old only produces a fraction of the oil of a newer well. This is why losing some of those "fresher" 2020 wells hurt our supply so much.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/frackings-secret-problemoil-wells-arent-producing-as-much-as-forecast-11546450162

Alternative energy will be talked about adnausium because of the Dem’s wish and push for alternative energy. at $2 a gallon there isn’t an urgency for alternatives. It is the Dems plan to have fuel remain high.  

Can’t sell electric cars and solar if oil is cheap. 

55 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I’m getting more volume on the wells I’m getting royalties from. The wells are 15 years old too. I think they control the output quite often too. 

article is also from 2019. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Paid $4.39 at Sam's Club yesterday. Thanks DeSantis.

BJs here charges like 40 to 50 cents less than everyone else. but its 20 miles from me. so that's 2 gallons of gas to get there and back. 😐 

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

BJs here charges like 40 to 50 cents less than everyone else. but its 20 miles from me. so that's 2 gallons of gas to get there and back. 😐 

Sam's Club is like 3-4 cents cheaper. The 7-11 down the street from me is charging 4.4x.

Our gas is about to get even cheaper. In October we won't have a gas tax in Florida anymore. He got rid of sales tax too (for one year).

3 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

I’m getting more volume on the wells I’m getting royalties from. The wells are 15 years old too. I think they control the output quite often too. 

How a well is completed matters for long term production, I was talking about the oil producing wells in West Texas, New Mexico, and North Dakota. This is where the majority of our oil production comes from in the country.

A traditionally completed oil well in offshore of Louisiana for example produces much longer with a slower drop off in volume.

It is good to here that gas wells in the North East produce for a long time. :thumbsup:

Just now, iam90sbaby said:

Sam's Club is like 3-4 cents cheaper. The 7-11 down the street from me is charging 4.4x.

Our gas is about to get even cheaper. In October we won't have a gas tax in Florida anymore.

My state has the 2nd highest gas tax to effing HI. 

8 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Neat isn’t it. 

Thanks Obama!!

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

Our gas is about to get even cheaper. In October we won't have a gas tax in Florida anymore.

My in laws are moving to their parents in Georgia in hopes of moving to Florida.

I am considering it, but I have to convince my employer to let me WFH full time, instead of 2 days a week in the office.

Not sure I am at the point. It could happen in the next couple of years.

A big part of this is policy. Fact. And hedge funds and pension funds divesting from fossil fuels. 

30 miles outside Nashville. 
Every station was at $4.29 yesterday.

Anyone find it concerning we have been emptying the national reserves at the rate we are?
The national oil reserves are now at the lowest level in 35 years.

3 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

$4.79 in the Heartland of PA

45 minutes ago, DonS said:

Which state are you in?  I'm sure WA is up near the top. 

Edit: according to this link HI has the second lowest gas tax with Alaska being cheapest.  Top 3 are PA, CA, WA.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/gas-taxes-by-state

PA - highest tax I guess. Fock me Wolf

:doh: 

45 minutes ago, Old School said:

30 miles outside Nashville. 
Every station was at $4.29 yesterday.

Anyone find it concerning we have been emptying the national reserves at the rate we are?
The national oil reserves are now at the lowest level in 35 years.

We sent that oil elsewhere. 

14 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

PA - highest tax I guess. Fock me Wolf

You're #1!!!  :first:

2 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

you mean prices weren't low because Trump and now high because Biden?

9 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

you mean prices weren't low because Trump and now high because Biden?

So Bidens policy plays no role? Really? You think finance of fossil fuels and the divesting from it plays no role?

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So Bidens policy plays no role? Really? 

ask MTSkiBum, he probably knows more about oil than anyone else here

• Like 1