Patented Phil

Democrats Are Siding With Criminals Over Their Victims. They're Destroying Our Communities

https://www.newsweek.com/democras-are-siding-criminals-over-their-victims-theyre-destroying-our-communities-opinion-1751919

There is an obvious truth that I increasingly feel the need to say out loud: We are all American citizens. We are all entitled to the same rights and protections, no matter where we live or what the color of our skin is. The reason I feel the need to say it is that on the South Side of Chicago where I live and minister, it's not obvious.

And this is despite the fact that we are literally drowning in race these days. In the two years since George Floyd was murdered, we have had the Black Lives Matter movement, the Defund the Police movement, the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion movement, and the movement to remove ACT and SAT tests, stripping schools of honors classes and wasting valuable time on white privilege instead of educating our kids upward. The latest is the SAFE-T Act, which would abolish the cash bail system.

These movements have all been pushed by elites in the name of helping Blacks, but not one of these people has ever visited my neighborhood to ask what we think.

BEST OF NEWSWEEK VIA EMAIL 

It's almost like we have no say, like we are some sort of a social experiment, pawns without minds of our own.

That's why Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker's championing of the SAFE-T Act is such an insult. The Governor claims that his plan will make our city safer and more equitable. Sounds like a nice, sweet sentiment, doesn't it? But what about the minorities in my neighborhood who suffer some of the worst violence in America? Don't we matter?

crime
Tears run down the face of Wentworth Gardens resident Tunyona Frazier as she talks about violence in the housing complex while police investigate a crime scene where three people were shot at the complex on June 23, 2021 in Chicago, Illinois. A 24-year-old man died from injuries he suffered in the shooting and two others, a 22-year-old male and a 25-year-old male, were seriously wounded.SCOTT OLSON/GETTY IMAGES

This Democratic governor who descends from one of America's richest families will never have to see the realities of his actions on the ground. But my community will.

It is unfortunate, but thanks to decades of failed liberal policies, many of our impoverished, abysmally educated youths resort to violence. And when they do, they prey on us, American citizens who are just trying to live our lives and make the world a better place.

One of those people is my friend Carol Claudio, who works at my non-profit community center, Project H.O.O.D. (Helping Others Obtain Destiny). She was recently carjacked and had a gun pointed at her face. She truly feared for her life, because mercy is on a short supply these days in my neighborhood.

"I felt violated and helpless," Carol told me. "The police were called five times and never showed up, which made me feel as if I didn't matter. I can't even image the persons who did this not being held accountable for their actions, and being let out just to do it to someone else."

Pastor Corey Brooks in Chicago
Pastor Corey Brooks in Chicago.

It is Governor Pritzker's job to protect Carol and countless others who are overcoming incredible odds for their shot at the American Dream. Yet he plans to make them less safe, to make that dream an impossibility.

And he can hardly plead ignorance; he knows that we have had over 500 murders so far this year, over 1,500 cases of sexual assault, over 6,400 robberies, 15,000 thefts, 13,000 car thefts. And his solution is to make things more equitable for criminals who happen to be minorities?

Down here, we don't see them as minorities. We see them for what they are: criminals who must be removed from our neighborhood so that we may have peace to go to the store, to school, or church.

I say all of these things as someone who believes in rehabilitation with all my heart. For the last 10 years, Project H.O.O.D. has been rehabbing citizens fresh out of prison. Our neighborhood receives more than half of all the prisoners released in Chicago every year, and we strive to meet them all and offer them a pathway to the American Dream.

I asked my new friend, Pierre Blakney, what he thought of the Governor's new plan. Pierre was recently released from prison and he is working at our community center to prevent youngsters from following his path.

"I ended up in prison for making bad choices," Pierre told me. "I was trying to make fast and easy money to provide for my family, so I sold drugs and to protect myself, I carried a weapon." To Pierre, the thought of free bail "sounds real good from the criminal mindset because anything short of murder or treason, I know I will be right back on the streets without having to post bail. It will only lead me to committing more crimes because I haven't learned my lesson from the first crime. There was no accountability, nor any jail time, for me to reflect on my actions."

What Pierre did not mention was that his victims were mostly minorities—the very ones that our governor ignores completely.

