Sign in to follow this  
The Real timschochet

Florida passes 6 week abortion ban.

Thank you Jesus , now let’s just stop killing babies.  Sorry moms.  

12 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I’m not even sure you’ll keep Florida after this. 

??? That's exactly what Republicans want and that's a Red ass State. Republicans are flocking there by the thousands 

Just now, League Champion said:

??? That's exactly what Republicans want and that's a Red ass State. Republicans are flocking there by the thousands 

Why don’t you poll the state and see if they want this. 

Democrats only care of the method of killing people...  Abortions are good, guns are bad...  Either way, you are still doing a killing...

4 minutes ago, posty said:

Democrats only care of the method of killing people...  Abortions are good, guns are bad...  Either way, you are still doing a killing...

A gun never killed anyone. People kill people 

3 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Correct...  If guns did kill people, guns shows wouldn't exist...

33 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna78988

The Republican Party continues to self-implode. Do you guys want to lose all national elections, period? I’m not even sure you’ll keep Florida after this. 

Probably supported by 70 percent of the population.   Your worldview of reality is grossly distorted.  The only time pro-abortionists have an advantage in the polls is when it is a total ban with no exceptions for rape, incest or life of mother.  Reasonable restrictions on abortions are popular by wide margins.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Well I never miss a shot at pool but my pool stick does alot.

1 hour ago, jonmx said:

Your worldview of reality is grossly distorted. 

O, IRONY, I BATHE IN THEE!

1 hour ago, jonmx said:

Probably supported by 70 percent of the population.   Your worldview of reality is grossly distorted.  The only time pro-abortionists have an advantage in the polls is when it is a total ban with no exceptions for rape, incest or life of mother.  Reasonable restrictions on abortions are popular by wide margins.  

You think 6 weeks is a reasonable restriction supported by 70% of Florida? If so then I’m pretty sure you’re delusional. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

You think 6 weeks is a reasonable restriction supported by 70% of Florida? If so then I’m pretty sure you’re delusional. 

Why do you care so much? Where does abortion rank on your virtue scale? 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why do you care so much? Where does abortion rank on your virtue scale? 

Women’s reproductive rights are fairly high on my political priority list. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

Women’s reproductive rights are fairly high on my political priority list. 

Why? Women, except victims etc, have complete control over their reproductive “rights”.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why? Women, except victims etc, have complete control over their reproductive “rights”.  

Not if they don’t have the right to an abortion after 6 weeks. 

Just now, TimHauck said:

Was this Desantis’s idea?  Can’t imagine this will help his Presidential chances 

Not sure it’s his idea but he’s going to sign it and he is the face of Florida. 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

Not sure it’s his idea but he’s going to sign it and he is the face of Florida. 

Well then congrats to Joe Biden on his re election

Just now, TimHauck said:

Well then congrats to Joe Biden on his re election

I think that was pretty assured anyway. But now we’re talking a possible blue wave with firm control of Senate and House. 

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Not if they don’t have the right to an abortion after 6 weeks. 

They have the right and the ability to not get pregnant in the first place. Ez peezy

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Nationally, 61 percent favor banning abortion after the first trimester.  Florida being older and more conservative probably is closer to 70 percent. 

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/07/730183531/poll-majority-want-to-keep-abortion-legal-but-they-also-want-restrictions

In all, 61% said they were in favor of a combination of limitations that included allowing abortion in just the first three months of a pregnancy

5 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Nationally, 61 percent favor banning abortion after the first trimester.  Florida being older and more conservative probably is closer to 70 percent. 

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/07/730183531/poll-majority-want-to-keep-abortion-legal-but-they-also-want-restrictions

In all, 61% said they were in favor of a combination of limitations that included allowing abortion in just the first three months of a pregnancy

Do you know how many weeks are in a month?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, jonmx said:

A trimester, last I checked, is 12 weeks. Lower it to 6 weeks and how many people are in favor of that? Here’s a hint: not that many. 

Actually if you look further down Jon’s poll, it’s there: “allow abortions but only up to detection of cardio activity (6-8 weeks): “

In favor: 33%!!

Republicans are at 38%, with over 50% opposed. And the law is 6 weeks, not 6-8. 

• Thanks 1

Republicans have gained something like 750,000 registered voters in Florida since 1018  IIRC.  More people are moving there than anywhere, including Tim's California.  Why does Tim care what happens in Florida?   Worry about your own state, that is falling apart.  Don't be so concerned about one that seems to be doing well. 

