Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

***OFFICIAL Wild Card Round Games Thread***

Pretty good story lines.   Starting off with the texans trading Watson to the Browns, and they are the first game.   Tyreek's first trip back to Arrowhead.   Goff and Stafford switch teams and here they are...

The game at Arrowhead is being advertised as possibly the coldest game in NFL history with wind chills at -25 degrees.   My son and his buddy are going, they are 16.  But there are people basically giving away chiefs tickets because it's going to be miserable. 

Doors open for the chamber banquet at 6 pm.  Social 6 - 7, program, dinner and awards at 7 pm, with 70's disco theme and dj service, semi-formal or optional 70's themed attire.  Game at 7 local time.  They will have the tv broadcast in the auditorium, but it sucks for the organizers of the event, and sucks for those of us who would rather watch our favorite team in the playoffs uninterrupted.

I had some white bell bottoms and a 70's era shirt rented from a place in KC, but it's still snowing here and it's an hour drive into the city so I'll just wear a suit, maybe with a chiefs tie. :(

Hopefully can jet by halftime and get to my couch.

26 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Doors open for the chamber banquet at 6 pm.  Social 6 - 7, program, dinner and awards at 7 pm, with 70's disco theme and dj service, semi-formal or optional 70's themed attire.  Game at 7 local time.  They will have the tv broadcast in the auditorium, but it sucks for the organizers of the event, and sucks for those of us who would rather watch our favorite team in the playoffs uninterrupted.

I had some white bell bottoms and a 70's era shirt rented from a place in KC, but it's still snowing here and it's an hour drive into the city so I'll just wear a suit, maybe with a chiefs tie. :(

Hopefully can jet by halftime and get to my couch.

Sounds brutal 

Also, I thought chiefs fans were good?  Who are these people?  Sad.  

chefs win 6 to 3

8 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Also, I thought chiefs fans were good?  Who are these people?  Sad.  

The people organizing an event on the day the Chiefs play? If the Chiefs would have done their job and been the one seed they wouldn't be paying this week. 

It's a deal every year with Chamber banquets in January.   I've been lobbyin for them to work around potential playoff games for years, believe me.   I think I missed last year because I went to the game but I've been going to these things for 20 years back in my twenties. :mellow:

7 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

The people organizing an event on the day the Chiefs play? If the Chiefs would have done their job and been the one seed they wouldn't be paying this week. 

It's a deal every year with Chamber banquets in January.   I've been lobbyin for them to work around potential playoff games for years, believe me.   I think I missed last year because I went to the game but I've been going to these things for 20 years back in my twenties. :mellow:

Id come down with an illness.  You are going to eat dinner at kickoff?  Try to leave at half and drive an hour?  How much game are you going to watch a quarter?

Just bizarre.   Chiefs at home in playoffs.  KC people will be playing dress up and eating a formal dinner at kickoff.  

Im cracking up.  

6 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Id come down with an illness.  You are going to eat dinner at kickoff?  Try to leave at half and drive an hour?  How much game are you going to watch a quarter?

I'm an hour from kc.  It's a 10 minute drive to my house from the venue. This isn't the Kansas city chamber banquet.   It's a city of 80k that's closely associated to kc, like Lawrence or Topeka would be. 

3 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I'm an hour from kc.  It's a 10 minute drive to my house from the venue. This isn't the Kansas city chamber banquet.   It's a city of 80k that's closely associated to kc, like Lawrence or Topeka would be. 

Still KC people and fans.  

Makes more sense on the drive now.  

28 minutes ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

How ugly will the weather be for Steelers playing at Buffalo?

Probably brutal.  The snow is hard to forecast.   They will get a foot of snow out of this storm.  It will snow in game but I think the most blizzard like conditions will be starting to vanish.  

The wind is the factor.  If they played today it would probably be worse.  But gusts up to they say 50mph.  I doubt quite that high.  Bills also have an old vast stadium.   Wind comes in quite easily compared to some of those steep sided newer stadiums.  It isn't KC temps but it will also be cold.  Around zero wind chill.  

Pats and Bills played a regular season game last year in 40mph wind and New England threw it like 3 times and won.  

35 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Bills game 430 Monday

Yeah just saw that.   I'm flying to DC for work on Monday.  Plane is due to land at 4:39 so I'll need to find an airport bar ASAP. 

a lot of revenge games:

hill vs kc

watson :lol: vs hou

stafford vs goff

mccarthy vs gbp

Bills act like they are so tough in cold weather then move their game back a day because of the weather

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Bills act like they are so tough in cold weather then move their game back a day because of the weather

Stupid NY female Gov.

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Bills Mafia are SOFT!!

That pass to Collins was terrible. But we are in full CJ Stroud is great mode. 

I get to franchise stroud next year and am kind of excited about that.   Especially if they get that young man a running back.   Ekler?

I really wish hunt hadn't kicked the sh1t out of his crazy girlfriend and then lied about it

Stroud misses another wide open WR.  

17 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Stroud misses another wide open WR.  

236 yards and 3 TDs in the first half against the #1 pass defense 🤣🤣🤣

Go Texans 🤠🤠🤠🤠

Looks like the Joe Flacco comeback train has completely derailed. 

1 minute ago, DonS said:

Looks like the Joe Flacco comeback train has completely derailed. 

It will return soon to it's original departure the Couch.

2 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

I get to franchise stroud next year and am kind of excited about that.   Especially if they get that young man a running back.   Ekler?

They already have Devin Singletary, they just need to get him more touches beginning in game 1 2024 and he's year ends stats will be at the top of the NFL.

3 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

They already have Devin Singletary, they just need to get him more touches beginning in game 1 2024 and he's year ends stats will be at the top of the NFL.

They need an upgrade over Singletary imo.  

• Thanks 1

Well let’s see, a massive blowout and a game nobody will watch because it’s on focking peecock.

Good job NFL

16 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Well let’s see, a massive blowout and a game nobody will watch because it’s on focking peecock.

Good job NFL

And another one rescheduled because of snowflakes.  

22 minutes ago, Horseman said:

And another one rescheduled because of snowflakes.  

what are you talking about?

1 minute ago, Gepetto said:

what are you talking about?

Buffalo Steelers game moved to Monday. 

1 minute ago, Horseman said:

Buffalo Steelers game moved to Monday. 

oh, thanks

I'll never get why in cold weather games, guys don't wear sleeves. It costs the body energy to keep you warm. It just puts a player at a disadvantage by being cold. 

2 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I'll never get why in cold weather games, guys don't wear sleeves. It costs the body energy to keep you warm. It just puts a player at a disadvantage by being cold. 

Sleeves can feel restrictive 

8 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Mental.  Gotta appear tough.

More odd is the shirtless fans