Cloaca du jour

Media Event!! Jan 6th Propaganda!! Tonight!! Official Thread!!

15 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Explain what waste means to you and then give examples of waste in a public school and a charter school and then tell us how they are similar. 

You first. You made the claim. I only pointed out there is waste in the public education system as well. You’re saying there isn’t?

9 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

So you are saying you would've been okay with Barack Obama saying the same exact things as Trump and you would have said about the people "They were just taking selfies."?

Yeah. I'm no fan of Obama, but if people destroy things, I just hope they get prosecuted for it. I don't care what Obama says. If you are foolish enough to listen to him, and you commit a crime, that's on you.  

Unlike in 2020 when no one was seemingly being thrown in prison. 

And if some 79 year old woman with cancer were to have walked into and wandered around a federal building illegally in 2020, I wouldn't expect her to have been thrown into solitary confinement for a year+ like they are doing with those that went through opened doors into the capital.  

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

1) right alt right it’s all the same 

2) who benefits most is kids getting better education

3) there is wasteful spending in every aspect of life

4) I never said I know more about charter schools. I only commented because you made it about rich right wing nonsense

5) because my son is extremely advanced and they regular school has 30 students all on the same level. He pretty much learned stuff he learned when he was 5 and home schooled. He’s 10. He took a test when he went into public school and tested into 8th grade but we wanted him to be with kids his age. So they moved him into a 4/5 charter class which has 14 students and he can go at his own pace. 

1.) Not to me it isn't.

2.) Yeah I'm sure the schools that purposely grab low achieving kids and rubber stamp them through charter schools because it pays more are solely concerned about the kids education.

3.) See you don't know how so many charter schools operate and thus don't know where the waste comes in.

4.) Look at the political affiliations for a majority of the people who run them.

5.) So you're son (if I believe your story) is an exceptional student who is in a very specific situation and thus would benefit from something where he can potentially work at a different pace. That does not mean everyone has that experience. Also- traditional brick and mortar public schools will allow students to accelerate if the parents push for it. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You first. You made the claim. I only pointed out there is waste in the public education system as well. You’re saying there isn’t?

Where did I say there wasn't? I've said a few times about how things are done differently. So you provide examples to prove otherwise. 

1 minute ago, craftsman said:

Yeah. I'm no fan of Obama, but if people destroy things, I just hope they get prosecuted for it. I don't care what Obama says. If you are foolish enough to listen to him, and you commit a crime, that's on you.  

Unlike in 2020 when no one was seemingly being thrown in prison. 

And if some 79 year old woman with cancer were to have walked into wandered around a federal building illegally in 2020, I wouldn't expect her to have been thrown into solitary confinement for a year+ like they are doing with those that went through opened doors into the capital.  

But you realize there are people here saying nothing should be done to these people. 

43 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I mean- Donald Trump is part of the the DC elitism whether you want to believe that or not. 

Sure, whatever you want.

5 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Where did I say there wasn't? I've said a few times about how things are done differently. So you provide examples to prove otherwise. 

But you realize there are people here saying nothing should be done to these people. 

If there is waste in public education system then why are you pointing out waste in the charter system? Is the waste in the public education system better? Your attempt to disparage the charter system by pointing out the same flaws that are in the public system is silly and a failure.  You didn’t really think it through. Emotions. 

7 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I think time served is at this point for the people who just entered into the building is way more punishment than they deserved. Everyone left when they were told to leave. . If they have video of someone breaking stuff, then they need to held accountable. If they have video of someone beating someone up, then press charges for that. 

From the video I saw, most of the stupid people in there were just wandering around. Kind of like Colbert's crew only not after hours. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If there is waste in public education system then why are you pointing out waste in the charter system? Is the waste in the public education system better? Your attempt to disparage the charter system by pointing out the same flaws that are in the public system is silly and a failure.  You didn’t really think it through. Emotions. 

Please tell us everything you know about charter schools and waste there. Since you seem to know every single piece of waste in the public school system flash your knowledge of the charter system. 

2 hours ago, craftsman said:

I think time served is at this point for the people who just entered into the building is way more punishment than they deserved. Everyone left when they were told to leave. . If they have video of someone breaking stuff, then they need to held accountable. If they have video of someone beating someone up, then press charges for that. 

From the video I saw, most of the stupid people in there were just wandering around. Kind of like Colbert's crew only not after hours. 

That's fair if that's your opinion. I would venture most people here don't share the opinion. 

2 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Here I’ll leave it here Mooney. Go fock yourself. If you believe my story 

Okay....so we should do things in schools based on the exception of your kid? What a stunning argument. 

Mooney- there’s waste in the charter school system

Non- Hysterical person- there’s waste in the public education system as well

Mooney- tell me what you know about waste in the charter school system. 

Yup, that just happened.  

Waste in the public education system ---> Mooney, Exhibit A  

Charter schools by default have to be a step up from that.  Case closed.