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Republicans have gained something like 750,000 registered voters in Florida since 1018  IIRC.  More people are moving there than anywhere, including Tim's California.  Why does Tim care what happens in Florida?   Worry about your own state, that is falling apart.  Don't be so concerned about one that seems to be doing well. 

It’s gonna continue to do well when it’s blue again. And that appears to be inevitable after this debacle. But red or blue it will never do as well as California, which is by far the wealthiest and most prosperous state in the Union by any reasonable standard. 

And I care about the rights of women everywhere. 

43% will love this, 43% will hate this, and it will be a bridge too far for those that actually decide elections.  6 weeks won’t fly.  Florida is literally only a few years removed from almost elected a creepy a$$ drug addict democrat.

2 hours ago, jonmx said:

Sorry but you have the distorted worldview.

5 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

43% will love this, 43% will hate this, and it will be a bridge too far for those that actually decide elections.  6 weeks won’t fly.  Florida is literally only a few years removed from almost elected a creepy a$$ drug addict democrat.

Yep.  I know there is no intelligence requirement for state legislatures, so I can see any one person being oblivious, but it boggles my mind that a group of people could think it is a good idea to pass a bill which will be a death knell to the party.  It's oddly similar to the support of Trump, who can't possibly win.  It's like a huge swath of the country doesn't want to actually win, but wants to lose and then be able to whine about it. :( 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

There’s not close to 43% loving this and that’s the problem for Republicans. 

Just now, jerryskids said:

Sorry but you have the distorted worldview.

Yep.  I know there is no intelligence requirement for state legislatures, so I can see any one person being oblivious, but it boggles my mind that a group of people could think it is a good idea to pass a bill which will be a death knell to the party.  It's oddly similar to the support of Trump, who can't possibly win.  It's like a huge swath of the country doesn't want to actually win, but wants to lose and then be able to whine about it. :( 

I know we don’t agree on many issues but thank you for recognizing the political reality of this. 

I recognize, for example, that my personal views on illegal immigration are a political loser and if they were ever pushed too strongly it would greatly benefit Republicans at the polling booth. One has to accept the truth. 

15 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I know we don’t agree on many issues but thank you for recognizing the political reality of this. 

I recognize, for example, that my personal views on illegal immigration are a political loser and if they were ever pushed too strongly it would greatly benefit Republicans at the polling booth. One has to accept the truth. 

I haven't quite reached the point where I think my views on abortion are completely a political loser, those views being:  I generally oppose elective/convenience abortions but I recognize they aren't going away, so I would like to see some roadblocks (like mandatory counseling), and a realistic end date, but 6 weeks ain't it, and such moves will rally the Leftists like it did in 2022.

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

Actually if you look further down Jon’s poll, it’s there: “allow abortions but only up to detection of cardio activity (6-8 weeks): “

In favor: 33%!!

Republicans are at 38%, with over 50% opposed. And the law is 6 weeks, not 6-8. 

You don't get what that portion of the polling is actually showing.  The question is really stupid in how it is presented which is why the results are vastly different.   The reason Republicans oppose it is because they think 6-8 weeks is too long and the reason Democrats oppose it is that it is too short.  So you are getting people on both sides to oppose it but for opposite reasons.   But the vast majority of people favor shortening the period of time when abortions should be allowed, if you bother to comprehend what the numbers actually say.   When you divide up the support to particular spots, you are diluting the numbers eventhough most people agree with shortening the period.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jonmx said:

You don't get what that portion of the polling is actually showing.  The question is really stupid in how it is presented which is why the results are vastly different.   The reason Republicans oppose it is because they think 6-8 weeks is too long and the reason Democrats oppose it is that it is too short.  So you are getting people on both sides to oppose it but for opposite reasons.   But the vast majority of people favor shortening the period of time when abortions should be allowed, if you bother to comprehend what the numbers actually say.   When you divide up the support to particular spots, you are diluting the numbers eventhough most people agree with shortening the period.  

OK. You completely passed over the fact that you didn’t understand the poll you linked but whatever. 

Let’s start over: how many Americans are in favor of limiting abortions to 6 weeks or less? Pick a percentage. 

DeSantis signed the bill late tonight.  I'm not a big fan, either of him signing it late in the night or the parameters of the bill.  I think first trimester is reasonable.  I don't like how much extremism is actually becoming policy and ultimately laws.  From both sides.