Sign in to follow this  
GutterBoy

14yo shot playing hide and seek

One of the problems is this notion that we can get to a zero stupid shooting society.  It's like Gutterboy doesn't understand that even 30, 40, 50 years ago there were stupid, random shootings.  In fact, violent crime and gun violence are down today relative to the 60's and 70's.  But they start a thread for EVERY shooting they hear about, just like the news.  Of course it seems worse.  Local, individual shootings didn't used to be national headlines.  

As has been noted in this thread, the shooter was arrested and is likely facing significant charges.  You can't just go shooting anything that moves on your property.  There has to be an immediate threat. 

Bu....But.....they told us violent crime is down.    Something is not adding up. 

29 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

How, in your world, isn't a person diagnosed with a mental condition who is born with a pemus yet tries to menstruate?

I would think that someone with a pemus that tries to menstruate should be diagnosed with a mental condition, in my world.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Strike said:

One of the problems is this notion that we can get to a zero stupid shooting society.  It's like Gutterboy doesn't understand that even 30, 40, 50 years ago there were stupid, random shootings.

There is no agreed upon definition of what a mass shooting is, but by all definitions, they are on the rise and deadlier.

The research examined an era of marked increase in the number and deadly effect of mass shootings in the United States. To summarize that trend:

The project spanned mass shootings over more than 50 years, yet 20% of the 167 mass shootings in that period occurred in the last five years of the study period.
More than half occurred after 2000, of which 33% occurred after 2010.
The years with the highest number of mass shootings were 2018, with nine, and 1999 and 2017, each with seven.
Sixteen of the 20 deadliest mass shootings in modern history (i.e., from 1966 through 2019), occurred between 1999 and 2019, and eight of those sixteen occurred between 2014 and 2019.
The death toll has risen sharply, particularly in the last decade. In the 1970s, mass shootings claimed an average of eight lives per year. From 2010 to 2019, the end of the study period, the average was up to 51 deaths per year.

https://nij.ojp.gov/topics/articles/public-mass-shootings-database-amasses-details-half-century-us-mass-shootings 

We're on a record pace this year.  If you can't admit that, you're a lying turd.

4 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

There is no agreed upon definition of what a mass shooting is, but by all definitions, they are on the rise and deadlier.

https://nij.ojp.gov/topics/articles/public-mass-shootings-database-amasses-details-half-century-us-mass-shootings 

We're on a record pace this year.  If you can't admit that, you're a lying turd.

Ya ga ga bo..

Year To Date
Shot & Killed: 173
Shot & Wounded: 689
Total Shot: 862
Total Homicides: 188

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

No it wasn't.

Thanks for playing. Better luck next time. :dunno:

You turned an old man shooting kids into a bunch of cowboys playing John McClane, to refresh your memory 

Put the guy in jail, throw away the key.

Sell all his garbage and give money to family of shot kids.

Just now, thegeneral said:

Put the guy in jail, throw away the key.

Sell all his garbage and give money to family of shot kids.

Ignore violent crime in democrat run cities.

12 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Yeah, according to Biden we've had over 200 of them already this year!!!!  IOW, it's no wonder people are freaking out.  When the leader of your country is willing to blatantly lie like that it's going to affect the perception of the ignorant, simple minded people that make up more and more of our populace.

8 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Ignore violent crime in democrat run cities.

You can put anyone who shoots a kid in jail. 

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yeah, according to Biden we've already had over 200 of them already this year!!!!  IOW, it's no wonder people are freaking out.  When the leader of your country is willing to blatantly lie like that it's going to affect the perception of the ignorant, simple minded people that make up more and more of our populace.

lie?

According to https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/ we're at 208.  It's not a lie.

As we've said, there is no universal definition, and this is the definition that they use is "the foundation definition being that they have a minimum of four victims shot, either injured or killed, not including any shooter who may also have been killed or injured in the incident."

And as you can see, the number has doubled since 2014.

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/past-tolls

Just now, thegeneral said:

You can put anyone who shoots a kid in jail. 

And you will highlight the stupid shlt. Rather than the everyday happenings. 

15 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

You turned an old man shooting kids into a bunch of cowboys playing John McClane, to refresh your memory 

Based off the conversation flow at the time...to refresh your memory. 

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

Our kids educators, spending quality work time online bleeding leftist love. Great.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Home owner is an idiot and hopefully the liberal DA and the liberal Judge will sentence him to death but 14 years old and still playing hide and seek?  WTF?

Does seem an unlikely scenario in my experience.  At that age, when out after dark, we were engaged in activities a bit less innocent than hide and seek.  My personal experience does not make that part of the story untrue, of course, but I do question it a bit.  None of than is to mitigate the responsibility on the homeowner.  Shooting kids in the dark on suspicion they might be up to something mildly nefarious and kid-like remains inexcusable.

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

I would think that someone with a pemus that tries to menstruate should be diagnosed with a mental condition, in my world.

We agree.  Thanks.

6 hours ago, RLLD said:

I remember when I was young and we could explore all day, ride our bikes, go swimming just everything...

Of course, we did not damage property, steal, act like focking criminals.....so people had no issue with us. And there were plenty of police who picked up the bad folks and there was no issue putting them away.

Different time....

