Cloaca du jour

Media Event!! Jan 6th Propaganda!! Tonight!! Official Thread!!

Just now, Masshole said:

So, why then did they have to present that "evidence" in such a ridiculous format?    If the "evidence" they have is so strong - why the unwillingness to let it be challenged by anyone who isn't fully in lock step with Nancy Pelosi?    

If the DOJ and Garland have the balls to do the right thing, they'll have their chance to challenge in court. That and there's very few people able and willing to put themselves on the line to defend the indefensible. 

1 minute ago, Fnord said:

Since you won't shut up about it, I'll humor you like the child you are. Why are you going on about 2016 and WTF does it matter?

You’re the one who claimed republicans will never change.I asked if you knew what happened in 2016. You don’t, but at least try and  Keep up. You might learn something and not make such ignorant statements.  

40 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Casey Hutchinson is a life long Republican? She’s like 23-24. Weak. Star “Witness”!! Lol. 

Heard it from a friend who...heard it from a friend who....heard it from another that you've been assaulting secret service officers!  They say you've got an insurrection...you're out there protestin......Everyone's talking about you and it's bringing me down.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

HT is the dumbest poster on this board. It's not even close. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣..........that's rich!

47 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Nope. I like being informed. 

Here is some info for you:  Trump won't be charged.  That vindicates Trump.  THE END.

11 minutes ago, Masshole said:

So, why then did they have to present that "evidence" in such a ridiculous format?    If the "evidence" they have is so strong - why the unwillingness to let it be challenged by anyone who isn't fully in lock step with Nancy Pelosi?    

I'm thinking we've had this conversation before. Perhaps In this very thread.

At the risk of being redundant, since you're forcing me to be so, there is indeed, a difference between a congressional hearing and a trial.

And this is why Roger Clemens didn't go to jail for doing steroids or f****** Mindy mccready. An underage minor at the time by the way.

Now, if that doesn't ring a bell, maybe hearken back to the good old days when Bill Clinton was in office. And there were hearings, and we learned that a beej wasnt sex. But it was. But it wasn't. But he lied about it. The hearings didn't do s***. The subsequent trial did.

Or, if you need something more recent, think of the seven different Congressional hearings there were about Hillary Clinton deleting emails about canceling her yoga appointments and whatnot. Never was a trial. Never was some sort of conviction. But there you have it.

Even Mr Rogers participated in a congressional hearing. It's f****** legendary by the way and you really should Google it.

Or, do you have some sort of brain injury or goldfish memory that makes you think that we as a country and Congress specifically just invented the Congressional hearing?

Man, I'm too f****** good at this. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Heard it from a friend who...heard it from a friend who....heard it from another that you've been assaulting secret service officers!  They say you've got an insurrection...you're out there protestin......Everyone's talking about you and it's bringing me down.

Better eat more alphabet soup.

9 minutes ago, Horseman said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣..........that's rich!

It shouldn't offend you. You are pretty dopey in your own right. 

15 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Here is some info for you:  Trump won't be charged.  That vindicates Trump.  THE END.

Do you think Deshaun Watson has been vindicated?

Edit: I agree Trump won't be charged btw.  And he probably didn't do anything criminally, doesn't mean he didn't do anything wrong.

23 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

I'm thinking we've had this conversation before. Perhaps In this very thread.

At the risk of being redundant, since you're forcing me to be so, there is indeed, a difference between a congressional hearing and a trial.

And this is why Roger Clemens didn't go to jail for doing steroids or f****** Mindy mccready. An underage minor at the time by the way.

Now, if that doesn't ring a bell, maybe hearken back to the good old days when Bill Clinton was in office. And there were hearings, and we learned that a beej wasnt sex. But it was. But it wasn't. But he lied about it. The hearings didn't do s***. The subsequent trial did.

Or, if you need something more recent, think of the seven different Congressional hearings there were about Hillary Clinton deleting emails about canceling her yoga appointments and whatnot. Never was a trial. Never was some sort of conviction. But there you have it.

Even Mr Rogers participated in a congressional hearing. It's f****** legendary by the way and you really should Google it.

