Baker Boy

Black History Month

Get to know:

Lonnie Johnson

African American engineer and inventor Lonnie Johnson earned his master's degree in nuclear engineering from Tuskegee University and went on to work for the U.S. Air Force and the NASA space program. After tinkering with the invention of a high-powered water gun, Johnson's Super Soaker became a top-selling item by the early 1990s. He has since been developing the Johnson Thermoelectric Energy Converter (JTEC), an engine that converts heat directly into electricity, which Johnson's sees as the path to low-cost solar power.

https://www.biography.com/inventors/lonnie-g-johnson

5 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Get to know:

Lonnie Johnson

African American engineer and inventor Lonnie Johnson earned his master's degree in nuclear engineering from Tuskegee University and went on to work for the U.S. Air Force and the NASA space program. After tinkering with the invention of a high-powered water gun, Johnson's Super Soaker became a top-selling item by the early 1990s. He has since been developing the Johnson Thermoelectric Energy Converter (JTEC), an engine that converts heat directly into electricity, which Johnson's sees as the path to low-cost solar power.

Awesome.  I bet he isn’t covered in CRT training. 

Show up at work today and in the lobby they had tables set up, giving away donuts.  As I walk up to the tables this middle aged, balding, pasty white dude walks up to remind me it's the first day of black history month and hands me a flier with all the events that are going to be happening at work related to it this month. 

Woo Hoo!!!!  I got a free donut.

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

Show up at work today and in the lobby they had tables set up, giving away donuts.  As I walk up to the tables this middle aged, balding, pasty white dude walks up to remind me it's the first day of black history month and hands me a flier with all the events that are going to be happening at work related to it this month. 

Woo Hoo!!!!  I got a free donut.

Only donuts?  That's racist.   Especially if they had white cream topping or filling.

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Only donuts?  That's racist.   Especially if they had white cream topping or filling.

I got your basic sugar donut.  My GF took the chocolate covered.   I guess she celebrates the month more than I do.

1 minute ago, Strike said:

I got your basic sugar donut.  My GF took the chocolate covered.   I guess she celebrates the month more than I do.

Oh boy.  Was that the BBC inspired Donut?  Might want to question her on that.

• Haha 1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bass_Reeves

Bass Reeves (July 1838 – January 12, 1910) was an American law enforcement official, historically noted as the first black deputy U.S. marshal west of the Mississippi River. He worked mostly in Arkansas and the Oklahoma Territory.[a] During his long career, he had on his record more than 3,000 arrests of dangerous fugitives, and shot and killed 14 of them in self-defense.

Just now, Baker Boy said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bass_Reeves

Bass Reeves (July 1838 – January 12, 1910) was an American law enforcement official, historically noted as the first black deputy U.S. marshal west of the Mississippi River. He worked mostly in Arkansas and the Oklahoma Territory.[a] During his long career, he had on his record more than 3,000 arrests of dangerous fugitives, and shot and killed 14 of them in self-defense.

He’s a bad mother, shut your mouth! 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Little

Samuel Little (born Samuel McDowell; June 7, 1940 – December 30, 2020) was an American serial killer who confessed to murdering 93 women between 1970 and 2005.[5] In 2014 he was convicted of the murders of Linda Alford, Guadalupe Duarte Apodaca, and Audrey Nelson Everett, and in 2018 for the murder of Denise Christie Brothers as well as several others in 2019. The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)'s Violent Criminal Apprehension Program (ViCAP) has confirmed Little's involvement in at least 60 of the 93 confessed murders, the largest number of confirmed victims for any serial killer in United States history.

• Haha 1

I’ve been recently learning about black chickens 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Henry Blair

Born a free man in 1807, Henry Blair was the second African American to be issued a United States patent. Despite being illiterate and uneducated, he was a successful farmer who patented two inventions: a corn planter and a cotton planter. Both of his inventions greatly increased efficiency on the farm by limiting labor and time.

8 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Henry Blair

Born a free man in 1807, Henry Blair was the second African American to be issued a United States patent. Despite being illiterate and uneducated, he was a successful farmer who patented two inventions: a corn planter and a cotton planter. Both of his inventions greatly increased efficiency on the farm by limiting labor and time.

Oh, hey, just like Pimpadouche and Louie "I like anal" Kelcher!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

George Floyd- Drug addict who held a gun to a pregnant woman's stomach and got what he deserved for doing so.

Black people tore down liberal cities because of it. 

Happy black people month. Go Chicago!!

2 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Oh boy.  Was that the BBC inspired Donut?  Might want to question her on that.

I'm surprised this isn't getting more play.  I bet her "donut" was cream-filled.  :thumbsup: 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Strike said:

Samuel Little (born Samuel McDowell; June 7, 1940 – December 30, 2020) was an American serial killer who confessed to murdering 93 women between 1970 and 2005.[5] In 2014 he was convicted of the murders of Linda Alford, Guadalupe Duarte Apodaca, and Audrey Nelson Everett, and in 2018 for the murder of Denise Christie Brothers as well as several others in 2019. The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)'s Violent Criminal Apprehension Program (ViCAP) has confirmed Little's involvement in at least 60 of the 93 confessed murders, the largest number of confirmed victims for any serial killer in United States history.

His brother, Cleo, opened a hamburger joint in Queens, NY. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, craftsman said:

George Floyd- Drug addict who held a gun to a pregnant woman's stomach and got what he deserved for doing so.

That wasn't what he was arrested for and then murdered. The outcome of that in the legal system:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Floyd

The City of Minneapolis settled a wrongful death lawsuit with Floyd's family for $27 million. Chauvin was convicted on two counts of murder and one count of manslaughter on April 20, 2021[10] and on June 25, 2021, was sentenced to 22.5 years in prison.[11] The other three officers at the scene were also later convicted of violating Floyd's civil rights.[12]

12 hours ago, Strike said:

I think this black guy killed far more people.

