Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Who else doesn’t give 2 chits about the eclipse?

shut the fock up already. just like the royal family, a lot of people don’t give a chit. throw in kaitlyn clark.  STFU

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Does seem overblown for how often they happen.   Don't remember as much hypr last time.  

I am in the pathway.  So the local coverage is a little strong.  Yet no locals seem to care.   All the school kids will put on their glasses and march outside at 3pm.  People will step out from work.  

They have different spots hosting "watch parties".  Didnt realize how many people will flood the area.  Niagara Falls was something crazy....100s of thousands of people coming into the area.  Might have heard upwards of a million.  

Seems insane.  I may leave work early and go play golf.  Be out there during the eclipse.  Anything to change my game.  

:wave:

My kids are getting out of school at 11. Ridiculous. It was 1 but the public school changed it so we have to follow because of transportation. Any excuse to work less or not at all. And the sports/ after school activities I paid out of pocket for are canceled as well. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just wait until you reach my level. I don't care, that people don't care, about people caring about the eclipse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Just wait until you reach my level. I don't care, that people don't care, about people caring about the eclipse.

that’s a lie, you hate people

4 minutes ago, edjr said:

that’s a lie, you hate people

I hate them so much I hate people who hate people

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Holy shiit….

In 2017 we were getting totality, and were one of the largest cities along the path in terms of hotels and accomodations.  So much hype, and then it was cloudy all day.  Just a normal overcast, kinda rainy day, everyone in their driveways with their cool glasses and all we saw was it go dark for a few moments and the street lights turnt up.

:dunno:

My sister, my niece and her husband all flew to San Antonio yesterday so they could see it. They didn't ask if I wanted to join them, maybe I would have, but I doubt it. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

In 2017 we were getting totality, and were one of the largest cities along the path in terms of hotels and accomodations.  So much hype, and then it was cloudy all day.  Just a normal overcast, kinda rainy day, everyone in their driveways with their cool glasses and all we saw was it go dark for a few moments and the street lights turnt up.

:dunno:

No one gives a chit about the crapbag royals either.  STFU 

22 minutes ago, edjr said:

No one gives a chit about the crapbag royals either.  STFU 

I disagree with this premise.   Back in the day this place was great because people knew a lot about their local teams.   And I like hearing from the fans who really know what's going on in the world of sports.   Like if HT is seriously trying to compete in competitive leagues, who knows better about a team's closer situation than guys here who are paying attention to that team?

I didn't know it was tomorrow until yesterday.  And Phoenix is not in the totality, so meh, I'll try to remember to look up the time and see what I can see through a pinhole or two pairs of polarized glasses.  I'll probably forget tho. :dunno: 

37 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I disagree with this premise.   Back in the day this place was great because people knew a lot about their local teams.   And I like hearing from the fans who really know what's going on in the world of sports.   Like if HT is seriously trying to compete in competitive leagues, who knows better about a team's closer situation than guys here who are paying attention to  that team?

Oh dont let him get to ya.  Support your locals

Go Tigers!!

40 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I didn't know it was tomorrow until yesterday.  And Phoenix is not in the totality, so meh, I'll try to remember to look up the time and see what I can see through a pinhole or two pairs of polarized glasses.  I'll probably forget tho. :dunno: 

It wasn’t tomorrow yesterday. That would be today. :dunno:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, frank said:

Yesterday was today tomorrow. :dunno:

I bought eclipse glasses for everyone at work and I don't give two chits about what people think about things I give two chits about.

30 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I bought eclipse glasses for everyone at work and I don't give two chits about what people think about things I give two chits about.

I waited too long. Now everyone 8s sold out 😡

6 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I waited too long. Now everyone 8s sold out 😡

Buy them at a discount Tuesday. 

1 hour ago, frank said:

Good thing I didn't type it yesterday.

I give maybe 1/2 a chit about your grammatical ignorance.  :) 

It is light.  It gets dark.  It gets light again.  Happens all the time. 

• Like 1

Weather depending I will be out on the water.  It will only be a partial were I am.  I saw a full one as recenty as seven years ago.  I will not have glasses.  i will paddle beneath some trees along the banmks as the effect on the shadows from trees I find interedsting during an eclipse.  Each limb, each leaf, each bud seems to throw multiple shadows.  It is an interesting effect .

i would not make a drive or take a flight to see it, but I will pay attention from wherever I find myself.  Of course I am retired and have little better to do.

maybe I will throw a line in the water.  for all I know an eclipse, even a partial one, may make fish go crazy, or not.

5 minutes ago, Bill E. said:

It is light.  It gets dark.  It gets light again.  Happens all the time. 

It does not exactly get dark, just much less light and the quality of that light is a bit unusual.  Worth taking a few moments if you are in the path.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

It does not exactly get dark, just much less light and the quality of that light is a bit unusual.  Worth taking a few moments if you are in the path.

I am not.  I was on the beach in Wilmington NC for the last one.  Was supposed to be out diving but it was too rough to take the boat offshore.   It was kind of cool but it cut into my tanning time.   Was with my wife, parents sister and sister's family and will always remember it because sister's kids loved it.

I was pretty underwhelmed with the last big celestial event. Effectively, no different than a cloud passing in front of the Sun.

But I can certainly see how natives and whatnot could easily freak out over it in their day. 

I dunno. Maybe the Poles switching will be interesting sometime?  - No idea. 

The forecast for tomorrow is cloudy with a chance of disappointment. 

2 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

🍭 

31 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The forecast for tomorrow is cloudy with a chance of disappointment. 

Yeah, our forecast calls for heavy thunderstorms and possible tornados. I give perhaps 1.5 chits about the eclipse, but people losing their minds over what they most likely won't be able to see is hilarious.  

2 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Yeah, our forecast calls for heavy thunderstorms and possible tornados. I give perhaps 1.5 chits about the eclipse, but people losing their minds over what they most likely won't be able to see is hilarious.  

your fault for driving a gas guzzlah!

Our forecast is clear, but we're not in the totality, but in a 75% eclipse area which is not the same. I saw totality in 2017 by driving 30 miles. It was pretty great.

I’m right in the middle of the path of it and I couldn’t give a flying fock. Why can’t Sydney Sweeney be delivered to my doorstep instead ☹️

Just now, dain11279 said:

I’m right in the middle of the path of it and I couldn’t give a flying fock. Why can’t Sydney Sweeney be delivered to my doorstep instead ☹️

she’s a mutt, FFT says so

You know, we are long overdue for anything interesting coming from the heavens. Good god, we've had people fascinated with space since they left the garden. They have all these preposterous theories about asteroids and meteors and black holes and yada yada.

...but end of the day? Most dramatic stuff in space is our F ups in going there. 

Like they say, put your own oxygen mask on first before helping anyone else. I think we should do the same thing with regard to Earth and space.