Or, do you have some sort of brain injury or goldfish memory that makes you think that we as a country and Congress specifically just invented the Congressional hearing?

Man, I'm too f****** good at this. 

Just one question = in the history of our gov't how many hearings have been conducted like Jan 6th one?     There's got to be a lot of precedent for something like this, right?    You analogize the Clinton hearings, so all of the congressmen and women that sat on that hearing were all anti-Clinton zealots, right?  

31 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Better eat more alphabet soup.

It shouldn't offend you. You are pretty dopey in your own right. 

Who's offended moron?  Does this stuff just come out of the thin air between your ears?

25 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Do you think Deshaun Watson has been vindicated?

Edit: I agree Trump won't be charged btw.  And he probably didn't do anything criminally, doesn't mean he didn't do anything wrong.

Did the Attorney General of the United States promise to prosecute Deshaun Watson to the full extent of the law if there is any evidence at all of him being responsible?  And then not get charged with anything?

18 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

OJ VINDICATED! 😁

OJ was actually charged with something.  HTH

2 hours ago, Fnord said:

You're just proving my point for me. That you can seriously still use this as a defense is absurd. Pelosi rejected 2 of McCarthy's preferred choices because they were potentially subjects of the investigation, which McCarthy knew would happen. It gave McCarthy cover to throw a fit and pull everyone, with the express purpose of being able to declare what you are now repeating. 

Every. Single. Person. That has testified is a life-long Republican that voted for Donald Trump. Most of them were hired by Trump. Many are risking their careers in Republican politics by testifying. But you keep believing there's no evidence, it just makes it easier for those of us that give a sh1t to identify those of you that don't. You're really doing us a favor by being so ignorant.  Thanks!

Of course they are going to give a phony reason to not use other points of view. Then they just happen to pick 2 useless never Trumpers. Excuses.

I'll give to the liberal politicians, they know that their voters will eat up any lies they throw out there.

15 minutes ago, Masshole said:

Just one question = in the history of our gov't how many hearings have been conducted like Jan 6th one?     There's got to be a lot of precedent for something like this, right?    You analogize the Clinton hearings, so all of the congressmen and women that sat on that hearing were all anti-Clinton zealots, right?  

Yeah, and...?

1 hour ago, Masshole said:

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

Yeah, and...?

So, you gonna answer the question?    

1 hour ago, craftsman said:

Of course they are going to give a phony reason to not use other points of view. Then they just happen to pick 2 useless never Trumpers.Excuses.

I'll give to the liberal politicians, they know that their voters will eat up any lies they throw out there.

What lies are the liberal politicians telling? Name one. Back up your statement. Liberal politicians aren't saying anything because they don't need to. Witness testimonies tell the story. Testimony given under oath, with questions asked by lawyers, not politicians. The Democrats don't need to do sh1t. The people that spent time with Trump are the ones that will hang him for committing treason.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Fnord said:

What lies are the liberal politicians telling? Name one. Back up your statement. Liberal politicians aren't saying anything because they don't need to. Witness testimonies tell the story. Testimony given under oath, with questions asked by lawyers, not politicians. The Democrats don't need to do sh1t. The people that spent time with Trump are the ones that will hang him for committing treason.

I gave you one and backed it up. You dismissed it. So now you ask for more?

I'm not the person you should be talking to about you believing that a bad tv show is real life to you.

Maybe go pay a therapist or someone else  to listen to your alternate realities and hallucinations.

Libtards still think establishment republicans are for Trump and thus when they speak out against him it has some weight. Showing once again they haven’t a clue. Jeb!!

21 hours ago, craftsman said:

I gave you one and backed it up. You dismissed it.

I dismissed it because it's verifiable drivel. You wanting to believe it doesn't mean it's true. It's a stupid right wing talking point that is meaningless in the context of the investigation. There has not been a single instance in the hearings of partisan grandstanding BS that you usually see at Congressional hearings. They present facts and testimony. You'd know that if you bothered to learn anything about it other than what you hear from your preferred right wing media sources, but since you can't get past your own partisanship, you'll remain ignorant. And I'll continue to slap you down for it.

