Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Favorite Sammiches

I have to admit, I"m still a fan.

Perhaps to some of you, worse yet, I like sammiches like Egg Salad. But pretty much it has to be an exact way.

Still, I think the best sammich is the simplest; Corned Beef, good white rye and a dab of mustard.

Not a huge fan of Subway, but what I DO like is that I can replace worthless iceberg with cucumber slices. Vastly under-rated.

Still, I don't want a discussion of subway as much as a discussion of favorite sammiches. Literally every population has their variation - from somosas, to dumplings, to the croque monsieur, etc, but sometimes, the simplest version is the best.

Just ate a simple chicken salad with nothing more than wheat bread, lettuce and mustard and was instantly taken back to my childhood.

Had a classmate that ate fluffernutter every day. He HAS to be dead by now.

If you wanna good sammich, try Meir's. It's about a block north of Colfax east of I 70. Hole in the wall but everything I've had there is killer. Always packed at lunch. Best to call ahead.

If you wanna good sammich, try Meir's. It's about a block north of Colfax east of I 70. Hole in the wall but everything I've had there is killer. Always packed at lunch. Best to call ahead.

Thanks. But, How do you go east of a hiway that runs east west? Is it north of I-25?

You can take I 70 W and get off on Colfax West. I know, it's focked up out here.

Their Rueben is to jerk off over. Plus it's like $6. Plus there's an early 20's blonde that always serves you and is hot as fock.

Sandwiches are up there with pizza for me for favorite foods. I'm partial to ham or turkey but I love a good roast beef and even meatball. Also huge egg salad fan which not many are. My ideal lunch is a simple sandwich with tomato and lettuce with mayo/mustard, a good cheese like Havarti, bbq chips, a good pickle on the side and a Coke. Potato salad possibly but I prefer that with burgers and dogs.

A nice, simple BLT. Wheat toast, not too crispy but not soft bacon, fresh lettuce and a nice thickly sliced beefsteak tomato. Spread a little mayo, on your way.

• Like 1

You can take I 70 W and get off on Colfax West. I know, it's focked up out here.

Their Rueben is to jerk off over. Plus it's like $6. Plus there's an early 20's blonde that always serves you and is hot as fock.

You're a freaking rock star. BTW, next time Mung is out here, we're hitting up a ballgame. Hope you can be part of it. :thumbsup:

Subway is crap, BUT their southwest sauce makes their steak sandwich on flat bread one of my favorites.

Egg salad is excellent.

BLT is great, even when the bacon is just meh.

As far as cold cuts, i dont really get excited about any of them. Ham is ok. I am not into roast beef unless its medium rare.

I like viatnamese sandwiches: french roll, meat, carrots, cucumbers, jalapeños, and butter.

• Like 1

Gawd, egg salad is the worst. My wife makes it every now and then and it smells like our house shit its pants for about an hour. :thumbsdown:

I love a good sammich tho. Bread and sauce are the keys. You get those right, it almost doesn't matter what else is on it.

I was not an egg salad fan until I started making it with a dollop of mayo and a heaping tablespoon of mustard.

Yummy.

wiffle...you're not in Houston anymore? There's an insanely cheap sammich place in downtown that makes pretty decent egg salad and corned beef on rye sandwiches for less than $4 a pop.

Do you people's have deli's in your parts of the country ?

There is a place in the Chicago's loop a couple of blocks from my office called Perry's that has great sandwiches. This place has the most succulent tender corned beef in Chicago.

The sandwiches are man sized and the customers reflect that.

One of my favorites is a Corned beef and roast beef covered in Cole slaw, sliced tomato, muenster cheese, with Russian dressing on Rye.

I never really cared much for Russian dressing but this place makes a homemade one that just goes perfect with the sandwich.

The owner of the place has quite a personality and is usually chatting up the customers. He has a thing against people talking on their cell phones even though this is a loud place. He has signing telling people not to talk on their phone and blasts this screeching noise whenever he sees someone doing it.

wiffle...you're not in Houston anymore? There's an insanely cheap sammich place in downtown that makes pretty decent egg salad and corned beef on rye sandwiches for less than $4 a pop.

