Sign in to follow this  
Being called "snowflake" is damaging to mental health, according to young people...

you know its funny, our fathers generations (I am 42) thought we were a bunch of pussies

The snowflakes are pussies as are the hippies so we're sandwiched by douchebag generations.

The snowflakes are pussies as are the hippies so we're sandwiched by douchebag generations.

The neon clothes and hair metal wasnt a good look either.

The neon clothes and hair metal wasnt a good look either.

At the time it was cool. Looking back, not so much. I still like the hair band music although I know we disagree.

At the time it was cool. Looking back, not so much. I still like the hair band music although I know we disagree.

I like it. I just like it for what it is, and think the era that followed was much more important to music as a whole. The rejection of digital mixing and over mastering. Analogue recording, better writing, etc. etc.

ETA: Theres a good documentary about it all on Netflix, called Sound City. Worth a watch, if you have that.

Also... sorta unrelated, but I know youre into history. I watched a cool documentary on Vietnam tonight. Never knew Jane Fonda went to Hanoi and basically said the American POWs were war criminals, and should be executed. Its always puts things going on today in perspective when you see celebrities were doing the same sh!t 40-50 years ago.

A small minority of that generation were hippies. A small minority of this one are snowflakes.

Its the nature of the young to find things to rebel against and p!ss off their elders.

Also... sorta unrelated, but I know youre into history. I watched a cool documentary on Vietnam tonight. Never knew Jane Fonda went to Hanoi and basically said the American POWs were war criminals, and should be executed. Its always puts things going on today in perspective when you see celebrities were doing the same sh!t 40-50 years ago.

Every Vietnam Vet I knew hated Jane Fonda. I may well have boycotted her movies, but I'm glad I didn't as I would have missed On Golden Pond.

I like it. I just like it for what it is, and think the era that followed was much more important to music as a whole. The rejection of digital mixing and over mastering. Analogue recording, better writing, etc. etc.

Hair bands wrote about pvssy and having fun.

Grunge wrote about doom and gloom.

No wonder you turned out to be a lib. :wave:

Hair bands wrote about pvssy and having fun.

Grunge wrote about doom and gloom.

No wonder you turned out to be a lib. :wave:

Why am I not surprised you have such a simplistic view of writing composition. Did your mom tell you life was like a box of chocolates when you were a kid? :)

• Like 1

Seriously?

Never heard of her nickname Hanoi Jane?

Seriously?

Never heard of her nickname Hanoi Jane?

I wasn't alive in the early 70's... Never really been a history buff. I'm a math and science guy. Meh.

It was interesting none the less. Learned about Ellsberg and the Pentagon Papers. Nixon sending his thugs to try and break into some safe, to silence him. Etc.

I wasn't alive in the early 70's...

Dude, this has been talked about regarding her ever since then. I was born in '66 so I wasn't aware of it at the time she did it but yet somehow I still heard about it. It's ok though. We expect you snowflakes to be ignorant. You demonstrate it daily.

I wasn't alive in the early 70's...

Neither was I, not knowing about her exploits is ridiculous.. You are in your 40's correct?

:rolleyes:

Dude, this has been talked about regarding her ever since then. I was born in '66 so I wasn't aware of it at the time she did it but yet somehow I still heard about it. It's ok though. We expect you snowflakes to be ignorant. You demonstrate it daily.

Not sure why you feel the need to personally attack me. Some people love history, some people love science, technology, etc.

Do you know Boolean algebra, Astrophysics or how to build a microprocessor? Or are you a snowflake?

Being called a "snowflake" is damaging to mental health, young people say. Figures show that the majority of young people think the term is unfair - and even more think it could have a negative effect of its own.

Well then. That proves our point. They just admitted they are snowflakes.

Not sure why you feel the need to personally attack me. Some people love history, some people love science, technology, etc.

Do you know Boolean algebra, Astrophysics or how to build a microprocessor? Or are you a snowflake?