2 minutes ago, Fnord said:

I dismissed it because it's verifiable drivel. You wanting to believe it doesn't mean it's true. It's a stupid right wing talking point that is meaningless in the context of the investigation. There has not been a single instance in the hearings of partisan grandstanding BS that you usually see at Congressional hearings. They present facts and testimony. You'd know that if you bothered to learn anything about it other than what you hear from your preferred right wing media sources, but since you can't get past your own partisanship, you'll remain ignorant. And I'll continue to slap you down for it.

When you quoted me you deleted this part for some reason. So just as a reminder.

I'm not the person you should be talking to about you believing that a bad tv show is real life to you.

Maybe go pay a therapist or someone else  to listen to your alternate realities and hallucinations.

2 minutes ago, craftsman said:

When you quoted me you deleted this part for some reason. So just as a reminder.

I deleted it because that part of what you said wasn't worthy of a response.

Just now, Fnord said:

then why are you discussing politics here?  very few are worthy, mentally.

After this wraps up we’re going to have Covid hearings, right? 

2 minutes ago, Fnord said:

I dismissed you from this conversation with me. Go tell your delusional stories to someone who cares. 

1 minute ago, craftsman said:

I dismissed you from this conversation with me. Go tell your delusional stories to someone who cares. 

he is.  you are the odd one out.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, taco breath said:

he is.  you are the odd one out.

I guess I am. I am not a big fan liberals gushing over crappy television shows. :dunno:

6 minutes ago, craftsman said:

I guess I am. I am not a big fan liberals gushing over crappy television shows. :dunno:

and i dont like broken records that skip and play the same thing ...

over and,

over and,

8 minutes ago, craftsman said:

over and,

over and,

over and,

over and,

over and,

over and

over and,

over and,

over and

over and,

over and,

over and

over and,

over and,

over and

over and,

over and,

over and

3 minutes ago, taco breath said:

over and,

over and,

The one's that keep screaming "Trump!" over and over and over. That is annoying for sure. 

Loving the game of arguing about something, having information presented to you that shows you're wrong, then saying you don't care anyway. Good stuff. Expected from Trump supporters.  Willful ignorance is a prerequisite.

Loving the game of arguing about something, having information presented to you that shows you're wrong, then saying you don't care anyway. Good stuff. Expected from liberal voters.  Willful ignorance is a prerequisite

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, craftsman said:

And I only got 1 scoop. :mad:

Seems like you've been shorted a hell of a lot more than a scoop of ice cream.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fnord said:

I was mocking you and your ilk. And your answer to yourself is spot on. :lol:

6 hours ago, Fnord said:

I've been off the grid and I haven't been following the hearings recently; can you briefly summarize (or point me to a link with) the compelling evidence that he committed a crime?

Besides waiting longer than he should have to get a message out to the protestors, but we already knew that and I'm not clear on if that is a crime.

TIA.  :cheers: 

20 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I've been off the grid and I haven't been following the hearings recently; can you briefly summarize (or point me to a link with) the compelling evidence that he committed a crime?

Besides waiting longer than he should have to get a message out to the protestors, but we already knew that and I'm not clear on if that is a crime.

TIA.  :cheers: 

This is a good summary with plenty of links

Appreciate you and your willingness to look into this. If you have questions after looking this over, just ask. I don’t have time to try to summarize the largest investigation in DOJ history in a readable post.

But to your point about the 187 minutes rising to the level of criminality, he was the POTUS, and he took an oath to defend the US against enemies foreign and domestic.  He let a violent riot go on at the Capitol, where one of the most fundamental procedures in our nation was occurring, for over three hours. He knew the crowd was armed, and he knew what they were there to do. He knew members of Congress and his own VP were in danger. He did nothing other than watch Fox News and make phone calls to people like Rudy Giuliani; not to police, National Guard, or any other agency that could lend support to the police on the ground. Calling that a gross dereliction of duty is being incredibly gracious.

• Like 1