kilroy69

Arizona is tanking this year for sure

It makes any defense playing them an almost lock to put up huge points. I am going to try to stream against them all year. Anyone else on this train?

Teams don't often intentionally tank after giving their Qb a 5-year $230 mill contract. Murray signed the deal in July 2022. Coincidentally, six months later Cardinals gm "stepped down" to focus on health.

Cards defense ranks 2nd-to-last in most ratings, so the offense is gonna have to step it up. They begin the season with Joshua Dobbs as starting Qb. A 4th rd pick in 2017, has eight career starts and a passer rating of 67.

What a dumpster fire, and there's no putting it out - Murray's cap hit balloons to $52 mill next year. 

It may look like a tank job because they dumped Hopkins, but I think the team was in salary cap trouble and given Hopkins age I think a mutual decision was made.  I am betting Hopkins didnt want to stay through a rebuild and the team didnt want to be hamstrung by his salary.

so a deal was struck to buyout the contract.

but the team was a dumpster fire before it got to this point,  this just made it more obvious.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

It may look like a tank job because they dumped Hopkins, but I think the team was in salary cap trouble and given Hopkins age I think a mutual decision was made.

Good point. Never gave much thought to why Hopkins left, but I think you nailed it.

It looks like a dumpster fire b

1 hour ago, GobbleDog said:

What a dumpster fire, and there's no putting it out - Murray's cap hit balloons to $52 mill next year. 

Holy focking shittt man. They are so focked. 

• Like 1

They are starting the rookie while Murry is out. They give no focks. 

Agreed.  I picked up WAS DEF .. and NYG DEF off the the WW for the first two weeks of the season.  I'll try to "follow" ARI until either a Team DEF is no longer on the WW, or someone else beats me to it!  (Week 3: DAL @ ARI..)

On 8/31/2023 at 11:50 AM, GobbleDog said:

Teams don't often intentionally tank after giving their Qb a 5-year $230 mill contract. Murray signed the deal in July 2022. Coincidentally, six months later Cardinals gm "stepped down" to focus on health.

Cards defense ranks 2nd-to-last in most ratings, so the offense is gonna have to step it up. They begin the season with Joshua Dobbs as starting Qb. A 4th rd pick in 2017, has eight career starts and a passer rating of 67.

A lot has happened since July 2002.

On 9/3/2023 at 3:32 PM, GobbleDog said:

Pro Football Focus ranks Cardinals o-line ... 31st.  Ouch.

I always find it funny.  teams go out and spend 200 M on a QB and then wont spend money or draft capital on decent linemen to protect their 200 M investment.

I'd say its bad football, and also a bad investment.

Kyler has injury guarantees and Cards won't risk it this year....don't expect to see Kyler play any football this season.  

Cards have Texans 1st rd pick in next draft as well....very likely looking at having 2 of the top 3-4 overall draft picks next year.  

• Like 1

I have the commanders and I picked up the giants too. I plan on streaming against them as much as I can this year. 

40 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Kyler has injury guarantees and Cards won't risk it this year....don't expect to see Kyler play any football this season.  

Cards have Texans 1st rd pick in next draft as well....very likely looking at having 2 of the top 3-4 overall draft picks next year.  

I saw that, and it’s a lot of money.  Better off setting him.  

1 hour ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Kyler has injury guarantees and Cards won't risk it this year....don't expect to see Kyler play any football this season

I'd be surprised if Murray doesn't play, who should be ready around Week 6 or 7. If he gets injured he'll have a year to heal for '24. The Cards are in real danger of going winless - killing ticket sales, merchandise and potentially losing fans for long term - especially young demographic. They need their star on the field and they are paying him a ton of money.

At this point it's up in the air if Murray is even their qb of the future despite the contract. So Cards need to know what Murray still brings to the table and if drafting a Qb early next year is the right move. I bet he plays.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

They won’t be using those picks though.  They have no money to pay the top recruits and they have way too many position needs on both sides of the ball.  I see nothing but trading down for multi picks later.

31 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

I'd be surprised if Murray doesn't play, who should be ready around Week 6 or 7. If he gets injured he'll have a year to heal for '24. The Cards are in real danger of going winless - killing ticket sales, merchandise and potentially losing fans for long term - especially young demographic. They need their star on the field and they are paying him a ton of money.

At this point it's up in the air if Murray is even their qb of the future despite the contract. So Cards need to know what Murray still brings to the table and if drafting a Qb early next year is the right move. I bet he plays.

Report: The #Cardinals would owe QB Kyler Murray $37 million in 2024, $29M in 2025 and $26M in 2026 in injury guarantees if he can’t pass a physical before March, per Mike Florio. Florio suggests the Cardinals might keep Murray on the PUP list throughout the 2023 season to avoid him getting hurt.

No chance they put him on the field. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

per Mike Florio. Florio suggests the Cardinals might keep Murray on the PUP list throughout the 2023 season to avoid him getting hurt.

"No chance" because Mike Florio said that?  Not the owner, gm, or coach... 

I still think Murray plays, regardless of his contract or Florio's hunches.  We shall see.

Just now, GobbleDog said:

"No chance" because Mike Florio said that?  Not the owner, gm, or coach... 

I still think Murray plays, regardless of his contract or Florio's hunches.  We shall see.

No chance because the numbers say it would be stupid to do so. 

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

Report: The #Cardinals would owe QB Kyler Murray $37 million in 2024, $29M in 2025 and $26M in 2026 in injury guarantees if he can’t pass a physical before March, per Mike Florio. Florio suggests the Cardinals might keep Murray on the PUP list throughout the 2023 season to avoid him getting hurt.

How the heck did that happen, so stupid of Zona.  That’s a lot of money, if I’m the owner I would make sure Murray doesn’t leave his house.  Lol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

No chance because the numbers say it would be stupid to do so. 

Since when do people, never mind NFL teams make rationale decisions?  

If Kyler is healthy enough to play I'm on the side of the equation he won't be on the couch eating cheetos.

But we shall see what the news around week 4 tells us.

Win total is down to 3.5...  

This is the worst tank job since Curtis Painter was QB'ing the Colts

10 minutes ago, Donkey said:

Win total is down to 3.5...  

This is the worst tank job since Curtis Painter was QB'ing the Colts

What games do they win? 

17 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

What games do they win? 

They have a shot at a few, I'd prob take the under

33 minutes ago, Showboat said:

Giants are saying "I don't think so, 'zona".

Danial Jones is pathetic 

34 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

Danial Jones is pathetic 

Arizona backed off with the lead. Maybe they were afraid of ruining their draft position.

37 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

Danial Jones is pathetic 

you were saying...

1 minute ago, kilroy69 said:

Arizona is tanking?

That's what I thought...

Jones is going up against a tanking arizona without baker and they were getting smoked til arizona realized they were going to win. 

DJ already proved what he can do last year, by winning a playoff game on the road and finishing 6th in the NFL in Total QBR. Now he's showing he can lead a team back from 28-7. He is a good QB...

• Haha 1

Soooooo we are all in agreement now they are tanking? We literally watched them do it live on TV. 

• Like 1