Sign in to follow this  
Mark91G

willson Struggling without lynch

I know there are other factor his knee stopping him moving freely

the o line not really helping him out with the pocket

but I feel that with out the beast in the back field teams are no longer scared to go attack them and its showing,

the fact that it took at least 2/3 ppl to take down lynch when he played meant there was less coverage in the passing game but with out that fear seatle WR are getting tied up and its making Russells job even harder.

the real question is did lynch not only help russel look better but also the WRs and TEs as he bought them all time purely by playing the snap and taking all the focus

• Like 1

I think the legend of "Beast Mode" will only grow with time. The benefits of a great nickname cannot be understated.

That o-line is really, really bad.

He didn't have Lynch during his historically good stretch in the second half of last season.

Correlation is not causation.

He didn't have Lynch during his historically good stretch in the second half of last season.

Correlation is not causation.

no am aware of it but this was the 2nd half of the year when the momentum was picking up and there was a swagger about the seahawks both on offence and defence and that's a boost of confidence the team was already rolling but this year they are still waiting to get going on offense.

now am not saying Russell isn't a good qb he is but I feel this is the first time he has went into a season with out having a almost guaranteed running game and a huge weapon and someone who takes the defences attention.

now its on him to get the spark that will start the offence and am not seeing it.

like how the defence came out in week 2 and since then has been rolling they have there swagger they have had for a few years now but the offence don't. and yes the o line are a mess but again those guys can change when the confidence grows and that can happen from 1 good run

no am aware of it but this was the 2nd half of the year when the momentum was picking up and there was a swagger about the seahawks both on offence and defence and that's a boost of confidence the team was already rolling but this year they are still waiting to get going on offense.

now am not saying Russell isn't a good qb he is but I feel this is the first time he has went into a season with out having a almost guaranteed running game and a huge weapon and someone who takes the defences attention.

now its on him to get the spark that will start the offence and am not seeing it.

like how the defence came out in week 2 and since then has been rolling they have there swagger they have had for a few years now but the offence don't. and yes the o line are a mess but again those guys can change when the confidence grows and that can happen from 1 good run

Maybe when Wilson's knee allows him to be mobile in the pocket which is his key advantage the confidence of this team will grow in a way that will make the passing game effective.

It's all of it...

Offensive line is a HUGE deal. You can win with a bad one because talented players figure stuff out sometimes, but watching teams with good oline play is a jarring experience because the level of execution on the average play is grand and it accumulates over the course of a game and a season.

IE: the Cowboys the last few years when they play well. When it is the 4th quarter and they are up by an amount where they still need to execute/score, it is a thing of beauty to see how their line has physically broken down the opponent and 6 yard runs become 26 yard bursts or 60 yard tds.

Right now, Seattle's oline is bad. Wilson is hurt. Defenses are onto what they are trying to do. And yes, Beast was more dynamic than he got credit for being because folks are caught up in judging rbs by yards per carry (it's a bad stat because of how people try to use it) and receptions cuz of their precious fantasy teams. On the field, it comes back to the physical element. The Beast and the line worked together and beat people up and it mattered more and more as the game went on. And that helped open the door for the collection of special/huge plays Seattle was able to make later in games moreso than they have recently.

Maybe when Wilson's knee allows him to be mobile in the pocket which is his key advantage the confidence of this team will grow in a way that will make the passing game effective.

hopefully when the knee is back close to 100% he can get moving and add something more dynamic to the office as right now they are missing the spark to get going once they do I don't see any trouble with the team but something has to happen. which is what I meant with the initial comment as lynch I feel was the player who gave them the first spark and opened up the game for other by being a menace in the back field

Right now, Seattle's oline is bad. Wilson is hurt. Defenses are onto what they are trying to do. And yes, Beast was more dynamic than he got credit for being because folks are caught up in judging rbs by yards per carry (it's a bad stat because of how people try to use it) and receptions cuz of their precious fantasy teams. On the field, it comes back to the physical element. The Beast and the line worked together and beat people up and it mattered more and more as the game went on. And that helped open the door for the collection of special/huge plays Seattle was able to make later in games moreso than they have recently.

that exactly what I mean with lynch am not saying he was winning them games with scores and yardage (although he did put up yards with a lot of carries ) he was a solid blocker, every time he ran even if it was 1 yard or 80 it would take 2 tacklers to take a huge hit in order to do it and he would run it often which would take it toll on the defence in the 2nd half and it meant teams defences would make sure they had a run stop set up freeing up russel and his WR's a bit. and now that is a lot to loose and it was a hidden gem like you said most ppl don't think about this just yards and TDs and fantasy points, I just feel with his absence the who strategy changes and the looks the defence can give them are different and that mixed with a bad knee and a bad o line is hurting the offence.

