Sign in to follow this  
titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

Holiday Office Parties

Is there any tradition worse than this?

I already know I will be forced to go to my companies party, with 50 teachers (foreign) and all the commie government stooges that run the place.

There will be a banquet of bad food, and ample wine, although they will count your glasses and disapprove if you overindulge. Despite this, the will wander over periodically and yell cheers, and make you drain the glass. And the speeches... The long winded speeches.

And we have to buy a gift and play "dirty Santa." What a joke. Like anyone gives a Fock which crap trinket they get.

And it is actually on Christmas Day, which is a workday here.

I'm sure the school I work at will have some crap too. Christmas is also parents day there, so I have to deal with those Focktards.

Bah focking humbug

I like ours.... 2 years ago we had it at l'auberge, last year at bottega, and this year will be at CIA.... very good wine and food events.

My company couldn't give a fock how much you drink. I got ripped at the Philly one last week and I'm going to the Boston one to get ripped there Friday. :cheers:

My company couldn't give a fock how much you drink. I got ripped at the Philly one last week and I'm going to the Boston one to get ripped there Friday. :cheers:

Where, I'll make some signs

Where, I'll make some signs

Some steak restaurant on the Wharf last time, I don't even know where this one is. I'm staying at the Hyatt near downtown crossing and intend to get ripped on Thursday night, too. :cheers:

I never go to mine...

My wife works for a top electronics company which has an annual party at a local Indian reservation; last year we went for the first time and there was a 2 hour line to get in. After 5 minutes in line and figuring out we would never get in to actually get food, we bagged and went to Ra sushi. Thankfully this year it is this Friday and our daughter has a concert, so we don't feel the need to even try to attend.

My company is too cheap to do an actual party. We were supposed to have a holiday picnic two weeks ago but they announced furloughs and layoffs, so they deemed it poor taste to have a party. We do have a holiday pot luck tomorrow though, woo hoo#@!

We usually have a potluck at work but our medical director and his wife have one that I go to. His is usually pretty good and we always have a good bottle of expensive liquor (depending on what he feels like this year).

I hate office Christmas parties. Mine is catered and they have rides for you to go home so you can get lit, but it's still awkward as hell. At least until everyone's bombed

Seriously? :lol:

The real reason is because a quarter of the workforce has been laid off, we have been forced to take our vacation as unpaid, and other extreme cost cutting measures have been implemented.

It is not a very festive office right now.

Seriously? :lol:

Why is that :lol:?

There are companies here laying off people by the thousands. Why would you laugh at that?

Our Christmas party is pretty cool. They alternate between some of the better hotel ballrooms and private clubs in Chicago. Our President just wants everyone to have a great time so you don't need to worry about drinking too much. A few people have really gotten out of control and said some things they shouldn't have. But they just embarrassed themselves and never were in danger of getting fired.

My wife works for a top electronics company which has an annual party at a local Indian reservation; last year we went for the first time and there was a 2 hour line to get in. After 5 minutes in line and figuring out we would never get in to actually get food, we bagged and went to Ra sushi. Thankfully this year it is this Friday and our daughter has a concert, so we don't feel the need to even try to attend.

My company is too cheap to do an actual party. We were supposed to have a holiday picnic two weeks ago but they announced furloughs and layoffs, so they deemed it poor taste to have a party. We do have a holiday pot luck tomorrow though, woo hoo#@!

Most of the ones from where I have worked have been employee only, no family allowed...

Most of the ones from where I have worked have been employee only, no family allowed...

Yet another reason why they suck. Sorry honey, have to go to a fancy party with free booze without you. Be back late and drunk. Always a crowd pleaser.

I hate office Christmas parties. Mine is catered and they have rides for you to go home so you can get lit, but it's still awkward as hell. At least until everyone's bombed

Good idea. Either that or get an insurance policy for the event

Ours is during the day..pot luck style. The company always provides the main dish (Turkey or Ham), we just bring the sides. It is a small company, but we always have way too much food. It generally becomes a competition on who brings the best side dish, so it is pretty fun.

