Baker Boy

Black History Month

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I remember a few years ago when the movie Red Tails came out, about the Tuskegee airmen. I was talking to a friend of a friend and said that I was going to go see it. He started saying that it was inaccurate blah blah. I said so what? You think every ww2 movie you watched wasn’t embellished? I said at least Young black kids might watch this and see some heroes fighting and dying for their country instead of some more left wing garbage that makes them hate their country. Good movie. 

Haven't seen it.  Did see Hidden Figures and enjoyed it.  :thumbsup:

On 2/2/2023 at 9:13 AM, peenie said:

You are ignorant and ignorant about the facts in this case and completely ignorant about our legal system. He was accused of buying food with a counterfeit $20 bill. He was clearly a moron and a repeat criminal and no, I don’t feel sorry for his ass, but that wasn’t proper police procedure. Period. The police are not here to dole out justice. That is why we have the courts.

Here's your black history month lesson. Why aren't they teaching kids about these blacks in schools?

https://nypost.com/2023/02/02/florida-girl-9-beaten-by-two-boys-in-school-bus-attack/

Booker T Washington (one of my favorites)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Booker_T._Washington
Booker Taliaferro Washington (April 5, 1856 – November 14, 1915)[1] was an American educator, author, orator, and adviser to several presidents of the United States. Between 1890 and 1915, Washington was the dominant leader in the African-American community and of the contemporary black elite.[2] Washington was from the last generation of black American leaders born into slavery and became the leading voice of the former slaves and their descendants. They were newly oppressed in the South by disenfranchisement and the Jim Crow discriminatory laws enacted in the post-Reconstruction Southern states in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

Of all forms of slavery there is none that is so harmful and degrading as that form of slavery which tempts one human being to hate another by reason of his race or color.  - Booker T. Washington

I am afraid that there is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don't want the patient to get well, because as long as the disease holds out they have not only an easy means of making a living, but also an easy medium through which to make themselves prominent before the public. - Booker T. Washington 1911

6 hours ago, craftsman said:

Here's your black history month lesson. Why aren't they teaching kids about these blacks in schools?

https://nypost.com/2023/02/02/florida-girl-9-beaten-by-two-boys-in-school-bus-attack/

The same reason they don't teach whites about this in school.

Fast Facts

• Alex Murdaugh was indicted on murder charges for the shooting deaths of his wife, Maggie Murdaugh, and youngest son, Paul Murdaugh

• Paul Murdaugh, 22, and Maggie Murdaugh, 52, were gunned down on June 7, 2021, at the family's Lowcountry, SC hunting estate

• Will Loving testified Wednesday that his friend, Paul Murdaugh, sent him a Snapchat video at 7:56 p.m. about an hour before he was killed.

• Prosecutors say Murdaugh used a shotgun to blow off his son's head, Maggie was shot with a semiautomatic rifle at least four times

He stole stole nearly $7 million from his law firm.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, craftsman said:

Yep. No schools should be teaching kids about races. 

Makes it somewhat difficult to discuss slavery or The Civil War if race can't be discussed. 

1 hour ago, squistion said:

Makes it somewhat difficult to discuss slavery or The Civil War if race can't be discussed. 

Kids need to be armed with current day information to be able to survive and make it to adulthood. 

4 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Kids need to be armed with current day information to be able to survive and make it to adulthood. 

They can be...but somehow, I think being ignorant that slavery existed in this country (which would also prohibit teaching about The Constitution) along with the reasons we had The Civil War would be a huge gap in anyone's education and might cause problems interacting with black people in this country in any setting.

Just now, dogcows said:

Cops in Florida decide to celebrate Black History Month with new cars?

https://www.newsweek.com/columbus-ohio-miami-police-black-history-month-backlash-buying-new-car-celebration-1778717

I’ll take “Tone Deaf” for $500, Alex.

