Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Who else doesn’t give 2 chits about the eclipse?

my chick just text me.  "WHY DIDN"T YOU TAKE YOUR ECILPSE SUNGLASSES?"

I told you. I don't give a fock, woman!

• Sad 1

My working theory is @edjris downplaying the eclipse, because he's a warlock and doesn't want to get burned at the stake.

17 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

My working theory is @edjris downplaying the eclipse, because he's a warlock and doesn't want to get burned at the stake.

You would think that he would use his magic to give himself a better body.  And face.  Maybe it doesn't work that way tho.  :dunno:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jerryskids said:

You would think that he would use his magic to give himself a better body.  And face.  Maybe it doesn't work that way tho.  :dunno:

ouch. 🤕 

8 minutes ago, edjr said:

ouch. 🤕 

We're in the middle of our eclipse, whee!  I poked some pinholes into a piece of paper, it makes little crescent circles, which I've seen before.  Maybe 50-60% coverage I'd guess.  It's also slightly darker for a sunny day, which is always weird during an eclipse. 

:mellow: 

I think it's cool, but then I think all things space and stuff are pretty cool. 

I does suck that today it's completely clear blue skies and we aren't in the path at all. Just went outside and it's maybe a teensy bit darker outside, but I see nothing. Supposed to see like really little shadows or something, but I don't see shiiite. 

The last eclipse we were in the path of here in CA, and it was cloudy as fock. I was out for a run and I'd forgotten about it, so when it started getting darker, I was like WTF?! And I actually looked up and kind of saw it since it was cloudy and my retinas didn't burn. 

Just seems that when we are in the path, we don't see anything...and when we aren't in the path, the sky is focking clear. 

Bust by me.  That doesn’t mean it’s not happening elsewhere.  Sorta like crime. 

Got pretty dark.  It turned to light fast.  Cloudy.  I saw it for a bit.   

Ok thats done. 

We picked up Rusty II and went out to a park and managed to see the whole thing just fine despite a lot of clouds.

It was super cool, particularly seeing the solar flares. 

Even though I really didn't care. @Gutterboys Flip Flops  text me the best picture of it. He is in Ohio. Right in the path

I didn't really give a rat's ass, but they handed out eclipse glasses at work, so I grabbed some. Everyone was just milling about outside at work, so I said fock this, I'd rather watch this with the wifey than my co-workers. So, I went home and caught the peak there. We were at 94.4%. I was more impressed with the slight overall darkness outside than the sun itself, which just looked like a waning crescent moon. So, it was basically meh.

14 minutes ago, edjr said:

Even though I really didn't care. @Gutterboys Flip Flops  text me the best picture of it. He is in Ohio. Right in the path

He's nicer than me, I would have gone all Judge Smails on you...

That was bad ass. Got very lucky with clear weather. I was expecting it to be a bit overhyped but was worth seeing. I would try and do this again.

I wonder what all of the conspiracy theorists are doing now?  I thought it was suppose to be the end of the world or something.

1 minute ago, thegeneral said:

That was bad ass. Got very lucky with clear weather. I was expecting it to be a bit overhyped but was worth seeing. I would try and do this again.

I'm saving my glasses, there will be another one in 2045.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I wonder what all of the conspiracy theorists are doing now?  I thought it was suppose to be the end of the world or something.

They're roasting in hell.

:mad:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Touch some grass, snowflake 

:wave:

So, we've been told that the Sun is like 93 gajillion miles away from us. And that travels at 147 light years per mile.

Then, we have the moon, which allegedly is a gazillion knots per miles away from us too and travels I don't know, Mach75.

We're also told that space is vast and essentially eternal in scope. Meaning, these guys could each be on planes vastly away from each other.  But somehow, suddenly, huge coincidence that the Sun and the Moon just happened to be lined up right in front and back of each other.

...And we just happened to be lucky enough to watch this 'event'.

I'm calling shenanigans. 🧐

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

So, we've been told that the Sun is like 93 gajillion miles away from us. And that travels at 147 light years per mile.

Then, we have the moon, which allegedly is a gazillion knots per miles away from us too and travels I don't know, Mach75.

We're also told that space is vast and essentially eternal in scope. Meaning, these guys could each be on planes vastly away from each other.  But somehow, suddenly, huge coincidence that the Sun and the Moon just happened to be lined up right in front and back of each other.

...And we just happened to be lucky enough to watch this 'event'.

I'm calling shenanigans. 🧐

Is this Neil DeGrass Tyson?!?

Man, I hope they remember all those folks who are caught between the Moon and New York City. 

I mean, what's the Best That They Can do?

I bought two dollar glasses at the grocery store this morning and sat on my back deck for about 20 minutes and watched it. That’s the extent if it’s value. 

1 minute ago, thegeneral said:

Is this Neil DeGrass Tyson?!?

That's the scientist that bit off Carl Sagans ear?

• Haha 1

Shouldn't the tides be all kablewey?

Never understood that whole Moon and tides thing. I think it's a crock. Oh wait, the moon can cause water to move all the way around the planet, but not a single drop of sand is impacted by the same force?

2 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Shouldn't the tides be all kablewey?

Never understood that whole Moon and tides thing. I think it's a crock. Oh wait, the moon can cause water to move all the way around the planet, but not a single drop of sand is impacted by the same force?

Science is the opium of the stoopid. 

28 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I'm saving my glasses, there will be another one in 2045.

Iceland in 2026!

8 minutes ago, NEWPOSTERGUY! said:

Science is the opium of the stoopid. 

Thank God for Religion!!!

Iceland 2026, could potentially see totality, a volcano erupting, northern lights, and Bjork in same day. 

49 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Haven’t seen anything. Have you?

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Haven’t seen anything. Have you?

Haven't seen any talk today.  Saw a ton of it the last two weeks though.  Bunch of goofballs.

I have to say, it was much better last time. Might’ve been the 🍄

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I feel fine. :dunno:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Haven't seen any talk today.  Saw a ton of it the last two weeks though.  Bunch of goofballs.

That doesn’t make any sense. Sounds made up. 

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

We're in the middle of our eclipse, whee!  I poked some pinholes into a piece of paper, it makes little crescent circles, which I've seen before.  Maybe 50-60% coverage I'd guess.  It's also slightly darker for a sunny day, which is always weird during an eclipse. 

:mellow: 

Actually, it makes perfect sense that it would be darker during an eclipse. :dunno:

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That doesn’t make any sense. Sounds made up. 

What sounds made up?  

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What sounds made up?  

That there were conspiracy theories but they stopped as the eclipse drew closer. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That there were conspiracy theories but they stopped as the eclipse drew closer. 

Ok.  I appreciate your feedback.

24 minutes ago, frank said:

Actually, it makes perfect sense that it would be darker during an eclipse. :dunno:

Oof... :mellow: