Sign in to follow this  
Pimpadeaux

Peanut butter is my weakness late-night snack

If I were given only one food thing to have on a deserted island, I'd go with peanut butter hands down.

What say you?

8 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

same

I didn't eat much today, so I had a peanut butter and jelly sammich, followed up with some crackers and peanut butter. I focking love peanut butter. 

Peanut butter, and really all tree nut products, are banned here at the Geek Club. We have several very sensitive members whose moms are quite sure they’ll go into anaphylactic shock if exposed :nono:

• Sad 2

Cashews. 

10 hours ago, Strike said:

Dog optional?

Real talk: I hear it’s actually pretty good 👀 Worked with a few guys in the military that were Nam vets. They got served dog while over there. Said it was the most tender, delicious meat they e ever had 😅

10 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Peanut butter, and really all tree nut products, are banned here at the Geek Club. We have several very sensitive members whose moms are quite sure they’ll go into anaphylactic shock if exposed :nono:

Focking idiot. :doh:

11 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

What say you?

Are you a colonial settler? Who talks like this?

Also, a glass of chocolate milk is my late night snack preference.

10 hours ago, Strike said:

Dog optional?

He puts peanut butter in his and his cats lick it clean. 

12 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I love focking peanut butter. 

:wub:

7 minutes ago, posty said:

:wub:

I buy Jiffy or Skippy Natural. Like I mentioned PB has a lot of healthy vits and minerals in it, plus the protein.

I love peanut butter, but, you ain't living on that alone on a deserted island.

Is it true that mother's milk is the only single substance known that a person can live on that delivers all the necessary nutrients?

I think after that it's potatoes which gives you all the amino acids, but, eventually runs short on vitamins and minerals.  If there were plants and fruit trees on this island that would be the way to go.

If it's a single meal then the obvious examples would be sandwiches or pizza with a plethora of toppings.  

I’m just gonna pray that Bier is on the same flight when the plane goes down. 

10 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

I love peanut butter, but, you ain't living on that alone on a deserted island.

Is it true that mother's milk is the only single substance known that a person can live on that delivers all the necessary nutrients?

I think after that it's potatoes which gives you all the amino acids, but, eventually runs short on vitamins and minerals.  If there were plants and fruit trees on this island that would be the way to go.

If it's a single meal then the obvious examples would be sandwiches or pizza with a plethora of toppings.  

Potatoes have very little amino acids in them and sweet ones are the best for you. PB is one of the better choices to survive on a desert island. Eggs are probably the best answer.

1 hour ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I buy Jiffy or Skippy Natural. Like I mentioned PB has a lot of healthy vits and minerals in it, plus the protein.

You want protein I’ll give protein !!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Potatoes have very little amino acids in them and sweet ones are the best for you. PB is one of the better choices to survive on a desert island. Eggs are probably the best answer.

:dunno:

Potatoes are a “complete protein”, which means they contain all 9 amino acids (the building blocks of protein) that the body needs. In fact, just one medium potato provides around 4 g of protein.

7 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

:dunno:

Low on the totem pole compared to other foods, Desert Island you have all you need to flourish and be in great health with fish and fruits.

2 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

You want protein I’ll give protein !!!

Let's ask @MDC to see if this is true. 

20 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Low on the totem pole compared to other foods, Desert Island you have all you need to flourish and be in great health with fish and fruits.

So they have amino acids then, all 9 of them, unlike peanut butter.  That's what I thought.

37 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

So they have amino acids then, all 9 of them, unlike peanut butter.  That's what I thought.

I didn't say it did but has a few and also lot more protein then a Potato and not a bad choice. Like I mentioned eggs is your best choice but still would need a fruit of veg for vitamin C and potassium. 

The good about PB

Protein. Peanut butter contains 7.02 grams (g) of protein per 2-tbsp serving. This counts toward the recommended dietary allowances (RDA)Trusted Source for women of 46 g and 56 g for men, which varies by age and activity level.

Magnesium. With 57 milligrams (mg) of magnesium, each serving helps towards the RDATrusted Source of 400–420 mg in men and 310–320 in women. Magnesium is essential for health, playing a role in over 300 chemical processes in the body.

Phosphorous. Each serving contains 107 mg of phosphorus, which is about 15.3 percent of the RDA of 700 mg for adults. Phosphorus helps the body to build healthy cells and bones and helps cells to produce energy.

Zinc. A serving of peanut butter provides 0.85 mg of zinc. This is 7.7 percent of the recommendedTrusted Source daily intake of 11 mg for men, and 10.6 percent of the RDA of 8 mg for women. Zinc is necessary for immunity, protein synthesis, and DNA formation.

Niacin. Peanut butter contains 4.21 mg of niacin per serving, which makes a useful contribution towards a person’s recommended intake of 14 to 16 mg. Niacin benefits digestion and nerve function and helps produce energy.

Vitamin B-6. With 0.17 g of vitamin B-6 per serving, peanut butter provides almost 14 percent of an adult’s RDA of 1.3 mgTrusted Source. Vitamin B-6 plays a role in over 100 enzyme reactions in the body and may be necessary for heart and immune system health.

14 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I didn't say it did but has a few and also lot more protein then a Potato and not a bad choice. Like I mentioned eggs is your best choice but still would need a fruit of veg for vitamin C and potassium. 

It's a bad choice as your only food because if you're only eating 4 Tbls of peanut butter and fruit all day you are going to be peeing out your arse.  Plus it doesn't have all 9 essential acids. 

I'd much rather be eating 4-5 potatoes with fruit every day.  Fried, backed, mashed, chips.   Peanut butter and fruit casserole anyone?  No, potato and fruit casserole please.  

Plenty of potassium and vitamin C in potatoes too.  Who knew?  :thumbsup:

In addition to starch, potatoes contain vitamins, minerals, and fiber. They’re rich in vitamin C, which is an antioxidant. Potatoes were a life-saving food source in early times because the vitamin C prevented scurvy. Another major nutrient in potatoes is potassium, an electrolyte which aids in the workings of our heart, muscles, and nervous system. Potato skin contains fiber, which is important for digestive health.

7 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

Plenty of potassium and vitamin C in potatoes too.  Who knew?  :thumbsup:

Peppers as well. the protein is where both fall short long term.

Anyhow yea you would be all right for a few months living off of potatoes. My whole point is there is a lot of health stuff in PB , just like other nuts. legumes. and seeds.

People in Europe basically survived for centuries eating potatoes as their main staple.

13 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Peppers as well. the protein is where both fall short long term.

I think that even more assuredly than there being some sort of fruit trees on a island is that with no people around there would be an abundance of critters in and near the water. 

Fish and potatoes please.  Or fish and peanut butter sandwich hold the bread?

7 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Roger really pumping potatoes over peanut butter :lol:

It's a classic thought experiment and learning exercise. Tiny brain should probably continue to sit this one out.