Sign in to follow this  
bfros

AP to Dallas if Zeke out?

Crazy ConspiracyTheory/prediction: zeke Elliott may be ruled against this week .. he is forced to serve suspension .... alf Morris will be #2 for a day or two ... cowboys trade late rd pick for Adrian Peterson ...

just can't see AP rotting on the bench in NO all year. He'd be perfect in Dallas (or Minnesota).

I almost wonder if he end up back in Minnesota. I've seriously contemplated picking him up off our WW anticipating a trade.

Nobody wanted anything to do with him in free agency. That isn't going to change after he hasn't shown much in NO. Why would Dallas trade to bring him in and teach him the offense?

I'm sure he knows how to run in a zone blocking scheme.

If it doesn't happen it's not because New Orleans doesn't want to trade him. It's because the Cowboys feel pretty good about DMC and Morris carrying the load for a few weeks and don't want to give up a draft pick

Great, can AP play LG, DT or LB?

We are plenty deep, or deep enough, at RB - no AP here... This Dallas team has 375 problems, a back to carry the rock is not one of them.

It's not that AP isn't in the right spot, it's that he's not good any more, or at least nowhere near the AP of 5 years ago

If he was he would start on any team in the NFL

I almost wonder if he end up back in Minnesota. I've seriously contemplated picking him up off our WW anticipating a trade.

I suspect he makes too much money. If anything happens the team will release him and take the hit to the salary cap, and a team will sign him at league minimum (if he signs anywhere at all)

I made an offer for him of Travis Benjamin who I plan on dropping anyway. Im willing to speculate.

Actually I think AP would be a great fit in Buffalo where they are lacking a traditional experienced backup and compliment HB to McCoy. I'm sure it won't happen but that would make sense.

Did I hear correctly that if a ruling isn't issued by today that Zeke gets another week of eligibility

So i have this thought that maybe Hyde will go to the Patriots and Bell will go to Denver and McCoy will go to green bay and Hunt will go to Houston. wow. Get ready for it.

He's not getting traded. I think trades in-season are pretty rare in the NFL?

Most teams trade for draft picks in offseason. Trading now is a pain with Cap implications.

So i have this thought that maybe Hyde will go to the Patriots and Bell will go to Denver and McCoy will go to green bay and Hunt will go to Houston. wow. Get ready for it.

So I have this thought that you aren't very good at comparing things. Nobody is talking about a teams #1 RB getting traded away mid season. Try and keep up.

Did I hear correctly that if a ruling isn't issued by today that Zeke gets another week of eligibility

Sounds like that they expect the hearing will take place over the bye week, but there's no firm timetable from what I've read, but yes he'll definitely play this week.

you guys seem to think AP is any good

I could run for 75 yrds a game behind that line...

yes but AP cant, Alf Morris is better than AP, also trades dont really happen in the NFL

also I am calling Matt Asiata to the Vikes at some point

also I am calling Matt Asiata to the Vikes at some point

Just can't roster a guy who's name sounds like a new Nissan model.

Zeke is averaging 3.6 ypc this season so far. What an overrated clown he is. One of the dumbest picks in the history of ever was the Cowboys passing on Ramsey for a pretty good but not special running back. What a waste

I should add, a pretty good running back who probably doesn't have the best work ethic either.

David Johnson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Elliot

I wouldn't be surprised if Mixon ends up similar. A running back with good talent who thinks he is above working his ass off. At least wait until you get a big contract like the big name players do

Sounds like that they expect the hearing will take place over the bye week, but there's no firm timetable from what I've read, but yes he'll definitely play this week.

The hearing has taken place. Its the court ruling which is expected at any time and speculated to be sometime between now and the early part of next week.

To answer the original question of whether Elliott would play this week regardless, that is unclear.

Prior to this in relation to an earlier decision, and as a general premise, the NFL alluded that if a decision on a players status was not determined by the Tuesday of that week, the player would be allowed to play as a courtesy to the team regarding preparations for the game that week.

They then affirmed Zeke's status during the week that the hearing in Mazant's courtroom was taking place via a question from Mazzant. Now they must regret that however, as it was used as a small part of an argument against their contention that the suspension should be immediately upheld on Zeke because not doing so would cause irreparable harm to the league.

i.e. if you allowed him to play week 1 and announce you will allow him to play in a week where he would be suspended on a Wednsday.........how can you argue it would cause irreparable harm if not done immediately now.

Anyhoo, the league spokesman, when asked if Zeke would play on Sunday if a suspension came down on a Firday, said "that is not clear, no decision has been made."

So what I'm saying is where there may have been a policy in the past to allow a player to play if the suspension isn't in by Tuesday, we can't count on anything like that now. If he gets suspended it could be immediate, or not.......we don't know anymore.

So I have this thought that you aren't very good at comparing things. Nobody is talking about a teams #1 RB getting traded away mid season. Try and keep up.

Let me know when Peterson moves to the Cowboys.