Cloaca du jour

Media Event!! Jan 6th Propaganda!! Tonight!! Official Thread!!

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I'm thinking that his 'selfie' video didn't help him during sentencing. 

Did he go in? 

On 7/28/2022 at 4:19 PM, craftsman said:

Liberal democrats got nothing in life to hang on to other than their skills in cheating on elections. 

It sucks they have that. 

For the 1,000th time (actually you "lessers" are 0-64 in court filings), PROVE IT-where is the PROOF of this "cheating" you second place finishers are spewing? You're 0-64, dunderhead. You are one of "them" that 10 years from now will be too embarrassed to admit that they supported The Liar.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

For the 1,000th time (actually you "lessers" are 0-64 in court filings), PROVE IT-where is the PROOF of this "cheating" you second place finishers are spewing? You're 0-64, dunderhead. You are one of "them" that 10 years from now will be too embarrassed to admit that they supported The Liar.

DeShawn Watson knows where it is.

15 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

No evidence of widespread fraud.

Massive amounts of evidence that the violent, armed J6 coup attempt was planned, coordinated, and carried out by Trump and his circle of delusional, drunken morons.

Trumpers: The election was stolen and the patriots in the Capitol on J6 were tourists taking selfies! Trump 2024!!!

Cognitive dissonance is one thing, stupidity quite another.

2 minutes ago, Fnord said:

No evidence of widespread fraud.

Massive amounts of evidence that the violent, armed J6 coup attempt was planned, coordinated, and carried out by Trump and his circle of delusional, drunken morons.

Trumpers: The election was stolen and the patriots in the Capitol on J6 were tourists taking selfies! Trump 2024!!!

Cognitive dissonance is one thing, stupidity quite another.

By evidence of what you just wrote.

Talk about living in LaLa Land. :wacko:

Plenty of evidence of fraud in the 2020 election. Some people don’t know the difference between evidence and proof. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Plenty of evidence of fraud in the 2020 election. Some people don’t know the difference between evidence and proof. 

You happen to be one of them, it seems. Along with craftsman.

14 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He never went in. Seems excessive.  

But I was told over and over again that no one was armed! Turns out that's just more right wing propaganda swallowed without question. Just like you at the wayside rest stops late at night...

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The same people on this site who say there was no election fraud because there is no proof, think Deshawn Watson is guilty of sexual misconduct....even though there is no proof.

You can't play that card both ways, but they sure try to.

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They're deliberately kept in the dark by the media and big tech, compounded by their own lack of interest in it.

14 minutes ago, Fnord said:

But I was told over and over again that no one was armed! Turns out that's just more right wing propaganda swallowed without question. Just like you at the wayside rest stops late at night...

I didn’t say he was innocent. I said the sentence was excessive. You see and hear what you want. 

Do they have any sworn affidavits in this investigation? I’m told that’s the pinnacle of evidence.

17 minutes ago, Fnord said:

You happen to be one of them, it seems. Along with craftsman.

I know the difference. Evidence is what’s required to prove something. You want to skip over the evidence part and claim it doesn’t exist, when it clearly does. Unless you don’t know what evidence is. It’s one or the other 

10 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

So when do you guys think Trump will be charged?

Likely wont be, it could depend on the polls.

This entire pursuit is mostly a political tactic to harm Trump as a political factor.  Expect an attack on Desantos as well should he declare. Its not about justice, its about power. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

This entire pursuit is mostly a political tactic to harm Trump as a political factor.  Expect an attack on Desantos as well should he declare. Its not about justice, its about power. 

/thread.

I think we can stop here.

Mike could probably make a fortune just selling his user list to physiologists dealing in paranoid delusions.  

5 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Mike could probably make a fortune just selling his user list to physiologists dealing in paranoid delusions.  

I think you would have to first consent, but yeah. Someone could do their thesis on you.....you should volunteer  :P

13 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Thanks.  Wouldn't mind one of our bored centrist to take a stab at the question.   When does he get charged?

So, is this Fanone guy's 15 minutes of fame up yet?    Hoping so. . .

31 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Thanks.  Wouldn't mind one of our bored centrist to take a stab at the question.   When does he get charged?

No centrist has an idea on this question? 

Ok, not when...but how about do you think he will be charged?  Anyone?

17 minutes ago, Masshole said:

They have mugs that say "F Trump" and are showing them off on social media August 1st 2022.  

If you didn't think TDS is a thing.....lol.....think again.  

47 minutes ago, Masshole said:

That guy is a drama Queen. Fockin crybaby. 

18 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

They have mugs that say "F Trump" and are showing them off on social media August 1st 2022.  

If you didn't think TDS is a thing.....lol.....think again.  

But "Let's go Brandon" is over the top and has to stop.

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I know the difference. Evidence is what’s required to prove something. You want to skip over the evidence part and claim it doesn’t exist, when it clearly does. Unless you don’t know what evidence is. It’s one or the other 

So you're going to spout off about how I'm skipping over non-existent evidence,  when you're conveniently ignoring gigantic amounts of it? I'm sorry for your debilitating stupidity, it must be hard for you.

1 hour ago, Masshole said:

Oh, you mean he hates Republicans because they continue to back insurrectionists and treasonous behavior that directly led to his injuries? I wonder why he'd do that...

Jan. 6 rioter who carried gun to US Capitol and threatened Nancy Pelosi gets more than 7 years in prison

By Hannah Rabinowitz, CNN

Updated 5:09 PM ET, Mon August 1, 2022

This sketch shows Guy Reffitt in court on Monday.

