Sign in to follow this  
Viking14

Cooks WR NO

He didn't even have a single target.

But at the same time M Thomas looks like the Wr to own going into next season.

He didn't even have a single target.

But at the same time M Thomas looks like the Wr to own going into next season.

Will he remain as productive if defenses start rolling their top coverage to him? Or is he benefitting from Cooks being the main concern in the pass game?

Thomas passed him.

Cooks was big when they didn't have many other options. Classic decent player on a bad team.

Now that the NO offense has it together his role has greatly diminished.

I started Cooks over Thomas this week, Thomas had 6 and 11pts the last two weeks, who could have seen this coming? The WR's for the Saints are starting to remind me of the Patriots, you never know who will go off because they spread the ball around so much.

Come on though 50 points and 0 targets... I don't care who passed him that is awful

Yup, almost impossible if you think about it...was Brees playing against Cooks in FFL this week?

I'm done trying to chase points with this bum. Thankfully I've got options so welcome to the bench Brandin. :angry:

I'm done trying to chase points with this bum. Thankfully I've got options so welcome to the bench Brandin. :angry:

Pretty much too late for me, that ZERO put me in the toilet bowl...although he won't be seeing my lineup the rest of the way, even if I want to flush him down the toilet! :wall:

Had him on my bench. My hunch was right, but no matter my PPR team still lost. Glad to still be in 2nd with the possibility of a bye.

He is a must start for me next week.

Averages, you know.

• Like 1

Thomas passed him.

Cooks was big when they didn't have many other options. Classic decent player on a bad team.

OR he is benefitting big time from the lesser coverage.

Thomas passed him.

Great point.

I think that's a very good question about pass coverage and M Thomas.

I think he's a rookie so he's does not get the attention that Cooks as earn.

I think that Brees going to Thomas more often as the season goes on , tells me that the rookie has his confidence.

And both of them will be high on my Wr list going into next season with Brees at Qb.

But I like Thomas more and I think he's oval all the better Wr.

And more so especially in a ppr league.

Cooks is mostly stuck in the Saints speedster wr role where a defense usually has to go to sleep in order for him to get a big play. It happens cuz Brees and Payton can be pretty tricky. But Thomas is more like early Colston, so he's harder to completely take away once Brees established trust for him. And now he appears to be beyond the flubbs and fumbles from a few weeks ago.

There IS some Patriots to the Saints offense but at least you know there's mainly 2 rbs getting touches. And Brees is basically never going to come with a 186 and no tds in a plus matchup at home unless he gets hurt. But these WRs and tight ends? It's Thomas and then a bunch of stuff I'd be terrified of having in my lineup with stuff on the line.

Have to disagree with the whole board, again. Cooks is so much better than Thomas. I don't think Cooks is used to his fullest potential at all. He is a dude you keep getting the ball to because he is so explosive. He isn't a jump ball guy, but that's his only weekness. I'm telling everyone it's probably because of coverage. Put the top corner on Thomas each week and Cooks will be the man. Everyone will be wondering But but but... I thought Thomas was the man? What happened?? Answer is he never was the man

• Like 1

I agree with you Jim.

Cooks is the speed guy , and because of his speed and over all ablity will draw the Defence.

Which in turn will give Thomas more targets like they used Colston.

Cooks at home has been one of the most bankable fantasy players in the league. Ultimately this will go down as a one week anomaly.

Have to disagree with the whole board, again. Cooks is so much better than Thomas. I don't think Cooks is used to his fullest potential at all. He is a dude you keep getting the ball to because he is so explosive. He isn't a jump ball guy, but that's his only weekness. I'm telling everyone it's probably because of coverage. Put the top corner on Thomas each week and Cooks will be the man. Everyone will be wondering But but but... I thought Thomas was the man? What happened?? Answer is he never was the man

This guy gets it. Cooks is more talented. Teams know it. He can break it any time. Like FBN said he just isn't a goal line fade route guy... at the goal line they have him run quick slants.

Guys like thomas and Willie snead are nice players but they benefit from being the lesser receivers in a high octane offense

I agree. Cooks will probably get 20 targets this week. This may hurt my Thomas a bit too.

I agree. Cooks will probably get 20 targets this week. This may hurt my Thomas a bit too.

I agree. The squeaky wheel is going to get greased on Sunday

I'm preparing for a monster game from Cooks this week as I'm facing him in a must win game.

I'm preparing for a monster game from him in a meaningless week 13 so that he can do nothing again for me in the playoffs.

Has one rush for 4 yards so far. Good to see squeaky wheel got the grease. This is brutal.

He's not a RB

:dunno:

He looks good when I get to see him, I think someone else said it best here, he is the decoy drawing attention. The only other reason would be the wrong people do not like him!!!

Why in the heck would NO trade him? He's one of the better young WR's in the NFL. Sounds like lazy journalism to me. Create something that isn't there to get a few hits.

Why in the heck would NO trade him? He's one of the better young WR's in the NFL. Sounds like lazy journalism to me. Create something that isn't there to get a few hits.

There is PLENTY of precedent young WR get traded due to fit and or attitude. Look at DJaX. The Eagles basically cut him.

You may be right but it is odd how much he has fallen out of favor in the offense. May be that he doesn't fit their scheme or what Brees does best. Or maybe there's an attitude or work ethic type issue. Or perhaps they do think he's awesome but he simply draws too much coverage (although that's not so much a problem for truly elite receivers).

There is PLENTY of precedent young WR get traded due to fit and or attitude. Look at DJaX. The Eagles basically cut him.

DJax is a one trick pony. Cooks can do more things.