My community has had to do what it can to take matters into our own hands. In the end, we will be the ones to end the violence, change the culture from bad faith to good faith. We will make the South Side thrive again.

We certainly can't rely on Democratic politicians to do it for us.

I recently saw a tweet quoting a lesson from the ancient Midrash that describes our leaders so effectively: "He who is compassionate to the cruel will ultimately become cruel to the compassionate."

They are authoritarian bastards.  They view freedom-loving Americans as deplorable cult members who must be deprogramed.  Today's Democratic party has all the markings of the Third Reich of the 1930s.  We are that fuking close to having a fascist state.  Wake up.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The Democratic Party is dependent on the poorly educated to even have a chance. Thus they must keep them that way. Look at many of your blue states.  Once you get outside of the cities their share of the vote drops dramatically.  And what do all those  cities have in common? Failing public education. It’s undeniable at this point. Democrats need dummies. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

When conservatives speak to black audiences, they treat them with dignity and respect as equals and adults.  White liberals, on the other hand, when speaking to black audiences treat them like retards.

Here's the WAPO leftoid interpretation of the phenomenon. It's not because conservatives occupy the high ground of colorblindness and treating people equally, it's because we don't care if we're understood. Meanwhile, the liberals who downshift and treat blacks like they're idiots are doing them a favor. :rolleyes:

White liberals dumb themselves down when they speak to black people, a new study contends - The Washington Post (archive.org)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The Democratic Party is dependent on the poorly educated to even have a chance. Thus they must keep them that way. Look at many of your blue states.  Once you get outside of the cities their share of the vote drops dramatically.  And what do all those  cities have in common? Failing public education. It’s undeniable at this point. Democrats need dummies. 

🤣

In case you haven't noticed friend, the republican party is now the party of the less educated.

Unless you're referring to blacks who make up but a small part of the democratic party.  Much larger than the republican party who outright hates blacks, but still not even close to a majority of the democratic public.

Here's the truth, the more educated you get, you are much much less likely to vote Republican.

These are facts.

28 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

🤣

In case you haven't noticed friend, the republican party is now the party of the less educated.

Unless you're referring to blacks who make up but a small part of the democratic party.  Much larger than the republican party who outright hates blacks, but still not even close to a majority of the democratic public.

Here's the truth, the more educated you get, you are much much less likely to vote Republican.

These are facts.

Yeah, and you liberal trolls are the highly educated. :doh:

Give us an 'L'! Give us a 'G'! Give us a 'B'! Give us a 'T'! Give us a 'Q'! Give us an 'A'!  WHAT's THAT SPELL?

Uhhh, you didn't ask that in rehearsal. 🤪

On 10/7/2023 at 8:49 AM, seafoam1 said:

Yeah, and you liberal trolls are the highly educated. :doh:

Give us an 'L'! Give us a 'G'! Give us a 'B'! Give us 'T'! Give us a 'Q'! Give us an 'A'!  WHAT's THAT SPELL?

Uhhh, you didn't ask that in rehearsal. 🤪

Any party that claims BeachGal, Pimpadouche, Worms or GutterPedo as some of its members is - by definition - NOT educated.  That's not even debatable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Any party that includes BeachGal, Pimpadouche, Worms or GutterPedo as some of its members is - by definition - NOT educated.  That's not even debatable.

It's so true.  

28 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

🤣

These are facts.

See, this is what I mean. This poorly educated democrat can’t grasp basic math.  Can’t seem to understand that the cities have the larger poorly educated population and the poorly educated vote democrat in those  places at a 90 pct rate. Without the poorly educated the democrats are sunk. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

🤣

These are facts.

Speaking of “less educated”… Blacks make up about 22% of the Democrat Party dumbasss.

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

See, this is what I mean. This poorly educated democrat can’t grasp basic math.  Can’t seem to understand that the cities have the larger poorly educated population and the poorly educated vote democrat in this places at a 90 pct rate. Without the poorly educated the democrats are sunk. 

Democrats/Liberals don't believe in math or science. 

"How am I feeling and how many virtues can I get today" is what they measure things by.

1 minute ago, Patented Phil said:

Speaking of “less educated”… Blacks make up about 22% of the Democrat Party dumbasss.

I was just referring to poorly educated people. That bigot assumed it was black people. 

