Hawkeye21

BLM co-founder's cousin dead after being detained by police.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Tim didn't shed a tear for Doug Zerby or Kelly Thomas, two ACTUAL excessive force deaths that happened in his back yard.  I wonder why........

Well one reason might be that I’ve never heard of either one. 

36 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

This post pretty much sums up your lack of knowledge in all your posts on the subject.  Whether someone is a danger to the public has nothing to do with whether a taser is used.  A taser is a less than lethal use of force tool to gain compliance for a lawful arrest.  There could be no one within 1000 miles of an arrest and a taser is absolutely an acceptable tool to be used to gain compliance.  

That’s not what the LAPD says on the subject. There are very specific rules regarding the use of tasers.

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

Well one reason might be that I’ve never heard of either one. 

Which is sad in it's own right.  You might want to look them up.  It's not like they were obscure cases, especially in So. Cal.  But they were white so why would you care?

7 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

That’s not what the LAPD says on the subject. There are very specific rules regarding the use of tasers.

Since you didn’t provide what they said, I’ll assume you’re full of sh!t.  And I never said there were no rules.  What I said was factual.  

13 minutes ago, Strike said:

Which is sad in its own right.  You might want to look them up.  It's not like they were obscure cases, especially in So. Cal.  But they were white so why would you care?

The reason that blacks being mistreated by police gets so much more attention is because of the terrible history and institutionalized racism which continues even today. I know you know this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The reason that blacks being mistreated by police gets so much more attention is because of the terrible history and institutionalized racism which continues even today. I know you know this. 

Blah Blah Blah.  These cases got plenty of attention.  Just not on the "unbiased media sources" you choose to form your life views from.  It's pathetic and sad how ignorant you are.  And your constant calling of others bigots and racists is getting tiring.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Since you didn’t provide what they said, I’ll assume you’re full of sh!t.  And I never said there were no rules.  What I said was factual.  

It may have been factual but it wasn’t a good rebuttal to what I wrote earlier. What I wrote is: 

1. We do not know if it was appropriate to use a taser in THIS SITUATION. It may have been. It may not have been. Your statement was a general one. 

2. We do not know, even if it was appropriate, whether tasers were used excessively. 

Despite what some people may think of me, I’m not one who generally distrusts the police. I’m waiting to hear what the LAPD says about this. If they conclude that the force used was justified I will very likely accept their word on it. Others may not. But I don’t have extreme views and I try to give the police the benefit of the doubt in spite of the history. So let’s see what they conclude. 

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

Blah Blah Blah.  These cases got plenty of attention.  Just not on the "unbiased media sources" you choose to form your life views from.  It's pathetic and sad how ignorant you are.  And your constant calling of others bigots and racists is getting tiring.

By unbiased media sources I assume you mean the mainstream media. And yes that is the source of my information. I’m very comfortable with that fact. 
I haven’t called anyone a racist in this thread. I said that institutionalized racism exists in the police forces of this country, and the LAPD has a long history of it. I don’t regard this as a controversial assertion. 

Despite what some people may think of me, I’m not one who generally distrusts the police. I’m waiting to hear what the LAPD says about this. If they conclude that the force used was justified I will very likely accept their word on it. Others may not. But I don’t have extreme views and I try to give the police the benefit of the doubt in spite of the history. So let’s see what they conclude. 

Oh bullsh*t.   Look what you just wrote up above:

The reason that blacks being mistreated by police gets so much more attention is because of the terrible history and institutionalized racism which continues even today

But Noooooo, you don't distrust the police.  You just think they continue to employ institutionalize racism.  Those two statements directly contradict each other.  I've read your posts about cops for probably 10 years.  I have yet to see you give the benefit of the doubt to the cops even ONCE. 

By unbiased media sources I assume you mean the mainstream media. And yes that is the source of my information. I’m very comfortable with that fact. 
I haven’t called anyone a racist in this thread. I said that institutionalized racism exists in the police forces of this country, and the LAPD has a long history of it. I don’t regard this as a controversial assertion. 

And yet you haven't even bothered to google either of the cases I mentioned because you just don't care if they're white.  Your white guilt and virtue signaling are disgusting traits.  I get it buddy. 