This sketch shows Guy Reffitt in court on Monday.

(CNN)A federal judge on Monday sentenced Guy Reffitt, who brought a gun to the US Capitol during the January 6, 2021, riot and threatened House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, to more than seven years in prison, the longest insurrection-related sentence to date.

Reffitt, a recruiter for a right-wing militia known as the Three Percenters, was the first Capitol rioter to go to trial rather than take a plea agreement.
"Mr. Reffitt's reluctance to admit early that his behavior is illegal is concerning," District Judge Dabney Friedrich said before handing down the 87-month sentence. "And I want to be very clear ... under no legitimate definition of the term 'patriot' (does) Mr. Reffitt's behavior on and around January 6 fit the term. It is the antithesis of the word."

Friedrich added: "The officers at the Capitol are the patriots, as well as those who fought and even died to protect our democracy, our rule of law ... those in the mob are not. Not only are they not patriots, they're a direct threat to our democracy and will be punished as such."

Reffitt was convicted by a DC jury in March of five felonies, including transporting and carrying a firearm on Capitol grounds, interfering with Capitol Police and obstructing an official proceeding. He had driven to DC with several firearms, one of which he carried with him on the steps of the Capitol during the early hours of the riot.

"I just want to see Pelosi's head hit every f**king stair on the way out. ... And (Republican leader) Mitch McConnell too," Reffitt said, according to a video recording he made of himself on January 6.
The hefty sentence, paired with the fact that every January 6 defendant to face a jury has been convicted, could deter some of the hundreds of January 6 defendants awaiting trial to instead take plea deals offered by the Justice Department.

The 87-month sentence is two years longer than any other Capitol riot prison term handed down so far.
Reffitt was adamant in earlier hearings about being the first January 6 defendant to take his case to trial. But on Monday, in plea for leniency in advance of his sentencing, he said that he was a "f***ing idiot" who was parroting "founding fathers and stupid sh*t like that"

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

No centrist has an idea on this question? 

Ok, not when...but how about do you think he will be charged?  Anyone?

Should be charged and will be charged are worlds apart. He might not be charged because of the political fallout and high likelihood of violence by delusional domestic terrorists, otherwise known as Trump supporters. 

But that's not a good enough reason to not indict him. The next guy that wants to try to overthrow the Republic will have a much harder time doing it if his predecessor is locked up for it.

You should be in favor of him being charged so the many good people that have exculpatory evidence are allowed to testify in front of a jury, right?

4 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Should be charged and will be charged are worlds apart. He might not be charged because of the political fallout and high likelihood of violence by delusional domestic terrorists, otherwise known as Trump supporters. 

But that's not a good enough reason to not indict him. The next guy that wants to try to overthrow the Republic will have a much harder time doing it if his predecessor is locked up for it.

You should be in favor of him being charged so the many good people that have exculpatory evidence are allowed to testify in front of a jury, right?

Oh, so politics only plays a role in how the legal system proceeds when you claim it does. Got it. 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Fnord said:

So you're going to spout off about how I'm skipping over non-existent evidence,  when you're conveniently ignoring gigantic amounts of it? I'm sorry for your debilitating stupidity, it must be hard for you.

Eye witness accounts backed by affidavits given under the threat of perjury aren’t evidence now? You don’t know how it works, obviously.  

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Oh, so politics only plays a role in how the legal system proceeds when you claim it does. Got it. 

I'm not a Republican,  so I don't believe politics should factor into the legal system. If there's enough evidence,  which there is, they should be indicted regardless of party affiliation or political ramifications. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Eye witness accounts backed by affidavits given under the threat of perjury aren’t evidence now? You don’t know how it works, obviously.  

Eye witness accounts of what? You're especially incoherent today. Take your meds, then a nap, and get back to me when you can communicate a legitimate thought.

10 minutes ago, Fnord said:

:lol:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fnord said:

I'm not a Republican,  so I don't believe politics should factor into the legal system. If there's enough evidence,  which there is, they should be indicted regardless of party affiliation or political ramifications. 

Yeah, the prisons are teeming with the rioters from 2020. Also Hunter. 

2 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Eye witness accounts of what? You're especially incoherent today. Take your meds, then a nap, and get back to me when you can communicate a legitimate thought.

So the affidavits don’t exist? Are you going with that, or just sticking to the not widespread part of it? 

I imagine they're building a case largely for the purposes of dissuading him from running. On the other side of the aisle, the Republicans don't want him to announce until after midterms for fear of riling up the other side.

I think he was definitely reckless. And irresponsible. But the most damning thing that I think I've heard so far is when he told the secret service or parts police or whatever to get rid of the magnetometers because any weapons weren't going to be used against HIM! 

That's pretty crappy. Criminal? I don't know.

2 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

I imagine they're building a case largely for the purposes of dissuading him from running. On the other side of the aisle, the Republicans don't want him to announce until after midterms for fear of riling up the other side.

I think he was definitely reckless. And irresponsible. But the most damning thing that I think I've heard so far is when he told the secret service or parts police or whatever to get rid of the magnetometers because any weapons weren't going to be used against HIM! 

That's pretty crappy. Criminal? I don't know.

Who said he did that, for that reason? 

46 minutes ago, Fnord said:

So you're going to spout off

What's your definition of "spouting off"?