Sign in to follow this  
TBayXXXVII

I need to get out of an Engagement Party...

Just tell her you have a prior engagement.  :dunno: 

6 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Enagement party? So tacky. Fock that. Tell her friends are important too. Would she rather be with a guy with none, like MDC? Ask her what she would think of you when you met and you said you didn’t have any friends  you like to spend time with. She would have thought you were a loser/ weirdo. Well, keeping friends means you have to  hang out with them sometimes. She said “we have to go to this party”. No honey, you have to go.  

A version of this is the best.  Since he's apparently whipped, he'll need to come at it as a vulnerability.  Couch it as a once in a few years thing that he needs to do to maintain the friendship.  when she scoffs and says it sounds like such a  chore, say it's no different than supporting your friend by going to a funeral for a loved one or something.

And for the love of God if she says something like, "well if that's what you want to do" say, "it is," and don't fall for that guilt trip/reverse psychology BS.

5 hours ago, nobody said:

That'll go well for the dude in debt.  I never knew so many people just defaulted to lying.

Public service announcement: Start your relationship by telling the truth and maintain it throughout.  You guys seem to fall into this trap of lying to keep a girl happy.  But telling the truth is the ultimate get out of jail free card.  And here's the best part.  If you just tell the truth about what you like and don't like, she'll be the one lying to you saying she's cool with what you want.  You'll be shocked.

I guess the real problem here is TBay appears to be whipped.  

Yup.

I was serious about breaking up too.  If she treats you like this, it's time to move on.  Relationships are supposed to be equal partnerships but she clearly has the upper hand here.  You mentioned you need to stay because you're poor and she's rich.  If that true then there are better ways to improve your financial standing other than being a subservient tool.  Have some dignity man, stand up for yourself.

6 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Not so oddly enough, you live misery 365 days a year, as do all of those around you. 

I find it hilarious when you go around calling out maturity and terrible posters.  You have no self awareness.   

I was going to post something about this last week.   As you call out maturity and crappy posting....then a few post downs start yelling "MAGAtard" randomly.   

You have much MUCH more in common with posters who you think suck, than you realize.  One in the same.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Also gf body builder?  Yikes.  Is her d bigger than yours?

He apparently doesn't even have one

Who is more likely to give you a blow job and some anal at the end of the night, your girlfriend or your poker buddies, who, as good as poker with the boys can be would all skip it for some nasty with a fit chick?  If her, go with her.  If them, well that's not my thing, but O.K.  If neither, play poker.

47 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Who is more likely to give you a blow job and some anal at the end of the night, your girlfriend or your poker buddies, who, as good as poker with the boys can be would all skip it for some nasty with a fit chick?  If her, go with her.  If them, well that's not my thing, but O.K.  If neither, play poker.

Good point.

49 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Given the body builder knowledge, I think it's more likely that TBay is giving a blow job and getting some anal from her.

12 hours ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Am I not understanding this?

You had plans for months. Go hang out with your friends. She's being completely selfish to expect you to abandon your plans for hers. 

There are functions she has to go to, it's in her contracts.  Certain events I need to go to.  We've been together for 7 years and things sort of like this have popped up before, so this isn't new.  This isn't something that I'm required to go to, but like I said above, once in while I've had to cancel plans in the past.  To be fair, she's had to as well for me.  It's pretty give and take.  But, the engagement party aspect is new.  I didn't expect to get the reaction I got because it doesn't sound like something I would have to go to.  What's more weird is that when I asked who it was for, I got a look that I'm being a jerk.

5 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Given the body builder knowledge, I think it's more likely that TBay is giving a blow job and getting some anal from her.

You seem like you are very intimidated by some women.  Makes sense. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

She is contracted to go to an engagement party as a body builder?

Idiot. Why don’t you read for once instead of getting ready to throw one of your unfunny quips? 

• Like 1

Seven years and not hitched!  

I foresee a long ride there and back while she explores the noncommittal.  Driving to and from an engagement party the subject of engagement is going to come up.

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Idiot. Why don’t you read for once instead of getting ready to throw one of your unfunny quips? 

LOL, I stopped taking his posts seriously when he said I should break up with a girl because she wants me to go with her to an engagement party.  

Just now, Engorgeous George said:

Seven years and not hitched!  

I foresee a long ride there and back while she explores the noncommittal.  Driving to and from an engagement party the subject of engagement is going to come up.

