Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

Any of you liberals give a shlt?

Or would you prefer to talk about one-offs in Texas? It's a shame the victims weren't firing back in these cases.

Year To Date Chicago
Shot & Killed: 175
Shot & Wounded: 697
Total Shot: 872
Total Homicides: 190

Murders are down in Chicago...the last three years Chicago had record numbers of over 600 per year.  Looks like they could take it down below 500 which were pre-pandemic levels.   

19 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Murders are down in Chicago...the last three years Chicago had record numbers of over 600 per year.  Looks like they could take it down below 500 which were pre-pandemic levels.   

Yeah down. No one cares about the deaths. The numbers are "down".  But in Texas!!! Someone was killed!!! 😟

13 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Yeah down. No one cares about the deaths. The numbers are "down".  But in Texas!!! Someone was killed!!! 😟

And they were white supremists, which is really scary.  Maybe Hispanic Supremist, but the white kind.  Whites invented slavery and murder and raping and stealing.  Minorities were corrupted by those evil institutions.   

If you can locate a situation with the correct mix of circumstances, ones that provide support to political ideology, I think you will find considerable caring. 

No, they don't give a Shizz until it fits their political narrative. Gun violence in Democratic Cities is bad for business, they don't discuss that.

PROVE ME WRONG LIBERALS??? 

We won't hear from any :dunno:

Remember the playbook

1) its not happening, that is disinformation, that is Republican talking points

2) OK, its happening, but not alot, its a small problem, you are just <insert term> =phobic for noticing it

3) OK, so its happening alot and in large numbers, but its been going down

4) OK, so its happening alot, in large numbers and actually rising....but thats because Republicans 

5) TRUMP!

6) You are a <insert derogatory term to diminish you since they cannot argue the points>

7) Fold arms....hold breath, OR loot/burn/protest to make it seem like your rage is more important than the problem

WASH/RINSE/REPEAT

• Thanks 4

You guys are funny.

Alright I'll bite, just because I'm sick of seeing this dumb argument.  It's a false equivalency. I'm not a liberal but I'll give you an honest answer from a non political hack.

Yes I care about the deaths in Chicago, just like a care about the deaths in Texas.  Don't want to see either of them happen.

But let's be honest for a minute here.  99% of people know they will never be shot in Chicago.  Don't go outside in certain blocks at night, don't engage in gang activity, etc, you won't be shot. At a certain point, communities need to take responsibility, right? This is conservatism, this is what you guys believe in. It's difficult to continue to be upset for people that refuse to take care of themselves. I feel terrible for the good people stuck in Chicago, but there are also lots of gang bangers that perpetuate this violence.

I can't say the same for the rest of America. The family that went to the mall in Texas and got killed except for one kid, what did they do wrong? That could have been any one of us. The school shootings, that could be the school that your kids go to, easy. Going to a bank or a supermarket is something we all do. It's supposed to be safe. So when you're shot being a good person engaging in safe activity, that's going to raise the level of concern.

I don't personally know any gang bangers in Chicago. I do know people that have been killed in mass shootings. The vegas shooting, I knew someone that died in that concert. It makes it personal. As the days go on, more and more of us will have a connection with someone who is a victim of random mass shootings.

That's the difference.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

You guys are funny.

Alright I'll bite, just because I'm sick of seeing this dumb argument.  It's a false equivalency. I'm not a liberal but I'll give you an honest answer from a non political hack.

Yes I care about the deaths in Chicago, just like a care about the deaths in Texas.  Don't want to see either of them happen.

But let's be honest for a minute here.  99% of people know they will never be shot in Chicago.  Don't go outside in certain blocks at night, don't engage in gang activity, etc, you won't be shot. At a certain point, communities need to take responsibility, right? This is conservatism, this is what you guys believe in. It's difficult to continue to be upset for people that refuse to take care of themselves. I feel terrible for the good people stuck in Chicago, but there are also lots of gang bangers that perpetuate this violence.

I can't say the same for the rest of America. The family that went to the mall in Texas and got killed except for one kid, what did they do wrong? That could have been any one of us. The school shootings, that could be the school that your kids go to, easy. Going to a bank or a supermarket is something we all do. It's supposed to be safe. So when you're shot being a good person engaging in safe activity, that's going to raise the level of concern.

