Sign in to follow this  
GutterBoy

14yo shot playing hide and seek

A 14-year-old was shot in the head as she played hide and seek, Louisiana deputies say. Now a neighbor is facing multiple charges.

Several kids were playing in the area and used a neighbor’s property to hide, according to the sheriff’s office. The property owner, identified as Doyle, told deputies he went inside and grabbed his gun after he saw shadows outside his home, the release said. Doyle said when he went back outside, he saw several people running from his property and opened fire.

Read more at: https://www.sunherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article275197271.html#storylink=cpy

Can't ring doorbells, can't turn around in a driveway, can't play outside, can't go to school, can't go to the mall.

Let's continue to do nothing.

• Sad 1

I remember when I was young and we could explore all day, ride our bikes, go swimming just everything...

Of course, we did not damage property, steal, act like focking criminals.....so people had no issue with us. And there were plenty of police who picked up the bad folks and there was no issue putting them away.

Different time....

Dude got arrested. Should have tried "get off my lawn" first.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Voltaire said:

Dude got arrested. Should have tried "get off my lawn" first.

That would have been the better approach.  🤷‍♂️

25 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

A 14-year-old was shot in the head as she played hide and seek, Louisiana deputies say. Now a neighbor is facing multiple charges.

Several kids were playing in the area and used a neighbor’s property to hide, according to the sheriff’s office. The property owner, identified as Doyle, told deputies he went inside and grabbed his gun after he saw shadows outside his home, the release said. Doyle said when he went back outside, he saw several people running from his property and opened fire.

Read more at: https://www.sunherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article275197271.html#storylink=cpy

Can't ring doorbells, can't turn around in a driveway, can't play outside, can't go to school, can't go to the mall.

Let's continue to do nothing.

Again what is your solution?  A little tougher background check takes this one out of play? 

Maybe if crime wasn't such a problem in this country then people wouldn't be on such an edge.  

The swiss have a shlitload of guns but their society isn't full of criminals looking to rob steal kill.  

Again this goof shouldn't be shooting at shadows running away.  You are taught this stuff hunting.  He should be charged accordingly.  

5 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Again what is your solution?  A little tougher background check takes this one out of play? 

Maybe if crime wasn't such a problem in this country then people wouldn't be on such an edge.  

The swiss have a shlitload of guns but their society isn't full of criminals looking to rob steal kill.  

Again this goof shouldn't be shooting at shadows running away.  You are taught this stuff hunting.  He should be charged accordingly.  

I've already talked about the need for tougher gun control and better mental health services.  Related to this case in particular, I believe that a certain segment of society has been trained to be scared of everything thanks for 24/7 news cycle and social media.  We've seen this recently, scared old white people trained to rely on their guns for safety 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I've already talked about the need for tougher gun control and better mental health services.  Related to this case in particular, I believe that a certain segment of society has been trained to be scared of everything thanks for 24/7 news cycle and social media.  We've seen this recently, scared old white people trained to rely on their guns for safety 

If someone born with a dlck thinks they are a female you don’t think they have mental illness.  
What qualifies someone as mentally I’ll in your world?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Alias Detective said:

If someone born with a dlck thinks they are a female you don’t think they have mental illness.  
What qualifies someone as mentally I’ll in your world?

Oh here we go again with the tranny talk, always with you.

For the record, I do think that many people with gender dysphoria do have a mental illness, as does a large segment of the population.

I think this problem goes away if we ban Liberals.  I mean, we don't need them.  They should be forced to go live in Canada, Venezuela, Cuba, Russia, and China where they can live in their government controlled / gunless utopias.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

I think this problem goes away if we ban Liberals.  I mean, we don't need them.  They should be forced to go live in Canada, Venezuela, Cuba, Russia, and China where they can live in their government controlled / gunless utopias.

So the 14yo liberal should have been carrying in this case? That would have saved her?