Disgusting 

Gladys West

Gladys Mae West (née Brown; born October 27, 1930[1]) is an American mathematicianknown for her contributions to the mathematical modeling of the shape of the Earth, and her work on the development of the satellite geodesy models that were eventually incorporated into the Global Positioning System (GPS).[2] West was inducted into the United States Air Force Hall of Fame in 2018. West was awarded the Webby Lifetime Achievement Award at 25th Annual Webby Awards for the development of the satellite geodesy models.[3][4]

On 2/3/2023 at 4:09 PM, squistion said:

They can be...but somehow, I think being ignorant that slavery existed in this country (which would also prohibit teaching about The Constitution) along with the reasons we had The Civil War would be a huge gap in anyone's education and might cause problems interacting with black people in this country in any setting.

I think learning to take advantage of what is out there today and excelling in your own life is more important than knowing about a few unlucky fockers that were sold into slavery by their own people in Africa and other places a couple hundred years ago. 

Every country on the planet had slavery and were taken over by other people and were at wars and killed others and blah blah blah. Only one country is current day USA and that is what should take precedent.

We need to eliminate the liberal mindset of "woe is me, I'm a victim" and get on with life. 

The idiocy that flows from liberals brain matter is worth a total extermination of liberal thought in this country.  

Nancy Green

Nancy Green (March 4, 1834 – August 30, 1923) was an American former enslaved woman, nanny, cook, activist, and the first of many African-American models and performers hired to promote a corporate trademark as "Aunt Jemima". The famous Aunt Jemima recipe was not her recipe, but she became the advertising world's first living trademark.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nancy_Green

34 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Nancy Green

Nancy Green (March 4, 1834 – August 30, 1923) was an American former enslaved woman, nanny, cook, activist, and the first of many African-American models and performers hired to promote a corporate trademark as "Aunt Jemima". The famous Aunt Jemima recipe was not her recipe, but she became the advertising world's first living trademark.

CANCELLED ❌

57 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Nancy Green

Not sure why Nancy Green was cancelled as she should be held in high esteem and honored as a barrier breaker.  Aunt Jemima products should return in her honor.

On 2/3/2023 at 4:09 PM, squistion said:

Is there even a single person in the United States who are ignorant of the fact that slavery existed.  How stupid can you be?  

31 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Is there even a single person in the United States who are ignorant of the fact that slavery existed.  How stupid can you be?  

Fun Fact:  Most people learn about US history their schools as they are growing up and not to ever mention slavery or its part in The Civil War is like something out of The Onion. 

6 minutes ago, squistion said:

Fun Fact:  Most people learn about US history their schools as they are growing up and not to ever mention slavery or its part in The Civil War is like something out of The Onion. 

Well that’s an off the mark idiotic statement. Are you another Rusty alias? 

1 hour ago, squistion said:

Yeah, what you posted is neither "fun" nor is it "fact".  I mean, you're an idiot, of course, but grew up in the 70's and 80's and I distinctly remember discussing slavery overall, it's part in the Civil War and afterwards, including the Democrats implementation if Jim Crowe and their founding of the KKK.

20 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Yeah, what you posted is neither "fun" nor is it "fact".  I mean, you're an idiot, of course, but grew up in the 70's and 80's and I distinctly remember discussing slavery overall, it's part in the Civil War and afterwards, including the Democrats implementation if Jim Crowe and their founding of the KKK.

Reading is fundamental.

I specifically said:

Most people learn about US history their schools

2 hours ago, squistion said:

Can someone decipher what this retard is saying?

that's a whole lotta nope

47 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

Not a lot of us speak retard, but I believe TimHauck, Kozmiq, pimpadouche and TimSchochet can translate.

58 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

There was a word omitted and two words transposed that apparently confused you. They have been corrected below:

Fun Fact:  Most people learn about US history in their schools as they are growing up and to not ever mention slavery or its part in The Civil War is like something out of The Onion. 

50 minutes ago, squistion said:

There was a word omitted and two words transposed that apparently confused you. They have been corrected below:

Who’s not mentioning slavery in a US history class? Who’s against it? 

8 hours ago, Dizkneelande said:

It is a waste of brain cells to even try. 

10 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Who’s not mentioning slavery in a US history class? Who’s against it? 

This was said earlier in this thread:

Yep. No schools should be teaching kids about races. 