I don't personally know any gang bangers in Chicago. I do know people that have been killed in mass shootings. The vegas shooting, I knew someone that died in that concert. It makes it personal. As the days go on, more and more of us will have a connection with someone who is a victim of random mass shootings.

That's the difference.

Well said. Seriously. You're making a valid case here.

13 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

You guys are funny.

That's the difference.

Agree on your points.

What is actually being done is the illumination of the fact that these people dont actually give a flying fock about murders at all.  They care about power and weilding that power to serve their socio-political outcomes.  Where we see BLM et al it is not actually about lives at all, it is about political power and manuevers.  

If we see anything rising up to the national discussion, it is because that thing holds the content for the powerful to play the game.....both sides....and people just eat it up . 

8 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Agree on your points.

What is actually being done is the illumination of the fact that these people dont actually give a flying fock about murders at all.  They care about power and weilding that power to serve their socio-political outcomes.  Where we see BLM et al it is not actually about lives at all, it is about political power and manuevers.  

If we see anything rising up to the national discussion, it is because that thing holds the content for the powerful to play the game.....both sides....and people just eat it up . 

When you talk about these people, they have both letters next to their names, right?

I give a chit. That’s why I support a national gun registry, universal background checks, and mandatory immediate reporting of a lost or stolen firearm. I also think gun owners should be held  liable if their unsecured firearm is stolen from them and subsequently used in a crime. 

Republicans tell me these are all non starters. :mellow: 

39 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

You guys are funny.

That's the difference.

Why don’t you care about the motive for the Las Vegas shooting? 

• Confused 2

30 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

When you talk about these people, they have both letters next to their names, right?

They do.  This is political, this is not party.

Politicians, irrespective of their party, should not be held as "good" or trustworthy.  We should always start from a place where they are lying to serve their self interests, and then we can be pleasantly surprised where that is not true.

This business of trusting government, empowering government.....its misplaced loyalty. 

22 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why don’t you care about the motive for the Las Vegas shooting? 

Who said I don't care about the motive?  Shut up already with your nonsense.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RLLD said:

They do.  This is political, this is not party.

Politicians, irrespective of their party, should not be held as "good" or trustworthy.  We should always start from a place where they are lying to serve their self interests, and then we can be pleasantly surprised where that is not true.

This business of trusting government, empowering government.....its misplaced loyalty. 

Agreed.

58 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Well said. Seriously. You're making a valid case here.

Have to agree. That was one of the better posts I have read in a while. 

23 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Who said I don't care about the motive?  Shut up already with your nonsense.

Cuz you don’t.  Obviously.  Seems your personal interest doesn’t amount to much.  

Well, I don't give a sh1t about fat women dancing, transsexuals invading the US, critical race theory being taught in schools, or teachers grooming kids. You know, the major talking points for a political party trying to elect a seditious rapist as POTUS. 

Also, suckfoam is obviously the dumbest, most useless fuk on this board, which is saying something. So his opinions can't really even be considered unless you're braindead.. Even the MAGA mooks around here think he's a waste of bandwidth. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

You guys are funny.

That's the difference.

Let's be honest here.  Greater than 99% of people everywhere who don't partake in the types of activity you mentioned above don't have to worry about being shot.  Despite all the hemming and hawing from you and the other Gun Control zeealots around here the likelihood of getting shot is  almost nil.  Same applies to kids going to school. 

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

Let's be honest here.  Greater than 99% of people everywhere who don't partake in the types of activity you mentioned above don't have to worry about being shot.  Despite all the hemming and hawing from you and the other Gun Control zeealots around here the likelihood of getting shot is  almost nil.  Same applies to kids going to school. 

The current mass shooting casualties don't fall within my death tolerance.  They do for you. 

19 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Study finds there  is NO difference between cities run by Democrats and cities run by Republicans in terms of violent crime: 

https://www.jsr.org/index.php/path/article/download/1371/1108/7732

Just another conservative myth that statistics disprove. 

Oh.  Problem solved. Thanks. 

3 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

You guys are funny.

That's the difference.

This is a good summary. 

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

The current mass shooting casualties don't fall within my death tolerance.  They do for you. 

Hey, I was just using the numbers you posted.  I've said over and over again that the first thing to discuss re: gun control is what our tolerance level is.  It may seem callous but we need to have a goal so we can determine what steps are needed to achieve it.  So, what IS your death tolerance level? 