You are given Beast too much credit here. I do not believe he would be making Wilson better. You touched on it when you said his knees are hindering him, and this is reason nunmber one for sure. He can't move as nimble and he definitely doesn't want to run, which was a huge part of his game.

His OL is not rated very high, this doesn't help either.

It's very simple.

His knees and his Oline.

Let's move on now.

Keep it shallow .

Maybe Rawls coming back may help also. He was part of that second half run last year.

I hope so, I had high expectations for him when I named him as a keeper august 1st.

He is struggling without Rawls. Lynch has nothing to do with it, he was horrible last year.

I don't know about knees, but he's not looking nearly as handsome this year. I don't know if that's because he's not playing well, or if he's not playing well because he's less handsome.

But his O-Line clearly has nothing to do with his being less handsome. Anyone who says that is an idiot.

But his O-Line clearly has nothing to do with his being less handsome. Anyone who says that is an idiot.

Well, call me an idiot.

I tend to think that a leaky o-line, allowing you to get continually clobbered, would have a drastic negative effect on one's physical handsomeness.....(i.e. Troy Aikman)

Speaking about Low Rawls, does anybody think he can be the man again after he returns in two weeks? (Week 10 I'm hearing)

Or do you think Cmike won't give it up so quickly?

Note: Cmike struggled against Jets and Arizona, but both rushing defenses are very very good. So not really unexpected.

I don't know about knees, but he's not looking nearly as handsome this year. I don't know if that's because he's not playing well, or if he's not playing well because he's less handsome.

well he got married this year, so that could relate to him being less handsome.

Speaking about Low Rawls, does anybody think he can be the man again after he returns in two weeks? (Week 10 I'm hearing)

Or do you think Cmike won't give it up so quickly?

Note: Cmike struggled against Jets and Arizona, but both rushing defenses are very very good. So not really unexpected.

I don't think he'd steal it outright, but could cut into his touches.

May be a time to sell high on Michael while he's still a Top 10 RB?

Woman weaken legs.

I think braces are a bigger problem, and the common salary cap problem - save money on the offensive line!!! Who is going to save the QBs then?

Thanks for sharing your thought, but.....

It is so hard to trade a RB these days. Look at my RBs- Cmike, Charles, TColeman, Rawls, and Ajayi.

How many able bodies do you count? 2. If I trade him, that leaves me one. It's just so crazy out there playing RBs. Come to think of it, I don't even have enough to suit up this coming week. Ajayi is on bye; Charles, Rawls, and TColeman will probably all be inactive.

I NEED CMIKE!!!!!! Lol

Coaches were talking Rawls up again today, fyi.

Per Roto:

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said he expect Thomas Rawls (fibula) back in two weeks.

Carroll is always optimistic about injuries, so this should be taken with a grain of salt. Rawls hasn't even been running to this point, but is expected to do so this week. More interestingly, Carroll said "there's a difference" with the offense with Rawls out, suggesting last year's break-out player will have a role when he gets back. Christine Michael has struggled the last three weeks, but two of those performances came against very tough defenses. Michael was the much better runner when both were on the field early in the season.

Hope not, have C-Mike and I won't be able to handcuff him. I think he's played pretty well and at worst it becomes a full blown committee.

So how many points per game is swagger worth for a qb typically?

I think the real difference is Wilson not running because he injured his MCL (IIRC, please correct me if I'm wrong on that, but he injured something). That also affects his passing IMO.

I made the mistake of trading for Wilson without really watching him in any games this year. Then I got him and watched the game and saw the difference.

Someone please look up his projected season long rushing stats, it's ridiculously low.

So how many points per game is swagger worth for a qb typically?

its a boost for any player

look at the defence once they lost that confidence against Atlanta once jones caught his first long yard catch and then they lost it for the next few plays having a swagger and confidence can help any player. when I say swagger am talking about confidence in themselves which is worth a hell of a lot IMO

Having said all that his matchup vs the Saints in the Dome is primo. But even if he has a good game here it could still be an outlier if the rushing yards don't show up.

its a boost for any player

look at the defence once they lost that confidence against Atlanta once jones caught his first long yard catch and then they lost it for the next few plays having a swagger and confidence can help any player. when I say swagger am talking about confidence in themselves which is worth a hell of a lot IMO

Ok. So how many points per game, fantasy wise, is swagger worth?