Already has.  I'm waiting on her.  She's retiring from competitions and now that her contracts are up and her events are done at the calendar year, I'm expecting some time next year.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

LOL, I stopped taking his posts seriously when he said I should break up with a girl because she wants me to go with her to an engagement party.  

I said you should break up with her because she clearly doesn't care about your feelings.  You had a friend weekend planned for a long time, and you get immediately dismissed because she has something else come up that you need to go to.  Not even a debate, she gives you a look, saying that you can't go.  Maybe you enjoy being in a relationship where she holds all the power and treats you like sh1t, or you just need the money.  Either way, I would think that you would want to be treated better.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I said you should break up with her because she clearly doesn't care about your feelings.  You had a friend weekend planned for a long time, and you get immediately dismissed because she has something else come up that you need to go to.  Not even a debate, she gives you a look, saying that you can't go.  Maybe you enjoy being in a relationship where she holds all the power and treats you like sh1t, or you just need the money.  Either way, I would think that you would want to be treated better.

The look implies I'm missing something obvious, so either she told me and I forgot and made my plans afterwards... which has happened, or it's my family member and again, completely forgot.

The money part, while true, was a joke.  She knew everything before we started dating.  As I said above, we've both cancelled plans for each other in the past, the weird thing about this one, is that it's a random engagement party.  There have been engagement parties in the past that she's gone too and never even told me about because she figured I wouldn't want to go because I didn't know the people.

1 hour ago, Engorgeous George said:

Don't put the pūssy on a pedestal.

• Like 1

She's your sugar mommy - strike 1

She could probably choke you out - strike 2

She really wants you to go to this for some reason - Have fun at the engagement party

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The look implies I'm missing something obvious, so either she told me and I forgot and made my plans afterwards... which has happened, or it's my family member and again, completely forgot.

The money part, while true, was a joke.  She knew everything before we started dating.  As I said above, we've both cancelled plans for each other in the past, the weird thing about this one, is that it's a random engagement party.  There have been engagement parties in the past that she's gone too and never even told me about because she figured I wouldn't want to go because I didn't know the people.

It would be helpful then if you had all the information.  I don't even understand this whole thing about she gave you a look.  How about get the details you apparently don't have?

1 minute ago, nobody said:

It would be helpful then if you had all the information.  I don't even understand this whole thing about she gave you a look thing.  How about get the details ls you apparently don't have?

These things have come up before, this is nothing new.  I've said this above.  There are events I just have to go to with her, because of what she does for a living.  The reason for "the look", my assumption is, that it's because it's one of those things where "I should know that these things happen, so why am I asking".

I do plan on finding out.  I just haven't seen her since Friday and only found out Saturday.  She come back tomorrow.

40 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

He went with his only option most likely. 

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I said you should break up with her because she clearly doesn't care about your feelings.  

:cry:  My feelings!

Solid advise, thanks for pooping in.  :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, nobody said:

Don't put the pūssy on a pedestal.

But doing so provides so many good angles of attack.  Of course this all depends partially on the relative heights of the parties involved.  In my case I have generally been a foot taller than the females with whom I have been involved.

If it was a wedding of someone important to her, then yeah, that's a dilemma.  An engagement party?  What guy goes to those?  The only reason I went to my own was because it was 2500 miles away, in my hometown, with my family and friends, and my wife said NFW was she doing that without me.  

Also if this is somewhat tied to her bodybuilding commitments, who cares, she is retiring in a few months.  Does it impact her financially if you aren't there for arm candy?  Sounds like this is something she kinda has to go to but doesn't want to, so she wants you there for company and to share her misery.  That is, as gutter says, she's being selfish.

I would give her one last chance to explain why she feels you should miss an important event planned for months for this thing, and if she gives you the "look," take nobody's advice and tell her fine, you are going to your poker event, have a nice engagement party.  When she says "the fock you are" you respond "until you can discuss this with me I'm not going."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

These things have come up before, this is nothing new.  I've said this above.  There are events I just have to go to with her, because of what she does for a living.  The reason for "the look", my assumption is, that it's because it's one of those things where "I should know that these things happen, so why am I asking".

I do plan on finding out.  I just haven't seen her since Friday and only found out Saturday.  She come back tomorrow.

HT scoffed at the idea that this engagement party was a work related function.  Is it possibly a work related function for her?

47 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

If it was a wedding of someone important to her, then yeah, that's a dilemma.  An engagement party?  What guy goes to those?  The only reason I went to my own was because it was 2500 miles away, in my hometown, with my family and friends, and my wife said NFW was she doing that without me.  