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

Hey, I was just using the numbers you posted.  I've said over and over again that the first thing to discuss re: gun control is what our tolerance level is.  It may seem callous but we need to have a goal so we can determine what steps are needed to achieve it.  So, what IS your death tolerance level? 

It's lower than what we're seeing now, which is why I support an assault weapons ban, a background check on private sales and gun shows, raising the age, ammo tax, among other tougher gun control policies.  I've had enough.  Apparently you haven't

45 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Study finds there  is NO difference between cities run by Democrats and cities run by Republicans in terms of violent crime: 

No, no it didn't.  I encourage any who might have believed Tim's assertion to read the Results of this student study.  

4 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

It's lower than what we're seeing now, which is why I support an assault weapons ban, a background check on private sales and gun shows, raising the age, ammo tax, among other tougher gun control policies.  I've had enough.  Apparently you haven't

So you can't define an acceptable baseline.  Got it.  Typical. And that's why these discussions never get anywhere.  Because after we enact all your proposed reforms, the first time someone shoots up a school you're gonna be clamoring for MORE restrictions.  No intelligent human being would continue giving up more and more of a right without a defined ending point. 

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

So you can't define an acceptable baseline.  Got it.  Typical. And that's why these discussions never get anywhere.  Because after we enact all your proposed reforms, the first time someone shoots up a school you're gonna be clamoring for MORE restrictions.  No intelligent human being would continue giving up more and more of a right without a defined ending point. 

What's your number of dead kids per year that you're OK with?  Can you define an acceptable baseline?  And if we go over that baseline, are you accepting of stricter gun control in an effort to lowering that number to an acceptable level?

3 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

I'm not a liberal but I'll give you an honest answer from a non political hack.

Did you really just use the word “honest” in a sentence where you described yourself as “not a Liberal” and a “non political hack?”

😆😆😆

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

What's your number of dead kids per year that you're OK with?  Can you define an acceptable baseline?  And if we go over that baseline, are you accepting of stricter gun control in an effort to lowering that number to an acceptable level?

I'm not the one arguing for more gun control.  I understand that violent crime is significantly down since the 1960's/1970's and that the main driver of the outrage is the 24/7 news cycle, social media, and politics.  So yeah, I'm fine with the current numbers.  There's a price for living in a free society.  That doesn't mean we shouldn't do all we can to minimize these incidents, but there will always be a balance between our rights and the accepted consequences of having those rights.  So I'm willing to listen to potential reforms but not without a predefined goal.  If your stance is we keep enacting more and more restrictions until that number is zero there is no point in discussing it because we will NEVER get to zero so your stance essentially is to ban all guns.  That's a non starter.  And I say this as someone who doesn't own and never will own a gun.

1 minute ago, Strike said:

your stance essentially is to ban all guns.

No it's not, I threw out some ideas above, which dont include banning all guns.

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

Under the "Results" section... DIRECT QUOTE!

"And, when all 100 of America’s largest cities are grouped together, all violent crime rates (with the exception of rape) are significantly higher in cities with Democratic mayors."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Under the "Results" section... DIRECT QUOTE!

"And, when all 100 of America’s largest cities are grouped together, all violent crime rates (with the exception of rape) are significantly higher in cities with Democratic mayors."

You’re cherry picking. Why don’t you quote the line that says there’s no causation? 

The study states very clearly on the first page that there is NO statistical difference between Democratic  run cities and Republican run cities. What @TBayXXXVII did was cherry pick a stat dealing with the 100 largest cities- but we all know that the biggest urban centers in this country are going to be run primarily by Democrats so that statistic is irrelevant. 

If Chicago had a Republican mayor there would be just as much violence, perhaps even more. Chicago’s violence is related to its history and cultural and economic situation. Democratic policies have nothing to do with it. 

17 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

No it's not, I threw out some ideas above, which dont include banning all guns.

Yeah, but as I stated above, after we enact your "ideas" the first time there's a mall or school shooting you'll just be back with more ideas.  Rinse and repeat until the 2nd amendment is useless.  And THAT is why we need a goal. 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

You’re cherry picking. Why don’t you quote the line that says there’s no causation? 

Cherry picking?  No, I'm telling you what their results were.

Why didn't I quote that?  Because it's not realistic.  You can't come to a conclusion of "no causation" when there's a "significantly higher" rate in one group than the other.  There HAS TO BE a cause.  Even if you want to blame the straight white conservatives male (who doesn't exist in those areas), you have to have a cause.