33 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

🤣

These are facts.

Come on Wade, there are a bunch of uneducated on both sides now.  

I think there is some truth to the OP. Democratic policies are often too top down and mistakes are made. The criticism can be very well deserved, Sometimes well meaning government make things worse instead of better; Reagan was absolutely right in that regard- sometimes. 

On the other hand, Republicans offer no real alternative. Their “policy” is to simply oppose every Democratic plan to deal with the problems of the inner cities of this country which remain very real. Back in the 90s certain thoughtful conservatives promoted the idea of spending money on economic free zones in some of these areas to promote growth and prosperity. That was the last good idea to come out of the GOP on this issue. They scrapped it. Today’s conservative movement is not interested in this issue except to deny that racism against blacks continue to exist and to complain about unfair treatment against white people. This forum is filled with such resentment. And that solves nothing. 

Funding for schools in the poorly performing schools is not the problem. So I don’t know how republicans can be blamed for the poor results in areas controlled by the democrats, that have had control for decades. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I think there is some truth to the OP. Democratic policies are often too top down and mistakes are made. The criticism can be very well deserved, Sometimes well meaning government make things worse instead of better; Reagan was absolutely right in that regard- sometimes. 

On the other hand, Republicans offer no real alternative. Their “policy” is to simply oppose every Democratic plan to deal with the problems of the inner cities of this country which remain very real. Back in the 90s certain thoughtful conservatives promoted the idea of spending money on economic free zones in some of these areas to promote growth and prosperity. That was the last good idea to come out of the GOP on this issue. They scrapped it. Today’s conservative movement is not interested in this issue except to deny that racism against blacks continue to exist and to complain about unfair treatment against white people. This forum is filled with such resentment. And that solves nothing. 

You’re a leftist stooge. No facts or data just feelings. It’s why you’re constantly wrong about everything. 

“We now know that by the end of 2020, we had already hit that mark. By the end of 2020, 50% of all OZs in the country had seen investment, according to IRS and Treasury Department data. The amount of capital raised and deployed during that period was about $50 billion in equity alone, and equity is just one part of a capital stack. That means we’re safely talking about a $100 billion-plus range of investment into these communities, just in the first two years — and one of those was the pilot year without regulatory certainty, and the next was the COVID year of 2020.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sorensonimpact/2023/05/22/exploring-opportunity-zones-exciting-new-data-on-the-positive-impact-of-ozs-across-the-nation/?sh=1f1b0ff068f0

https://eig.org/opportunity-zones-brief-2023/

54 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Conservatives have absolutely no power whatsoever within Americas blue inner cities.  It’s a Democrat monopoly.  The ideas are out there (school choice being the best enable) they just don’t penetrate the Liberal bubble.

22 hours ago, Patented Phil said:

Dead people, illegals, and retards make up the other 78%.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Dizkneelande said:

You’re a leftist stooge. No facts or data just feelings. It’s why you’re constantly wrong about everything. 

You gotta give Tim props for one thing…he rarely lets facts get in the way of his opinions.  I’m assuming he’s, to some degree, a liberal elitist who is mostly insulated from the stupidity that he supports 

Not really that surprising, just look at the folks in the Israel thread running cover for Iran and Hamas.

These people hate America and their true allies.

1 hour ago, Reality said:

Not really that surprising, just look at the folks in the Israel thread running cover for Iran and Hamas.

These people hate America and their true allies.

But go Ukraine!! 🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️

Nothing like sending 100s of billions to a country whose greatest feature is their human trafficking industry. Fock Israel and their morals. 

On 10/7/2023 at 7:19 AM, Patented Phil said:

Conservatives have absolutely no power whatsoever within Americas blue inner cities.  It’s a Democrat monopoly.  The ideas are out there (school choice being the best enable) they just don’t penetrate the Liberal bubble.

Inner cities political factions are a power struggle between the rich white liberals, the black racists, and the anarcho-communists.

We have no influence at all. It's entirely their baby. 

The best we can do is live in the well-policed suburbs, to avoid getting any of their leftoidism on us. 

On 10/7/2023 at 3:48 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

It is tough to compete with all the Rhodes Scholars that comprise the GOP.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, squistion said:

It is tough to compete with all the Rhodes Scholars that comprise the GOP.