Also if this is somewhat tied to her bodybuilding commitments, who cares, she is retiring in a few months.  Does it impact her financially if you aren't there for arm candy?  Sounds like this is something she kinda has to go to but doesn't want to, so she wants you there for company and to share her misery.  That is, as gutter says, she's being selfish.

I would give her one last chance to explain why she feels you should miss an important event planned for months for this thing, and if she gives you the "look," take nobody's advice and tell her fine, you are going to your poker event, have a nice engagement party.  When she says "the fock you are" you respond "until you can discuss this with me I'm not going."

I don't know if I've ever seen communication this bad.  If my girlfriend gave me a look and I didn't know what the fūck it meant, I would say, "I have no idea what that look is supposed to mean.  You need to explain it to me."

I'd expect this behavior out of some our centrists, but TBay doesn't strike me as a centrist.

15 hours ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Am I not understanding this?

You had plans for months. Go hang out with your friends. She's being completely selfish to expect you to abandon your plans for hers. 

Yeah. All you have to do is reverse the situation in your head. What if she had told you months ago that she had plans for November 5th and you pulled the exact same s***? You'd be getting a hell of a lot more than "the look."

No b******* man. That's just rude. And insensitive. And horribly disrespectful.

And sets a horrible precedent by the way.

And who the f*** has an engagement party anyway? Guarantee these are the same people that are going to have like 10 different kinds of parties before the wedding. The stock the bar party, a linen party, etc...

I hate that. Youre lucky if I show up at the f****** wedding. Don't ask me to go to half a dozen other f****** parties while you're at it.

And while we're talking about parties? Maybe you could throw a gender reveal party for your Bruce Jenner girlfriend.

Let me know how it turns out.

1 hour ago, nobody said:

HT scoffed at the idea that this engagement party was a work related function.  Is it possibly a work related function for her?

Definitely possible.  Even most likely because no one I know is getting married anytime soon.  I know all of her family and closest friends, and none of them are getting married any time soon.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

Definitely possible.  Even most likely because no one I know is getting married anytime soon.  I know all of her family and closest friends, and none of them are getting married any time soon.

Question: if the bride took a job elsewhere, would your girlfriend still be invited? 

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Already has.  I'm waiting on her.  She's retiring from competitions and now that her contracts are up and her events are done at the calendar year, I'm expecting some time next year.

Important question. Are you going to wait to get married until after the reassignment surgery? I mean, it could have a real impact on your honeymoon.

5 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Yeah. All you have to do is reverse the situation in your head. What if she had told you months ago that she had plans for November 5th and you pulled the exact same s***? You'd be getting a hell of a lot more than "the look."

No b******* man. That's just rude. And insensitive. And horribly disrespectful.

And sets a horrible precedent by the way.

And who the f*** has an engagement party anyway? Guarantee these are the same people that are going to have like 10 different kinds of parties before the wedding. The stock the bar party, a linen party, etc...

I hate that. Youre lucky if I show up at the f****** wedding. Don't ask me to go to half a dozen other f****** parties while you're at it.

And while we're talking about parties? Maybe you could throw a gender reveal party for your Bruce Jenner girlfriend.

Let me know how it turns out.

:lol:

Just now, wiffleball said:

Important question. Are you going to wait to get married until after the reassignment surgery? I mean, it could have a real impact on your honeymoon.

Yes, that's the plan.  :cheers:  That's why the engagement will happen some time next year, my guess is that the wedding will be after she's all healed up.

• Haha 1

So, I texted her on my lunch hour about who the engagement party was for and why is it a must that I go.  I got this:

Her: Ummm.... about that.  I, uh, really really really f'd (she spelled it out... website censored it), up on that.  Don't be mad, but you do have to go.  We have to talk about it when I get home tomorrow.

Me:  WTF????

No response yet.  :dunno:

6 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

So, I texted her on my lunch hour about who the engagement party was for and why is it a must that I go.  I got this:

Her: Ummm.... about that.  I, uh, really really really f'd (she spelled it out... website censored it), up on that.  Don't be mad, but you do have to go.  We have to talk about it when I get home tomorrow.

Me:  WTF????

No response yet.  :dunno:

This is a surprise engagement party for you.  Sorry to ruin it for you.

Just now, Gladiators said:

This is a surprise engagement party for you.  Sorry to ruin it for you.

LOL, that's funny.  I think I'd know if we got engaged.