Yep. How far we have fallen as a society. Oh, and it's irreversible. Swirling the bowl waiting for the final flush.

Here is the conversation flow

6 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

I've already talked about the need for tougher gun control and better mental health services.  Related to this case in particular, I believe that a certain segment of society has been trained to be scared of everything thanks for 24/7 news cycle and social media.  We've seen this recently, scared old white people trained to rely on their guns for safety 

5 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

A lot of it is people just being scared of their own shadows. It's a bunch of people who think getting a gun makes them John McClane and they have the mentality of Deputy Doofy. 

I bolded the part of Gutter's that you bolded.  You responded to this with your McClane strawman.  HTH

9 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Here is the conversation flow

I bolded the part of Gutter's that you bolded.  You responded to this with your McClane strawman.  HTH

Gutter made a point about people being scared.

I added a point about how some people perceive themselves with gun ownership.

That is called a conversation jerry and one comment was born out of the other.

Sorry you are so bad at this but as always I'm HTH.

6 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

If someone born with a dlck thinks they are a female you don’t think they have mental illness.  
What qualifies someone as mentally I’ll in your world?

Yep.  How can you help classify "mental illness" if you don't even know what it is despite it literally being in front of your face?

It is LITERALLY classified as a mental illness.

4 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

My world?  We should all agree that someone is mentally ill if they've been diagnosed with a mental condition.

You don't get to make "mentally ill" classifications if you can't recognize that trannies are mentally ill.  So, yeah, you should sit this one out.  Like, forever.

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Gutter made a point about people being scared.

I added a point about how some people perceive themselves with gun ownership.

That is called a conversation jerry and one comment was born out of the other.

Sorry you are so bad at this but as always I'm HTH.

Bad at being able to penetrate your skull, mea culpa.  :thumbsup: 

In conversation Nomad took issue with your McClane characterization, perfectly normal, but you defended it and brought up the strawman (and I'm not really sure what of his post was a strawman).  Anyway, I've made my point, carry on.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Bad at being able to penetrate your skull, mea culpa.  :thumbsup: 

In conversation Nomad took issue with your McClane characterization, perfectly normal, but you defended it and brought up the strawman (and I'm not really sure what of his post was a strawman).  Anyway, I've made my point, carry on.  

Of course you aren't sure because you clearly don't know what words mean and are not that bright.

Dude- read posts and try to get the two mice that run around in your brain to fire up some synapses so your brain stops gathering dust and getting moldy up there. 

HTH

Of course you aren't sure because you clearly don't know what words mean and are not that bright.

Dude- read posts and try to get the two mice that run around in your brain to fire up some synapses so your brain stops gathering dust and getting moldy up there. 

HTH

A strange metaphor from my perspective.  i think of dust as being in a very dry place while I think of mold as being in a very wet place.  of course, what do i know of mold? 

29 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

14 year olds play hide and seek?  i am sure

My 16 year old was playing hide and seek with his younger cousins this weekend.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

Sounds like a considerate lad, entertaining his younger cousins that way.

Have'nt I also seen that tag is gaining popularity as a professional sport?

11 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

HTH

jerry is always focused on a GOTCHA and acting like a swarmy ass hole that he loses his ability to have a natural conversation.

5 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Sounds like a considerate lad, entertaining his younger cousins that way.

Have'nt I also seen that tag is gaining popularity as a professional sport?

Yeah I've seen something on Netflix, some Korean gameshow, it was pretty funny.

Also the older kids play Manhunt, as opposed to Hide and Seek.  I don't know the difference

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

HTH

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you had some very loose connection to what he said and a strawman argument.  I see now that that was a mistake.

And rest assured that on my dumbest day, sick with chills and fever and doing shots of tequila, I'm more intelligent than you've ever been.  Frankly I don't know why I let myself get dragged onto your home court for an idiot battle, that's on me.

13 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

A strange metaphor from my perspective.  i think of dust as being in a very dry place while I think of nold as being in a very wet place.  of course, what do i know of mold? 

I don't know what's going on up in his brain other than it isn't working. I was covering all my bases.

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you had some very loose connection to what he said and a strawman argument.  I see now that that was a mistake.

And rest assured that on my dumbest day, sick with chills and fever and doing shots of tequila, I'm more intelligent than you've ever been.  Frankly I don't know why I let myself get dragged onto your home court for an idiot battle, that's on me.

So you waded into a discussion and said something stupid.....got called on it...tried to double down....got called on it....tried to triple down.....got called on it....then said "Well I'm going away now- sorry you aren't as smart as me."

Jerry you looked like an idiot and lost. Stop trying to play GOTCHA when you can't handle basic concepts. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I don't know what's going on up in his brain other than it isn't working. I was covering all my bases.

So you waded into a discussion and said something stupid.....got called on it...tried to double down....got called on it....tried to triple down.....got called on it....then said "Well I'm going away now- sorry you aren't as smart as me."

Jerry you looked like an idiot and lost. Stop trying to play GOTCHA when you can't handle basic concepts. 

mooney cares about the kids killed that are unique. Not the normals that are killed by the thousands daily.

33 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Did he/him win? 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Did he/him win? 

I wasn't keeping score.  Knowing him he probably let his cousins win.

Man, we used to have some thoroughly epic hide and seek games every night of the summer. As soon as the streetlight went on, it was time.