Sign in to follow this  
TimHauck

Silicon Valley Bank

If the economy crashes now, I am 100% positive that Biden and the WH will blame Trump for it...

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

Which one of those "woke" programs mentioned in that article caused this bank's demise?  I bet it was the LGBTQ+ blog they started!!!  I mean, blogs have a long history of taking down even the largest corporations.

How about the one in charge of risk assessment spends more time accessing risk than the woke bullshit? 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

How about the one in charge of risk assessment spends more time accessing risk than the woke bullshit? 

Believe it or not people are capable of performing multiple tasks during the course of a work week.  You know, every week the top two executives at the corporation I work at put out a weekly update video.  They are constantly talking about things that have nothing to do with our business like Black History Month, Asian Pacific this and that, or whatever.  They COULD spend the time they spent making the video on other, work related things, but I have faith that the time spent on that video doesn't prevent them from effectively running the company.  And I have faith that those involved in the BHM and AP efforts can do that AND their jobs in the course of their work week. 

2 hours ago, Strike said:

Believe it or not people are capable of performing multiple tasks during the course of a work week.  You know, every week the top two executives at the corporation I work at put out a weekly update video.  They are constantly talking about things that have nothing to do with our business like Black History Month, Asian Pacific this and that, or whatever.  They COULD spend the time they spent making the video on other, work related things, but I have faith that the time spent on that video doesn't prevent them from effectively running the company.  And I have faith that those involved in the BHM and AP efforts can do that AND their jobs in the course of their work week. 

I agree, but what if the portions of the actual business that they are in charge of fail, leading to a direct decline in the company. Would you perhaps look back and say maybe they shouldn’t have been doing those videos and other items outside their primary responsibilities?

Bernie Marcus: “Bank went woke instead of focusing on shareholders”.  Think I’ll take his word for it, with all due respect to some of you. 

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Bernie Marcus: “Bank went woke instead of focusing on shareholders”.  Think I’ll take his word for it, with all due respect to some of you. 

Of course you will, but you only listen to what people tell you that supports your misguided opinion.  The rest of us like to use our brains.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

Of course you will, but you only listen to what people tell you that supports your misguided opinion.  The rest of us like to use our brains.

Yeah. I should listen to you instead. He’s a billionaire and you have a minor in finance and play on a message board with me during the work day.  And you don’t even know what’s going on in your sector. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah. I should listen to you instead. He’s a billionaire and you have a minor in finance and play on a message board with me during the work day.  And you don’t even know what’s going on in your sector. 

I'm not asking yo to believe me.  I'm asking you to use your brain and form your own opinion.

I doubt their 'woke' policies prevented them from doing their job.  I think they were just poorly managed.

Sounds like another bank is being taken over from the FDIC out of New York.  

This isn't over.

4 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I'm not asking yo to believe me.  I'm asking you to use your brain and form your own opinion.

My brain shows me this bank went months without a risk management officer last year but couldn’t Stfu about the woke bullshit. Then when they did hire one all she talked about was being  queer and colored. Now a guy with vast amounts of knowledge says that was bad. I agree with him. Crazy 

1 minute ago, BLS said:

I doubt their 'woke' policies prevented them from doing their job.  I think they were just poorly managed.

Sounds like another bank is being taken over from the FDIC out of New York.  

This isn't over.

Link?

2 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Monday is going to be a blood bath

Looks like the FDIC is gonna twist another banks arm to buy svb to make account holders whole.  I don't think it's disaster 

So how this plays out is all the execs escape with their loot, the employees get their bonus, and the rest of us will make the depositors whole, well beyond what the FDIC calls for. Book it. Just don’t call it a bailout. Yellin said there won’t be a bailout. Lol. 

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

Looks like the FDIC is gonna twist another banks arm to buy svb to make account holders whole.  I don't think it's disaster 

It doesn't necessarily mean a disaster, but this isn't over.  Tomorrow will be very telling.

I think they're worried about a run on the banks and are trying to stave that off.

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Just remember, it’s not a bailout.  

HT is going on record saying that svb will be bailed out by taxpayers.

Let's see if it happens, I say it's not likely 

6 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

They were the annual bonuses that were planned to be paid out all year.

See this is the problem, you have your idiots like strike and HT that know nothing about the corporate world, or the real world for that matter, and the repeat the BS clickbait that the media feeds them.  The execs cashed out, bonuses were paid, fry these people.  Smh.

This wasn't a grift, and there is no taxpayer bail out.  It's a mismanagement and a panic bank run.

Hasn't anyone ever seen it's a wonderful life?

Focking idiots.

Old man Potter has the deposits?  He would have got away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling kids.

6 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

They were the annual bonuses that were planned to be paid out all year.

See this is the problem, you have your idiots like strike and HT that know nothing about the corporate world, or the real world for that matter, and the repeat the BS clickbait that the media feeds them.  The execs cashed out, bonuses were paid, fry these people.  Smh.

This wasn't a grift, and there is no taxpayer bail out.  It's a mismanagement and a panic bank run.

Hasn't anyone ever seen it's a wonderful life?

Focking idiots.

Did the Pelosis get their money out? 

