Sign in to follow this  
GobbleDog

2023 Bold Predictions

It’s that time of year so let’s hear some bold predictions before everyone drafts and boldly predicts all their players will be superstars. A little reasoning would be nice, but hey whatever ya got.

Raiders & Bucs finish with a combined total of 7 wins. Ya don’t sign Garoppolo and Mayfield unless you’re serious about full tank mode.

Nico Collins (Wr 53) finishes top 25. Cooks left town and 3rd year Collins steps up with a massively upgraded team.

Justin Herbert will break Manning’s single season passing record of 5,477 yds. After playing with broken ribs, bruised sternum and torn labrum (still passing 4,700+) Herbert is finally healthy. The old dink and dunk OC is gone replaced by high-flying Kellen Moore.

George Pickens scores more fantasy points than Dionte Johnson. Though both unreliable due to pathetic Qb. Diontae just isn’t a #1 Wr.

Sam Howell (Qb 29) finishes top 15. Josh-Allen-Lite is flying under everyone’s radar, but won’t be after this year.

Miami Dolphins replicate ’72 Dolphins by going undefeated. 2023 is forever known as Year of the Fish.

What yall got?  :huh:

Anthony Richardson  will be the next Cam Newton and will go into next season a top 5 fantasy QB

Corey Davis Finally lives up to his draft pick, and is a top 10 fantasy WR this season with Rodgers at QB

Kyle Pitts Will be the top fantasy TE behind Kelce, mostly due to Desmond Ridder being surprisingly good this season

I'll go with the same prediction I made last year.  Go bold or go home:

Gabe Davis scores more fantasy points than Stefon Diggs.

• Like 1

DeAndre Hopkins will be a WR1 for scoring this year.

seems to be down on this guy this yeeveryone ar, but I think hes gonna have a good season.

Both Alexander Mattison and David Montgomery will finish the year as Top 12 RBs in all formats.

Dalvin Cook retires after the 2023-2024 season.

4 hours ago, polecatt said:

Corey Davis Finally lives up to his draft pick, and is a top 10 fantasy WR this season with Rodgers at QB

Wr 80 ... to top 10

:first:

That's about as bold as it gets. I'm guessing you play the lottery and don't care about boring odds like 100 mill to 1.

I don’t think Pickens out scoring DJ is very bold, been saying that for two months now.  

1 hour ago, GobbleDog said:

Wr 80 ... to top 10

:first:

That's about as bold as it gets. I'm guessing you play the lottery and don't care about boring odds like 100 mill to 1.

No, lottery tickets cost money, making bold predictions on here is free 😂

Seriously though, he was the 5th overall pick so it's not like he doesn't have some ability. He's missed quite a few games with injuries, and his QBs have been terrible.

If he is ever put up a decent season, this is his best chance. It wouldn't be the first time a player underachieved until most everyone had written him off, and then he gets in a good situation and finally gets it together.

Thannon Tharpe finally sees a Speech Pathologist.  He still won’t form a coherent thought, but you won’t feel the need to wipe the spit from the inside of your TV screen when he’s done talking.

• Like 1

Who’s that? 

Weepaws does something he never does.... he has a couple drinks before the draft and ends up drafting a QB in round 2 and regrets it for the rest of the season.   

• Haha 1

Who is this Tharpe person? 

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

Who is this Tharpe person? 

Former Denver TE, and the reason God put a mute button on my TV remote.

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, polecatt said:

If he is ever put up a decent season, this is his best chance. It wouldn't be the first time a player underachieved until most everyone had written him off, and then he gets in a good situation and finally gets it together.

Agree. Davis should finish way higher than Wr 80. That's a bit ridiculous. But he sure gets dinged up... hasn't played a full season since 2018.  Even if he plays all year, as the #3 Wr he'll probably be very inconsistent.

5 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Agree. Davis should finish way higher than Wr 80. That's a bit ridiculous. But he sure gets dinged up... hasn't played a full season since 2018.  Even if he plays all year, as the #3 Wr he'll probably be very inconsistent.

I predict Corey Davis will not play another game in the NFL 🤣

• Thanks 1

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/corey-davis-stepping-away-from-the-game-is-the-best-path-for-me

It appears that Jets wide receiver Corey Davis has announced his retirement.

