Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Caitlin Clark debut

I understand she rolled her ankle last night but man she is not HER.  She may have been her in college but in the pros she is avg at best. 17 points a game and leads the league in turnovers? She had to come out firing for people to keep the interest. The WNBA is proving to be way harder to play against than girls who will be doctors, or teachers or moms 3 months from when you last played them.   If she can not avg 25-30 a game she is not a star. 

She needs an offseason to hit the gym and tone up a little.  She looks soft out there to me.

34 minutes ago, BufordT said:

She needs an offseason to hit the gym and tone up a little.  She looks soft out there to me.

Like a little girl that is out of place? 

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

I understand she rolled her ankle last night but man she is not HER.  She may have been her in college but in the pros she is avg at best. 17 points a game and leads the league in turnovers? She had to come out firing for people to keep the interest. The WNBA is proving to be way harder to play against than girls who will be doctors, or teachers or moms 3 months from when you last played them.   If she can not avg 25-30 a game she is not a star. 

She's already off to one of the best starts offensively in the league history.  Imagine what her stats will be when the team if actually use to playing more together?

• Haha 1

I've flipped. These WNBA players suck; can't shoot worth a damn, they bully everyone, especially Clarke, it's like watching Rugby. I'm rooting for Clarke now. I think she will get to the point she leads the league in scoring. Down 2 last night with a few seconds left, she in bounds the ball, the one that caught the ball dribbled toward the basket and missed a layup terribly; Clarke would have been open for a 3 to win. I think she had no intentions to pass it back to Clarke, so they lost.  These other WNBA players seem to hate Clarke, fock that; they suck. I look forward to Clarke dominating this stupid league now.

17 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

I've flipped. These WNBA players suck; can't shoot worth a damn, they bully everyone, especially Clarke, it's like watching Rugby. I'm rooting for Clarke now. I think she will get to the point she leads the league in scoring. Down 2 last night with a few seconds left, she in bounds the ball, the one that caught the ball dribbled toward the basket and missed a layup terribly; Clarke would have been open for a 3 to win. I think she had no intentions to pass it back to Clarke, so they lost.  These other WNBA players seem to hate Clarke, fock that; they suck. I look forward to Clarke dominating this stupid league now.

I can't help but think the Iowa women's team would beat this Fever team.  At least her teammates at Iowa could catch her passes and make their layups.

1 hour ago, Gepetto said:

OK, I’m gonna put on a little of my old coaching hat here so bear with me.

Hate wnba but i gave last night a look. I agree with you. There’s definitely some mean girls shiit going on with her but the thing that stuck out the most I don’t like the way they use her. Let’s ignore that defensively she’s lost and a little bit of a liability.

I still don’t understand how people guard her. If she goes to her right, she’s going to go all the way to the basket with her right hand. She’s not going to step back going right and she’s not going to switch to her left hand ever. Also doesnt spin left but will right. Going left she will not finish. She always does a step back jumper.

now I say I don’t like the way they use her because when she brings it up, they just blitz her on every screen because she’s not faster than these girls so I wouldn’t even call for a screen. I would have her off the ball running off every screen I could possibly give her, and just tell her if you catch it…shoot if open.

Feel like they are trying to make her curry, but curry could get by you. Curry could finish right and left and with both hands.

she can pass like curry, she can shoot like curry, but she can’t do both yet. Pick one and have her do that. I prefer the shooting because she can read the screens off the ball much easier and can facilitate from there. If she brings it up and they blitz the ball is out of her hand and she may never get it back, and produce a bucket like coming off screens might typically.

Problem for the WNBA is they need her to score in the fever to win. If these dip shiit girls were smart they would let her drop 40 a game and make everyone money.

just my 2 cents. 

6 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

OK, I’m gonna put on a little of my old coaching hat here so bear with me.

Hate wnba but i gave last night a look. I agree with you. There’s definitely some mean girls shiit going on with her but the thing that stuck out the most I don’t like the way they use her. Let’s ignore that defensively she’s lost and a little bit of a liability.

I still don’t understand how people guard her. If she goes to her right, she’s going to go all the way to the basket with her right hand. She’s not going to step back going right and she’s not going to switch to her left hand ever. Also doesnt spin left but will right. Going left she will not finish. She always does a step back jumper.

now I say I don’t like the way they use her because when she brings it up, they just blitz her on every screen because she’s not faster than these girls so I wouldn’t even call for a screen. I would have her off the ball running off every screen I could possibly give her, and just tell her if you catch it…shoot if open.

