GutterBoy

Cancel Bud Light! Maga Hissy Fit!

3 minutes ago, Grace Under Pressure said:

What a stupid mistake by a company that should have no interest in getting involved with the culture wars, really an absolutely dumb move. No one asked for this. The employees/executives who made those decisions should absolutely be fired. I can't recall a stupider decision by a company in recent times, hell maybe ever. 

It was just a single can with Mulvaney's face on it.  It was a commemorative can that was a gift.  I don't know why everyone overreacted so much.

3 minutes ago, Grace Under Pressure said:

What a stupid mistake by a company that should have no interest in getting involved with the culture wars, really an absolutely dumb move. No one asked for this. The employees/executives who made those decisions should absolutely be fired. I can't recall a stupider decision by a company in recent times, hell maybe ever. 

Will definitely go down as one of the dumbest marketing moves in product history.   Now, I agree that this may pass, lots of protests seem to.  This one, for whatever reason, seems to still have very strong legs.  It won't go away quickly.  And the thing is, brand loyalty is important to beer.  Almost as much as cigs.  All those bud light drinkers who switched?  They aren't coming back.   Let's face it.  Bud light doesn't have some great taste that makes it better than miller lite or coors lite or any of those other competitors.  Guys will switch, and that's that.  

This is why I feel Bud Light may be a dead brand in a year or two.  I could be wrong.   Fundamentally it doesn't matter to me.  I don't drink that swill anyway.   But I am going to be very interested to see how long this thing lasts.

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It was just a single can with Mulvaney's face on it.  It was a commemorative can that was a gift.  I don't know why everyone overreacted so much.

From a business perspective, that's even worse. They risked alienating their core customers for what? To appeal to a 0.1% of the population? What did they see as the upside here?

5 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Will definitely go down as one of the dumbest marketing moves in product history.   Now, I agree that this may pass, lots of protests seem to.  This one, for whatever reason, seems to still have very strong legs.  It won't go away quickly.  And the thing is, brand loyalty is important to beer.  Almost as much as cigs.  All those bud light drinkers who switched?  They aren't coming back.   Let's face it.  Bud light doesn't have some great taste that makes it better than miller lite or coors lite or any of those other competitors.  Guys will switch, and that's that.  

This is why I feel Bud Light may be a dead brand in a year or two.  I could be wrong.   Fundamentally it doesn't matter to me.  I don't drink that swill anyway.   But I am going to be very interested to see how long this thing lasts.

Yup, this is where I'm at as well. Brand loyalty for domestic mass-produced beer is probably everything from a marketing perspective (along with price to some extent, but brand loyalty for sure). 

1 minute ago, Grace Under Pressure said:

From a business perspective, that's even worse. They risked alienating their core customers for what? To appeal to a 0.1% of the population? What did they see as the upside here?

I guess I don't see how they alienated anyone.  Why is everyone so damn soft?

• Like 2

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

It's like sports.  People are sick of sports leagues inserting politics in to what is supposed to be a time to get away from all that.  Even Phil Jackson says the NBA has become too political.  Same with beer.  People don't drink beer to think about politics. 

1 minute ago, Strike said:

It's like sports.  People are sick of sports leagues inserting politics in to what is supposed to be a time to get away from all that.  Even Phil Jackson says the NBA has become too political.  Same with beer.  People don't drink beer to think about politics. 

I can see that but this wasn't directed at the general public.  This was a small thing that others blew up by spreading it on social media.  It's not like Bud Light had a commercial during March Madness showing this can.  It's stupid.  It's petty.  It's childish.  Grow up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Here's the thing. If those executives wanted to reach out to Mulvaney in a personal capacity to show support, great. Show the individual your personal support.

But when you use a brand with a long-standing tradition and a loyal customer base to do it? That's too far. The marketing executives used the brand and tacitly those loyal customers in a way they should not have. They betrayed their responsibility to the customers and the shareholders to make a political point over a controversial subject. Then, unsurprisingly, people took it upon themselves to gin up outrage for their own reasons. Was it over the top? Maybe. Was it worth it to the brand? I think the answer is pretty obvious that it wasn't. 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I can see that but this wasn't directed at the general public.  This was a small thing that others blew up by spreading it on social media.  It's not like Bud Light had a commercial during March Madness showing this can.  It's stupid.  It's petty.  It's childish.  Grow up.

Dylan what's his name spread it on social media.  Not "others."

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

Dylan what's his name spread it on social media.  Not "others."

Dylan posted in on social media and then others shared it around until certain, soft, people saw it and couldn't handle their own emotions.  It's pretty sad.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Who should grow up? Bud Light decided to rollout a global marketing campaign that has backfired. Consumers have the right to speak up and they did. The multi billion $$$ company and its shareholders are paying the price. They are the ones losing out. Joe Schmo is now drinking Coors Light and hasn’t lost a penny

6 minutes ago, Grace Under Pressure said:

They betrayed their responsibility to the customers

That seems a bit exaggerated. 

8 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I can see that but this wasn't directed at the general public.  This was a small thing that others blew up by spreading it on social media. 

No.  It was a social media campaign dummy.  They didn't do that for no reason for a tranny nobody.  

