Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

Joe Rogan ***The Thread***

Art Bell vacated the field in 2008 because he was getting stalked at his home and people were giving him death threats.  Rogan filled the gap in 2009.  If Art was still around, there were be no Rogan show because Art was way better.

Just now, JustinCharge said:

Art Bell vacated the field in 2008 because he was getting stalked at his home and people were giving him death threats.  Rogan filled the gap in 2009.  If Art was still around, there were be no Rogan show because Art was way better.

Ill concede to you as I am not in the know.  Is art old?

8 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Rogan has never tried to compete with anyone so none of this is relevant.  Using your logic there shouldn't be any other podcasters other than Joe Rogan since he dominates the field.  You're not making much sense.

8 minutes ago, Strike said:

Rogan has never tried to compete with anyone so none of this is relevant.  Using your logic there shouldn't be any other podcasters other than Joe Rogan since he dominates the field.  You're not making much sense.

Its extremely relevant as Art Bell. Rogan, Sean David Morton and George Noory all heavily interlap in subject matter.

15 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Ill concede to you as I am not in the know.  Is art old?

He died in 2018.

Travis Walton, Bob Lazar, Michio Kaku, Graham Hancock all were regular guests on Art Bell in the mid 1990s. We're talking 25-30 years ago.  But Art would be critical of them and call them out if they said dubious stuff.

15 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Its extremely relevant as Art Bell. Rogan, Sean David Morton and George Noory all heavily interlap in subject matter.

No.  Rogan covers everything.  Now you want to compare Rogan to George Noory?  ROFLMAO. 

13 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

He died in 2018.

So you think he would have held onto the incoming boom of young audience over a 40 year old who acted immature?    

Without knowing the guy I will jump to the conclusion that talk radio/pods changed a ton at the time he got out.  And he would not have been able to sustain an audience.   

Again that just a ignorant assumption.  

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

Travis Walton, Bob Lazar, Michio Kaku, Graham Hancock all were regular guests on Art Bell in the mid 1990s. We're talking 25-30 years ago.  But Art would be critical of them and call them out if they said dubious stuff.

Aside from those, Art had plenty of crackpots on the show.  The guy who thinks there is a face on Mars, the Mel's Hole guy, the "general" who talks about his private telekinesis projects, the lady who constantly reported on Morgellon's Disease and how vaccines cause it, the "Star Children", etc etc

5 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

rogan is in a niche where there arent any good interviewers.  so i see him as a fad and pretty soon someone else will come along and actually ask tough questions in the same space and thus create a vastly more compelling show and rogan will drop off the map.

Out of all of your takes so far, this one might be the worst. He's not your cup of tea. Fine.  But he is massively successful in the podcast world for a reason. 

9 hours ago, Reality said:

Going to see Theo next month.

One of my favorites. I hope the show you see is a new Netflix special. No spoilers but let me know if new material not heard before  

12 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Before Art Bell, there was Alan Christian who had a similar type of show from 1974 to 1990.  He did things like slept in a haunted house and broadcast live, or rowed a boat into the Bermuda Triangle. 

https://www.baltimoresun.com/obituaries/bs-md-ob-alan-christian-20211014-a5b4axph3zbaxg4czlyrfpfzua-story.html

How old are you?

Whether some guy 30 years ago might have been 'better' has no bearing on what is happening today.  It is a nonsensical discussion.  Rogan let's people express ideas that are not always allowed by leftist controlled sources.   He probably was influenced by the likes of Art Bell.  The reason for Art Bell's popularity still exists today and is the reason for the popularity and existence of Rogan.  We need more people like Rogan who are not afraid to put ideas out there that might not be all that popular with the establishment.  

16 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

if the field sucks, they can for sure.

15 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

i already explained why he could have a big audience and be mediocre.  its because there is a lack of talent in the field right now.  but its undeniable that he lacks talent.  he puts whackjobs on his show and gives them the floor and doesnt challenge them.  you cant just ignore that.  its been a while since there has been a true talent in the field, so i can imagine people might love him but they've never heard a true talented host.  if all you've known is bologna, you dont know how good steak is.

i mean right now the field is Joe Rogan and George Noory.  Rogan looks like a god in that matchup.