Feel like they are trying to make her curry, but curry could get by you. Curry could finish right and left and with both hands.

she can pass like curry, she can shoot like curry, but she can’t do both yet. Pick one and have her do that. I prefer the shooting because she can read the screens off the ball much easier and can facilitate from there. If she brings it up and they blitz the ball is out of her hand and she may never get it back, and produce a bucket like coming off screens might typically.

Problem for the WNBA is they need her to score in the fever to win. If these dip shiit girls were smart they would let her drop 40 a game and make everyone money.

just my 2 cents. 

I lot of people have been complaining about the coaching being done by Sides (Fever's head coach)

• Haha 1

On 5/17/2024 at 11:53 AM, posty said:

She said that the game is "too fast for her right now"...  But she did have seven rebounds and six assists...

Figured this would be an issue coming into the league...

This ⬆️

Yeah, no kidding... that's everyone who goes from college to the pros, it's no different for her.  Makes sense right?  She'll be fine.

On 5/17/2024 at 3:55 PM, nobody said:

Although, I'll say Kelsey Plum can definitely throw a t-shirt farther than I can.

Ata girl!  :thumbsup:

14 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

This ⬆️

Yeah, no kidding... that's everyone who goes from college to the pros, it's no different for her.  Makes sense right?  She'll be fine.

Yup...  There might be one or two exceptions in any league, but this is the norm...

6 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

seriously, she has had 3 games now. Get it together.

also, dont delete this thread.

Seriously.  Shes playing on a crappy team and shes a rook.  

6 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

And she had like 2 weeks between college and the pros.  I'm not a women's bball fan because the product overall is weak, but people judging Clark at this point in her career are nuts.  Either way, she's gonna be pretty rich so she did pretty well for herself regardless of how her WNBA career ends up.  But I think she'll be fine as far as women bball players go.

She's the 15th leading scorer in the WNBA in average points per game.

55 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Not you specifically, but it’s funny how the excuse making is starting to roll in. First it was her teammates can’t catch a ball and now it’s her team is just bad and that she’s a rookie.

She’s going to be a nice player. Is she going to be this transcendent talent in this league? Not a freaking chance. Eventually the novelty will wear off. 

3 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

Not you specifically, but it’s funny how the excuse making is starting to roll in. First it was her teammates can’t catch a ball and now it’s her team is just bad and that she’s a rookie.

She’s going to be a nice player. Is she going to be this transcendent talent in this league? Not a freaking chance. Eventually the novelty will wear off. 

Now you just sound like a salty Cyclone fan. 

15 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Now you just sound like a salty Cyclone fan. 

Not at all. It’s what I’ve said from the beginning and she’s a high volume shooter and she’s not going to be nearly as effective when she’s not playing for a team that just says shoot it as many times as you can. That’s not her fault. Most people can’t play like that. 
She’s going to be great, but you act like it’s way out of bounds to not automatically just crown her already went so far she’s done Absolutely nothing to warrant it.

13 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

I mean it is extremely rare for any rookie to succeed in their first few GAMES in the pros.  And many times, they are drafted by terrible teams.  It's reality.  I'm not making excuses for her at all.   She has not played well, but she also should be given a little time here.   I mean it's been just a few weeks...

The Fever have played four games. In their last two, Caitlin Clark is averaging 19.5pg & 6.5 ag on 50% FG, 41% from 3 and 100% from the line.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

The Fever have played four games. In their last two, Caitlin Clark is averaging 19.5pg & 6.5 ag on 50% FG, 41% from 3 and 100% from the line.

How many TO/game?

Just now, Strike said:

How many TO/game?

Way too many.  She's always turned the ball over too much but it's much worse with this team.  It's a combination of her risk taking, playing better defenses and teammates that struggle to catch the ball.  She obviously needs to work on it without changing her game too much.

29 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

She obviously needs to work on it without changing her game too much.

That almost never happens, in any sport.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That almost never happens, in any sport.

I can see her adjusting her passing game once she gets use to how defenses play her.  I don't think her assist numbers would take too bad of a hit.

