Cloaca du jour

Media Event!! Jan 6th Propaganda!! Tonight!! Official Thread!!

On 7/4/2022 at 8:54 AM, Masshole said:

Victor Davis Hanson today:

For 120 days in summer 2020, violent protesters destroyed some $2 billion in property and injured 1,500 police officers in riots that led to over 35 deaths.  

Because blue-state mayors and governors saw BLM and Antifa instigators as useful street soldiers, most of those arrested were never tried in court. Street thugs paid no price for declaring themselves de facto owners of downtown areas of Seattle, which police themselves conceded were no-go zones. Why did public officials in blue states ignore the violence? They were certain that it enjoyed majority support among their leftwing constituencies. 

Indeed, some leftist icons cheered on the violence. Well after the failed attempt to storm the White House grounds, in June 2020, the Democratic candidate for vice president Kamala Harris warned us that protestors were “not going to let up, and they should not.” What did Harris mean by “should not?”—when she knew numerous protests that summer had ended in terrible violence? Was she reckless in the manner Trump was said to be by encouraging a demonstration on January 6? 

The architect of the “1619 Project” Nikole Hannah-Jones assured the nation that vast destruction of (someone else’s property) was not a real crime. CNN’s Chris Cuomo gushed that violent demonstrations and riots were American traditions. Were these national voices urging calm during weeks of violent rioting and looting? 

There were no investigations, no congressional committees, and no voices of outrage from the left-wing establishment over months of such carnage. Indeed, much of the organization of the violent protests was facilitated by social media that was apparently unbothered that the medium under their stewardship was used to torch and loot. 

https://amgreatness.com/2022/07/03/who-are-the-real-insurrectionists-2/

Lefties and centrists don't care to acknowledge this then or now.   They just yell whataboutism and close their eyes.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So are they still trying to peddle their lie about Trump trying to grab the steering wheel even though it’s already been proven there is a partition separating the driver from the rest of the car? 

20 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

So are they still trying to peddle their lie about Trump trying to grab the steering wheel even though it’s already been proven there is a partition separating the driver from the rest of the car? 

Presumably they'll never mention this again and move on to fabricating other fake outrage stories. Or not. Who cares...

11 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Presumably they'll never mention this again and move on to fabricating other fake outrage stories. Or not. Who cares...

Haven’t heard anything more about it since they tried making that absurd claim. And the libs here ate it up. No proof or any use of logic but they 100% believed it. Now, there hasn’t been a peep about it. Guess all of them realized no one was believing that lie since it was so easy to disprove so they moved on to the next one like they’ve been doing 

38 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

He's back to grabbing puzzies.

13 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

He's back to grabbing puzzies.

And puzzies have grabbed Biden. 

Trump's popularity has only increased since Jan 6th.

Trump's popularity has only increased since the start of Kangaroo Court.  

:dunno:

16 hours ago, vomit said:

Is this supposed to be one of those “is the dress black or blue” things?  People on twitter are actually claiming that is evidence of Trump doing something?

44 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Is this supposed to be one of those “is the dress black or blue” things?  People on twitter are actually claiming that is evidence of Trump doing something?

Yeah they are saying you can see trump grab the wheel.  I couldn't see it at first, then someone made the video lighter and I could see a shadow lunge forward twice.  Who knows.

5 minutes ago, vomit said:

Yeah they are saying you can see trump grab the wheel.  I couldn't see it at first, then someone made the video lighter and I could see a shadow lunge forward twice.  Who knows.

I am positive that is a sailboat. What a sailboat is doing inside a mall, I'll never know. 

4 minutes ago, phillybear said:

I am positive that is a sailboat. What a sailboat is doing inside a mall, I'll never know. 

Did you watch with the audio on?  The sailboat says "vagina cheese", or maybe it says "ore Ida please", it wants french fries

I must be the only one here without X-Ray vision.

Just another day on the Dems Jan 6th Committee

Crazy stuff at the hearing tonight. Clownzo sat in the dining room watching, doing nothing as even aides and fellow Republicans screamed for him to do something. 

36 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Crazy stuff at the hearing tonight. Clownzo sat in the dining room watching, doing nothing as even aides and fellow Republicans screamed for him to do something. 

Who screamed ? 

It must really be miserable to be unable to admit to yourself that you backed the biggest loser in the decadent history of American politics. 

If you would still be willing to vote Donald Trump into any elected office, you are not worthy of calling yourself an American, let alone a Patriot.

You don't need to stop being a Republican,  or even stop hating Democrats. Just stop supporting the most virulent, divisive man to ever soil the Oval Office.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Anyone see this yet?  I found it pretty funny. 