5 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Please tell us everything you know about charter schools and waste there. Since you seem to know every single piece of waste in the public school system flash your knowledge of the charter system. 

That's fair if that's your opinion. I would venture most people here don't share the opinion. 

Okay....so we should do things in schools based on the exception of your kid? What a stunning argument. 

Is that what a said d1ckwad?  You said if you believe my story 

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Mooney- there’s waste in the charter school system

Non- Hysterical person- there’s waste in the public education system as well

Mooney- tell me what you know about waste in the charter school system. 

Yup, that just happened.  

So you can't come up with anything? Typical for you

18 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

🤡

More and more people are leaving the public education system and not looking back. Says a lot. 

Merrick Garland has painted himself into a corner.  Now he has to bring charges against Trump, and when he doesnt it will expose this circus sideshow.  

On 7/25/2022 at 8:02 PM, Sean Mooney said:

I love anything that will drive white people away from the public school system. 

16 hours ago, Horseman said:

Merrick Garland has painted himself into a corner.  Now he has to bring charges against Trump, and when he doesnt it will expose this circus sideshow.  

You might be right. It's an untenable situation for an AG though. Do what's right and indict the SOB, and you have 30 million deluded Trumpites and the right wing media propaganda machine screaming about how the whole thing is political. And of course it's political,  just by the nature of those involved. 

Or you turtle and refuse to indict him because of political cowardice, and the next wannabe strongman authoritarian that gets elected POTUS will be smarter than Trump and be successful where Trump wasn't. And the whole notion of a liberal democracy in the US goes extinct, while those 30 million bask in the liberal tears.

Trump needs to be indicted and put on trial.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Fnord said:

You might be right. It's an untenable situation for an AG though. Do what's right and indict the SOB, and you have 30 million deluded Trumpites and the right wing media propaganda machine screaming about how the whole thing is political. And of course it's political,  just by the nature of those involved. 

Or you turtle and refuse to indict him because of political cowardice, and the next wannabe strongman authoritarian that gets elected POTUS will be smarter than Trump and be successful where Trump wasn't. And the whole notion of a liberal democracy in the US goes extinct, while those 30 million bask in the liberal tears.

Trump needs to be indicted and put on trial.

"Indict the SOB" for what?

Because you are a liberal and you hold hate very close to your heart in life?

So they are really going fishing...from Trump to Clarence Thomas.  They are calling his wife to the stand to go after Clarence now?

Just now, Cloaca du jour said:

So they are really going fishing...from Trump to Clarence Thomas.  They are calling his wife to the stand to go after Clarence now?

Well, Clarence is going to outlaw interracial marriage. 

29 minutes ago, craftsman said:

"Indict the SOB" for what?

Because you are a liberal and you hold hate very close to your heart in life?

If you can't pay attention,  I'm not wasting my time explaining it. 

1 minute ago, Fnord said:

Then it’s a no brainer. Indict they must. Can’t wait. 

11 minutes ago, Fnord said:

So you got nothing. Indict him because you hate him. 

Good one. 

You know when you boil this all down. It turns out that this may be one of the few hearings where there's actually more meat than fat. More fire than smoke.

Not that I expect the die hard Trumpers to actually watch and read through the hearings. 

There are now so many videos of reporters and even comedians confronting mouth breathing locals wearing Trump hats with actual testimony and video and audio and the Trumpers just saying oh it can't be true! 😡 Fake news! Rudy giuliani! Pillow guy!  🤬 

I mean, God damn, it's like the Retarded Avengers and Teflon Man.

And itd take about 5 seconds to dig up video from a past Trump rally where some of the truck morons were wearing pro Putin t-shirts.

Less than that for Q'anon. 

Both sides are pretty well set. I mean when you have  trump family, cabinet members, appointees, confidants, everybody telling the same story?  f***, If this were a criminal case? He'd be under the jail by now. But it's mostly a political dog and pony and congress's way of trying to keep him the f*** from running again. 

Because if Biden is the alternative? Wow. There might be a record number of Democrats voting for DeSantis at this point.

But damned if Josh Hawley didn't get his ass owned by congress. 😁. Damn. I bet nobody sits next to him at the Congressional lunch room. 😁

I've never seen anybody skit at all that hard to get away from a couple of guys taking selfies. So which is it?

If nobody remembers anything else, the video of him running like a b**** is going to stay  ingrained for a long time.  

"Yay insurrectionists! I'm with you! ✊

Holly shiit! Insurrectionists! Gotta go!" 😳

I'm not sure who dubbed in the Scooby-Doo running away audio clip. But it was perfect. 😁

I've never seen anybody skedaddle in such terror from "a couple of guys taking selfies." Isn't that what some of you characterize this as? 😁

I mean facts, video, audio, still photos, testimony, admitted testimony under oath notwithstanding...

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

You know when you boil this all down. It turns out that this may be one of the few hearings where there's actually more meat than fat. More fire than smoke.

