Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Lonzo Ball Refuses To Work Out For Celtics Ahead Of NBA Draft

What a jerkoff.

I hope the Lakers pass on him too.

I don't want the Celtics to draft him, not at all. Unless out of spite

He's being a true jerkoff though

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/05/25/ainge-lonzo-refuses-to-work-out-for-celtics-nba-draft/

BOSTON (CBS) — With the first-overall selection, the Celtics will have their pick of the litter when the NBA Draft rolls around next month.
But one of the top projected picks is refusing to work out for them.
Celtics president of basketball ops Danny Ainge joined 98.5 The Sports Hub’s Toucher & Rich on Thursday morning on his way to New York for a Draft workout, and said UCLA point guard Lonzo Ball has declined an invite to work with the team.
“It’s not ideal,” Ainge joked. “We’ve drafted guys who wouldn’t come in for workouts before. It’s not the end of the world.”
Ainge said players declining a workout with a team isn’t too uncommon. The Celtics’ roster is currently loaded at the guard position, so it appears Ball would prefer to go somewhere where he could make an immediate impact.
“They’re making their priorities. Sometimes they don’t want to come in not because they don’t like you, but they see our roster and would prefer to go to another team,” he said, adding that Ball’s camp did not give a reason for declining the workout.
“We tried to get him in for a workout and they politely declined,” he said.
Ball is projected to be the second-overall pick in most mock drafts after Washington guard Markelle Fultz.

I think in 2017, you go work out for the Celtics. If this were 1986, I'd rather overdose on crack cocaine than play for the Celtics, but times have changed in 30 years.

I think in 2017, you go work out for the Celtics. If this were 1986, I'd rather overdose on crack cocaine than play for the Celtics, but times have changed in 30 years.

Len Bias, that you :o

I wish this were the mid 80's - love to see the likes of Charles Oakley or Bill Laimbeer knock this kid the fock out as he tried to penetrate the lane.

I thought Ball had already announced that the only team he'd work out for is the Lakers.

He is getting real bad advice. Making bad career choices due to his fathers attempt to ride his coat tails with his dumb shoe scam

I thought Ball had already announced that the only team he'd work out for is the Lakers.

protecting him already?

Sure, if I didn't want the Celtics to draft me, I would say "I will only work out for the Lakers" when they got the number 1 pick.

When it came time to actually work out, of course I would.

I guess he wants to be perceived as a cvvnt like his father.

Didn't the lakers use a top 2 pick on DAngelo Russell?

He doesn't want to play in a racist city.

He doesn't want to play in a racist city.

He better not play for Manchester England

At the end of the day it's not going to affect his draft position. But I agree that it's dumb and he's getting bad advice. Wherever he goes he's going to be coming in with a bunch of baggage, mostly due to his idiot father.

He is getting real bad advice. Making bad career choices due to his fathers attempt to ride his coat tails with his dumb shoe scam

This, not a smart move here, reflects really poorly on the kid.

Oh, this is the same kid from Newbie's "total bust" thread. I'm so far out of the loop.

What a jerkoff.

I hope the Lakers pass on him too.

I don't want the Celtics to draft him, not at all. Unless out of spite

He's being a true jerkoff though

Is it him or his father?

Either way, I really hope the Lakers pass on him as well...

Is it him or his father?

Either way, I really hope the Lakers pass on him as well...

I am sure most of it is his father, but he's an adult (sorta)

Please blow an Achilles

Why doesn't anyone use this name anymore for their kids?

I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole any any spot in the draft. Dude is an obvious locker room cancer and diva already.

Why doesn't anyone use this name anymore for their kids?

And then they could say please blow an Achilles.

Oh, this is the same kid from Newbie's "total bust" thread. I'm so far out of the loop.

I hear ya. I guess I've been gone long enough where I don't know who the pseudo celebrities are anymore. Which is good as they all suck anyway.

I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole any any spot in the draft. Dude is an obvious locker room cancer and diva already.

So many good players in this draft too. Pass, don't need the drama.

Worst in the NBA

FG % 30.9

3PT% 24.5

FT% 42.9

:lol:

Shaq averaged 52% for his career from the FT line

Worst in the NBA

FG % 30.9

3PT% 24.5

FT% 42.9

:lol:

Shaq averaged 52% for his career from the FT line

How can NBA focking players shoot 42.9% from the line? Bare minimum should be 50% and that's for big stiffs, like Shaq

I am rooting for a fail, but what he does best they can't teach and what he does worst, they can.

Ive heard this a lot, but its still kinda late in the game to be learning basic shooting mechanics.

Firstly, he has to be open to it. His current ridiculous shooting form tells me hes never been interested in learning the right way.

Secondly, he has to put in the time. Whats his work ethic like? I truly dont know.

Third, he may do all that and still never be a good shooter.

You don't really need to be a good shooter, to be a good PG. Looks at Jason Kidd and Derrick Rose. He just needs to put some muscle on, so he can hit the hole and be a consistent rebounder.

You don't really need to be a good shooter, to be a good PG. Looks at Jason Kidd and Derrick Rose. He just needs to put some muscle on, so he can hit the hole and be a consistent rebounder.

He needs to shoot better than 42% from the line if hes gonna be taking it to the hole.

He needs to shoot better than 42% from the line if hes gonna be taking it to the hole.

No arguing that. :)

If he wants to live.

His stats bear out that is unselfish on the court. People better get ready to hate this guy for the next 15 years.