Sign in to follow this  
gocolts

Recommend a movie available on NETFLIX instant.

The original Oldboy is great. Never saw the remake, and I never will. :wave:

• Like 1

Like Colts, I just watched WWZ, also. Freaky zombies. Liked the movie quite a bit.

What I really wish they had was Helen of Troy on streaming.

"Blue is the Warmest Color" is great if you want some bordering on hard core teen lezzie action. :thumbsup:

The original Oldboy is great. Never saw the remake, and I never will. :wave:

Well, I've never seen the orignal... but I thought this version was pretty great. The ending was :shocking: :blink: :shocking:

Well, I've never seen the orignal... but I thought this version was pretty great. The ending was :shocking: :blink: :shocking:

I heard it was awful but like I said, haven't seen it. I don't see the point in remaking a relatively new foreign movie that's pretty flawless to begin with. :dunno:

PLEASE keep that ending to yourself for now as I have not seen this yet. I tried to watch the original a while back and fell asleep. I plan to watch it and the new one at some point.

my bro just got a netflix account a few months ago. ive been using it as well but im pretty disappointed so far. maybe because im not yet interested in checking out breaking bad and my friends have advised against walking dead because it sucks so bad (i saw 1 episode and i concur)

I was hoping to watch some main stream hits from the past few years that I may have missed but everything i search for is DVD only.

So far I have watched

Star Trek into Darkenss - meh

GI Joe 2 w/ the Rock - i liked it more than i thought i would

World War Z - liked it a lot

oh and i watched a show called doomsday bunkers in which i could not stop laughing about how retarded these people were.

my bro just got a netflix account a few months ago. ive been using it as well but im pretty disappointed so far. maybe because im not yet interested in checking out breaking bad and my friends have advised against walking dead because it sucks so bad (i saw 1 episode and i concur)

I was hoping to watch some main stream hits from the past few years that I may have missed but everything i search for is DVD only.

So far I have watched

Star Trek into Darkenss - meh

GI Joe 2 w/ the Rock - i liked it more than i thought i would

World War Z - liked it a lot

What are you looking for?? If like sick and disturbing, I can tell you a few to check out. Better yet, MDC can recommend some sick shtt.

I like other shtt too, maybe I can suggest something if I had a better idea of what you looking for.

One movie phillybear told me to check out was called The Prestige. Focking EXCELLENT movie. Christain Bale, Hugh Jackman, Michael Cain, Piper Perobo, and the lovely Scarlett Johansson. It is older(2006 I think), so you might have already seen it. I fell in love with Scarlett in this movie. Seriously, I never understood all the fuss over her until I watched this.

ANYONE who has not seen this movie should give it a look.

ETA: Fock it, it is not streaming. :bench:

PLEASE keep that ending to yourself for now as I have not seen this yet. I tried to watch the original a while back and fell asleep. I plan to watch it and the new one at some point.

Oldboy is great. Read nothing about it and just rent it.

• Like 1

Oldboy is great. Read nothing about it and just rent it.

Way back when I first bought this NETFLIX, I had them send me that. I focking fell asleep watching it and sent it back before I realized I did not finish it. :mad:

Now, I can no longer afford this, but my ex wife's brother lets me and my son use his account. I always have to tell them to not judge me by what I watch.

A few months ago, some woman on my facebook saw and went nuts over it. Me and few others tried telling her it might not be for everyone and that it was art. She said we were "Sickos".

What are you looking for?? If like sick and disturbing, I can tell you a few to check out. Better yet, MDC can recommend some sick shtt.

I like other shtt too, maybe I can suggest something if I had a better idea of what you looking for.

just looking for some bigger hits from the last 5 years or so. something i would have gone to see in theaters but didnt have time. you know those movies you say 'oh ill go see that' and then you forget about it. :lol: i know, nice and vague.

i some some weird ass called 'screwed the movie'.. really weird but pretty funny.

just looking for some bigger hits from the last 5 years or so. something i would have gone to see in theaters but didnt have time. you know those movies you say 'oh ill go see that' and then you forget about it. :lol: i know, nice and vague.

i some some weird ass ###### called 'screwed the movie'.. really weird but pretty funny.

:thumbsup: 10-4. Well , Hopefully someone can help you out. I have not seen much recent stuff, which is why I created this thread a while back. :D

I would never spoil an ending. I focking hate when people do that.

Much closer to kill yourself depressed. It's just a draining experience to watch this movie more than anything else--emotionally, spiritually, and even somehow physically draining. You'll just want to avoid everyone and go to bed when it's over. But really, it's good. http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/unsure.gif

Sitting at work and saw this thread. I opened it up to your comment and laughed. I think i will try this movie.

Hope there isnt a brutal rape scene. I dont like watching those. Almost had to walk out on last house on the left, new version.

