Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

Trumpers got The Rock

Dwayne Johnson endorsed Joe Biden during his 2020 election campaign — but now he says he regrets that decision, and won’t be making political endorsements again anytime soon.

The Black Adam star expressed remorse about his political past and cast skepticism on the state of the nation in an interview with Fox News’ Will Cain this week. “Am I happy with the state of America right now? Well, that answer’s no,” he said. “Do I believe we’re gonna get better? I believe in that. I’m an optimistic guy, and I believe we can get better."

Johnson continued, "The endorsement that I made years ago with Biden was one I thought was the best decision for me at that time… And I thought back then, when we talk about, 'Hey, you know, I'm in this position where I have some influence and it's my job then … to exercise my influence and share… this is who I'm going to endorse.'"

But Johnson has shifted his perspective. “Am I gonna do that again this year? That answer is no, I’m not gonna do that, because what I realized — what that caused back then — was something that tears me up in my guts, back then and now, which is division,” he said. “And that got me. The takeaway after that, months and months and months, I started to realize, like, ‘Oh man, that caused an incredible amount of division in our country.’”

https://ew.com/dwayne-johnson-regrets-endorsing-joe-biden-in-2020-8627973

Big win for you guys

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Dwayne Johnson endorsed Joe Biden during his 2020 election campaign — but now he says he regrets that decision, and won’t be making political endorsements again anytime soon.

The Black Adam star expressed remorse about his political past and cast skepticism on the state of the nation in an interview with Fox News’ Will Cain this week. “Am I happy with the state of America right now? Well, that answer’s no,” he said. “Do I believe we’re gonna get better? I believe in that. I’m an optimistic guy, and I believe we can get better."

Johnson continued, "The endorsement that I made years ago with Biden was one I thought was the best decision for me at that time… And I thought back then, when we talk about, 'Hey, you know, I'm in this position where I have some influence and it's my job then … to exercise my influence and share… this is who I'm going to endorse.'"

But Johnson has shifted his perspective. “Am I gonna do that again this year? That answer is no, I’m not gonna do that, because what I realized — what that caused back then — was something that tears me up in my guts, back then and now, which is division,” he said. “And that got me. The takeaway after that, months and months and months, I started to realize, like, ‘Oh man, that caused an incredible amount of division in our country.’”

Big win for you guys

Guarantee you he's gonna get blackballed from Hollywood for that... (one way or another)

4 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

Guarantee you he's gonna get blackballed from Hollywood for that... (one way or another)

Nah he’s doing it for business reasons. For one thing, he just bought a big share of WWE

I saw this. Hopefully iy indicates that more and more Biden voters are re-evaluating the situation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

That's where they all fock up. :wall:

No, your job is to say the words somebody wrote for you, collect your enormous paycheck and stfu. Nobody cares who you plan to vote for in the next election. 

• Like 3

The political positions of celebrities are no more useful than that of the homeless guy crapping on the street.

We should stop pretending they have any intellect.

2 hours ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

Blexit is gonna be YUUUUUUGE!

The Ukrainians better work double time on creating those paper ballots to save Benefactor Biden.  

I fine it more interesting that people still support Biden.  Its remarkable that so much can be going so poorly....mainly because of the coward in the WH, and people will still support him. 

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

I fine it more interesting that people still support Biden.  Its remarkable that so much can be going so poorly....mainly because of the coward in the WH, and people will still support him. 

Whats going so poorly?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Whats going so poorly?

The border/immigration. economy/inflation, foreign policy/wars.....

I am less enthusiastic, as are many....demonstrated by the polling.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

If it makes you feel better most of his support is people who hate Trump. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RLLD said:

The border/immigration. economy/inflation, foreign policy/wars.....

I am less enthusiastic, as are many....demonstrated by the polling.

I’ll grant you immigration.

Otherwise, not seeing it. Economy is gangbusters. Inflation is down. We are actively engaged in no wars.

These are all literal, provably true statements.

Maybe your disconnect is with reality? The concept, not the sh1t poster

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, MDC said:

If it makes you feel better most of his support is people who hate Trump. 

I dont really care who supports the Rock any more than I care who the Rock supports.  His "support" should not matter to a reasoned individual.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Otherwise, not seeing it. Economy is gangbusters. Inflation is down. We are actively engaged in no wars.

If you are affluent, the economy is rather nice.....if you are not affluent, you are miserable.   There are alot of people who are not affluent.

If you think we are not "engaged" then I might suggest you reconsider.  Our engagement is rather profound.....I profit from our engagement.

Just now, RLLD said:

I dont really care who supports the Rock any more than I care who the Rock supports.  His "support" should not matter to a reasoned individual.

Me neither. Just saying, most Biden “supporters” I know don’t actually like Biden, they just hate the alternative. 

Far as celebrities go, I have a lot of respect for people like Guy Fieri. He probably has political views but keeps them to himself.

• Like 1

Just now, MDC said:

Me neither. Just saying, most Biden “supporters” I know don’t actually like Biden, they just hate the alternative. 

Far as celebrities go, I have a lot of respect for people like Guy Fieri. He probably has political views but keeps them to himself.

Ah!  I see, yes i get your point there. :thumbsup:

The Rock won’t be endorsing Trump. He is going Michael Jordan route and realizes some people get super butthurt by this stuff and wants to stay neutral. 

1 hour ago, thegeneral said:

The Rock won’t be endorsing Trump. He is going Michael Jordan route and realizes some people get super butthurt by this stuff and wants to stay neutral. 

And he wants no part of a jabroni like Joe Biden.  

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

If you are affluent, the economy is rather nice.....if you are not affluent, you are miserable.   There are alot of people who are not affluent.

If you think we are not "engaged" then I might suggest you reconsider.  Our engagement is rather profound.....I profit from our engagement.

