Sign in to follow this  
Stryker Ryker

Flying first class

Is there really a point anymore? Sure you get a little alcohol & slightly bigger seats but that’s about it. At least for domestic flights. Haven’t flew first class on international so I assume that is much better. However, if you’re flying domestic I don’t see the point of paying an extra $400-$500/ticket just for that 

The one less seat def makes a lot of difference.

Love the upgrade out of the blue, but if I get reclining exit row with no one in the middle seat I’m almost as happy.

• Sad 1

The leg room is really nice, but getting on and off the plane first is what I like. I absolutely hate sitting in the back and watching every moron on the planet try to unwedge their oversized suitcase from the overhead, get their asses organized and get off the plane. 

22 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

The leg room is really nice, but getting on and off the plane first is what I like. I absolutely hate sitting in the back and watching every moron on the planet try to unwedge their oversized suitcase from the overhead, get their asses organized and get off the plane. 

I usually just wait until they’re almost done boarding & then board. With my son it’s much easier to do that than sit in the seat. It’s def better with a baby to have first class but just me? I don’t see the point anymore. They’ve taken too much out of first class to where I don’t feel like paying that extra $500 just for a little extra leg room on an hour 1/2 flight. You’d think you’d get free wifi in first class but no. Gotta pay $10 or $60/month. Just doesn’t seem worth the money anymore 

55 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Love the upgrade out of the blue, but if I get reclining exit row with no one in the middle seat I’m almost as happy.

Typical lib.  Gets a seat where the person in front of him can't recline and then jams his seat into the person behind him.

7 minutes ago, nobody said:

Typical lib.  Gets a seat where the person in front of him can't recline and then jams his seat into the person behind him.

Typical dumbass. Talking about shet he doesn’t know anything about 😂

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Typical dumbass. Talking about shet he doesn’t know anything about 😂

So you didn't just say that you think a reclining exit row seat is almost as good as first class to you?

Do you want the reining exit row seat to not recline.  

Typical lib... First instinct is to lie.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nobody said:

So you didn't just say that you think a reclining exit row seat is almost as good as first class to you?

Do you want the reining exit row seat to not recline.  

Typical lib... First instinct is to lie.

I’m sorry you are struggling here. 

The planes are built with safety standards. These rows have more leg room and when no one is in the middle seat it’s great. 

The great debate of reclining or not I’ll leave that to the non frequent flyers to get all upset about. 

Here’s the thing - flying sucks. Get over it 😂

• Sad 1

I did it once. Of course there were two screaming kids right next to me. Asked to go back to coach. Oh well. 

17 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

I’m sorry you are struggling here. 

The planes are built with safety standards. These rows have more leg room and when no one is in the middle seat it’s great. 

The great debate of reclining or not I’ll leave that to the non frequent flyers to get all upset about. 

Here’s the thing - flying sucks. Get over it 😂

No shìt.  The reclining part is what I was getting it at.  And of course you're oblivious... Because lib.  

And I probably fly as much as anyone here.  I bet you're also 5'8" worrying about leg room.  Once again typical lib.

I just realized this dumbfock really thinks people don't know exit rows have more leg room.  Focking libs.

1 minute ago, nobody said:

No shìt.  The reclining part is what I was getting it at.  And of course you're oblivious... Because lib.  

And I probably fly as much as anyone here.  I bet you're also 5'8" worrying about leg room.  Once again typical lib.

I’m 6’2”.

They can’t recline in front of that row. Why aren’t you getting this?  Who said anything about me reclining. Who the fock cares and why are you talking about Libs in here you dumbass. You sound like a nut.

You should write a letter to the FAA about this. 

1 minute ago, nobody said:

I just realized this dumbfock really thinks people don't know exit rows have more leg room.  Focking libs.

You are probably the guy ranting on the flight all redfaced about barking dogs or whatever other thing you are aggrieved about that day.

Here’s some advice. Relax. 

1 minute ago, thegeneral said:

I’m 6’2”.

They can’t recline in front of that row. Why aren’t you getting this?  Who said anything about me reclining. Who the fock cares and why are you talking about Libs in here you dumbass. You sound like a nut.

Libs like to bring you down to their house of confusion.  It’s a classic move.  

The first 3 years I started with my current company I flew a lot. I had united platinum and star alliance gold status for a few years.

Getting bumped on anchorage to Houston overnight flight was always nice, but even if I wasn't bumped I got economy plus for free. Which is not as good, but at least it is enough room for a laptop.

Now I fly only southwest airlines with the unwashed masses.

2 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

The first 3 years I started with my current company I flew a lot. I had united platinum and star alliance gold status for a few years.

Getting bumped on anchorage to Houston overnight flight was always nice, but even if I wasn't bumped I got economy plus for free. Which is not as good, but at least it is enough room for a laptop.

Now I fly only southwest airlines with the unwashed masses.

Southwest…the bus in the sky!