Pure comedic gold. What a clown.

6 minutes ago, Fnord said:

It must really be miserable to be unable to admit to yourself that you backed the biggest loser in the decadent history of American politics. 

If you would still be willing to vote Donald Trump into any elected office, you are not worthy of calling yourself an American, let alone a Patriot.

You don't need to stop being a Republican,  or even stop hating Democrats. Just stop supporting the most virulent, divisive man to ever soil the Oval Office.

President Trump governed highly effectively, making things better for everyone, and broke the corporatist-globalist hold on the presidency and one of the two major political parties along the way. Everything had been humming along beautifully until COVID came through. Then, since he left office, the corporatist globalist puppets have come back in focked everything up they could possibly fock up.

It must really be miserable to be unable to admit to themselves that they backed the biggest loser in the decadent history of American politics. 

• Thanks 6
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Sounds like he was pretty calm since a few minutes prior he attempted to commandeer a vehicle and choked a SS agent. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

President Trump governed highly effectively, making things better for everyone, and broke the corporatist-globalist hold on the presidency and one of the two major political parties along the way. Everything had been humming along beautifully until COVID came through. Then, since he left office, the corporatist globalist puppets have come back in focked everything up they could possibly fock up.

It must really be miserable to be unable to admit to themselves that they backed the biggest loser in the decadent history of American politics. 

Sure. You can feel however you want about Trump's policies. I will grudgingly admit that he had some policy wins.

But then he attempted to maintain power by blatantly violating US Federal law. Then he egregiously violated his presidential vows by doing nothing for more than three hours while the US Capitol was attacked. By his own supporters. 

Can you appreciate the gravity of that?

A sitting President, the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces, DID NOTHING while the US CAPITOL was attacked.

There are no excuses. None of his supporters have any whataboutisms or defenses that can justify continued support of him. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Sounds like he was pretty calm since a few minutes prior he attempted to commandeer a vehicle and choked a SS agent. 

Yup. Just letting the seat of US government get ransacked by his own people. It does sound as if he enjoyed himself, though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fnord said:

Sure. You can feel however you want about Trump's policies. I will grudgingly admit that he had some policy wins.

But then he attempted to maintain power by blatantly violating US Federal law. Then he egregiously violated his presidential vows by doing nothing for more than three hours while the US Capitol was attacked. By his own supporters. 

A sitting President, the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces, DID NOTHING while the US CAPITOL was attacked.

There are no excuses. None of his supporters have any whataboutisms or defenses that can justify continued support of him. 

That and not having a problem with his own vice president getting killed. This is some pretty sick stuff. 

On 7/19/2022 at 12:48 PM, Voltaire said:

Just another day on the Dems Jan 6th Committee

I have to watch this movie again, the similarities are to great to ignore. 

5 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

That and not having a problem with his own vice president getting killed. This is some pretty sick stuff. 

Who was screaming at him? 

I read they keep saying a police officer was killed by the protestors. Why do they continue to lie about that? It’s real scummy. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I read they keep saying a police officer was killed by the protestors. Why do they continue to lie about that? It’s real scummy. 

If you say it more than 10 times its reality.  Dem's da rules!@#!

3 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Once Texas lost their court case, that should have been the end. President Trump shouldn't have asked Mike Pence to not sit those electors. Presumably there was some legal rationale for doing so but it didn't sit right with me, nor did it for Mike Pence. Had Vice President Pence made a different decision and pursued Trump's request, it would have triggered a Constitutional crisis, but Pence did the right thing. So no "blatant violation of US Federal Law" took place. 

As for the events of Jan 6th, that was little more than a protest that got out of control. This "attack on the capital" is no more than verbal hyperbole embraced by his political opponents to pretend it was more significant than any other protest. I mean yes, it was more than a regular protest, other protests never got into the building and interrupted Congress for a few hours. But the situation was resolved soon enough. 

Anyone have some thoughts on why a POTUS would ever see a mob attacking the US Capitol and DO NOTHING?

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

Once Texas lost their court case, that should have been the end. President Trump shouldn't have asked Mike Pence to not sit those electors. Presumably there was some legal rationale for doing so but it didn't sit right with me, nor did it for Mike Pence. Had Vice President Pence made a different decision and pursued Trump's request, it would have triggered a Constitutional crisis, but Pence did the right thing. So no "blatant violation of US Federal Law" took place. 

As for the events of Jan 6th, that was little more than a protest that got out of control. This "attack on the capital" is no more than verbal hyperbole embraced by his political opponents to pretend it was more significant than any other protest. I mean yes, it was more than a regular protest, other protests never got into the building and interrupted Congress for a few hours. But the situation was resolved soon enough. 