Your second paragraph is simply false. Nice that you’re a mercenary profiting from death, but that’s irrelevant. There are no American boots on the ground anywhere as far as that term typically matters (not when Trumpers are trying to shift the goalposts).

As to the former, it’s demonstrably false. I suppose your real point is inflation, which does hurt the lower classes more, but like I said, that’s coming down. And incidentally it was a global phenomenon that started (if you want to blame any president for it, which I think is stupid) under your boy Trump.

Done and done 🎤

so saying you don't support Biden means you're a trumper :doh::wacko: 

15 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Your second paragraph is simply false. Nice that you’re a mercenary profiting from death, but that’s irrelevant. There are no American boots on the ground anywhere as far as that term typically matters (not when Trumpers are trying to shift the goalposts).

As to the former, it’s demonstrably false. I suppose your real point is inflation, which does hurt the lower classes more, but like I said, that’s coming down. And incidentally it was a global phenomenon that started (if you want to blame any president for it, which I think is stupid) under your boy Trump.

Done and done 🎤

My second paragraph is spot on.   And if you follow global politics.....more is coming.  I have never seen foreign policy so poorly handled, but to be fair one can enjoy profit from the mistakes.

Also, inflation is not "coming down", it is simply not rising at the fevered pace any longer. So long as there are no more dumb money infusions....please Mr Biden....no more stupid from you..... then it can be controlled, but the damage is done...and not easily unwound.

Yeah, I've never really cared who celebrities support. I don't care what they say during acceptance speeches or during concerts, or anything like that either. 

I don't really think they have room to speak, IMO. They aren't living like the rest of us,  you know? When they pay to have people drive them around, or do their shopping for them...they are really relatable to the middle or lower class. 

I don't care how they vote or what their views are. 

The Rock is like Oprah and can go buy up acres and acres of land in Hawaii and think nothing of it, create his own little colonized farm next to Zuckerberg with cows that eat nothing but pineapple and weed. Yeah, go and support Trump. IDGAF. 

• Haha 1

Only lefties give a sh!t about who celebrities are voting for. They love institutions and celebrities. Worms thinking this even matters shows how much of a clown she is.

• Like 1

The Rock doesn’t seem terribly ideological, he’s not endorsed Trump nor Biden, and its the 2-3% of the population like him that will decide the election. Everyone else is locked in. RFK may prove to be a wild card.

23 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

As to the former, it’s demonstrably false. I suppose your real point is inflation, which does hurt the lower classes more, but like I said, that’s coming down. 

Worms streak of looking like a focking idiot continues. No big shock there, just blown away by the consistency.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

Yeah, I've never really cared who celebrities support. I don't care what they say during acceptance speeches or during concerts, or anything like that either. 

I don't really think they have room to speak, IMO. They aren't living like the rest of us,  you know? When they pay to have people drive them around, or do their shopping for them...they are really relatable to the middle or lower class. 

I don't care how they vote or what their views are. 

The Rock is like Oprah and can go buy up acres and acres of land in Hawaii and think nothing of it, create his own little colonized farm next to Zuckerberg with cows that eat nothing but pineapple and weed. Yeah, go and support Trump. IDGAF. 

Hmmm, weed and pineapple fed beef.  Is it tasty?  Maybe it will be the new sensation, Rockgu beef.

On 4/9/2024 at 5:05 AM, Voltaire said:

I saw this. Hopefully iy indicates that more and more Biden voters are re-evaluating the situation.

I would never hold such hope.

On 4/9/2024 at 6:18 AM, 5-Points said:

That's where they all fock up. :wall:

No, your job is to say the words somebody wrote for you, collect your enormous paycheck and stfu. Nobody cares who you plan to vote for in the next election. 

Yup.

1 hour ago, Reality said:

Worms streak of looking like a focking idiot continues. No big shock there, just blown away by the consistency.

Look at the graph here: https://apple.news/AyT6m-yzdRoexZ74nrNj-ZQ

If you had any brains, you’d see a huge decline followed by your typical up and down blips.

It’d be nice if it’d come down a half a percent more, but given we were at 9% I’d say that’s a rather small nit to pick.

But keep on being histrionic. Jeez what happened to the days when men were men 

I would never base my vote on the opinions of the Rock.  i base my vote on the opinions of actrresses or models i would like to know, carnally.

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Look at the graph here: https://apple.news/AyT6m-yzdRoexZ74nrNj-ZQ

If you had any brains, you’d see a huge decline followed by your typical up and down blips.

It’d be nice if it’d come down a half a percent more, but given we were at 9% I’d say that’s a rather small nit to pick.

But keep on being histrionic. Jeez what happened to the days when men were men 

2 hours ago, Reality said:

Yup, like I said, global issue brought on by pandemic relief measures, which under US were started by Trump (and rightfully so), which then hit their fever pitch at 9% in mid-2022, and has come down considerably since.

Also like I said, would be nice if it came down another 1/2 a percent, to about that 3% level you’re referencing, but that’s a pretty small nit to pick unless you’re stupid and/or disingenuous.

Glad we agree :thumbsup:

On 4/9/2024 at 11:08 AM, IGotWorms said:

Inflation is up today. Read the news.

2 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Yeah no sh1t. It’s at 3.5%. 3% would be better. But still, a far cry from 9% two years ago.

Ever heard of perspective?

Please, Rock is a bleeding heart Liberal and always has been. 3 years ago he was S'ing Joe Biden's D. 

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Yeah no sh1t. It’s at 3.5%. 3% would be better. But still, a far cry from 9% two years ago.

Ever heard of perspective?

But it's 3.5% up on the 9% up of before, which is terrible when you combine all of these inflationary increases the last few years.

You're not worried about inflation?

You wrote inflation is down. I corrected you.