Davis didn’t use the word “retire” in a statement he posted to his Instagram account after several days away from the team, but the Jets did use it on a post to their website and it would be hard to draw any other implication from a message about stepping away from the game a couple of weeks before the season starts.

“For some time now I’ve been contemplating stepping away from the sport of football,” Davis wrote. “This decision has not been easy. Although I am a deep person, I am a man of few words. I’ve been searching my heart for what to do and I feel that stepping away from the game is the best path for me at this time.”

6 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

“For some time now I’ve been contemplating stepping away from the sport of football,” Davis wrote.

Translation:  "Aaron Rodgers thinks I suck."

1 hour ago, rotisserieking said:

I predict Corey Davis will not play another game in the NFL 🤣

Jets WR Corey Davis informs team he's stepping away from football (nfl.com)

ding ding ding.   we may have a winner

15 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

I'm thinking he saw the news and then posted that very "bold" prediction.

for some reason I thought his post was early morning and the news came out later.   guess I misread.

Well so much for that one 🤣

8 hours ago, Chickie said:

The Jets will disappoint again, notwithstanding AR. The *curse of Joe Willie* lives on.

Bold predictions…not obvious predictions.

• Haha 1

On 8/22/2023 at 2:56 PM, Showboat said:

Gabe Davis scores more fantasy points than Stefon Diggs.

It'll be closer than people think. I'm rooting for this prediction.  :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, polecatt said:

Well so much for that one 🤣

whatever.   this whole thread was basically a cheap form of entertainment for bored people waiting for the season to start.

so we got a little entertainment.   that's fine by me.

10 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

this whole thread was basically a cheap form of entertainment

I'm trying to find the next Nostradamus of ff and you call it "cheap entertainment" .?.

Where are my dueling pistols?  You've gone too far, sir.   :mad:

5 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

I'm trying to find the next Nostradamus of ff and you call it "cheap entertainment" .?.

Where are my dueling pistols?  You've gone too far, sir.   :mad:

sorry bout that.   I'll try harder to be more funny.   At least if I'm funny I'll die laughing

Jordan Love scores more ff points than Aaron Rodgers

Saquon Barkley averages less than 4 ypc. 

Kyle Pitts becomes the #2 TE in FF

Deebo Samuel finishes Top 10 wr

This board will be responsible for at least one gem ww pick up this year.  

• Like 1

On 8/22/2023 at 1:26 PM, GobbleDog said:

George Pickens scores more fantasy points than Dionte Johnson. Though both unreliable due to pathetic Qb. Diontae just isn’t a #1 Wr.

It's only preseason, but I have to admit Pickett looks like a completely different person.

Week 1) 6 for 7, 70 yds, 1 Td

Week 2) 3 for 4, 43 yds, 1 Td

Week 3) 4 for 4, 86 yds

A perfect passer rating of 158.3. Amazing given how unbelievably bad he was last year.  If he does anything close to that in the regular season, I'll start seasoning the crow for dinner.

20 minutes ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

Josh Gordon gets reinstated and finishes as WR1...

was he suspended again?  Hes been reinstated and suspended a few times.  last go I thought the team just cut him.

either way that is a BOLD prediction haha

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

was he suspended again?  Hes been reinstated and suspended a few times.  last go I thought the team just cut him.

either way that is a BOLD prediction haha

Who knows.  I think I saw he's playing in the xfl or something

On 8/22/2023 at 2:21 PM, Ray_T said:

DeAndre Hopkins will be a WR1 for scoring this year.

seems to be down on this guy this yeeveryone ar, but I think hes gonna have a good season.

Washed

I’m going to give a college football bold prediction:

Coach Nickname takes Colorado to the CFB playoffs in his first season.  Shedeur wins the Heisman.  And boldest of all…neither Coach Nickname, or Shedeur talks in first person during their Heisman acceptance speeches.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JagFan said:

And boldest of all…neither Coach Nickname, or Shedeur talks in first person during their Heisman acceptance speeches.

Gobble likes your bold predictions.  :thumbsup:

1. Thursday night is actually a SB preview.   Lions break through and reach their first Super Bowl, lose to Kansas City.

2.  Tony Pollard leads the league in rushing and rushing TDs

3. Raiders are 1-10 before figuring out they don't have an NFL QB on their roster.    They throw major cash at Tom Brady to unretire and finish the season as their starter. 

• Like 1