Not that I expect the die hard Trumpers to actually watch and read through the hearings. 

It's not a hearing. It's a whinefest. 

If Trump, and a bunch of conservatives got in a room and had a television produced show of them complaining about Pelosi and Biden, would you watch it? 

18 minutes ago, craftsman said:

If Trump, and a bunch of conservatives got in a room and had a television produced show of them complaining about Pelosi and Biden, would you watch it? 

see, here's your mindset. No matter what alias you choose for the week. you think it's an Either Or. I think it's a Neither Nor.

Hell yeah I'd watch that. Biden's just hilarious. And if there is any woman I hate more than Hillary is probably pelosi. Or harris. In fact, and you think the media would figure this out being the woke people they are. I think of any single Congress woman we know. Whether it's AOC or Margarita green or whatever. They're all tragically stupid. 

There's got to be some smart ones. But we never hear from them.

Literally, and I thought about it for a while.  The only woman I can think of that gets consistently fairly favorably reported from Congress is Darth Cheney's daughter. And as much as I hope her father dies in an entirely New circle of hell? She's pretty f****** bright. And has integrity. In fact, I'd f****** vote for her before just about anybody else right now. But the rest of them should die or at least get the f*** out of congress. That Sarah Palin want to be from my state? The idiot who talked about the giant Jewish space laser? Don't even get me started on Sheila Jackson lee. 

If this is supposed to be a seminal moment for female lawmakers? They are s******* the bed spectacularly.

But again, we know your colors. No matter what your f****** alias is this week. Coward. 

Let me use a metaphor: You literally think it's a crips and bloods thing. And I think they're all n******.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

see, here's your mindset. No matter what alias you choose for the week. you think it's an either or. I think it's a neither nor.

Hell yeah I'd watch that.

You must have nothing better to do in life. No matter what alias you use.

1 minute ago, craftsman said:

You must have nothing better to do in life. No matter what alias you use.

Hey, nice dodge! 😁

4 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Hey, nice dodge! 😁

I don't "dodge" insufferable arguments, I just don't get fully involved in them. 

55 minutes ago, craftsman said:

A whinefest full of Republican staffers and appointed officials, with close, direct ties to the Trump admin, testifying to dirty deeds by Trump and his sycophants, under oath and penalty of perjury? With no one stepping forward to the DOJ, HJ6C, Congress, or media to present exculpatory evidence for the Don? Yup, nothing to see here. If you haven't watched a minute of it, and won't believe what's being presented anyway, then what point is served by wasting time giving you links or more facts?

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Then it’s a no brainer. Indict they must. Can’t wait. 

Explaining it to you is definitely a waste of time. No one is getting through to you. It's like your brain is rhino-lined. Or is it RINO-lined?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Fnord said:

A whinefest full of Republican staffers and appointed officials, with close, direct ties to the Trump admin, testifying to dirty deeds by Trump and his sycophants, under oath and penalty of perjury? With no one stepping forward to the DOJ, HJ6C, Congress, or media to present exculpatory evidence for the Don? Yup, nothing to see here. If you haven't watched a minute of it, and won't believe what's being presented anyway, then what point is served by wasting time giving you links or more facts?

There are no people in defense of the person they are attacking. 

It's not a real trial. It's a whinefest. Enjoy wasting your life watching it while they are taking in your tax dollars doing absolutely nothing to improve your life. 

1 hour ago, craftsman said:

There are no people in defense of the person they are attacking. 

It's not a real trial. It's a whinefest. Enjoy wasting your life watching it while they are taking in your tax dollars doing absolutely nothing to improve your life. 

No one's calling it a trial because it isn't. Enjoy supporting a party of autocrats and traitors while you hate on libs and watch democracy die, I guess. I'd rather have criminals held responsible,  but to each their own.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fnord said:

No one's calling it a trial because it isn't. Enjoy supporting a party of autocrats and traitors while you hate on libs and watch democracy die, I guess. I'd rather have criminals held responsible,  but to each their own.

Do you want a million references of people saying this is a trisl?

Trump on Trial: A Guide to the January 6 Hearings and the Question of Criminality

2 hours ago, Fnord said:

They don’t allow anyone to speak that doesn’t follow the exact narrative they want. They won’t even allow the guy who that Cassidy lady said was in the car that trump tried to steal to speak 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

They don’t allow anyone to speak that doesn’t follow the exact narrative they want. They won’t even allow the guy who that Cassidy lady said was in the car that trump tried to steal to speak 

that's not actually true. But good luck with that.

21 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

What ever happened to the secret service agents willing to testify that could have corroborated Hutchinson's second hand story, because they were actually there?    Poof!

6 minutes ago, Horseman said:

What ever happened to the secret service agents willing to testify that could have corroborated Hutchinson's second hand story, because they were actually there?    Poof!

Oddly, they won't be testifying. Perhaps that has something to do with taking an oath prior?

Meanwhile, her story has been corroborated by other witnesses within the USSS.

• Haha 1