Sign in to follow this  
BeenHereBefore

Are There Any Comedians That are Funny Anymore ? (Stand Up)

The whole working the crowd kind of comedian is boring to me.   Very boring

• Like 1

A couple I like not seen mentioned:

Sheng Wang

Ralph Barbosa 

Tom Segura

43 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

The whole working the crowd kind of comedian is boring to me.   Very boring

Use to go out to see stand up years back, My one cousin that would go with me had a big head and the comics would fock with him cause of it. One called him a Pez dispenser and a Female comic asked him how do you eat Pu$$y with a head that big. Good Times!

5 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Use to go out to see stand up years back, My one cousin that would go with me had a big head and the comics would fock with him cause of it. One called him a Pez dispenser and a Female comic asked him how do you eat Pu$$y with a head that big. Good Times!

Hang on.  a female comedian talking about men or sex?  Shocker!

That seems to be all they ever do their standups about.   Female comedians are so damn boring

• Haha 1

My wife has Sirius in her car with 8 comedy stations. I flip back and forth... eventually hear a funny joke... then back to flipping. Turns out the vast majority of stand-up comedians are awful.

Then again, some people laugh at everything. I'm harder to please.

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

That seems to be all they ever do their standups about.   Female comedians are so damn boring

Yea not a fan of Female comics at all but was funny when she pick on my cousin, she was the opening act. Place use to have comics every week and was fun till the bar burned down.

4 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

My wife has Sirius in her car with 8 comedy stations. I flip back and forth... eventually hear a funny joke... then back to flipping. Turns out the vast majority of stand-up comedians are awful.

Then again, some people laugh at everything. I'm harder to please.

Yea what I was saying earlier and some of these crowds laugh at everything like they are starved for humor. Agree there are tons of bad ones out there, even some of the famous ones are bad like Ray Romano, Kevin James and etc. They are great in comedy TV and movies but suck at stand up.

Jim Gaffigan has put an amazing career together.

Anthony Jeselnik is even better than he used to be.

Nate Bargatze is pretty good though I think he may have hit his apex.

Same with Tom Segura and likely Fortune Feimster.

I like Gary Gulman but he’s a bit of an acquired taste.

There may be more. I’d say stand up is in a bit of a lull right now but still good acts out there to be found.

As mentioned, Nate Bargatze is very funny.

Sheng Wang has an excellent Netflix special.

19 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Shane Gillis, Theo Von, Stavros 

I like Theo. I'm not incredibly familiar with the others, so I will have to check them out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MLCKAA said:

As mentioned, Nate Bargatze is very funny.

Sheng Wang has an excellent Netflix special.

Bargatze is funny is sort of a Steven Wright sort of way. Not that his monatone is as pronounced as Wright by any means or his content as bizarre, but he operates in a similar space. As I like my comedy fairly clean, Bargatze would be my guy right now as well. 

• Like 1

Too many comedians like Burr and Chapelle are getting too political.  I don't need to hear your opinions on trans kids.....just shut up and tell Rick James jokes.  

• Sad 1

I know jeselnik but havent followed much of his stuff.  I thought he was sort of funny.  But his style I figured would ware thin.  Sort of like music I tend to just assume much of it sucks these days.  But I do enjoy a good stand up act.   I tend to catch comedians just being off the cuff funny on podcasts more than shows and specials.  

Forgot one:

Ian Bagg is really funny - especially crowd work. Dude is fast and funny. 

1 hour ago, TheNewGirl said:

I like Theo. I'm not incredibly familiar with the others, so I will have to check them out. 

Im not familiar with his comedy but I do find him wacky/funny on podcasts.  Figured his stand up wouldnt really translate.   

43 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I know jeselnik but havent followed much of his stuff.  I thought he was sort of funny.  But his style I figured would ware thin.

He wore on me. Long build-up to a dark punchline. Over and over. Some punchlines were funny, but the style got old.

4 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

I like Gary Gulman but he’s a bit of an acquired taste.

Gulman was really good years back. Haven't heard his new stuff, but I'm a fan.

I used to say Dave Attell was one of the best... then I heard his racist dinosaur special. Ugh... also needs to stop yelling. 

Dan Cummins- his stand-up is pretty good, seen him live a couple times in the last year, but he also has a podcast once a week called Time Suck w/Dan Cummings which I really like. Often it's about dark stuff, like serial killers, but not always but usually pretty interesting. Puts a lot of research into it and adds some humor here and. Definitely recommend it if you're into that kind of stuff. 

3 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

You should check out Stavvy 

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Im not familiar with his comedy but I do find him wacky/funny on podcasts.  Figured his stand up wouldnt really translate.   

It doesn't sometimes but sometimes he has killer sets. Definitely at his peak on a podcast with a guest though.

4 hours ago, kutulu said:

Dan Cummins- his stand-up is pretty good, seen him live a couple times in the last year, but he also has a podcast once a week called Time Suck w/Dan Cummings which I really like. Often it's about dark stuff, like serial killers, but not always but usually pretty interesting. Puts a lot of research into it and adds some humor here and. Definitely recommend it if you're into that kind of stuff. 

Seen him live and did not really like. Kinda just seemed like an assh0le :dunno:

5 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

I know jeselnik but havent followed much of his stuff.  I thought he was sort of funny.  But his style I figured would ware thin.  Sort of like music I tend to just assume much of it sucks these days.  But I do enjoy a good stand up act.   I tend to catch comedians just being off the cuff funny on podcasts more than shows and specials.  

Better than ever. But they’ve really kept the kibosh on his new standup. Can’t find it anywhere on YouTube 

On 2/6/2024 at 6:19 PM, iam90sbaby said:

Shane Gillis, Theo Von, Stavros 

None of those dudes are funny

On 2/6/2024 at 6:46 PM, KSB2424 said:

Andrew Shultz is the funniest mofo alive right now.  Google all his stuff. 

Not funny and why does he look like a ghey nazi?

10 hours ago, kutulu said:

A couple I like not seen mentioned:

Sheng Wang

Ralph Barbosa 

Tom Segura

Barbosa is pretty funny 

54 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Seen him live and did not really like. Kinda just seemed like an assh0le :dunno:

Didn't get that vibe but maybe, or maybe just an off night. Anyway like his podcast more than his stand-up is what I was trying to get across. I know the second time we saw him my wife thought he was kinda over the top vulgar and she didn't like him as much as the first time.

22 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Agreed. Women are not funny at all and all they talk about is sex.

That Kevin Hart as Jerry Jones commercial is pissing me off.  

Cant even understand him.  Wtf,?

Stfup

Taylor Tomlinson is pretty funny.  I think it is because she does not do the tried and true raunchy humor that most female comedians feel the need to do. Do not get me wrong she has some raunchy moments like ALL comedians typically have. It is just not what her routine is all about. More relatable real life and her crowd work in on par with Matt Rifes. 

• Like 1

:lol: 

Can't recall if Shane Gillis got named. 

I was really prepared to hate him. Because the media couldn't stand him.

But now that I've watched a bunch of his stuff? He does the best Trump out there. And he's pretty funny. 

34 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

I was really prepared to hate him. Because the media couldn't stand him.

Do you listen to what the media tells ya ?

Tim Dillon is very good