14 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

So what needs to happen.  What prevents this?  Tougher gun control prevents this specific incident? Is that what you are saying?  Yeah there are mental issues in this country.  We have thrown more and more money at it and it seemingly is only getting worse.  

Love your agenda.  Old white people.  Lol.  You hate white people.   You would never blame (insert race) on anything.  You wouldnt utter the phrase African American violence in a Chicago thread.  But your little 24 7 news cycle makes you see a handful of old scared white folks and think there is now an epidemic.  Maybe old white people are the new greatest threat to democracy?  "Trained" lol.  Maybe old white people just see more and more drug use and shltheads out on the street.  I know the town I grew up in where my parents still live has gotten much worse.  Drugs and stealing for drug money.  When I was growing up like 20 years ago you didn't have to lock up anything.  People didn't even lock their doors when they left.  Locking your vehicle was hardly a thought.  

I actually commend you for talking about society rather than guns.  Guns haven't changed really.  Society has.  If you think gun violence is worse now look at society before you look at "evil guns".  Every household near me probably has at least one firearm in it.  No one gets shot here.  That may change as crime seemingly is seeping out into the country.  

Throw in scared old white people scared by news and ill raise ya toxic masculinity and screams of white supremacy scaring women and other races.  

So when the GC shows you countless videos of violence and intimidation on subways.  Old business owners getting beaten for trying to defend their business during the Biden riots.  Random asians and old people getting suckered in the middle of the street in broad daylight.   Black panther cult with masks on intimidating asian old business owner....that is all an illusion.  But your 5 scared white folks stories is proof of a huge problem.  Lol.  It is hilarious at this point. 

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

A lot of it is people just being scared of their own shadows. It's a bunch of people who think getting a gun makes them John McClane and they have the mentality of Deputy Doofy. 

54 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I'd imagine their particular society is also not full of brand of media that perpetuates a narrative that their society is full of criminals looking to rob steal kill.  

22 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

So what needs to happen.  What prevents this?  Tougher gun control prevents this specific incident? Is that what you are saying?  Yeah there are mental issues in this country.  We have thrown more and more money at it and it seemingly is only getting worse.  

Love your agenda.  Old white people.  Lol.  You hate white people.   You would never blame (insert race) on anything.  You wouldnt utter the phrase African American violence in a Chicago thread.  But your little 24 7 news cycle makes you see a handful of old scared white folks and think there is now an epidemic.  Maybe old white people are the new greatest threat to democracy?  "Trained" lol.  Maybe old white people just see more and more drug use and shltheads out on the street.  I know the town I grew up in where my parents still live has gotten much worse.  Drugs and stealing for drug money.  When I was growing up like 20 years ago you didn't have to lock up anything.  People didn't even lock their doors when they left.  Locking your vehicle was hardly a thought.  

I actually commend you for talking about society rather than guns.  Guns haven't changed really.  Society has.  If you think gun violence is worse now look at society before you look at "evil guns".  Every household near me probably has at least one firearm in it.  No one gets shot here.  That may change as crime seemingly is seeping out into the country.  

Throw in scared old white people scared by news and ill raise ya toxic masculinity and screams of white supremacy scaring women and other races.  

So when the GC shows you countless videos of violence and intimidation on subways.  Old business owners getting beaten for trying to defend their business during the Biden riots.  Random asians and old people getting suckered in the middle of the street in broad daylight.   Black panther cult with masks on intimidating asian old business owner....that is all an illusion.  But your 5 scared white folks stories is proof of a huge problem.  Lol.  It is hilarious at this point. 

Disconnecting from the 24 hour news cycle; distancing yourself from social media (where every village idiot can find another village idiot to serve as an echo chamber), embracing more local news sources, realizing whats happening in Chicago or NYC or Louisiana or Florida isn't exactly whats happening in your neck of the woods, knowing and talking to your neighbors is probably a good start for EVERYONE; regardless of political spectrum slant.   

55 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Oh here we go again with the tranny talk, always with you.