I'm a musician of sorts and tend towards more technically-complex music; when I was a teen in the 80s I liked prog rock from the 70s and took many opportunities to disparage the music of my time.  One time a good friend of mine, not a musician, finally said to me "ya know, just because something isn't complex doesn't mean it's not entertaining and good."  And that stuck with me to this day.

Your assertion that Rogan has no talent, and that none exists in the field, is just dumb.  There are orders of magnitude more people doing it than the handful that did it 20 years ago, and they are all vying for that sweet nine-figure Rogan deal, yet Rogan remains at the top.  

There is more to interviewing than asking tough questions.  Any journalism student can do that.  The trick is to get people to open up, and to do so in a way that makes them comfortable, and to do so in a way that doesn't make the MSM borg revolt (e.g., Rogan has had vax opponents on which almost turned the borg against him back in the day).  People have to WANT to go on the show, and people have to WANT to listen to the show.  Rogan is the best.  Scoreboard.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

I'm a musician of sorts and tend towards more technically-complex music; when I was a teen in the 80s I liked prog rock from the 70s and took many opportunities to disparage the music of my time.  One time a good friend of mine, not a musician, finally said to me "ya know, just because something isn't complex doesn't mean it's not entertaining and good."  And that stuck with me to this day.

Your assertion that Rogan has no talent, and that none exists in the field, is just dumb.  There are orders of magnitude more people doing it than the handful that did it 20 years ago, and they are all vying for that sweet nine-figure Rogan deal, yet Rogan remains at the top.  

There is more to interviewing than asking tough questions.  Any journalism student can do that.  The trick is to get people to open up, and to do so in a way that makes them comfortable, and to do so in a way that doesn't make the MSM borg revolt (e.g., Rogan has had vax opponents on which almost turned the borg against him back in the day).  People have to WANT to go on the show, and people have to WANT to listen to the show.  Rogan is the best.  Scoreboard.

Yeah it’s hard to diss Rogan for his actual shows.  People criticizing him for having vax opponents on are stupid, and I think he has even fact-checked some of them.  I wasn’t a fan of his “ivermectin worked great for me” claim when he had Covid but I won’t comment further because people will yell at me for trying to turn this into a Covid thread.

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Yeah it’s hard to diss Rogan for his actual shows.  People criticizing him for having vax opponents on are stupid, and I think he has even fact-checked some of them.  I wasn’t a fan of his “ivermectin worked great for me” claim when he had Covid but I won’t comment further because people will yell at me for trying to turn this into a Covid thread.

Joe shills all sorts of junk supplements.

On 12/27/2022 at 9:02 AM, Reality said:

Going to see Theo next month.

Friday night in Indy, great show. A lot of young folks in the audience and the place was packed. He leans conservative, so, good to see.

On 12/28/2022 at 5:30 AM, jerryskids said:

"scoreboard" is the worst argument possible.  you are saying ignore any analysis and just look at who won.  someone could hogtie the starting lineup of the 85 bears in the locker room and force the bears to play backups in the super bowl.  and if the patriots win, youd say "scoreboard".  it is the argument of the uneducated.

the truth is you CAN have eras where is a lack of greatness.  thats just common damn sense.  joe rogans genre of talk radio is there now.

28 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

"scoreboard" is the worst argument possible.  you are saying ignore any analysis and just look at who won.  someone could hogtie the starting lineup of the 85 bears in the locker room and force the bears to play backups in the super bowl.  and if the patriots win, youd say "scoreboard".  it is the argument of the uneducated.

the truth is you CAN have eras where is a lack of greatness.  thats just common damn sense.  joe rogans genre of talk radio is there now.

I have no idea why you bumped this, but since you did, your analogy is stupid.  It presumes a single event (Bears/Pats SB).  Rogan's "win" is the culmination of a lifetime of work and smaller wins which built on each other and led to him to the pinnacle of podcasting success.

You are basically me in my college example waxing poetic about the prog rock of a decade ago.

Now Rogan is taking grief because he said Jewish people like money. He done did it now. 

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Now Rogan is taking grief because he said Jewish people like money. He done did it now. 

They do don't they??? Doesn't everyone?