If you can't teach kids about races, or discuss the issue of race, then you can't really discuss historical race related issues like slavery, Jim Crow laws and segregation (or so one would think).

5 minutes ago, squistion said:

This was said earlier in this thread:

If you can't teach kids about races, or discuss the issue of race, then you can't really discuss historical race related issues like slavery, Jim Crow laws and segregation (or so one would think).

Good. Because liberals don't know history anyway. And it's time to teach underage kids only about the here and now of life skills to start out in the world properly.

1 minute ago, RogerDodger said:

Fellas, Squid Pigeon has the IQ of a gnat if you haven't figured it out yet.    

You're giving him too much credit.

1 minute ago, craftsman said:

Good. Because liberals don't know history anyway. And it's time to teach underage kids only about the here and now of life skills to start out in the world properly.

I would say a knowledge of history is an important life skill to start out in the world properly, but we will have to agree to disagree. 

2 minutes ago, squistion said:

I would say a knowledge of history is an important life skill to start out in the world properly, but we will have to agree to disagree. 

So any history? Made up or otherwise? Because fake made up history is all you get from the left. 

It's like putting no gas in your empty gas tank is better for your car than filling it up with sugar filled Kool-Aid. 

19 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

Not sure why Nancy Green was cancelled as she should be held in high esteem and honored as a barrier breaker.  Aunt Jemima products should return in her honor.

Don't worry, she will... in about 20 to 30 years when white liberals, on behalf of black people, will complain about the lack of black people being displayed in the commercial food industry.  They'll blame Republican's for it and call them racist.  Aunt Jemima will then be put back on the labels to support black people.

Liberals need victims.  If there aren't any, they need to create them.

10 minutes ago, craftsman said:

So any history? Made up or otherwise? Because fake made up history is all you get from the left. 

It's like putting no gas in your empty gas tank is better for your car than filling it up with sugar filled Kool-Aid. 

Teaching about the history of slavery in this country, and how slavery was the major factor in causing the Civil War, Jim Crow laws and segregation that existed until the mid 60s is "fake made up history"? :mellow:

Bessie Smith

Bessie Smith (April 15, 1894 – September 26, 1937) was an American blues singer widely renowned during the Jazz Age. Nicknamed the "Empress of the Blues", she was the most popular female blues singer of the 1930s. Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1989, she is often regarded as one of the greatest singers of her era and was a major influence on fellow blues singers, as well as jazz vocalists.[1]

Born in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Smith was young when her parents died, and she and her six siblings survived by performing on street corners.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bessie_Smith

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Don't worry, she will... in about 20 to 30 years when white liberals, on behalf of black people, will complain about the lack of black people being displayed in the commercial food industry.  They'll blame Republican's for it and call them racist.  Aunt Jemima will then be put back on the labels to support black people.

Liberals need victims.  If there aren't any, they need to create them.

Actually Mrs.Buttersworth bottle was conceived as a white grandmotherly figure.   Only problem when they put the syrup in the bottle it made her look black, hence the bottle was cancelled.  Can`t make this stuff up.

54 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Actually Mrs.Buttersworth bottle was conceived as a white grandmotherly figure.   Only problem when they put the syrup in the bottle it made her look black, hence the bottle was cancelled.  Can`t make this stuff up.

The bottle was "cancelled" but is still being sold in that same design.

https://thedieline.com/blog/2022/9/6/conagra-brands-said-they-would-change-the-mrs-butterworths-bottle-so-what-happened?

In July 2020, Conagra also announced it would conduct a brand review for Mrs. Butterworth’s, acknowledging that consumers could see the packaging, particularly its signature syrup bottle silhouette, as racist. However as of this date the results of the review have not been announced  

1 minute ago, squistion said:

The bottle was "cancelled" but is still being sold in that same design.

https://thedieline.com/blog/2022/9/6/conagra-brands-said-they-would-change-the-mrs-butterworths-bottle-so-what-happened?

In July 2020, Conagra also announced it would conduct a brand review for Mrs. Butterworth’s, acknowledging that consumers could see the packaging, particularly its signature syrup bottle silhouette, as racist. However as of this date the results of the review have not been announced  

Why would a bottle of syrup be racist?