Sign in to follow this  
The Real timschochet

Nobody needs to own an AR-15

5 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

The Soviet Union seized guns and then quickly returned them, because there was no way to fight the White Army could be defeated without giving the peasants guns. Later on there was no way the Nazis could be defeated without giving the peasants guns. There was never an effective time when the peasants were unarmed. 

They confiscated guns, Tim. Plain and simple, cut and dried.  It's LITERALLY in the history books.  Only when it served their purpose did they give them back - but only to confiscate them again when the threat from a foreign enemy was over.  You're revising history to push a false narrative.  You're simply wrong on this - 100%.

Just now, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

They confiscated guns, Tim. Plain and simple, cut and dried.  It's LITERALLY in the history books.  Only when it served their purpose did they give them back - but only to confiscate them again when the threat from a foreign enemy was over.  You're revising history to push a false narrative.  You're simply wrong on this - 100%.

You’re talking about a complex history and what you’re writing is not nearly that simple. Even so most of the post you’re responding to was about the Nazis because the pictures that I was responding to was of Nazis executing Jews. And the Nazis never seized guns from the Jews because the Jews didn’t have any. 

11 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Has it been a problem, tracing weapons used in violent crime? Seems to me we have very few whodunits.  Perhaps I am wrong.

I suppose for those few whodunits having a registry might be helpful, if, and big if, the crime was not committed by an unregistered weapon which criminals may well have.  Still, lets say we do have a crime committed by a registered weapon.  Are we presuming the weapon will be left at the scene of the crime so the registration will help us?  Or, are we pressuming that registration will be accompanied by a ballistic and tool markings registry with every weapon shot and the bullets categorized and recorded and the tool markings on the cartridges as well? Ii suppose that would ahve utility for catching those who don't collect their brass at the scene and who do not cahnge out a barrel.  Seems a lot of fuss for minimal return.  Not very utilitarian.  

What agency would undertake this task?  I have read you asserting we cannot prosecute 10 million illegals as the task would be too monumental.  Yet the task of registering every weapon and recording their ballistic characteristics is not?    Seems inconsistent and massively expensive for the return.  No, I expect the motive for registration is something else.  I suspect it is meant to be an inconvenience and disincentive to firearm ownership.  I suspect your motives and/or i questkion whether you have thought this through.

Regardless, if that becomes the law of the land I will comply, if the cost is not too onerous.  If the cost is onerous in dollars and time I will sue for a taking and will seek compensation.

BTW, all this is likely to accomplish in the end, if criminals and mass shooters are smart, and even if they are not smart they gain knowledge from the trials and errors of others, is to encourage them to use shotguns where the ballistic evidence left behind is less compelling.  You are not going to like that outcome as shotguns can rain down more metal into flesh than can the boogieman guns, the AR's.

Some think registration is meant to proceed confiscation.  I think it is meant to increase cost and inconvenience and will have no impact on crime.  Criminals, those rascals, they just don't seem to care what the laws are.

How’s about incredibly severe penalties for gun crimes? I’d say that was the main push behind curbing drunk driving and it seems to have helped there.

8 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Of course they wish they had. Of course I get that. When people face extermination any weapon is helpful. Nonetheless the notion that rifles of any kind will protect you against a determined government is nonsense. What protects you is our democratic system, and trust in law enforcement. 

And the riots that go unpoliced? 

6 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

You’re talking about a complex history and what you’re writing is not nearly that simple. Even so most of the post you’re responding to was about the Nazis because the pictures that I was responding to was of Nazis executing Jews. And the Nazis never seized guns from the Jews because the Jews didn’t have any. 

Complex history is still history and doesn't mean revisionist history like you're doing here.  They literally confiscated guns.  Stop making things up to push your narrative.

You're wrong - 100%.  That's undeniable and iirrefutable.

On 5/1/2023 at 8:25 PM, The Real timschochet said:

If you had asked me 20 years ago I would have agreed with you that it’s too difficult to oversee this. But with today’s technology it would be pretty easy IMO. The government sets up a national registry and then tells every gun owner they have 60 days to register their guns online. Naturally some will refuse, but you just want them that there is a fine if they refuse, and if they are caught with an unregistered gun the police have the right to seize it. Easy peasy.

So this is not about having ballistic registries to help solve crime?  This is about registering guns and gun owners.  

