EternalShinyAndChrome

Rodgers to Jets

1 hour ago, MDC said:

GB wasn’t winning anything with AR anyway. Plus he hates it there. Time to move on.

I agree, but he’s been a great Qb.  

Rodgers is smug.  Im not out here trying to say he isn't.   But we want athletes to speak their mind and when he does often, he gets criticized.   He was NFLs darling and the media loved him.  Everything switched when he had an opinion on the covid jab.  

You all run to watch pat mac and hear him.  Then hang on his every word and criticize it.  He has everyone by the balls its hilarious.   Media got all upset when nothing was coming out in the deal because they can't live without his content.  

Just now, Reality said:

Treating schefty like family.

I heard that one.  It was a pretty good one.  

Dude keeps proving what a moron he is. Going to the AFC.  Brilliant. Another year of one and done, if even that. 

10 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I agree, but he’s been a great Qb.  

Great at making the playoffs and losing. Yup. The best

1 hour ago, Engorgeous George said:
When you're a Jet
You're a Jet all the way
From your first cigarette
To your last dyin' day

When you're a Jet
If the crap hits the fan
You got brothers around
You're a family man

When you're a Jet
You're the top cat in town
You're the gold-medal kid
With the heavyweight crown!
When you're a Jet
You're the swingin'est thing
Little boy, you're a man
Little man, you're a king!

When you're a Jet 
you go on Pat Mcafee
You cut ties with the Pack
You're finally free

When you're a Jet
you're discussed on WFAN
When you lose you're a bum
When you win you're the man

When you're a Jet
the spotlight will be bright
and you're drama queen shizz
won't fit in right

20 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

So next on Aaron's bucket list should be to rip off the tax payers and welfare recipients of his home state...

Maybe slice his wife’s throat open? Kill a waiter while he’s at it? 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Maybe slice his wife’s throat open? Kill a waiter while he’s at it? 

I meant he was following in Favre's footsteps, not OJ's.

25 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I meant he was following in Favre's footsteps, not OJ's.

Oh. Cuz lefties act like Favre is the biggest POS in the history of the NFL.  Also you better hope not. Rodgers and Jefferson? Wow. 

20 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Oh. Cuz lefties act like Favre is the biggest POS in the history of the NFL.  Also you better hope not. Rodgers and Jefferson? Wow. 

I'm a Packer fan first, lefty second.  

Funny you mention Jefferson.  Rodgers was campaigning for him to the front office during the 2020 draft.  Minnesota swings trade to get him, while the Packers swing trade for Jordan Love.  Everything that is happening now, pretty much can be traced back to that draft. I wish the Packers had figured out a way to get Jefferson.  

• Like 1

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

Funny you mention Jefferson.  Rodgers was campaigning for him to the front office during the 2020 draft.  Minnesota swings trade to get him, while the Packers swing trade for Jordan Love.  Everything that is happening now, pretty much can be traced back to that draft. I wish the Packers had figured out a way to get Jefferson.  

Didn’t know that. Wow, that would have been something. And they still would have had D Adams. 

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

Backup QB who sits 3 years.  A backup RB.  Still a backup.  A 2.5 string TE.  Still a backup.  

What a draft.  What a front office.  Backup RB in the 2nd.  I dont even want a 1st string in the 2nd.  

Pay the QB a ton yet draft defense and want to run the ball a ton.  What a vision.   But nothing happens.  FO never at fault.  Things move like molasses in GB.  

3 hours ago, Engorgeous George said:

Just saw tape of him saying he is debatably the best player in Packer franchise history.  I would note Starr, Hutson, Nitschke, Kramer, Gregg, Adderley, Wood and others should not be dismissed so easily.  Hey Rodgers, Starr has five championships.  The others have them as well and all were men of great character.

Samkon Gado

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Backup QB who sits 3 years.  A backup RB.  Still a backup.  A 2.5 string TE.  Still a backup.  

What a draft.  What a front office.  Backup RB in the 2nd.  I dont even want a 1st string in the 2nd.  

Pay the QB a ton yet draft defense and want to run the ball a ton.  What a vision.   But nothing happens.  FO never at fault.  Things move like molasses in GB.  

Just went back and looked at it...Dillon and Runyon the only two who have contributed anything, ugly. Gutey so needs Love to be good. 

3 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

So by saying he "debatebly" is thr best Packer means he dismissed everyone else? 

Thats an odd takeaway. 

Well at first he said something like he is the best and then he tempered it with debatably.  Hornung, Taylor, Davis, White Sharpe.  The PacKer's ring of honor is almost a football Hall of Fame all on its own. You have Favre,Jordan, Hubbard, Hinlle, Lofton, Woodson, Butler, McNally, Lambeau, Canadeo, Hanner, and should have John Brockingtom.  Yeah he's appreciated.  Yes he is better than Lynn Dickey, better than Favre, one of the greats, but his self perception always stood in the way of true greatness.  Maybe the finest passe ever seen, but such a shitty teammate and human it tempers things.

11 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Just went back and looked at it...Dillon and Runyon the only two who have contributed anything, ugly. Gutey so needs Love to be good. 

I don't even think hes a terrible GM.  He was probably a better scout.  But there seems to be no vision or connect with coaches. All they care about is RAS scores.  Draft all the athletes you could want.  Stokes quay gary savage...pay jaire.  Then Joe Barry plays off coverage as they sit on their heels.  Mind boggling.  I don't mind bend but don't break play good redzone D, if your offense is good.   And if tou want to play that way go get cheaper instinctive tacklers rather than super heros that are cut in half by schemes.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Engorgeous George said:

Well at first he said something like he is the best and then he tempered it with debatably.  Hornung, Taylor, Davis, White Sharpe.  The PacKer's ring of honor is almost a footballHall of Fame all on its own.

