Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

NPR Is Garbage

Just feel like it should be said. In light of recent revelations, it needs to be defunded. If you’re going to be biased, do it on your own dime. 

Show us on the doll where NPR touched you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pimpadeaux said:

It was fifty years ago. 

9 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

It touched me in the wallet and robbed me, but it lobotomized your brain. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, jonmx said:

💥

They have been trash for years man. I grew up listening to NPR. I loved their programming like car talk, APHC, and Science friday. They used to do a piece where they had someone tell their story and it was added to the library of congress. In the last 20 or so years the programming has went from being informative and light hearted to basically becoming a media arm of the DNC. I find myself tuning in randomly and feel like I have Stockholm Syndrome. I do not want to listen but at this point I identify with my captors.  

I am not kidding you I heard a story the other day on NPR about how the direct care industry is lobbying for more immigrants to be allowed to be caregivers. The reason is that "no Americans want to do the job." Instead of taking the CEO to task about the fact that the industry pays absolute the NPR talking head just allowed this guy to spew on about nonsense that we all know is bullcrap.  If you paid 20 bucks an hour they would not have a problem getting people to work. They want to use the immigrant system because they can pay them min wage(or less), work them 80 hours a week and keep them in a state of indentured servitude in perpetual low wages. No questions. Just basically air time to pitch his idea of fuckingg the american worker over by bringing in lower wage workers instead of being human and giving a living wage. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Here's an article that will educate you on how and why NPR is funded, so you and other MAGAturds can ignore it and believe whatever nonsense you want to believe.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/3950550-the-truth-about-nprs-funding-and-its-possible-future/

15 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Here's an article that will educate you on how and why NPR is funded, so you and other MAGAturds can ignore it and believe whatever nonsense you want to believe.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/3950550-the-truth-about-nprs-funding-and-its-possible-future/

I have ZERO problem with NPR being funded. None. You literally can not find a single non liberal voice anywhere on NPR. When a republican actually does come on and talks the interviewers are hostile and do not even try to hide their contempt.  Keep npr. Just make it less of a liberal echo chamber and let's hear an actual diversity of voices. The ONLY stories you hear about on NPR are about minorities, women and LGBTRQ.....oh and fuckk trump. That is it. That is all. 

4 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

I have ZERO problem with NPR being funded. None. You literally can not find a single republican voice anywhere. When a republican actually does come on and talks the interviewers are hostile and do not even try to hide their contempt.  Keep npr. Just make it less of a liberal echo chamber and let's hear an actual diversity of voices. The ONLY stories you hear about on NPR are about minorities, women and LGBTRQ.....oh and fuckk trump. That is it. That is all. 

https://www.npr.org/

Cool. Click on this link and prove that their ONLY stories are about minorities, women, LGBTQ and Clownzo.

And what's wrong with stories about minorities, women, LGBTQ and Clownzo, unless you're a racist, misogynist, homophobe and blindly loyal MAGAturd?

51 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Just feel like it should be said. In light of recent revelations, it needs to be defunded. If you’re going to be biased, do it on your own dime. 

It's disgusting. I gave that channel up a long time ago. 

1 hour ago, Pimpadeaux said:

https://www.npr.org/

Cool. Click on this link and prove that their ONLY stories are about minorities, women, LGBTQ and Clownzo.

And what's wrong with stories about minorities, women, LGBTQ and Clownzo, unless you're a racist, misogynist, homophobe and blindly loyal MAGAturd?

Ok so they have a website that has a little more than that. That is not representive of what their on air programming is. That is ALL their stories are about. Shocker. You can not stand anyone question the nonstop stories about just those groups without jumping to wild assumptions. Your tiny little brain can not imagine an instance where there is a world that someone is not in lockstep with the democratic platform and are ALSO not a MAGAturd. In your tiny brain it has to be one or the other. That I have to be a misogynists, homophobe or racist if I do not want to hear about ONLY that for their on air programming. Your echo chamber has you believing nonsense.  I might vote trump just to help see liberals lose their focking minds Would be the first republican candidate I have ever voted for. 

Also...deep down you know the dark truth. Trump and everything you hate about him was created by the DNC. They derailed Bernie who would have focking smoked Trump so they could run an unpopular Hillary. Because they owed her.  It did not matter that there was a clear dislike for her. The DNC knew best. They were HAPPY when Trump became the nominee. He was going to be a piece of cake. No way he was going to stand up to the political machine the clintons had. They got JUST what they planned on and whiffed. So if you want to be mad about MAGA even being a thing.....call the DNC. They created him. It is like opening pandoras box and then complaining about the asssholes that let lose all the annoying things inside. Imagine. Bernie being able to appoint all those justices. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kutulu said:

The Tiny Desk Concerts can be cool

That kinda stuff is cool. I appreciate that. They used to have really cool programming like that all the time. I 100 percent support that. 

2 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

I am not kidding you I heard a story the other day on NPR about how the direct care industry is lobbying for more immigrants to be allowed to be caregivers. The reason is that "no Americans want to do the job." Instead of taking the CEO to task about the fact that the industry pays absolute the NPR talking head just allowed this guy to spew on about nonsense that we all know is bullcrap.  If you paid 20 bucks an hour they would not have a problem getting people to work. They want to use the immigrant system because they can pay them min wage(or less), work them 80 hours a week and keep them in a state of indentured servitude in perpetual low wages. No questions. Just basically air time to pitch his idea of fuckingg the american worker over by bringing in lower wage workers instead of being human and giving a living wage. 