Just now, Strike said:

Oh bullsh*t.   Look what you just wrote up above:

But Noooooo, you don't distrust the police.  You just think they continue to employ institutionalize racism.  Those two statements directly contradict each other.  I've read your posts about cops for probably 10 years.  I have yet to see you give the benefit of the doubt to the cops even ONCE. 

Then you haven’t read me very carefully. And no the statements aren’t contradictory because when I use the term “institutionalized” that implies that it is ingrained and not deliberate. 

1 minute ago, Strike said:

And yet you haven't even bothered to google either of the cases I mentioned because you just don't care if they're white.  Your white guilt and virtue signaling are disgusting traits.  I get it buddy. 

I’ll get around to it. Watching football right now. 

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

By the way I love your use of the phrase “virtue signaling”, which you seem to regard as some sort of slur. I’m PROUD to be a virtue signaler! It means that I offer my opinion about what is good behavior and what is bad. Hopefully I can continue to do so. 

41 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

There are very specific laws against committing crimes and then resisting arrest. You liberals never like to focus on what the sources are of all these problems.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

It may have been factual but it wasn’t a good rebuttal to what I wrote earlier. What I wrote is: 

1. We do not know if it was appropriate to use a taser in THIS SITUATION. It may have been. It may not have been. Your statement was a general one. 

2. We do not know, even if it was appropriate, whether tasers were used excessively. 

You incorrectly inferred that the taser use could be inappropriate based on threat level to the public.  I corrected you. Excellent rebuttal.

We didn't see video footage of the taser coming out and being used. It seemed to me the situation was close to finally being under control when the video footage ends, but I can't say more to it.

6 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

I don’t think that’s as much of an issue as, once they decided to tase him, how many times they chose to do it. Also, despite the fact that he wasn’t cooperating (at least, he was arguing with them and refusing to lie down) it’s not clear that he was any threat at that point to the public, which calls into question whether or not he needed to be tased at all. 

There isn’t an endless supply of cops. They don’t have all day to Fock around with someone who isn’t cooperating. They gave plenty of time and provided a lot of leeway and concern. At some point you have to do something.  I know you live in never never land, but they don’t. 

Bad luck for the cops. 

But let the leftists continue to hate them, let those cops continue to leave liberal metro areas…see who it ends up hurting…

On 1/14/2023 at 1:57 PM, The Real timschochet said:

The vast majority of blacks in this country, per polling,  want a police reform act and a new voting rights act. They want more money spent on education in black areas and economic aid to the inner cities. Conservatives oppose all of these ideas and liberal politicians pay lip service but don’t push hard enough for them. 

You are so indoctrinated, it's absurdly funny.  I literally laugh at YOU for every post you make.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

You are so indoctrinated, it's absurdly funny.  I literally laugh at YOU for every post you make.

He's got all the generic liberal talking points down pat. He's a good little patsy for that party.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I think you would be perfect for MSNBC and CNN.

Or a protest at the deans house. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Or a protest at the deans house. 

He's off the deep end.  It's amazing how clueless he is.  He's worse than Rusty and I didn't think that was even possible.

And just like that, Timschochet has the most posts in the past week. He didn’t even ease in, just picked up where he left off after he killed the other board. Enjoy fellas. This is the new Geek Club. 

6 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

And just like that, Timschochet has the most posts in the past week. He didn’t even ease in, just picked up where he left off after he killed the other board. Enjoy fellas. This is the new Geek Club. 

I’ve stopped quoting him.  He constantly calls people racist and believes racism is to blame for EVERYTHING.  To hell with accountability.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

Point taken. Will adjust. 

On 1/14/2023 at 1:57 PM, The Real timschochet said:

The vast majority of blacks in this country, per polling,  want a police reform act and a new voting rights act. They want more money spent on education in black areas and economic aid to the inner cities. Conservatives oppose all of these ideas and liberal politicians pay lip service but don’t push hard enough for them. 

Per polling, at the zenith of cop hatred in 2020, 81% of blacks wanted the same or more police presence in their neighborhood.  The cops are definitely the problem.

37 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

I’ve stopped quoting him.  He constantly calls people racist and believes racism is to blame for EVERYTHING.  To hell with accountability.

Not people. You. 

On 1/15/2023 at 4:48 PM, The Real timschochet said:

If anything they are treated better..cops afraid to get fired because they didnt warn them enough.  More liberal spew 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

So true. That dude is whack. A hate pusher.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1