For the record, I do think that many people with gender dysphoria do have a mental illness, as does a large segment of the population.

What qualifies someone as mentally I’ll in your world?

22 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

A lot of it is people just being scared of their own shadows. It's a bunch of people who think getting a gun makes them John McClane and they have the mentality of Deputy Doofy. 

Looking & sounding intelligent starts with looking & sounding intelligent....fail.

People don't just start being scared of their own shadow. If they are, they have been that way a long time, would have owned a firearm for a long time & more than likely made this bad decision long ago. It was A BAD DECISION & cost an innocent child. I don't believe there is any justifiable reason to use deadly force unless there is a clear threat....which doesn't appear to be that case here. Sadly, no matter the outcome, the result doesn't change.

Your statement that gun owners are a bunch of John McClane's is moronic. The vast majority of gun owners are responsible citizens. I carry daily, have for 42 years. In that time, I've had to unholster my weapon twice, never needed to discharge it. The mere presence changed the dynamics of the situation. Having a firearm doesn't guarantee a favorable outcome in a bad situation.....in the right situation it may give you a fighting chance. Your attempt to malign a large population based on the acts of a statistically small group falls short. It exposes both your ignorance & agenda. It seems that it's YOU that s scared of their own shadow. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

So the 14yo liberal should have been carrying in this case? That would have saved her?

How do you know she's a liberal?  I wasn't talking about her anyway.  It's the vast majority of the Democrat party/electorate who need to leave.  Kids like this young lady would never have been a victim of this incident had there not been politicians, media outlets, activists, and people in general (Liberals), promoting policies that increase, promote, and condone violence in this country.

15 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

Looking & sounding intelligent starts with looking & sounding intelligent....fail.

People don't just start being scared of their own shadow. If they are, they have been that way a long time, would have owned a firearm for a long time & more than likely made this bad decision long ago. It was A BAD DECISION & cost an innocent child. I don't believe there is any justifiable reason to use deadly force unless there is a clear threat....which doesn't appear to be that case here. Sadly, no matter the outcome, the result doesn't change.

Your statement that gun owners are a bunch of John McClane's is moronic. The vast majority of gun owners are responsible citizens. I carry daily, have for 42 years. In that time, I've had to unholster my weapon twice, never needed to discharge it. The mere presence changed the dynamics of the situation. Having a firearm doesn't guarantee a favorable outcome in a bad situation.....in the right situation it may give you a fighting chance. Your attempt to malign a large population based on the acts of a statistically small group falls short. It exposes both your ignorance & agenda. It seems that it's YOU that s scared of their own shadow. 

Nowhere did I say all gun owners think they are John McClane's. I know many responsible gun owners (I am one myself) and recognize this dude was a cowardly moron. But too many people believe they are all of a sudden a dude in an action movie that is going to be in some crazy shootout when they don't have the mental capacity to understand the reality of responsibility that come with it all. 

I'm glad you got to make up a strawman to argue against though. 

Maybe you could read your own advice: "Looking & sounding intelligent starts with looking & sounding intelligent."

9 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

How do you know she's a liberal?  I wasn't talking about her anyway.  It's the vast majority of the Democrat party/electorate who need to leave.  Kids like this young lady would never have been a victim of this incident had there not been politicians, media outlets, activists, and people in general (Liberals), promoting policies that increase, promote, and condone violence in this country.

oh OK, so it's the liberals fault for promoting violence which caused this guy to shoot the kid.  What's interesting is that this rarely happens in the more liberal states.  I wonder why.

23 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

What qualifies someone as mentally I’ll in your world?

My world?  We should all agree that someone is mentally ill if they've been diagnosed with a mental condition.

44 minutes ago, zsasz said:

Disconnecting from the 24 hour news cycle; distancing yourself from social media (where every village idiot can find another village idiot to serve as an echo chamber), embracing more local news sources, realizing whats happening in Chicago or NYC or Louisiana or Florida isn't exactly whats happening in your neck of the woods, knowing and talking to your neighbors is probably a good start for EVERYONE; regardless of political spectrum slant.   