59 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I can see her adjusting her passing game once she gets use to how defenses play her.  I don't think her assist numbers would take too bad of a hit.

I don't disagree.  The issue I see is where that adjustment will likely involve slowing down.  That in turn will create a slower pace to the game and less shooting.  Sure, it'll create less turnovers, but the number of shots per game for the team will go down.  I'm not saying that's a bad thing, just saying that the high energy/fast pace style she's accustomed to, won't translate.  That's not bad for her, because she'll still probably be a great player.  The "bad" part is that the WNBA (league officials), won't get what they were hoping to get.  They'll get Steve Nash, not Steph Curry.  A Steph Curry type player will bring a lot of new eyes to the game, a Steve Nash type player won't.  They already have those, and they don't draw.

Clark is the first player in WNBA history to start their career averaging 15p/5a with 3+ 3PM/G after 4 games played.  Not bad for how many people on social media think she's been playing terrible.

39 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Clark is the first player in WNBA history to start their career averaging 15p/5a with 3+ 3PM/G after 4 games played.  Not bad for how many people on social media think she's been playing terrible.

The only thing impressive about that is the 3 plus 3s made a game but she is literally a long ball shooter so that is not a shock. 15 points per game is trash

2 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

The only thing impressive about that is the 3 plus 3s made a game but she is literally a long ball shooter so that is not a shock. 15 points per game is trash

Yet, no one else has ever done it in their first 4 games in the league.  It's not a big deal yet since it's so early in the season.  They finally play a team that's not in the top 3 tonight so hopefully she'll have a great game.

I could give a ratass about the WNBA as I always have.  But find this stuff hilarious.  Is Grinder even fun to watch?   I saw her miss 2 dunks on that clip when being interviewed and asked to perform a dunk.   Its always about race for people.  Pretty privilege?  Is Clark a looker?   That one girl for LSU was doing like bathing suit pics and wears fake 5 inch eye lashes.   

"The View" co-host Sunny Hostin argued that "White privilege" and "pretty privilege" played a role in Indiana Fever star Caitlin Clark's popularity during the ABC talk show on Wednesday. 

"I do think that there is a thing called pretty privilege. There is a thing called White privilege. There is a thing called tall privilege, and we have to acknowledge that, and so part of it is about race, because if you think about the Brittney Griners of the world, why did she have to go to play in Russia? Because they wouldn’t pay her," Hostin said, referring to the WNBA.

Here is Lib Mark Cuban showing that hes a clueless buffoon that just spouts BS.  

The number of dunks is taken into account in stats in the women’s game because of its rarity. Brittney Griner holds the NCAA career dunk record with 18 dunks during her four years in college. She holds the record for most dunks in one game with three dunks. Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban was also astonished by her dominance and athleticism, similar to LeBron James. Cuban once stated she can play in the NBA.

6 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

I could give a ratass about the WNBA as I always have.  But find this stuff hilarious.  Is Grinder even fun to watch?   I saw her miss 2 dunks on that clip when being interviewed and asked to perform a dunk.   Its always about race for people.  Pretty privilege?  Is Clark a looker?   That one girl for LSU was doing like bathing suit pics and wears fake 5 inch eye lashes.   

"The View" co-host Sunny Hostin argued that "White privilege" and "pretty privilege" played a role in Indiana Fever star Caitlin Clark's popularity during the ABC talk show on Wednesday. 

"I do think that there is a thing called pretty privilege. There is a thing called White privilege. There is a thing called tall privilege, and we have to acknowledge that, and so part of it is about race, because if you think about the Brittney Griners of the world, why did she have to go to play in Russia? Because they wouldn’t pay her," Hostin said, referring to the WNBA.

Pretty privilege is definitely a thing.  Us uglies aren't afforded the same opportunities as the pretties.

4 hours ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Women treat each other worse than any man could ever treat them, minus the raping. They’re insufferable on social media. 

Finally got that first win out of the way.  She did not shoot well but still managed a double/double.  It's ridiculous that they have played 6 games already and have another one today.  They have barely practiced since the season started.

24 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Finally got that first win out of the way.  She did not shoot well but still managed a double/double.  It's ridiculous that they have played 6 games already and have another one today.  They have barely practiced since the season started.

10 pts/ 10 TO's? 

11 points? hahahahaha.