Where? I'm in the heights

We have a grill and bar here called 54th Street that serves one called the CLUB FIVE FOUR....

Triple decker sandwich, loaded with slow smoked beef brisket and smoked ham, blended with our house BBQ sauce, mayonnaise, sliced tomatoes, pickles, cheddar and Pepper Jack cheese on toasted sourdough bread. :thumbsup:

I am a seasonal guy. Excluding a wide array of breakfast sandwiches which are an entirely different category, I'll suggest:

Summer - A BLT in the summertime when tomatoes are at their best is tough to beat. You really don't need the lettuce if you want to skip that. Lightly toasted white bread does the trick with some mayo.

Fall - An Italian hoagie from D'Allesandro's on Henry Avenue in the Roxborough area of Philadelphia. They use the Amoroso rolls, which makes a huge difference. Hot peppers add flavor if you need it.

Winter -- Hot roast beef au jus on a kaiser roll. If you can't stand the thought of eating a cow, the open-faced turkey sandwich with gravy is a good substitute.

Spring - Prosciutto, fresh mozzarella (the real stuff...not the junk from the supermarket), roasted peppers, arugula, fresh ground pepper, olive oil and balsamic on a hard semolina roll.

The Reuben

I like viatnamese sandwiches: french roll, meat, carrots, cucumbers, jalapeños, and butter.

Houston had excellent, cheap Ban Mi. Beat thecrap out of subway.

Where is this place you speak of?

French dip is great, especially with a nice provolone or horseradish sauce.

Classic italian with salami and hots is one of my faves.

Also got to love meatball or chicken parm sammy.

If like to give a shout out to the Cuban for doing something totally different - ham pork Swiss and pickles, awesome.

Egg salad sandwiches are disgusting.. Ok, maybe not really - but to me they are. My babysitter made us eat those EVERY DAY for 2 years. The sight of one makes me want to vomit.

I'd certainly put a Reuben, tuna or chicken salad and a BLT as my 3 heavyweights... But sometimes I just love a good old fashion bologna sandwich - with mustard, cheddar cheese, leaf lettuce and a Serrano pepper.

Nope, but where are you thinking? Tunnels? There was a great ban mi shop there at one point.

We have a grill and bar here called 54th Street that serves one called the CLUB FIVE FOUR....

Triple decker sandwich, loaded with slow smoked beef brisket and smoked ham, blended with our house BBQ sauce, mayonnaise, sliced tomatoes, pickles, cheddar and Pepper Jack cheese on toasted sourdough bread. :thumbsup:

Wow that sounds so good. I am just going to keep eating my plain ass yogurt right now, wishing i was balls deep in this sandwich

Summer - A BLT in the summertime when tomatoes are at their best is tough to beat. You really don't need the lettuce if you want to skip that. Lightly toasted white bread does the trick with some mayo.

:thumbsup: I can make a meal out of a plate of fresh garden tomatoes loaded with salt and pepper.

• Like 1

:thumbsup: I can make a meal out of a plate of fresh garden tomatoes loaded with salt and pepper.

Still a fan of Just a tomato and mayo sandwich on white bread. Instant summer.

Cuban

Reuben

BLT with fresh seasonal maters

And of course, the Chick-fil-a number one with extra pickles :pointstosky:

Cuban

Reuben

BLT with fresh seasonal maters

Agreed... or just a grilled cheese with tomato... cheddar preferred

Never got the deal with the Cuban sandwich - not a fan. :unsure:

Pig, mustard, pickles and Swiss Cheese. Whats not to love?

The bread makes the sammich though does it not? I can put all veggies on a sammich if it has fresh and good bread and its delicious.

• Like 2

Idk - as much as I love those items individually, the general combo of the lot just doesn't appeal to me.

The drugs you have to smuggle back in your colon that sucks the worst