From what I understand he has a fairly deep knowledge and respect fot the old Packers and that is one of his favorite things about being drafted there.  He has impressed me a few times with the names and stats of those guys off the cuff in interviews.  He might think very highly of himself but I believe he has respect for thr older generations.  

18 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Also I like Dillon but he is some what underwhelming.  Doesn't run as hard as I thought he would for such a big back.  But the bigger knock is Jones was already good.   Sure go pair him...they had J Will.   Instead spend a 2nd....on a back......who is a backup???   Don't get it.  Then they resign Jones.  Just all over the place there.   Can go pick up Lat Murray for like 19 years running for cheap and not burn a 2nd rd pick.   

RBs are a dime a dozen.  Find Jones in the 5th.  (J Will same year in 4th) then turn around and get his backup in the 2nd.  You have to be drunk to do that.  

Anyhow,  Jets apparently are going to get disgruntled and feeling disrespected and unwanted Aaron Rodgers. That is the best aaron rodgers.  Way better than self-important and put upon Aaron Rodgers.  He will do well for them right up until the next off season.

Just now, Engorgeous George said:

Anyhow,  Jets apparently are going to get disgruntled and feeling disrespected and unwanted Aaron Rodgers. That is the best aaron rodgers.  Way better than self-important and put upon Aaron Rodgers.  He will do well for them right up until the next off season.

Oh yeah I think guys like him can kick it up a notch.  Favre had a great run in Minnesota out of spite.  Was no where near as close to his MVP years as Rodgers.   Rodgers wasn't seeing the field or was stubborn probably both last season.   Not to make excuses but also injured, but he wasn't going to let Love take over there.  So he finished the year. He still can make almost all the throws.     

It is amazing what age does.  Rodgers never relied on pure speed more an educated scramble.  And was athletic enough to pick up a chunk. Last few years he has really lost his legs.  He hardly runs.  Can still move well within the pocket.

As a Jets fan my preference was always Carr or Jimmy G. For so many reasons. One was the cost (be it $ or picks it both). One was his attitude. He’s been able to be his weird, ornery self in Green Bay. How will that play in New York and how quickly will he get his feelings hurt? Now the Jets will be going through his annual retirement decision next year 

The final reason is that, while a hall of famer and still very talented, dude hasn’t won anything of importance in quite a while against an inferior group of NFC quarterbacks. Why should I believe he can beat the likes of Mahomes, Burrow and Allen when he can’t beat Jared Goff to make the playoffs?

Now that’s not to say Carr or Jimmy can beat the upper echelon guys but again… the cost is less. And sometimes it’s about the right attitude and fitting in with a system ala Jimmy G and San Fran in super bowl LIV. 

With other options off the table, I want him now but it’s not because I like him… I just don’t want to see another season of QB play keeping us out of the playoffs with all the young talent we have. 

Just now, WhiteWonder said:

As a Jets fan my preference was always Carr or Jimmy G. For so many reasons. One was the cost (be it $ or picks it both). One was his attitude. He’s been able to be his weird, ornery self in Green Bay. How will that play in New York and how quickly will he get his feelings hurt? Now the Jets will be going through his annual retirement decision next year 

The final reason is that, while a hall of famer and still very talented, dude hasn’t won anything of importance in quite a while against an inferior group of NFC quarterbacks. Why should I believe he can beat the likes of Mahomes, Burrow and Allen when he can’t beat Jared Goff to make the playoffs?

Now that’s not to say Carr or Jimmy can beat the upper echelon guys but again… the cost is less. And sometimes it’s about the right attitude and fitting in with a system ala Jimmy G and San Fran in super bowl LIV. 

With other options off the table, I want him now but it’s not because I like him… I just don’t want to see another season of QB play keeping us out of the playoffs with all the young talent we have. 

I like this assessment.   I dont think you guys have a chance at a SB.  But could have some fun.  Things can happen for various reasons.  So at least you have a chance.  Who gave them a chance this coming year?  Lamar? List ends there.

2 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Why should I believe he can beat the likes of Mahomes, Burrow and Allen...

And Tua!!!

Fock off Jets  :cry:

The Jets will need a rb, Hall won’t be very productive next season, and Carter didn’t do much after Hall was injured, but at least they will have a very good Qb.  

On 3/15/2023 at 3:28 PM, listen2me 23 said:

What do you guys think thr compensation will be?  I know Corey Davis may get released he could be in package.  A 1st and 2nd seems reasonable.  Probably will have stipulations on if Rodgers plays more than 1 year or not.  

This post got laughed at.  That is basically what they got got for him unless he gets injured.  

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

This post got laughed at.  That is basically what they got got for him unless he gets injured.  

But they had to give up their first.  So they didn’t really get a first. They moved up two spots and may get a first next year. 

3 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

They lost a HoF QB for 2 draft spots? Awesome... :dunno:

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

But they had to give up their first.  So they didn’t really get a first. They moved up two spots and may get a first next year. 

They got a 1st next year if he plays 65% of snaps...

Like I said they got a 1st and 2nd unless he gets injured.   Plus moved up 2 spots.  Is it a stand alone 1st with no conditions? No.  But odds are he pLys 65% of snaps.

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

They got a 1st next year if he plays 65% of snaps...

And if he does I don’t think it’s going to be a very high first. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

And if he does I don’t think it’s going to be a very high first. 

Did my post that got laughed at say it would be such and such a 1st?   I said whats fair a 1st and 2nd? You talk to many people and they laughed at the idea.  Though my maybe a single 2nd round pick.  

I concede that it isn't a true 1st as it has stipulations.   So maybe I was wrong.  But odds are GB gets a 1st and 2nd round pick from the Jets.  Close enough.