Sign in to follow this  
TimHauck

NC Republicans introduce bill to ban participation trophies

https://webservices.ncleg.gov/ViewBillDocument/2023/2762/0/DRS45207-MV-17

1) seems like a weird priority to have right now

2) there is no age minimum.  I guess I could see doing this for like ages 10 and up, but I don’t see much downside and probably more upside to doing it for the younger ages.  It’s not like participation trophies are a new thing.  I’m almost 40 and I know participation trophies have been around since before I was a kid.

For the GOP the culture war is the priority.  No abortions, no drag, no books, no gay, no participation trophy's, etc.  That is their agenda.

Forget inflation, forget taxes, forget school shootings, forget child labor laws, forget child marriage.

Reagan is spinning in his grave.

• Like 4

I’m down with the culture war, they started it.  Culture is important and ours is being eroded.  This is stupid though.  

23 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

2) there is no age minimum.  I guess I could see doing this for like ages 10 and up, but I don’t see much downside and probably more upside to doing it for the younger ages.  It’s not like participation trophies are a new thing.  I’m almost 40 and I know participation trophies have been around since before I was a kid.

Gen Z is the prime example of why you want to do it at younger ages.  I mean, c'mon.  You serious, Parker?

16 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

For the GOP the culture war is the priority.  No abortions, no drag, no books, no gay, no participation trophy's, etc.  That is their agenda.

Forget inflation, forget taxes, forget school shootings, forget child labor laws, forget child marriage.

The culture war is a priority because YOU and YOUR SIDE made it a priority.  You act as if this came out of nowhere.   Don't blame this on the right.  You guys are SOLELY responsible for this.

Are you f'n retard?

20 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I think YOUR PRESIDENT already F'd all that up. 

Also I took think participation trophies are stupid.  Kids need to learn how to lose and learn that you only get rewarded for effort and achievement.

But, we don't need the govt to outlaw it.  Republicans want the govt in our private lives as long as it promotes how they want people to live.

Im old enough to remember when Republicans supported freedom and leaving the govt out of people's lives.

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Also I took think participation trophies are stupid.  Kids need to learn how to lose and learn that you only get rewarded for effort and achievement.

But, we don't need the govt to outlaw it.  Republicans want the govt in our private lives as long as it promotes how they want people to live.

Im old enough to remember when Republicans supported freedom and leaving the govt out of people's lives.

This is stupid. Not nearly as stupid as cashless bail. One means almost nothing. The other gets people hurt and sometimes killed. 

2 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Gen Z is the prime example of why you want to do it at younger ages.  I mean, c'mon.  You serious, Parker?

Yes, I am.

For little kids, sports should be about having fun, not winning.  Then you can get serious once you’re older.

Fortunately I’m seeing a lot of Millenial parents (including those who were elite athletes themselves), who now have kids in sports, realize this.   Ben Askren is a good example in wrestling, he runs a kids club and is very outspoken against parents/coaches that put too much emphasis on winning for young athletes.

5 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

For the GOP the culture war is the priority.  No abortions, NO DRAG, no books, no gay, no participation trophy's, etc.  That is their agenda.

Why is shoving grown men’s nuts in the face of kids such a priority/necessity for you and your kind? Disgusting 

5 hours ago, TimHauck said:

The downside is people of NC paid this guy to write a bill about participation trophies...WTF?

• Sad 1

Gutterboy is upset because if it wasn't for participation trophies he wouldn't have any trophies at all.

19 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

The downside is people of NC paid this guy to write a bill about participation trophies...WTF?

Yeah cause they wouldn't have paid him otherwise :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

3 guys actually.  Although the main one seems to be this guy, who probably also needed participation trophies to get any at all

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Moffitt

I heard they’re also going to pass a bill banning grown men from showering with the neighborhood children. They’re coming for you, Tim. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Strike said:

Gutterboy is upset because if it wasn't for participation trophies he wouldn't have any trophies at all.

They're taking away a sizeable portion of his income from posing for trophies. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yeah cause they wouldn't have paid him otherwise :rolleyes:

He could have been paid for legislation fixing roads or anything that would benefit the people he represents. 

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

He could have been paid for legislation fixing roads or anything that would benefit the people he represents. 