Big company Holiday parties that I experienced in the past were always the suck.

Anyone ever get a hummer or get laid at one of these things? I never did, but the odds always seemed pretty strong.

Why is that :lol:?

There are companies here laying off people by the thousands. Why would you laugh at that?

Not laughing at layoffs. Just seemed weird to me that oil companies, which make a shiot ton of money, wouldn't still be doing okay or at least have an assload of $ socked away for those times when the price of oil dips. Seems like poor management

I work for the state and we don't have one since it's inappropriate to use taxpayer money to pay for such things.

I work for the state and we don't have one since it's inappropriate to use taxpayer money to pay for such things.

You're lucky they don't try to do some lame potluck anyway

We don't have one anymore. Cost cutting. Despite popular belief Big Pharma isn't exactly doing all that well.

Restructuring, layoffs, outsourcing.

We don't have one anymore. Cost cutting. Despite popular belief Big Pharma isn't exactly doing all that well.

Restructuring, layoffs, outsourcing.

:worms: your company has poor management.

Not laughing at layoffs. Just seemed weird to me that oil companies, which make a shiot ton of money, wouldn't still be doing okay or at least have an assload of $ socked away for those times when the price of oil dips. Seems like poor management

The company I work for had a net profit of a billion dollars last quarter. Probably because all of the cost cutting measures that have been put in place.

It still isn't a very festive time.

We don't have one anymore. We're doing fine, we just realized everyone hates it.

You guys must work for some really sh!tty people/companies.

I can't remember any of the Christmas parties I've attended being dull or lame. I guess much of it depends on how well you get along with your co workers.

:worms: your company has poor management.

Yeah, they probably do. Or more likely they're just hoarding all the profits and using whatever excuse they can to cut costs :o

The company I work for had a net profit of a billion dollars last quarter. Probably because all of the cost cutting measures that have been put in place.

It still isn't a very festive time.

So maybe things aren't so bad and they're just hoarding profits and focking over their workforce in the process. That's how big business operates today

So maybe things aren't so bad and they're just hoarding profits and focking over their workforce in the process. That's how big business operates today

30,000 employees were laid off. If you assume an employee at our company costs on average 30,000 a quarter, which is not outrageous at our company, then you come to the conclusion that the layoffs are the the only reason net income was earned.

It sucks to have layoffs, but it would suck worse to work for a company I thought was going out of business because they couldn't make a tough decision.

Anyone ever get a hummer or get laid at one of these things? I never did, but the odds always seemed pretty strong.

I hit on the black assistant manager of Pizza Hut, after only working there for three days, at their Christmas party. I was fired the next day. Apparently, one of my pick up lines was " Is it true what they say about black women?".

The Worms playbook never gets old, make retarded statements on subjects he is horrifically ignorant about, proceeds to get schooled, rinse and repeat.. All the while proclaiming his mental wizardry above us all..

Christ man, do you ever get tired of playing the role of an uninformed dooshbag?

:doh: :doh:

The Worms playbook never gets old, make retarded statements on subjects he is horrifically ignorant about, proceeds to get schooled, rinse and repeat.. All the while proclaiming his mental wizardry above us all..

Christ man, do you ever get tired of playing the role of an uninformed dooshbag?

He's not a bad guy, he just doesn't have much exposure to how business works. He seems to think all companies have a room full of money and the top dogs jump in like Scrooge mc duck.

He's not a bad guy, he just doesn't have much exposure to how business works. He seems to think all companies have a room full of money and the top dogs jump in like Scrooge mc duck.

I disagree, he seems like a bitter dooshbag to me.

:dunno:

30,000 employees were laid off. If you assume an employee at our company costs on average 30,000 a quarter, which is not outrageous at our company, then you come to the conclusion that the layoffs are the the only reason net income was earned.

It sucks to have layoffs, but it would suck worse to work for a company I thought was going out of business because they couldn't make a tough decision.

They can't take a hit for one quarter? In a business where periods of depressed oil prices are an inevitability and where they rake in cash hand over fist when prices are high?

Au contraire, you are the braindead rube lapping up the BS of your corporate overlords