Potato Chips

George Crum was working as a chef at a resort in New York. A customer sent his dish of french fries back to the kitchen, claiming that they weren’t good. In an irritated fit, Crum cut the potatoes as thinly as possible, fried them until they were burnt crisps, and threw a generous handful of salt on top. Thus, the chip was born.

• Haha 1

I went looking for some BHM decorations, could not find any...:dunno:

19 hours ago, craftsman said:

You are ignorant and ignorant about the facts in this case and completely ignorant about our legal system. He was accused of buying food with a counterfeit $20 bill. He was clearly a moron and a repeat criminal and no, I don’t feel sorry for his ass, but that wasn’t proper police procedure. Period. The police are not here to dole out justice. That is why we have the courts.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, peenie said:

You are ignorant and ignorant about the facts in this case and completely ignorant about our legal system. He was accused of buying food with a counterfeit $20 bill. He was clearly a moron and a repeat criminal and no, I don’t feel sorry for his ass, but that wasn’t proper police procedure. Period. The police are not here to dole out justice. That is why we have the courts.

I agree with this.  Despite his unsavory and criminal past, he didn't deserve to die.  Justice, like you said, is what the courts are for.

People aren't really going to mourn for a seasoned criminal but the way he went out was not right.  We can't let our police dole it out in the streets.  I get that they deal with the worst elements of society every day, but they can't be doing this.  This hurts EVERYONE.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I agree with this.  Despite his unsavory and criminal past, he didn't deserve to die.  Justice, like you said, is what the courts are for.

People aren't really going to mourn for a seasoned criminal but the way he went out was not right.  We can't let our police dole it out in the streets.  I get that they deal with the worst elements of society every day, but they can't be doing this.  This hurts EVERYONE.

In Floyd I saw ignorance multiplied by indifference and arrogance.  I may have seen actual malice as well though when it wears a mask as it so often does sometimes I fall for the disguise and mistake it.

25 minutes ago, peenie said:

I have no empathy for him....nor for those rednecks that killed the guy rooting through houses.... nor for anyone else who behaves outside of common decency.....you reap what you sow....

Good people rarely have problems, and when they do they survive them, because they are not pieces of sh!t.  JMHO 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I have no empathy for him....nor for those rednecks that killed the guy rooting through houses.... nor for anyone else who behaves outside of common decency.....you reap what you sow....

Good people rarely have problems, and when they do they survive them, because they are not pieces of sh!t.  JMHO 

This is about right.  Here's the thing.  When you repeatedly put yourself in dangerous situations eventually one of them is probably going to go bad.  And people like George Floyd do that.  That's not a cop thing.  They could just as easily get taken out in a drug deal gone bad or some other situation, but there's a reason people who live normal lives for the most part don't end up dead, and why I'll reserve my strongest feelings of sorrow for those who don't put themselves in those situations to begin with.

7 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Just now, Strike said:

This is about right.  Here's the thing.  When you repeatedly put yourself in dangerous situations eventually one of them is probably going to go bad.  And people like George Floyd do that.  That's not a cop thing.  They could just as easily get taken out in a drug deal gone bad or some other situation, but there's a reason people who live normal lives for the most part don't end up dead, and why I'll reserve my strongest feelings of sorrow for those who don't put themselves in those situations to begin with.

Both posts above are 100% EternalShinyandChrome approved!  :thumbsup:

I still believe justice shouldn't be meted out in the streets by the police, but I certainly have no empathy for POS that continually put themselves in positions for these situations to happen.

48 minutes ago, peenie said:

I never once said the police were correct in their actions. I don't think I commented on our legal system.  I just stated facts about Floyd and his comeuppance was way overdue as far as karma is concerned. Floyd got what he had coming to him no matter who committed the "crime" against him. 

I'm not ignorant about any facts. I just have the point of view that Floyd is better gone from this society than he is being part of it. Maybe he would have been a benefit to some other society somewhere else in this world. 

23 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

Get to know:

Lonnie Johnson

https://www.biography.com/inventors/lonnie-g-johnson

I have no idea how society would've continued without this man's contributions. Incredible.

24 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I have no idea how society would've continued without this man's contributions. Incredible.

Now compare him to you!

The board seems afraid to look into the history of Black Americans and refuse to give them any credit for their contributions our country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_Douglass

Frederick Douglass (born Frederick Augustus Washington Bailey, c. February 1817 or 1818[a] – February 20, 1895) was an American social reformer, abolitionist, orator, writer, and statesman. After escaping from slavery in Maryland, he became a national leader of the abolitionist movement in Massachusetts and New York, becoming famous for his oratory[4] and incisive antislavery writings. Accordingly, he was described by abolitionists in his time as a living counterexample to slaveholders' arguments that slaves lacked the intellectual capacity to function as independent American citizens.[5] Northerners at the time found it hard to believe that such a great orator had once been a slave. It was in response to this disbelief that Douglass wrote his first autobiography.[6]

43 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

The board seems afraid to look into the history of Black Americans and refuse to give them any credit for their contributions our country.

I've give credit to anyone.  I don't give special credit because they're black, or white, or yellow, or brown.  They're just Americans, or people, to me.   People like you and Peenie need to get over race. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I remember a few years ago when the movie Red Tails came out, about the Tuskegee airmen. I was talking to a friend of a friend and said that I was going to go see it. He started saying that it was inaccurate blah blah. I said so what? You think every ww2 movie you watched wasn’t embellished? I said at least Young black kids might watch this and see some heroes fighting and dying for their country instead of some more left wing garbage that makes them hate their country. Good movie.