What will this look like?  I log into the government site. ( seems to handicap the poor who may not have the internet access I do.)  I fill out my name, my address, I presumably present government I.D. for some sort of scan.  (Again, the poor who sometimes are argued as being unable to get government issued I.d. may be made vulnerable, but O.K.).  I then input the serial numbers for each of my guns, or do I scan in a picture?  Now in the 60 day window every other gun owner attempts to do the same.  That is a lot of data entry, but let's pretend it does not overwhelm the system. (What are there, 120 million gun owneres with half a biliion guns, seems overwhelming, but o.K.  maybe you will revise your time line to 120 days so only a million per day have to register their three or so guns, on average) What happens next?  Do I have to pay a fee for the work I have just done for the government?  What would it be?  Would it be yearly and if so why if I have changed nothing in my status?  Would the fee be per type of gun or the total number I have?  I would like to know what it is you are proposing.  I would like to know what it is you claim the majority of the country supports.  If you don't have the specifics of your proposal I don't see how you can claim that any others agree with you.  Would you be so kind as to take a minute and share your thoughts.  You often say you are here for discussion, well then discuss.

Are you solving crimes and preventing tragedies or are you creating new administrative crimes for those who do not comply?

I grew up in North Carolina, had my first shotgun at age 12 bird hunting with my dad and uncle. There has always been at least one type of gun in the place I lived my whole life, right now just one shotgun (home protection).  My brother is more of a gun aficionado than I and we go shooting from time to time, he has an AR-15.  The reason I Iead with that is I'm not "scared" of guns.  

I'm pro 2nd amendment but there is and has to be a line in the sand.  We've established that as a society....All you people trying to ban guns are not only UN-American but unrealistic. This topic has to have a middle ground.....

4 hours ago, DonS said:

I think I need an AR-15. 

After spreading bark all weekend I need to take out the focking squirrels that are digging holes everywhere looking for non-existent nuts. :mad:

Pretty simple feat with a BB gun. 

9 hours ago, thegeneral said:

How’s about incredibly severe penalties for gun crimes? I’d say that was the main push behind curbing drunk driving and it seems to have helped there.

I think much of that is baked into the system already, but I would support harsher penalties for such crimes.  We can make armed robbery and assualt with a gun a higher degree of a felony than the same crimes committed with a bludeon.  i am good with that.  i don't really see the need for the distinction, but O.K.

2 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

I think much of that is baked into the system already, but I would support harsher penalties for such crimes.  We can make armed robbery and assualt with a gun a higher degree of a felony than the same crimes committed with a bludeon.  i am good with taht.  i don't really see the need for the distinction, but O.K.

Start there. The worst case is scum bags go away longer.

3 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Start there. The worst case is scum bags go away longer.

I am O.K. with that.  I would like to see them go away longer and do sentences that are nearly, but not quite cruel, and nearly, but not quite unusual.  I wonder how that would work with some of the D.A.'s this country has elected but that is an aside for another thread, probably.  

16 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I love PSA.  For the money, you can’t beat the Daggers.  I’ve given several as gifts for first time gun owners.

I'll take a few links for the daggers you prefer. If you don't mind? I'd like to see them.

19 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Pretty simple feat with a BB gun. 

No sh1t Sherlock. I was making a joke. 

15 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I'll take a few links for the daggers you prefer. If you don't mind? I'd like to see them.

This is my favorite.  It’s a Glock gen3 clone and these things pretty much shoot themselves.  

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-dagger-compact-9mm-pistol-with-extreme-carry-cuts-black-dlc.html

Throw on a good set of tritium night micro dot sights and it’s a tough combo to beat for the price

• Like 1

I'm anxious to see the crime-fighting effect of registration.

Detective:  do we know what type of cartridge it was?

Lab tech: a .223, sir.

Detective to squad:  Good, we have narrowed it down.  Now let's check the gun registry and systematically interview each of the 25 million citizens who own a weapon chambered in .223.

Squad:  Thank God folks like Tim and the milions he speaks for pushed for gun registration.

Rookie:  But Detective, what if it is a criminal with an unregistered gun that did this?

Detective: Well then we will tack on a misdemeanor failure to register charge.  But let's not get ahead of ourselves here.  We have 25 million interviews to conduct to exclude those suspects.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Engorgeous George said:

All guns are fully registered, and there is far less gun crime than here. Which proves, at least to me, that gun crimes ar

Democrat run 

8 hours ago, thegeneral said:

I fully agree General but it's hard to do that when Democratic run Cities are going the opposite route. Less police, shorter penalties for violent crimes, etc. If you believe what you just said then you'd be a Republican by now. 

• Like 2

The beauty of gun lefislation is the same thing as it was for anything elsee the government decides to strip away, it just makes it more valuable and profitable.  So if you have, definitely hold because the market will boom of they try anything. 

What's the difference between a AR-15 and a liberal?

AR-15 only has one trigger.