Yup

Ooh, a storm is threatening
our very lives today
If we don't get some shelter
Ooh yeah we're gonna fade away
War, children
It's just a shot away
It's just a shot away
War, children
It's just a shot away
It's just a shot away
Ooh, see the fire is sweepin'
Our very streets today
Burns like a red coal carpet
Mad bull lost its way...

10 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Yup

Maybe that's one reason I perceive that neighborhoods were safer years ago....we all new each other. I know crime is more prevalent in suburbs nowadays, for many reasons...but it amazes me that people can live next to each other for years & not know each other.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

oh OK, so it's the liberals fault for promoting violence which caused this guy to shoot the kid.  What's interesting is that this rarely happens in the more liberal states.  I wonder why.

I don't.  Liberal media and politicians are national, not local.

1 hour ago, zsasz said:

I'd imagine their particular society is also not full of brand of media that perpetuates a narrative that their society is full of criminals looking to rob steal kill.  

Oh wow.  Libs are against the media now.  Media wasn't an issue and just a conservative boogeyman not long ago.  Imagine that. 

16 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

Maybe that's one reason I perceive that neighborhoods were safer years ago....we all new each other. I know crime is more prevalent in suburbs nowadays, for many reasons...but it amazes me that people can live next to each other for years & not know each other.

Agreed.  Hell even 20 years made a difference.  20 years ago when we moved into the neighborhood, we all knew each other, we hung out, had block parties, etc.  Over the years as people moved out and in, it hasn't been the same.  Hell, my next door neighbor moved in a year and a half ago, we have yet to talk.  Honestly I don't even know if they speak English.  Years ago my wife and I would have greeted them with some food and drink, now it's just weird.

17 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't.  Liberal media and politicians are national, not local.

So with national media coverage spreading hate, why is there more gun violence in red states than blue states?

6 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

So with national media coverage spreading hate, why is there more gun violence in red states than blue states?

Because liberals are everywhere.  We need to ban them.

42 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Everyone is scared and paranoid.  Fear being fed to us 24/7.

This. Violent crime is low right now, historically speaking. To listen to some people though you’d think we’re living in a post apocalyptic hellhole.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Everyone is scared and paranoid.  Fear being fed to us 24/7.

seriously, the 24/7 news cycle is turning brains into mush with nothing but fake stories, lies, and fear mongering.  It's funny, didn't boomers use to tell their kids that watching TV all day would make their brains rot? Starting to think it must be true.

Just now, Johnny Lawrence said:

seriously, the 24/7 news cycle is turning brains into mush with nothing but fake stories, lies, and fear mongering.  It's funny, didn't boomers use to tell their kids that watching TV all day would make their brains rot? Yeah I think it must be true.

It must be ok as long as it's the news.

2 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

I've already talked about  better mental health services.  

And yet you still post.

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

Nowhere did I say all gun owners think they are John McClane's. I know many responsible gun owners (I am one myself) and recognize this dude was a cowardly moron. But too many people believe they are all of a sudden a dude in an action movie that is going to be in some crazy shootout when they don't have the mental capacity to understand the reality of responsibility that come with it all. 

I'm glad you got to make up a strawman to argue against though. 

Maybe you could read your own advice: "Looking & sounding intelligent starts with looking & sounding intelligent."

Wait, your McClane tripe wasn't a strawman to begin with?  :dunno: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

No it wasn't.

Thanks for playing. Better luck next time. :dunno:

33 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

He sticks to facts Jerry.  Lots of people...Bunch of people...stuff like that.

Home owner is an idiot and hopefully the liberal DA and the liberal Judge will sentence him to death but 14 years old and still playing hide and seek?  WTF?

2 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

My world?  We should all agree that someone is mentally ill if they've been diagnosed with a mental condition.

How, in your world, isn't a person diagnosed with a mental condition who is born with a pemus yet tries to menstruate?