I'm still waiting for you to tell me how I helped get Trump elected. You love to make accusations and then run like a snowflake b*tch when called out on it. But yes, I'm actually quite good at Math. Not as much anymore because I don't use it as much as I used to but I was an engineering major and tutored Math for extra cash while in college.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me how I helped get Trump elected. You love to make accusations and then run like a snowflake b*tch when called out on it.

Nailed it. Troll, nothing more.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me how I helped get Trump elected. You love to make accusations and then run like a snowflake b*tch when called out on it. But yes, I'm actually quite good at Math. Not as much anymore because I don't use it as much as I used to but I was an engineering major and tutored Math for extra cash while in college.

Did you ask me this before? You have serious delusions of grandeur, if you think I read all of your posts.

I have no idea who you voted for. Are you pretending you voted 3rd party like Sho and MDC?

• Like 1

I thought you were an IT person? The boolean algebra/processor stuff sounds like you've studied Turing machines maybe, or are you an EE? Just wondering, not hating. :cheers:

I thought you were an IT person? The boolean algebra/processor stuff sounds like you've studied Turing machines maybe, or are you an EE? Just wondering, not hating. :cheers:

I took several EE classes in college, because I wasn't sure if I wanted to go into hardware or software at the time. And even though I ended up doing software, you still need a pretty strong understanding of EE for the machine and assembly level stuff. Most of my practical experience was just screwing around with a bread board. I wasn't building complex circuitry or anything.

Did you ask me this before? You have serious delusions of grandeur, if you think I read all of your posts.

I have no idea who you voted for. Are you pretending you voted 3rd party like Sho and MDC?

Ha!

Did you ask me this before?

You're the one who accused me of helping get Trump elected. I asked you how. You didn't respond.

:dunno:

You're the one who accused me of helping get Trump elected. I asked you how. You didn't respond.

:dunno:

Ok. I don't remember that thread. Was my response in this thread adequate? Do you want to link me back to that thread, and I can copy and paste my post over there too?

Ok. I don't remember that thread. Was my response in this thread adequate? Do you want to link me back to that thread, and I can copy and paste my post over there too?

No, your response here was not adequate. it doesn't answer the question. And yes, I did vote third party. You're welcome to go back and read the threads prior to the election. I very consistently said that I didn't think either Hitlery or Trump were qualified to be President. Therefore, I couldn't possibly vote for either one. So I ask you again, how did I HELP get Trump elected? And who did you vote for? Hitlery I bet.

No, your response here was not adequate. it doesn't answer the question. And yes, I did vote third party. You're welcome to go back and read the threads prior to the election. I very consistently said that I didn't think either Hitlery or Trump were qualified to be President. Therefore, I couldn't possibly vote for either one. So I ask you again, how did I HELP get Trump elected? And who did you vote for? Hitlery I bet.

I'll pass on the offer of reading your old posts. I've stated who I voted for in several threads, so I'll extend the same offer for you to go back and read mine though. Let me know what the detective work turns over. :cheers:

I'll pass on the offer of reading your old posts. I've stated who I voted for in several threads, so I'll extend the same offer for you to go back and read mine though. Let me know what the detective work turns over. :cheers:

And you still haven't answered my question. Typical snowflake. :doh:

And you still haven't answered my question. Typical snowflake. :doh:

I BELIEVE YOU ARE LYING ABOUT VOTING 3RD PARTY. THAT IS MY FINAL ANSWER, ALEX.

I BELIEVE YOU ARE LYING ABOUT VOTING 3RD PARTY. THAT IS MY FINAL ANSWER, ALEX.

ROFLMAO. What an idiot.

We could go back to calling them fuckingpussies

No kidding right?

If they weren't acting like a snowflake, we wouldn't be calling them a snowflake.

PUSSIES!!!

This is from the same people that have no problem calling people bigots, racists, and nazis......(head desk)

You need to read this: The Truth about my trip to Hanoi

There are vets who remember her visits to bases before the infamous Hanoi trip who reach out to her because they realize how the narrative got embellished and twisted. She was soldier focused foremost (motivated by her dad's service), a fact bared out by her actions long before the trip, not a peace activist foremost.