Yeah, because he and his staff are incapable of drafting TWO pieces of legislation.  Do you know how dumb this sounds?   But, to your point, legislatures were much more effective when they were part time and it wasn't their full time gig.  CA's deterioration can basically be traced back to when they transitioned from a part time legislature where the representatives had real jobs most of the time to a full time legislature that fills their days crafting meaningless and/or harmful bills who's ramifications they can't foresee since they don't work real jobs.  But that has nothing to do with the fact that his guy is getting paid regardless, and his crafting of this bill doesn't prevent him from simultaneously crafting other bills.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Yeah, because he and his staff are incapable of drafting TWO pieces of legislation.  Do you know how dumb this sounds?   But, to your point, legislatures were much more effective when they were part time and it wasn't their full time gig.  CA's deterioration can basically be traced back to when they transitioned from a part time legislature where the representatives had real jobs most of the time to a full time legislature that fills their days crafting meaningless and/or harmful bills who's ramifications they can't foresee since they don't work real jobs.  But that has nothing to do with the fact that his guy is getting paid regardless, and his crafting of this bill doesn't prevent him from simultaneously crafting other bills.

So he could have drafted something for roads and something else that was productive instead of pointless?  Do you know how dumb it sounds that you are defending something so worthless with "they can do two things as once"?  You are tacitly admitting his proposal isn't as important as other things he could propose. 

Nothing else you said was germane to my point. 

I'm all in on a culture war. It is one of the single most important things this country needs from the conservatives in coordination with all the other shlt liberals introduce in to this once great nation.

Look at the way all these pansy liberal "guys" on this site alone turned out. It's a shame how weak and feminized and flat out ignorant and watered down the liberals have made this country. It's no coincidence a weak, frail, liberal princess of a poster started this thread and good for nothing liberal followers like honcho and gutterpedo jumped right in to defend.  

It's sad really. Male kids in this country need to grow into men, not liberals.

1 hour ago, seafoam1 said:

I'm all in on a culture war. It is one of the single most important things this country needs from the conservatives in coordination with all the other shlt liberals introduce in to this once great nation.

Look at the way all these pansy liberal "guys" on this site alone turned out. It's a shame how weak and feminized and flat out ignorant and watered down the liberals have made this country. It's no coincidence a weak, frail, liberal princess of a poster started this thread and good for nothing liberal followers like honcho and gutterpedo jumped right in to defend.  

How would you define a real man?

14 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

How would you define a real man?

A real man is someone who protects children. Not some sick Fock that fantasizes about having his kids teabagged and straddled by a tranny stripper during story time at school. 

Hope that helps 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crestwood 2 said:

A real man is someone who protects children. Not some sick Fock that fantasizes about having his kids teabagged and straddled by a tranny stripper during story time at school. 

Hope that helps 

Ok well that's 99.999% of males

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crestwood 2 said:

Hope that helps 

What does this have to do with 5 year olds not being allowed to get participation trophies?

3 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

I’m pretty confident I was a better athlete than you

14 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

The culture war is a priority because YOU and YOUR SIDE made it a priority.  You act as if this came out of nowhere.   Don't blame this on the right.  You guys are SOLELY responsible for this.

Are you f'n retard?

Oh, he is retarded. His comment proved it 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Yes, I am.

For little kids, sports should be about having fun, not winning.  Then you can get serious once you’re older.

Fortunately I’m seeing a lot of Millenial parents (including those who were elite athletes themselves), who now have kids in sports, realize this.   Ben Askren is a good example in wrestling, he runs a kids club and is very outspoken against parents/coaches that put too much emphasis on winning for young athletes.

It's about having fun. You don't need a stupid trophy for that. 

6 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I’m pretty confident I was a better athlete than you

Jie Walsh understands you.

Sometimes, I can't help the feeling that I'm
Living a life of illusion
And oh, why can't we let it be
And see through the hole in this wall of confusion
I just can't help the feeling, I'm living a life of illusion

Pow! Right between the eyes
Oh, how nature loves her little surprises
Wow, it all seems so logical now
It's just one of her better disguises
And it comes with no warning, nature loves her little surprises
Continual crisis

Hey, don't you know it's a waste of your day
Caught up in endless solutions
That have no meaning
Just another hunch
Based upon jumping conclusions
Caught up in endless solutions
Backed up against a wall of confusion
Living a life of illusion
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, t.j. booker said:

:cry: 

Don't worry buddy.  The bill doesn't ban buffets.

Good. Wouldn’t want kids to feel good about themselves. :thumbsup: 

13 hours ago, jonnyutah said:

It's about having fun. You don't need a stupid trophy for that. 

Why do we even need trophies at all?