Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Several teams preparing to make Patriots a blockbuster offer for Jimmy Garoppolo

But you want to sell the farm for a guy who played two games and got injured. :doh:

A first round pick is selling the farm? :doh:

I would say what the Eagles gave up for Wentz was closer to selling the farm. And he probably will be a massive disappointment who has a horrendous hitch in his throw :doh:

A first round pick is selling the farm? :doh:

I would say what the Eagles gave up for Wentz was closer to selling the farm. And he probably will be a massive disappointment who has a horrendous hitch in his throw :doh:

It was close to selling the farm until they found a desperate Viking team to give them a first for Bradford. Now it was a steal. :music_guitarred:

It was close to selling the farm until they found a desperate Viking team to give them a first for Bradford. Now it was a steal. :music_guitarred:

The Bradford trade doesn't erase that they sold Wentz for the farm. And it will not be a steal when everyone realizes Wentz is bad. Maybe not horrible, but definitely not a franchise qb.

Never mind that insane hitch in his throw. I am just trying to let you Eagles fans down easy before it's year 4 and you are pulling your hair out because Wentz is your qb

Wentz may be destined to suck, I really don't know and you don't either. I saw enough glimmer of talent last year to know he's got the physical tools and seems to have the demeanor. Lots of QBs fit that profile and don't ever succeed so ho knows.

The Bradford trade doesn't erase that they sold Wentz for the farm. And it will not be a steal when everyone realizes Wentz is bad. Maybe not horrible, but definitely not a franchise qb.

LOL This would have a little more effect if you hadn't spluged all over the wall three times over the past two days over Jimmy "2 Starts and an Injury" Garappolo. :first:

He probably does think he can be Brady's successor. BB probably figures Brady will play another 5 years and he can't have Jimmy G taking up starter cap money as a backup for 4 years. The cap is what most teams don't know how to manage.

I doubt Belichick thinks Brady can play until he's 45 since he's not stupid.

Tom is killing the good teams in the league pretty much every January.

Eagles are golfing, hunting and prepping for the draft.

I think Brady is better than Wentz. There. I said it.

I remember like 3, 4 years ago people were arguing if all the NFL players got thrown into a hat and there was a draft, who would be #1

Rodgers was kinda the consensus. I'm not so sure now. (as of 4 years ago, not today)

I doubt Belichick thinks Brady can play until he's 45 since he's not stupid.

People have been doubting Brady since Day 1. Hasn't worked out well for the doubters. If he has 3 years left, then it will be tough to keep Jimmy G. Not impossible.

The Pats probably want at least a high second and another pick/player. If they let him walk next year, it would probably end up that they get a compensatory 3rd, which are now tradable.

The Pats are in the driver's seat - SB in hand, $63m in cap space and a nice little chit/insurance policy in Jimmy G.

Maybe, I'm not sure. I read somewhere that Kyle Shanahan liked Carr and Garapolo better than any of the QBs in that draft class, which was part of the reason he left the Browns. Some scouts were very high on him.

If Kyle was so high on him then itd be surprising if he isnt in the mix for him since the 9ers have nothing at QB.

Wentz may be destined to suck, I really don't know and you don't either. I saw enough glimmer of talent last year to know he's got the physical tools and seems to have the demeanor. Lots of QBs fit that profile and don't ever succeed so ho knows.

Yes I know Eagles fans are holding onto the first few games where Wentz played decent, and then praying the abortion that followed wasn't the real deal.

Yes I know Eagles fans are holding onto the first few games where Wentz played decent, and then praying the abortion that followed wasn't the real deal.

What part of "I don't know how good he will be" didn't you understand?

Lol. Frozenqueernuts still shooting loads all over his Garoppolo Fathead.

In his defense, he's had Cutler for all this time.. He's horny for any qb who completes 50% of his passes and wins a game.

In his defense, he's had Cutler for all this time.. He's horny for any qb who completes 50% of his passes and wins a game.

true. Plus he must own him in a dynasty League or something. The guy played two games, looked slightly above-average in a system where it's almost impossible not to, and got injured. And this clown thinks he's Joe Montana for some reason.
  • Like 1

What part of "I don't know how good he will be" didn't you understand?

It's when people start talking about how promising he looked as a rookie. Which really was only the first few games. I don't hear many Eagles fans with any concern for the horrible play he had down the stretch.

Maybe it was the line that made his hitch become more prominent. Ask Luck or how much a bad offensive line makes his job so much more difficult. Then ask Dak how much easier it is to play qb with a stellar offensive line.

The same people (expert analysis and scout wise) who think Wentz will be good also thought Gabbert and Bortles would be good. People were fawning over Bortles just a year ago. I was pretty sure they would suck as I am with Wentz.

There are two different arguments here. One where I think Jimmy is worth the gamble of a 1st to see if he is good. The other where I don't think Wentz is good. Not sure why Newbs is getting butt hurt just because I don't like his team's qb.

Sam Bradford got a 1st and a 4th. I would bet graraffanose... grapplehoe..Grapple.. Jimmy g will get that.

Sam Bradford got a 1st and a 4th. I would bet graraffanose... grapplehoe..Grapple.. Jimmy g will get that.

And prolly exactly why the Vikes are the Vikes.. Or shall I say, the Yikes... Lucky for them the Rams trade was so stupid hardly anyone paid much attention to the Bradford one.

1st round quarterback classes 2006 thru 2015

Whole lot of fail

Still see 12 qbs who would have started the 2016 season as their teams starter

I think he will generate a mid to late first. I just don't see where a GM actually comes up with that offer.