She was naive...will take the shame of the picture of her sitting on the anti-aircraft gun to her grave (she didn't know what she was sitting on), an idiot unaware of the ramifications of political philosophies she esteems, but I don't think she is the grotesque "Hanoi Jane" 'history' has put her down as.

There are vets who remember her visits to bases before the infamous Hanoi trip who reach out to her because they realize how the narrative got embellished and twisted. She was soldier focused foremost (motivated by her dad's service), a fact bared out by her actions long before the trip, not a peace activist foremost.

She was naive...will take the shame of the picture of her sitting on the anti-aircraft gun to her grave (she didn't know what she was sitting on), an idiot unaware of the ramifications of political philosophies she esteems, but I don't think she is the grotesque "Hanoi Jane" 'history' has put her down as.

she's scum, libs love here for that very reason, they relate.

Fonda called returning POWs "hypocrites and liars," adding, "These were not men who had been tortured. These were not men who had been starved. These were not men who had been brainwashed. ... Pilots were saying it was the policy of the Vietnamese and that it was systematic. I believe that's a lie."

https://patriotpost.us/pages/80

Yeah, not going to read through this whole abortion. But I do see the irony in the fact that Trump fans whine about every last perceived slight, And all the media is trying to crucify us! Evil media!

Yeah, this is the same media that was the evil media the vast right-wing conspiracy to Hillary remember?

This is the same media that gave Donald approximately 1 billion dollars in free advertising that the left whined about after the fact.

Honestly, and this can change as it has before, but the group that I see whining and being snowflakey the most is definitely the Trump supporters. It's them against the world. Boohoo, they all think we're stupid and they're all mean elitist!

Or, you've got a hero who literally f**** up something every single day. Recently, he lied about the law when it comes to National Parks. More recently he lied about black home ownership. And, God forbid, the media of course is going to fact-check that. That's not being mean you f****** snowflakes. Get your guy to have more than a passing interest in the truth and a lot of this so-called meanness goes away.

As Phurfur would say...

The best political, social, and spiritual work we can do is to withdraw the projection of our shadow onto others. Carl Jung

Fonda called returning POWs "hypocrites and liars," adding, "These were not men who had been tortured. These were not men who had been starved. These were not men who had been brainwashed. ... Pilots were saying it was the policy of the Vietnamese and that it was systematic. I believe that's a lie."

https://patriotpost.us/pages/80

Her representation of that:

Once the POWs were home, the Pentagon and White House handpicked a group of the highest ranking POWs–senior officers, to travel the national media circuit, some of them telling of torture. A handwritten note from President Nixon to H.R. Haldeman says that “the POW’s need to have the worst quotes of R. Clark and Fonda” to use in their TV appearances, but this information shouldn’t come from the White House.[7] These media stories were allowed to become the official narrative, the universal “POW Story,” giving the impression that all the men had been subjected to systematic torture—right up to the end–and that torture was the policy of the North Vietnamese government. The POWs who said there was no torture in their camps were never allowed access to the media.

Not that any torture is justified or that anyone who had been tortured should have been prevented from telling about it. But the Nixon White House orchestrated a distorted picture of what actually occurred.

In my anger at the torture story that was being allowed to spread, at how the entire situation was being manipulated, I made a mistake I deeply regret. I said that the POWs claiming torture were liars, hypocrites, and pawns.

I said, “I’m quite sure that there were incidents of torture…but the pilots who are saying it was the policy of the Vietnamese and that it was systematic, I believe that’s a lie.”[8]

What I didn’t know at the time was that although there had been no torture after 1969, before then there had been systematic torture of some POWS. One of the more hawkish of them, James Stockdale, wrote in his book, In Love and War, that no more than ten percent of the pilots received at least ninety percent of the punishment.[9] John Hubbell, in P.O.W.: A Definitive History of the American Prisoner-of-War Experience in Vietnam, agreed, and affirmed the fact that torture stopped in 1969.