5 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

HT is going on record saying that svb will be bailed out by taxpayers.

Let's see if it happens, I say it's not likely 

I’m saying they won’t be bailed out you moron. That term will not apply.  But they will be. 

5 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

I was talking to some people last night who work with start up companies who are going to be hurt by this. Even if they are not working directly with this bank, other banks are sure to tighten their loan restrictions and limits as a result of this mess. 

Here’s the part I don’t understand. I get that this bank had some woke practices so naturally some conservatives don’t like it. But is there a connection between those practices and the bank’s failure? How does that work? 

Startup culture is a scourge on society. A bunch of rich old white men decide to invest millions in new companies, mostly friends of theirs, or friends of friends. They are supposedly geniuses... But too stupid to pick a decent bank. FTX first, now this. I prefer businesses that start by making good products or services and growing naturally when they get more customers. Y combinator, angel funds, etc. are just the kingmakers picking who will get rich next.. or lose millions next in most cases.

As for the “woke” stuff? Right wingers just call everything woke now. The word no longer has any meaning.

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m saying they won’t be bailed out you moron. That term will not apply.  But they will be. 

Are you drunk?

Just now, GutterBoy said:

Are you drunk?

Stone sober.  There will be no bailout. But everyone will get their money and the company officers will get to keep theirs. But no bailout. Yellin said so. And I believe her. Also, honest disclosure : whatever the cabal comes up with to address this situation would be no different if Trump were president. He would also do as told.  

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

Startup culture is a scourge on society. A bunch of rich old white men decide to invest millions in new companies, mostly friends of theirs, or friends of friends. They are supposedly geniuses... But too stupid to pick a decent bank. FTX first, now this. I prefer businesses that start by making good products or services and growing naturally when they get more customers. Y combinator, angel funds, etc. are just the kingmakers picking who will get rich next.. or lose millions next in most cases.

As for the “woke” stuff? Right wingers just call everything woke now. The word no longer has any meaning.

White People!!!!!  :cry:

1 hour ago, Drizzay said:

Not surprised. Although in this case I almost tend to agree because what’s gonna happen tomorrow is I’m gonna go to the bank and take out money then you’re gonna go to the bank and take out money then the next person the next person and then at the end of the day someone’s gonna go to the bank to try to take out money and it’s not gonna be there and it’s just gonna create such a panic I honestly don’t know a solution but the way everything’s been down turning we’re all screwed

When the poor or middle class need help, F them. When the rich need help, Congress must act! Romney and his ilk are shameless.

1 hour ago, Drizzay said:

What a turd this guy is. He was asked who said it or for video of it. His response?  “Some discretion is required.” So, accusing unnamed Senators is ok, but refusing to offer evidence of his claim demonstrates “discretion”? Kentucky is a dumpster fire, so no wonder all their Congressional representatives are 💩. Perhaps he just made this up, which is the real reason he won’t name names or show video.

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Stone sober.  There will be no bailout. But everyone will get their money and the company officers will get to keep theirs. But no bailout. Yellin said so. And I believe her. Also, honest disclosure : whatever the cabal comes up with to address this situation would be no different if Trump were president. He would also do as told.  

The FDIC has already said there will be a bailout for depositors. They normally only cover the first $250k of deposits, but they will cover the full amounts.

The funding is coming from the insurance funds that banks pay into, so at least the bailout won’t come from taxpayers.

17 minutes ago, dogcows said:

When the poor or middle class need help, F them. When the rich need help, Congress must act! Romney and his ilk are shameless.

You got that right. Also , lol at Romney saying the executives lost it all. Only a snob like him could say something like that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dogcows said:

The FDIC has already said there will be a bailout for depositors. They normally only cover the first $250k of deposits, but they will cover the full amounts.

The funding is coming from the insurance funds that banks pay into, so at least the bailout won’t come from taxpayers.

You mean the insurance depositors pay for. 

4 hours ago, dogcows said:

Excellent news.

It's unbelievable. A whole nation has known about school loans, interest, borrowing, and needing to pay back what is borrowed for all their lives and all of a sudden a bunch of idiot teens with help from their idiot parents either make stupid decisions or simply don't want to pay back what they borrow  via doing hard work and fulfilling their obligation, so they all cry poor and it's so hard to pay their debt and they want it free now. When prior to these turds people paid off their lians or didn't take them out in the first place. 

I want it free!!! :cry:

Guess what I did when I had student loans. I lived on my own, had little to no money, but worked 2 jobs to support myself and pay off my loans. I did that because I borrowed it to get an education and I was obligated to pay it back. And it worked out great. Crazy huh? 

7 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You got that right. Also , lol at Romney saying the executives lost it all. Only a snob like him could say something like that. 

Under the agreement the executives lost their jobs, and shareholders and investors will lose everything.  Only the depositors will be made whole due to FDIC insurance and a special assessment on banks.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

It's best if you sit these topics out.

HT is an idiot with an opinion which means he has to comment on everything even though he knows nothing. It's standard practice.

17 hours ago, Strike said:

Credit where credit is due. This is well said. 

13 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

HT wants to keep running his dumb narrative into the ground. It is important for him