Just now, Crestwood 2 said:

Bud Light decided to rollout a global marketing campaign that has backfired.

You may want to double check this.  From what I read, it was a single can that was gifted to Dylan to celebrate his year anniversary of transitioning to a woman.  If I'm wrong then let me know.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You may want to double check this.  From what I read, it was a single can that was gifted to Dylan to celebrate his year anniversary of transitioning to a woman.  If I'm wrong then let me know.

I don’t know what their intentions were with the campaign but it ended up getting global attention. Nonetheless, it was their actions that put this in place 

You're wrong.

2 minutes ago, Crestwood 2 said:

I don’t know what their intentions were with the campaign but it ended up getting global attention. Nonetheless, it was their actions that put this in place 

It obviously blew up in the wrong way but I don't see why it should have.  Way too many people get overly upset now.  It's annoying.

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

They had no idea that the Tranny, with millions of followers, would share this with the world? Geez, I never received a personalized can from Bud Light  to celebrate the “milestones” in my life

38 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You’re looking at it as if it’s a single issue. It’s not. Also, that dope marketing VP didn’t help matters by insulting the customers. 

3 minutes ago, Crestwood 2 said:

They had no idea that the Tranny, with millions of followers, would share this with the world? Geez, I never received a personalized can from Bud Light  to celebrate the “milestones” in my life

Of course they knew that.  It was a very specific demographic they targeted.  This wasn't some major marketing campaign with ads on TV or something like that.  People are acting like it was though.

If they gave Ru Paul the same thing 5 years ago there wouldn’t have been a backlash. Stop acting like it’s just about this idiot.  

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It obviously blew up in the wrong way but I don't see why it should have.  Way too many people get overly upset now.  It's annoying.

Because it happened a few days after the Nashville shooting.  Trannies are terrorists now

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Of course they knew that.  It was a very specific demographic they targeted.  This wasn't some major marketing campaign with ads on TV or something like that.  People are acting like it was though.

They knew they didn’t need the ads for this one. Send the Tranny the personalized can and let him/her do it’s thing on tiktok or whatever. That’s what happened and here we are 

I do wonder how many of Mulvaney’s followers on social media are actually fans and how many are righty trolls

5 minutes ago, Crestwood 2 said:

They knew they didn’t need the ads for this one. Send the Tranny the personalized can and let him/her do it’s thing on tiktok or whatever. That’s what happened and here we are 

Exactly.  It's actually a pretty good marketing strategy but for some reason a bunch of people, who weren't even the intended audience, got extremely upset by it.

6 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I do wonder how many of Mulvaney’s followers on social media are actually fans and how many are righty trolls

Like Howard Stern once said, to get good ratings you have to have the people who hate you tune in too.

I mean half of Rush Limbaughs followers and audience were lefty trolls who hated him. Without them he would have never been the #1 show on radio.

Just now, Mike Hunt said:

Like Stern once said, to get good ratings you have to have the people who hate you tune in too.

I mean half of Rush Limbaughs followers and audience were lefty trolls who hated him.

Hate watching is a real thing.  I don't see too many people doing any hate drinking though.

Hate watching is a real thing.  I don't see too many people doing any hate drinking though.

Absolutely. I “hate watch” Morning Joe and his obnoxious wife on a pretty consistent basis 👍👍

7 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Like Howard Stern once said, to get good ratings you have to have the people who hate you tune in too.

I mean half of Rush Limbaughs followers and audience were lefty trolls who hated him. Without them he would have never been the #1 show on radio.

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Yeah, obviously doesn't hurt ratings if people tune in that hate you too.   But when companies are using the person to sell a product those people aren't going to be "influenced" by the person

4 minutes ago, Crestwood 2 said:

Absolutely. I “hate watch” Morning Joe and his obnoxious wife on a pretty consistent basis 👍👍

You have to wonder what your life has come to when you purposely watch something to become hateful.

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

You have to wonder what your life has come to when you purposely watch something to become hateful.

Or you come here every day and post insults and name-calling for hours on end.

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I don’t watch it to become hateful, I watch it for entertainment👍    Kinda like why you’re on here 24/7

5 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

And don’t try to engage in conversation with me, Little Man. I’ll shut you down all day 😘

29 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Exactly.  It's actually a pretty good marketing strategy but for some reason a bunch of people, who weren't even the intended audience, got extremely upset by it.

Still ignoring the cumulative affect that preceded it.  

Mulvaney is taking over Tucker Carlson's job.

New show called Tucker Johnson

😎

1 minute ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Mulvaney is taking over Tucker Carlson's job.

New show called Tucker Johnson

😎

3/4 of this board would watch this on loop. It’s their favorite subject!

54 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

AB took swift action and made changes, you should follow up with them. :dunno:

44 minutes ago, Crestwood 2 said:

And don’t try to engage in conversation with me, Little Man. I’ll shut you down all day 😘

Suck on my balls

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Suck on my balls

Nah, trust me…. You wouldn’t enjoy it. I’m a heterosexual male over the age of 18 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Why did they choose him?

Here is the only important truth: 

1. Bud Light  tasted awful before this controversy. 

2. Bud Light tastes awful during this controversy. 

3. Bud Light will continue to taste awful long after this controversy has passed.