Compared to the DNC, yes, they are Rhodes Scholars.

And that's not even debatable.  That's as true as water being wet and the earth being round.

46 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Compared to the DNC, yes, they are Rhodes Scholars.

And that's not even debatable.  That's as true as water being wet and the earth being round.

Harvard 'elites'. Disgusting people.

3 hours ago, Reality said:

Harvard 'elites'. Disgusting people.

Disgusting. Harvard should be blown up. 

On 10/7/2023 at 9:30 AM, BeachGuy23 said:

🤣

These are facts.

I don’t think you understand the difference between “education” and “intelligence” :doh: democrats might be more “educated” but they are definitely dumber than conservatives 

On 10/7/2023 at 9:30 AM, BeachGuy23 said:

You forgot the rest of the truth....

More educated means less intelligent and more suspect able to brain washing.  The more educated you are, the more likely your are to vote Democrat, because you can't think for yourself.

2 hours ago, Stryker Ryker said:

I don’t think you understand the difference between “education” and “intelligence” :doh: democrats might be more “educated” but they are definitely dumber than conservatives 

It’s true. Conservatives don’t think it’s going to work out that you let people back on the sterner that have been arrested numerous times, many for violent crimes, and at the sale time defund the police.  Liberals do though. And won’t even acknowledge when their great plan fails. They’ll tell you they went to dinner and a show and they were fine. 

On 10/9/2023 at 3:53 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s true. Conservatives don’t think it’s going to work out that you let people back on the sterner that have been arrested numerous times, many for violent crimes, and at the sale time defund the police.  Liberals do though. And won’t even acknowledge when their great plan fails. They’ll tell you they went to dinner and a show and they were fine. 

What blows my mind is the left will claim it’s “racist” to hold criminals accountable. But the only ones calling blacks criminals are the left. Conservatives want ALL criminals in jail. Whites, blacks, Mexicans, Asians, Hispanics, Latinos, Indians, native Americans, etc. They don’t care about the race. They care about the people committing criminal acts be locked up. The left are the ones associating crime with blacks. Sounds like racism to me but you won’t ever get them to admit that. Same with voter ID laws. They claim blacks are too poor and too stupid to get an ID. Sounds extremely racist. Especially when you have 71% of black voters supporting voter ID

15 minutes ago, Stryker Ryker said:

What blows my mind is the left will claim it’s “racist” to hold criminals accountable. 

The methodology and toxicity you are describing is easier to see structurally once you accept that being an "activist radical leftist" is really a religion. 

It's a dogma built on being a parasite. Keep saying how you hate this country, then profit off of and monetize the platforms that allow you to spread that hate ( which could only exist in the first place based on the principles they say they want to destroy) but soak in the wealth and creature comforts of capitalism as a whole. 

24 minutes ago, Stryker Ryker said:

What blows my mind is the left will claim it’s “racist” to hold criminals accountable. But the only ones calling blacks criminals are the left. Conservatives want ALL criminals in jail. Whites, blacks, Mexicans, Asians, Hispanics, Latinos, Indians, native Americans, etc. They don’t care about the race. They care about the people committing criminal acts be locked up. The left are the ones associating crime with blacks. Sounds like racism to me but you won’t ever get them to admit that. Same with voter ID laws. They claim blacks are too poor and too stupid to get an ID. Sounds extremely racist. Especially when you have 71% of black voters supporting voter ID

The left is not going to admit something that isn't true (like that they associate crime with blacks :lol:).

And the voter ID laws do discriminate against poor people, which is not just blacks but also other racial minorities (and the elderly). I don't recall ever hearing the left claim that blacks are "too stupid" to get an ID. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, squistion said:

The left is not going to admit something that isn't true (like that they associate crime with blacks :lol:).

And the voter ID laws do discriminate against poor people, which is not just blacks but also other racial minorities (and the elderly). I don't recall ever hearing the left claim that blacks are "too stupid" to get an ID. 

How do they discriminate? 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

How do they discriminate? 

They (minority folks) may have to take off time from work from their minimum wage jobs to get an ID, which they can't afford to do. With older people, they don't drive and may not be able physically or financially be able to go to the office that issues voter IDs.