Are you daft, man?

If they paid good wages, no one could afford it.

Hell, no one can afford it as it is :doh:

33 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Voted democrat his whole life 😂

Really doesn’t matter, just look at trump and biden. 

8 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

You've been touching way more than dolls. 🌈 

11 hours ago, Strike said:

In case this hasn't been posted, or even if it has:

https://www.thefp.com/p/npr-editor-how-npr-lost-americas-trust

I came here to post that.  :thumbsup: 

@Pimpadeauxwon't listen/read it though.  He's too emotionally invested in the falsehood that media outlets like NPR are objective and not Leftist echo chambers.

I don't like my tax dollars funding it.

ETA:  I'll also tag @The Real timschochet.  He hasn't posted here yet, but he tends to believe what I just said about Rusty.  

Al Npr was a pretty decent pitcher. 

13 hours ago, Strike said:

In case this hasn't been posted, or even if it has:

https://www.thefp.com/p/npr-editor-how-npr-lost-americas-trust

Further proof leftards like being lied to. They crave it, seek it out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I came here to post that.  :thumbsup: 

@Pimpadeauxwon't listen/read it though.  He's too emotionally invested in the falsehood that media outlets like NPR are objective and not Leftist echo chambers.

I don't like my tax dollars funding it.

ETA:  I'll also tag @The Real timschochet.  He hasn't posted here yet, but he tends to believe what I just said about Rusty.  

I read that days ago, sugar pickle.

I don't listen to NPR, but I actually did some looking into it to find out why it gets funded and address the notion that the ONLY thing they cover is what was listed above, which my link more than proves is FALSE.

I'm a factualist!

Have a nice day!

:cheers:

38 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I read that days ago, sugar pickle.

I don't listen to NPR, but I actually did some looking into it to find out why it gets funded and address the notion that the ONLY thing they cover is what was listed above, which my link more than proves is FALSE.

I'm a factualist!

Have a nice day!

:cheers:

This reads like a squistion post: they nominally do some other stuff, so it isn't the ONLY thing!  FTW$#@! :lol: 

So, what was your thought on the FP article?  Surprising, not so much?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

Ok so they have a website that has a little more than that.  

Pwned! 😁

28 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

This reads like a squistion post: they nominally do some other stuff, so it isn't the ONLY thing!  FTW$#@! :lol: 

So, what was your thought on the FP article?  Surprising, not so much?

I've always found NPR to be left-leaning and pretentious, and it has just kept moving left, following the trend of media pandering to their audiences and telling them what they want to hear.

I was watching Hannity last night, and it's blatant fear-mongering without facts. The typical: "People are struggling and can't feed their families."

It's just a recycled version of "Our cities are burning" and "Our borders are wide open." Hypercatastrophizing for political reasonse.

Sure, inflation hasn't gone away, but it has slowed. Just because something occurs on a president's watch doesn't mean he's responsible for it. 

If the media - including NPR - moved back toward facts-based, unbiased reporting, our country wouldn't be so polarized and inching to the extremes.

I think the rebound from that has begun, though. We'll see come November.

2 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I've always found NPR to be left-leaning and pretentious, and it has just kept moving left, following the trend of media pandering to their audiences and telling them what they want to hear.

I was watching Hannity last night, and it's blatant fear-mongering without facts. The typical: "People are struggling and can't feed their families."

It's just a recycled version of "Our cities are burning" and "Our borders are wide open." Hypercatastrophizing for political reasonse.

Sure, inflation hasn't gone away, but it has slowed. Just because something occurs on a president's watch doesn't mean he's responsible for it. 

If the media - including NPR - moved back toward facts-based, unbiased reporting, our country wouldn't be so polarized and inching to the extremes.

I think the rebound from that has begun, though. We'll see come November.

Terrible whataboutism.  Do your tax dollars fund Hannity?  

I still flip to NPR everyone once in a while (sport radio goes commercial) and have to admit it seems I often catch mid-interview... "so, what was it like transitioning to a woman" or "how much racism did you feel while being an illegal immigrant", etc.

Everything is gay, trany or racist. Ugh.  Regardless of political leaning... surprised anyone listens to that crap.

• Like 2

NPR thinks talking about how cow farts are going to doom us is journalism. Just like Bidens FBI thinks prosecuting old ladies for protesting at abortion clinics is worthy of their time. Big threat. 

On 4/11/2024 at 10:43 PM, jonmx said:

Focking destroyed ! 😆

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

I still flip to NPR everyone once in a while (sport radio goes commercial) and have to admit it seems I often catch mid-interview... "so, what was it like transitioning to a woman" or "how much racism did you feel while being an illegal immigrant", etc.

Everything is gay, trany or racist. Ugh.  Regardless of political leaning... surprised anyone listens to that crap.

"I still flip to NPR..."

Said no one, ever.

Joe Biden sat for an interview with admitted perp and smut peddler Cardi B.  But only Trump panders, right Ron/ Gutterboy? 

4 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Founded on. I guess every white person had a slave, not just the top 1 pct that included black people and Indians owning them. 

• Thanks 1

It's the opposite of all these things. :wall:

What does NPR do?

Free and independent journalism from your community, your country, your world. Rather than exploring what matters from the top down, the NPR Network gives everyone a voice. We're a network of over 200 local newsrooms, bringing all Americans closer through journalism, music, politics, and culture.
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Not biased?? 

Looks pretty cute :thumbsup: