Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

An easy $1 million or not so easy $25 million or $500 million ....

Your choices:
1.) Take $1 million tax free for doing nothing
2.) Get $25 million tax free IF you can do this:
Play RB in an NFL game behind an NFL line, vs another NFL team.  Teams are random. 
You MUST carry the ball 10 times and finish with a net 5 yds.

Your 10 running plays must come within 20 total plays by the offense.  Meaning, the other team can't just put 11 in the box.  They stand to lose something if its a pass (missing playoffs, etc)

It's in a real game, with playoff implications, so both teams are trying. 

3.) Get $500 million if you can do this:
Play offensive tackle for 1 full NFL game, every offensive play.  If you can avoid ending up the ground more than 3 times, you get the $500 million tax free. You MUST stay in and try to block.  No running backwards when the ball is snapped, etc.

Which option are you attempting ? 

Probably 1. 

I could maybe see a non athlete get 5 yards on 10 Carrie’s but I think that would be a lot harder than it sounds and risk serious injury.

3 would be impossible for any Geek.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Probably 1. 

I could maybe see a non athlete get 5 yards on 10 Carrie’s but I think that would be a lot harder than it sounds and risk serious injury.

3 would be impossible for any Geek.

3 is just dumb. lol. 

I think the biggest problem for 2...is you've got a 50% of getting injured. 

1, nobody that visits this dump is getting up after 1 play.

For the most part, we're all pushing 50 and decades removed from our greatest athletic achievements. 

10 minutes ago, MDC said:

could maybe see a non athlete get 5 yards on 10 Carrie’s but I think that would be a lot harder than it sounds and risk serious injury.

I completed Ranger School at Fort Benning and dealt with much worse than NFL lineman. 5 yards on 10 carries is easy peasy! Hell, I might even take one to the house! 

6'2" 220, I got this! 

13 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

3 is just dumb. lol. 

I think the biggest problem for 2...is you've got a 50% of getting injured. 

Yep. I think a layman could get lucky and get 5 yards on 10 carries. Odds are slim though and the chance of getting hurt very high.

Every Geek would end up on his back after every offensive snap.

21 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Your choices:
Play RB in an NFL game behind an NFL line, vs another NFL team.  Teams are random. 

Your 10 running plays must come within 20 total plays by the offense.  Meaning, the other team can't just put 11 in the box.  They stand to lose something if its a pass (missing playoffs, etc)

Play offensive tackle for 1 full NFL game, every offensive play.  If you can avoid ending up the ground more than 3 times, you get the $500 million tax free. You MUST stay in and try to block.  No running backwards when the ball is snapped, etc.

I can do option 2, if you're talking about normal game flow.  Even if half of the plays have to be runs, you're still kind of making the offense predictable.  I mean, if I have 9 carries after 18 plays, they know that they can either stack the box with 8 on play 19, or all 11 on play 20.

In my current situation, I believe I can average a half yard per carry for 1 game (minimum of 10 carries).  I think my max might be 2 yards... I am 43 after all.  I'm 5-10, 210 pounds at 12% body fat.  I'm in great physical shape.  I'm not fast though.  Nor have I taken hits by 250-300 pound me.  That's why I'm fairly confident that for 1 game, I can average over a half yard per carry.  I'm certainly not, in any way, capable of doing option 3.

That said, I'd probably just take the $1M for doing nothing and saying thank you.

2 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

I'd get 5 yards on ten carries, as long as I don't have the Giants O-line. I'm taking the 25 million.

Hell, if Najee Harris can do it then we certainly can 😁

7 minutes ago, posty said:

Ten illegal "tush push"es should get you the yards...

He said play running back, not QB dumbass. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He said play running back, not QB dumbass. 

You are the dumbass...  The RB can get the direct snap in a wildcat formation just a little behind the center and have three large people behind to push forward...

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

Which OL is blocking for me?

According to the initial post, both teams are random...

Just now, posty said:

You are the dumbass...  The RB can get the direct snap in a wildcat formation just a little behind the center and have three large people behind to push forward...

Then he would be playing the position of QB if he’s taking the snap under center.  Hush your ignorant mouth. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Then he would be playing the position of QB if he’s taking the snap under center.  Hush your ignorant mouth. 

So since he played a snap under center (even though I said a little bit back under center), he would be now eligible in a fantasy league to play QB?  How come NFL.com doesn't have rosters stating that someone who took a direct snap isn't listed as QB/RB or QB/WR?  OMG, if a RB lines up as a wideout, can they then play WR in fantasy leagues and be a QB/RB/WR then?

1 minute ago, posty said:

So since he played a snap under center (even though I said a little bit back under center), he would be now eligible in a fantasy league to play QB?  How come NFL.com doesn't have rosters stating that someone who took a direct snap isn't listed as QB/RB or QB/WR?  OMG, if a RB lines up as a wideout, can they then play WR in fantasy leagues and be a QB/RB/WR then?

Play RB. That’s the criteria. If he lined up at guard no one would say he’s playing running back. Now Stfu. 

1 hour ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Your choices:

Brain says #1 because I can do nothing and just invest that free million....

My gut says #2 because I am athletic BUT... do i ONLY get 10 carries? or do i need to survive a minimum of 10?  5 yards is definitely doable but the issue is any negative yardage carries. IF/As soon as I have my 5 yards, I am purposely botching the handoff on every remaining run. I legitimately believe I could fall forward for no gain upwards of 2 yards and even possibly find a hole for 4-5 on a single play and lay down. But the potential to get blown up in the backfield for a 4 yard loss makes that pretty risky. 

There is no way any geek is accomplishing #3 since a decent amount of starting NFL lineman can't accomplish it (the ending up on the ground 3 times or less part)

18 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If he lined up at guard no one would say he’s playing running back.

he also would have a hell of a time getting the ball for a carry :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

I conducted a little experiment...

Using Madden, I created a RB based on HT...  I gave them "ones" all across the board...

In their first four games, the most yards that they had at 10 carries was -3 yards...

Digital HT hit the weight room and was able to decrease his 40-time to 8.35 seconds and was now able to bench 20 pounds...  I updated their numbers to "twos"...  In the next four games, the most yards after 10 carries was one yard...

Obviously the smart thing to do is to take the million and don't look back as simulations don't lie...

I once scored 4 TDs playing fullback for Polk high school in the 60’s. What’s my payday ? 

2 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

I once scored 4 TDs playing fullback for Polk high school in the 60’s. What’s my payday ? 

Living next door to Marcy...

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

It's the GC, so my answer is 3, all day long, twice on Sunday. 

Just think how many shark teeth you could buy then...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Anyway who says anything besides option 1 is kidding themselves 

This.  1 all day.  Not a question.   

23 hours ago, League Champion said:

Are we in full pads for this? 

of course.

4 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Linebackers or just the D-Line? 

Everyone including you are in full pads.  Pretend it's a normal game and the defense doesn't know its you in the game.  They assume its one of the starters.