Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

TNF Discussion: Jaguars at Saints - Wk7

Gonna be an ugly game. 40.5 U/O

Dang that's a tough bet. Leaning under.

Player to not overlook, Michael Thomas. 

I don't think Lawrence's injury will hinder him much being it's only a sprain, rather than strain -- there's a difference. Also it's his left knee and he's a righty.  When it's righty-righty... it ain't alrighty. See Joe Burrow.

So Jags will probably score, but on the flip side the Jags have the 2nd worst passing defense in the league. So the Saints should also sprinkle points. But David Carr.... the King of Pedestrian stats. He's only thrown 2 Tds once in six games this year. Sounds like the Carr we've all learned to know.  There's also some o-line issues for both sides.

Considering everything.... I like the over, but just barely. I prefer Jags in a teaser +7.5. Saints have only blown out one team - Patriots. Their other two wins... 1 pt over Titans, 3 pts over Panthers.... that's David Carr for ya.

11 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

I don't think Lawrence's injury will hinder him much being it's only a sprain, rather than strain -- there's a difference. Also it's his left knee and he's a righty.  When it's righty-righty... it ain't alrighty. See Joe Burrow.

So Jags will probably score, but on the flip side the Jags have the 2nd worst passing defense in the league. So the Saints should also sprinkle points. But David Carr.... the King of Pedestrian stats. He's only thrown 2 Tds once in six games this year. Sounds like the Carr we've all learned to know.  There's also some o-line issues for both sides.

Considering everything.... I like the over, but just barely. I prefer Jags in a teaser +7.5. Saints have only blown out one team - Patriots. Their other two wins... 1 pt over Titans, 3 pts over Panthers.... that's David Carr for ya.

Man, Vegas knows their shlt when they set these U/Os. WTF on this one?

33 minutes ago, Chickie said:

Have t seen the line move yet 37.5 with no Jimmy G or Fields. 37.5 might be very generous 

Raiders/Bears. Both team owners secretly hope to lose it. Hard to cap.

Inactives - 

Jaguars: WR Zay Jones, RB JaMycal Hasty, CB Tyson Campbell, LB Yasir Abdullah, G Walker Little

Saints: OT Ryan Ramczyk, OT James Hurst, TE Juwan Johnson, T Landon Young, S J.T. Gray, WR A.T. Perry, DL Kyle Phillips

Line: NO -2.0
Total: 40.5

3 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Damn you. I just took the over. 

Jags 7, Saints 3

Saints are lucky to have two turnovers or they'd be getting stomped. Carr hasn't been able to capitalize. His throws have been inaccurate and looks a bit indecisive (like that goal line opportunity).

• Like 1

I guess I missed it but did Kirk fumble at some point? I should have 6.5pts in full ppr but have just 4.5 which sux cus 6.5 is halfway to prob his projected total. 

Jags 14, Saints 3

Marched down the field fast - big run by Lawrence (so much for knee sprain) and big run by Ettienne.  Saints need to show some life before game gets out of hand.

Let's see if Carr can make something happen.

14 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Jags 7, Saints 3

Saints are lucky to have two turnovers or they'd be getting stomped. Carr hasn't been able to capitalize. His throws have been inaccurate and looks a bit indecisive (like that goal line opportunity).

Hopefully see more Taysom Hill at QB. David Carr, is who we thought he was.

Just now, Chickie said:

Hopefully see more Taysom Hill at QB. David Carr, is who we thought he was.

The last Saints drive started out promising... but then 3rd and 3.... deep pass for some reason? Incomplete. Go for it on 4th... Carr dang near throws a pick, but turnover on downs regardless.

Saints have to try something else because between Carr and the playcalling, it's getting ugly. Some Tay Hill gimmick stuff couldn't hurt.

• Like 1

Another Saints drive... another punt. Making Jags pass defense look good.... the squad that's 2nd to last in the NFL.  Wow.

Can't get much better than this, have Etienne and it's Thursday night, off to a great start!

Calvin Ridley is a complete afterthought in this offense.  What a waste of talent.

3 minutes ago, BufordT said:

Calvin Ridley is a complete afterthought in this offense.  What a waste of talent.

They are throwing to everyone except Ridley. Agnew has 4 receptions for the love of Christ. 

8 minutes ago, rilett said:

They are throwing to everyone except Ridley. Agnew has 4 receptions for the love of Christ. 

I had Ridley on the bench until they said Lawrence was playing.  Wish I hadn’t seen that and put him in.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, rilett said:

Agnew has 4 receptions for the love of Christ. 

How do you know that's why he has 4 receptions?

20 minutes ago, BufordT said:

God he is worthless. This is not going to help my efforts to trade him. 

49 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Can't get much better than this, have Etienne and it's Thursday night, off to a great start!

He probably gets another one if Oluokun doesn't score on that pick.

Once again, the scourge that is Taysom Hill strikes!

1 hour ago, Lamb of God said:

I guess I missed it but did Kirk fumble at some point? I should have 6.5pts in full ppr but have just 4.5 which sux cus 6.5 is halfway to prob his projected total. 

Yes, he fumbled in the first half.

Olave had a go route and just stopped.  I'm sure he was shocked Carr actually threw the ball more than 8 yards down field.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, nobody said:

Olave had a go route and just stopped.  I'm sure he was shocked Carr actually threw the ball more than 8 yards down field.

Carr in on Olave's case but I think the throw was way out of bounds anyway. :doh:

2 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Carr in on Olave's case but I think the throw was way out of bounds anyway. :doh:

It certainly was.  I thought Carr was yelling at a ref because Olave got held or something because no one was going to catch that ball.

I hate TNF! My players lay eggs while my opponents' players rack up the points!

And I get to stew about it for days. Awesome.

The stat line will make Lawrence look good, but watching the game.... lots of short passes. Doesn't seem to connect much/hardly at all with anything deeper than 15 yards. All his throws to Ridley were more like jump balls into double coverage.  Also seems Trevor has happy feet. That's good sometimes and he had some good runs, but sometimes it looked like he gave up on the play rather quick.

Just my observation.

Kirk should be a weekly starter on those ff teams that own him, I recall someone saying during the summer that Kirk willbe the Jags top scoring Wr in ff.