New on Netflix for July 2014

http://www.vulture.com/2014/06/whats-new-on-netflix-streaming-july-2014.html

New Seasons of TV:

Baby Daddy (Season 3, available July 18)
Comedy Bang Bang! (Season 2)
Continuum (Season 3, available July 26)
Hell on Wheels (Season 3, available July 19)
Lost Girl (Season 4, available July 24)
Melissa & Joey (Season 3, available July 18)
Witches of East End (Season 1)

Other movies available:

12 Angry Men
Bad Santa
Basic Instinct
Boyz N the Hood
Christmas with the Kranks
(Available July 26)
City of God
Dead Man Walking
Funny Face
Gandhi
Hitch
(Available July 14)
Homefront (Available July 9)
The Karate Kid
The Karate Kid II
The Karate Kid III
The Last Days
Legends of the Fall
The Manchurian Candidate
(2004)
My Girl
My Girl 2
Out of the Furnace
(Available 9)
The Parent Trap (1998)
Patton
Philadelphia
Primal Fear
Renoir
(Available July 6)
Sleeping Beauty (2014) (Available July 12)
Sophie's Choice
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered County
Tarzan
(1999)
Tarzan 2
Under the Tuscan Sun
Wolf Creek 2
XXX: State of the Union

I watched dirt wars instead. Its a documentary about the US conducting raids and such in foreign countries. Pretty interesting.

I just watche this last night, someone told me to watch, what a up movie

I actually had a free rental at the local video store a while back and me and my son went there and decided to try Bad Grampa. We laughed several times. The scene with the little kids beauty pageant was funny as hell.

Sitting at work and saw this thread. I opened it up to your comment and laughed. I think i will try this movie.

Hope there isnt a brutal rape scene. I dont like watching those. Almost had to walk out on last house on the left, new version.

That'd be Irreversible. Also a Gaspar Noe film.

I actually had a free rental at the local video store a while back and me and my son went there and decided to try Bad Grampa. We laughed several times. The scene with the little kids beauty pageant was funny as hell.

I though bad grandpa was extremely funny. The fart scene in the restaurant might be my fav. Or maybe the club scene.

Also, are you a female? Bunny wanted to know and I wasn't sure.

More than likely.

Colts, personal question - what pivotal moment in your life will you say lead you to the financial distress you are currently in?

May I suggest Geeks consider the 2 season series "Copper"? :thumbsup:

It takes place in Civil War era New York City. Good acting and interesting story lines. The writers are clever enough to hint at clues without ever laying it out in plain English for those who want to sit at home and scream at the T.V. that they know who the killer is.

An example in subtlety: In one episode, someone wins a revolver in a poker game. It is mentioned that the gun is made by the manufacturer, LeMat. In a later episode the gun gets pointed at someone. If you know your guns, you realize; "Hey that's a LeMat!

http://www.civilwarhandgun.com/lemats.htm

Anyway, there you go. :)

Haven't seen Boyz n the Hood in a bit. cool,. :thumbsup:

Also, are you a female? Bunny wanted to know and I wasn't sure.

For him? Maybe. :unsure:

Out of the Furnace was good. CH told me it sucked (too much caricaturization and it is a little heavy there) and he gave away a major part of the plot <_< but I still enjoyed it. Slow but engaging (credit to the acting more than the storyline), gritty, good scenery, little anti-climatic.

Owning Mahowney

It's a true story about a guy who had a massive gambling problem, and stole a lot of money from his job to feed the addiction, staring the late Philip Seymour Hoffman.

out of the furnace. somber but pretty good...some heavy hitters in it bale, Defoe, c Affleck, Forrest w, woody

Been eyeing this one but something about it is holding me back. :dunno:

Been eyeing this one but something about it is holding me back. :dunno:

It was very meh. Good acting, solid storyline, but was just another ho-hum revenge movie.

Out of the new releases, I highly recommend City of God and Primal Fear :thumbsup:

One movie I just watched that really surprised me was End of Watch. It just came out in 2013 with Jake Gyllenhaal and Micheal Pena, never heard of it before I randomly watched it. It's a fantastic movie, both of the main actors are great. Micheal Pena is one of the most underrated actors, he is great in everything I see him in. Another one of those Steve Buscemi types that mainly take secondary roles but always nails them.

It was very meh. Good acting, solid storyline, but was just another ho-hum revenge movie.

This is my concern. Will probably still end up watching it at some point though just because of the actors involved

Not sure if it's available on Netflix Instant but I watched a movie called Cheap Thrills on Amazon Prime last night, a really sick black comedy full of drugs and violence.

It was awesome and totally recommended to Gary. Don't read a single review and just watch it blind, you'll love it. :thumbsup:

May I suggest Geeks consider the 2 season series "Copper"? :thumbsup:

It takes place in Civil War era New York City. Good acting and interesting story lines. The writers are clever enough to hint at clues without ever laying it out in plain English for those who want to sit at home and scream at the T.V. that they know who the killer is.

An example in subtlety: In one episode, someone wins a revolver in a poker game. It is mentioned that the gun is made by the manufacturer, LeMat. In a later episode the gun gets pointed at someone. If you know your guns, you realize; "Hey that's a LeMat!

http://www.civilwarhandgun.com/lemats.htm

Anyway, there you go. :)

I'll give that a shot. I like period shows and it sounds like something I might like.

Out of the new releases, I highly recommend City of God and Primal Fear :thumbsup:

One movie I just watched that really surprised me was End of Watch. It just came out in 2013 with Jake Gyllenhaal and Micheal Pena, never heard of it before I randomly watched it. It's a fantastic movie, both of the main actors are great. Micheal Pena is one of the most underrated actors, he is great in everything I see him in. Another one of those Steve Buscemi types that mainly take secondary roles but always nails them.

Really good movie :thumbsup:

This is an awesome thread. Seems like every time I think of a movie I've "been wanting to see" I search Netflix and it's invariably not available for streaming. Apparently there's some good stuff out there after all.