• Haha 2

So I see Mr. "I'm here for thoughtful discussion" bails again when he asserts a position not well thought out.  Typical.  He did the same thing in the immigration thread where he argued, unwittingly, that conviction rates are reflective of crime rates.  My pops would call Tim a blowhard. 

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

So I see Mr. "I'm here for thoughful discussion" bails again when he asserts a position not well thought out.  Typical.  He did the same thing in the immigration thread where he argued, unwittingly, that conviction rates are reflective of crime rates.  My popos would call Tim a blowhard. 

Really? 

I stated my position at the beginning of the thread. There were a few cogent rebuttals (not many) and I responded to them. Not sure what else I should do at this point. Repeating myself serves no good purpose. 

24 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Really? 

I stated my position at the beginning of the thread. There were a few cogent rebuttals (not many) and I responded to them. Not sure what else I should do at this point. Repeating myself serves no good purpose. 

All of your stated "positions" suck. You are batting 1.000 so far. 

42 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Really? 

Blowhard

"Nobody needs to own an AR-15" is a terrible argument.  The thread was trash from the start.

There are really only 3 things we all need:

1) Shelter

2) Water

3) Food

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

"Nobody needs to own an AR-15" is a terrible argument.  The thread was trash from the start.

There are really only 3 things we all need:

1) Shelter

2) Water

3) Food

ideally that is true. But in reality, it depends where you live. Some places if you aren't armed or protected in some manner, then you need to be armed or protected too. 

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

Really? 

I posted a million videos in here showing EXACTLY why people needs guns, whether it's an AR-15 or other. Have you not seen the violent animals that exist in their Country, mainly Democratic Cities? You'd be a fool not to carry in those States. 

On 4/29/2023 at 2:42 PM, The Real timschochet said:

Whether it should be legal or not to own one is a different question which I go back and forth on, but according to this poll: 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/interactive/2023/american-ar-15-gun-owners/?itid=hp-top-table-main_p001_f002

gun owners claim they need it for “self-defense”. And that is such bullsh!t. You don’t need it for self defense, you don’t need it to hunt. Such crap. 

According to the poll, most folks who own such a weapon are white males between 40-65. Big focking surprise. So my guess is the biggest reason they own one went unsaid in the poll:

Pen!s envy. 

no one needs anything except food and water. What's your point soy boy?

Just now, joneo said:

gun owners claim they need it for “self-defense”. And that is such bullsh!t.

Until you need it??? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

Really? 

First, you, above almost all others are all about repeating yourself.  I agree it serves no good purpose, yet it is central to who and what you are.

Next, you advocated for registration.  I asked what that would accomplish.  You did what you often do which was to state that it is supported by others. That is not a rationale, it is a poor justification.  I made efforts to pry out why registyration would have value.  I presented arguments, theories.  You ran.  You say, reperatedly, you are here for discussion but you ran. You often do when the heat gets too hot in the kitchen.  You are not worth of my time any longer.  Frankly you never were.  

The unexamined life ... 

You pretend to examine yours, yet you lack the ability to be honest even with yourself.

• Like 1

Standard Liberal Doctrine " "We did something!  We are so virtuous and smarter than anyone else!"

Response : Its not working

Liberal : Reupublicans....

🤣

On 4/29/2023 at 2:42 PM, The Real timschochet said:

Whether it should be legal or not to own one is a different question which I go back and forth on, but according to this poll: 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/interactive/2023/american-ar-15-gun-owners/?itid=hp-top-table-main_p001_f002

gun owners claim they need it for “self-defense”. And that is such bullsh!t. You don’t need it for self defense, you don’t need it to hunt. Such crap. 

According to the poll, most folks who own such a weapon are white males between 40-65. Big focking surprise. So my guess is the biggest reason they own one went unsaid in the poll:

Pen!s envy. 

An AR-15 is needed to handle animals like these.

5 hours ago, Engorgeous George said:

First, you, above almost all others are all about repeating yourself.  I agree it serves no good purpose, yet it is central to who and what you are.

Next, you advocated for registration.  I asked what that would accomplish.  You did what you often do which was to state that it is supported by others. That is not a rationale, it is a poor justification.  I made efforts to pry out why registyration would have value.  I presented arguments, theories.  You ran.  You say, reperatedly, you are here for discussion but you ran. You often do when the heat gets too hot in the kitchen.  You are not worth of my time any longer.  Frankly you never were.  

The unexamined life ... 

You pretend to examine yours, yet you lack the ability to be honest even with yourself.

💥

8 hours ago, League Champion said:

Until you need it??? 

uhhhh....it shows you quoted me but I didn't say that.