So, the defense of a sitting President's inaction in the face of a mob rioting and breaking into the Capitol and DOING NOTHING is "meh. No biggie."

Would you consider yourself someone that cares about the well being of the US, despite your status as an expat?

9 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Anyone have some thoughts on why a POTUS would ever see a mob attacking the US Capitol and DO NOTHING?

That’s bad. Maybe he saw the cops letting them in and thought it was ok? He should have had the national guard there regardless, even though it was mostly peaceful.  

1 minute ago, Fnord said:

I was online at the time though and can tell you my feelings, which may or may not overlap his. Two months earlier, I was pissed off about about the dubious circumstances under which the election results were being conducted / determined two months earlier. So I agreed with the protestors. I thought they had valid reason to be upset and when the building was overrun, rather than being upset, I was rather amused. My reaction is that it was far more humorous rather than serious. It wasn't an insurrection, it was angry people blowing off steam at the people who stole the election, even with all the priceless art there they didn't damage much of anything other than doors and windows. They registered their complaint and went home.

It wasn't treated like a protest though.  Looking back, it's not funny now seeing as how the protestors have been treated since and it's too bad they got into the building. But at the time, during the event, it was amusing and I was chucking.

My concern was six months earlier when BLM set fire to that church across from the White House. Further these last couple of months when homeland security has been allowing protestors harass SCOTUS justices at home and at restaurants. In fairness to them, they were on the ball when that one potential assassin did show up.

The bad guys riot and protest all the time an nothing happens to them because the Democrats, media and big Tech are on their side. But when the opposition protests a stolen election, oh no, they can't do that! Only in that one instance it a big deal. The double standards are enormous.

29 minutes ago, Fnord said:

So, the defense of a sitting President's inaction in the face of a mob rioting and breaking into the Capitol and DOING NOTHING is "meh. No biggie."

Would you consider yourself someone that cares about the well being of the US, despite your status as an expat?

I gave a write up of my thoughts at that time and we have a long thread at that time.

Your "Meh, no biggie." is being generous to me. As it was going on, I was actually amused and in good spirits. Deep down I knew they were going overboard, and they shouldn't be doing it, I didn't much care as I was caught up in the moment and found humor in it. I knew it would be resolved soon enough and it was.

The people who participated are all being punished harshly and It's all being blown up by the bad guys for their own end.

5 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I gave a write up of my thoughts at that time and we have a long thread at that time.

Your "Meh, no biggie." is being generous to me. As it was going on, I was actually amused and in good spirits. Deep down I knew they were going overboard, and they shouldn't be doing it, I didn't much care as I was caught up in the moment and found humor in it. I knew it would be resolved soon enough and it was.

So you more or less condoned it then.

Guess that answers my question about your feelings on the well being of the US. Appreciate the honesty.

32 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That’s bad. Maybe he saw the cops letting them in and thought it was ok? He should have had the national guard there regardless, even though it was mostly peaceful.  

Remove ideology and political alignment and spin. Just think about a sitting President watching the Capitol breached by a rioting mob. And not responding to it. At all.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Remove ideology and political alignment and spin. Just think about a sitting President watching the Capitol breached by a rioting mob. And not responding to it. At all.

I’m a bigger believer in prevention. Counting on people to respond in the heat of the moment doesn't work out many times. He should have had a strong national guard presence . It was well known a large crowd was going to be there. Battles are won or lost before they are fought - Sun Tzu

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fnord said:

So you more or less condoned it then.

Guess that answers my question about your feelings on the well being of the US. Appreciate the honesty.

Thanks, I tried to be honest with you.

A big reason that I have a soft spot for the protestors is because I agree with them completely.  Further, had my ass been in the US at the time there's a good chance that I might have been at that protest and who knows... I wouldn't have broken in. But if the doors were open, my dumb ass might have thought walking into the building and continuing to protest inside might have been a fun thing to do. I sure thought that sitting behind my computer.

So I know what many of them were thinking and it was not an insurrection.  Ican't speak for the QAnon crowd, for me it was a Fock You at Congress and the dubious election. 

But I thought when the courts decided against Al Gore in Florida, that was the right and classy thing for him to do was step aside. I say that as a Gore voter who was upset at how that election was resolved as well. That was the precedent and Trump should have followed it and didn't. Fortunately Pence did. You have no grounds to trigger a Constitutional crisis when the courts decide against you. You have to respect the process.

But yeah, the election was very dubiously conducted and Trump supporters had every right to be pissed.