35 minutes ago, nobody said:

Put this in your pipe and smoke it: I fockin hate recliners and wish they’d all die :o 

Might not be a political thing, idiot

Only time I ever flew first class was getting randomly bumped up on a flight from Newark to Switzerland many years ago. Wouldn’t care if it was a short domestic flight but that was awesome. I’d never pay for it.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, MDC said:

Only time I ever flew first class was getting randomly bumped up on a flight from Newark to Switzerland many years ago. Wouldn’t care if it was a short domestic flight but that was awesome. I’d never pay for it.

Yea if it’s international it’s worth it IMO. But domestic? Noooo. Ofc I still have to pay for it since wife likes the extra room with my son 

1 hour ago, thegeneral said:

I’m 6’2”.

I get it dummy. You don't understand.  Your liberal mind can't understand that it's dìckish to sit in a seat with extra leg room with a seat that you purposely chose so the guy in front of you can't recline while you are reclining into the guy behind you with less leg room.  

Your liberal mindset can't even wrap your head around the dìckishness of that.

That’s a lot of dicky talk 👆🏿

47 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Put this in your pipe and smoke it: I fockin hate recliners and wish they’d all die :o 

#metoo

It wouldn't be as annoying if they SLOWLY reclined  back vs the quick snap back into your face that risks spilling whatever might be on your tray.  :mad:

Congrats assh0le, you now have an awesome 2 inches of recline. 

When I had baller status on Delta getting upgraded to first class was the best. I didn't have to worry about some flat slob sitting next to me taking up my space. As some of you know I hate the way people deplane. Being in first class I can get out that much faster. I could care less about the food and drink although it's a nice perk. It's the comfort and getting off the plane which sells it for me.

32 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

When I had baller status on Delta getting upgraded to first class was the best. I didn't have to worry about some flat slob sitting next to me taking up my space. As some of you know I hate the way people deplane. Being in first class I can get out that much faster. I could care less about the food and drink although it's a nice perk. It's the comfort and getting off the plane which sells it for me.

It's funny looking at your avatar and reading this.  :D  But this is basically how I feel. 

I'm not that big, only 32" inseam and thin, so I don't need the extra room.  Also I spent most of my traveling days flying Southwest which doesn't have first class, so I didn't get free bumps (but basically free drinks).  I have had them on other airlines occasionally, and my first company out of college paid for business class for international flights (which included first class on the domestic legs).  In addition to the quick departure from the plane, I liked that I was generally surrounded by seasoned travelers who kept to themselves instead of making nervous chat with me to get over their fear of flying.

I was on the same flight home in April as my cousin and her husband. They will only fly first/business class because "he is really tall and needs the leg room".  So they generally do layovers to make it a little more affordable. In actuality he's just a baby about any little thing and was not fun to be on a trip with :lol:.  He might be 6'3 to my 6'2. 

I just care about getting to my destination. Give me less expensive economy with a layover if the layover makes sense. As soon as 24 hour check in opens up, I'm on my phone swapping to an aisle seat as close to the front of economy as I can find. On my recent trips there was no lack of beverages / cheap wine

I gave up a long time ago. I sit in the back and wait it out. Check one big bag.  Being next to the bathroom has its advantages with kids. We haven’t flown together since Covid and I’m not looking forward to it. Seems to be a lot of a-holes out there flying.  

5 hours ago, thegeneral said:

yep, I always make sure to let them know I am trained in opening doors and helping people in the event of a emergency

those are my favorite seats

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nobody said:

I get it dummy. You don't understand.  Your liberal mind can't understand that it's dìckish to sit in a seat with extra leg room with a seat that you purposely chose so the guy in front of you can't recline while you are reclining into the guy behind you with less leg room.  

Your liberal mindset can't even wrap your head around the dìckishness of that.

You are the idiot talking about reclining and liberals.

Do you have a mental problem 😂

10 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

yep, I always make sure to let them know I am trained in opening doors and helping people in the event of a emergency

those are my favorite seats

With 4 extra inches of leg room comes great responsibility.

Who was the Geek who said it was an “act of violence” to recline your seat in an airplane? 😂 

10 minutes ago, MDC said:

Who was the Geek who said it was an “act of violence” to recline your seat in an airplane? 😂 

As with many topics on here people have passionate thoughts 😂😂

This nobody dude is muttering to himself about liberals on his flight to Cleveland while eating some stale pretzels.

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I did it once. Of course there were two screaming kids right next to me. Asked to go back to coach. Oh well. 

You should have introduced them to the blue water.

1 hour ago, thegeneral said:

As with many topics on here people have passionate thoughts 😂😂

This nobody dude is muttering to himself about liberals on his flight to Cleveland while eating some stale pretzels.

Imagine not being able to have a conversation about flying without bringing politics into it.

2 hours ago, MDC said:

I think that might’ve been me, except an act of aggression.

And I stand by it :bandana:

No issue with someone reclining. It’s what the seat does. And I’ll do it if I want. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No issue with someone reclining. It’s what the seat does. And I’ll do it if I want. 

Don’t tell @nobody only evil Libs do this 😂

16 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

👍🏻

• Thanks 1

I fly like school on a Saturday…

…no class