I'm not saying a GM giving up a 1st for him is totally wrong. But it would be all out of desperation. Desperation is real when you haven't sniffed the playoffs for years and jobs are always on the line.

I think Hou trading their 25th pick for him is a logical trade for both teams. Hou isn't going to find a capable QB this year unless they land Romo. So giving up a late 1st is a good idea, they made the playoffs with possibly the worst starting QB in the league.

It's when people start talking about how promising he looked as a rookie. Which really was only the first few games. I don't hear many Eagles fans with any concern for the horrible play he had down the stretch.

Maybe it was the line that made his hitch become more prominent. Ask Luck or how much a bad offensive line makes his job so much more difficult. Then ask Dak how much easier it is to play qb with a stellar offensive line.

The same people (expert analysis and scout wise) who think Wentz will be good also thought Gabbert and Bortles would be good. People were fawning over Bortles just a year ago. I was pretty sure they would suck as I am with Wentz.

There are two different arguments here. One where I think Jimmy is worth the gamble of a 1st to see if he is good. The other where I don't think Wentz is good. Not sure why Newbs is getting butt hurt just because I don't like his team's qb.

I think Wentz showed promise last year AND Garrapolo may be worth a 1st rounder but it looks like newbie got your goat and yore just butthurt and lashing out now.

I think he will generate a mid to late first. I just don't see where a GM actually comes up with that offer.

I'm not saying a GM giving up a 1st for him is totally wrong. But it would be all out of desperation. Desperation is real when you haven't sniffed the playoffs for years and jobs are always on the line.

I think Hou trading their 25th pick for him is a logical trade for both teams. Hou isn't going to find a capable QB this year unless they land Romo. So giving up a late 1st is a good idea, they made the playoffs with possibly the worst starting QB in the league.

Ya it has to be tough for teams to properly scout a guy who was drafted a few years ago and has only played a few games since. Does his college tape still matter?

I think Wentz showed promise last year AND Garrapolo may be worth a 1st rounder but it looks like newbie got your goat and yore just butthurt and lashing out now.

lol. Easy target.

Philly was not the only team wanting to move up for Wentz. Many in fact had him the #1 over Goff - as of today, they don't appear to be wrong.

I think Wentz is a wonderful talent (big arm, poise, mobile) - and will only get better with time.. Given a line and wrs who can actually catch, he's going to be really good., I'd take him over Garoppolo still.

I was not aware that calmly stating my stance was lashing out. It seems like you may be a little sensitive. Didn't mean to hurt those feelings of yours bud. Sorry.

I was not aware that calmly stating my stance was lashing out. It seems like you may be a little sensitive. Didn't mean to hurt those feelings of yours bud. Sorry.

The thread is about Garrapolo. You're just hung up on Wentz because Neebie got your goat and you're sad and mad now. :( :lol:

Not as sad and mad as he'll be once his prized Dynasty league QB follows the footsteps of Matt Cassell and the rest of the guys who sucked once they were out of the N.E. system.

Here is the question - do any of the QB's in the draft look better as pro QB's than Garopollo? If not then he is probably worth a first this year. None of the top 4 guys that I have seen look to be better than Garopollo.

The thread is about Garrapolo. You're just hung up on Wentz because Neebie got your goat and you're sad and mad now. :( :lol:

Got my goat how? I brought up Wentz because Newbs made about as stupid of a statement as I have seen, saying some team would give up the farm for Garoppolo. One first round pick is pretty far from the farm. I compared it to Wentz, who actually will pretty much suck as a pro, while the Eagles gave up more than whoever gets Garoppolo.

It's kind of sickening to see you two jerking each other off in this thread, probably high giving each other while you get jerked off. It's honestly pretty gross.

Plus in the football arguments I have had with Newbs before I usually make him my bltch. It's not hard. I do pay more attention to football so it shouldn't be of any surprise. It's a shame to see two board vets so sensitive. I expected more.

Got my goat how? I brought up Wentz because Newbs made about as stupid of a statement as I have seen, saying some team would give up the farm for Garoppolo. One first round pick is pretty far from the farm. I compared it to Wentz, who actually will pretty much suck as a pro, while the Eagles gave up more than whoever gets Garoppolo.

It's kind of sickening to see you two jerking each other off in this thread, probably high giving each other while you get jerked off. It's honestly pretty gross.

Plus in the football arguments I have had with Newbs before I usually make him my bltch. It's not hard. I do pay more attention to football so it shouldn't be of any surprise. It's a shame to see two board vets so sensitive. I expected more.

You sound pretty upset. I apologize. You're right. Your opinion of Wentz is much more informed than all of the experts who say he's going to be a good one. Do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to? :doh: :lol:

That's a lot of werds. Sounds like somebody is butthurt. :(

1st and jag from their practice squad that the mad genius has been coveting for years. Who he of course turns into a starter. Not top of the line. Just a starter.

That's a lot of werds. Sounds like somebody is butthurt. :(

the best part is that he says he's had football discussions with me before. I don't remember ever having a conversation with him. I couldn't even tell you who this guy likes as a team. I obviously mean a lot more to him than he means to me. LOL

Here is the question - do any of the QB's in the draft look better as pro QB's than Garopollo? If not then he is probably worth a first this year. None of the top 4 guys that I have seen look to be better than Garopollo.

Let's say Brady were to miss the entire season - call it a blown whatever... Do Pats' fans feel Jimmy could win the SB?

Just saw breaking news on NFL.com that Cleveland has made a deal to pick up

Jeanine Garafollo.

The are extremely proud that they only had to give up a 2nd and 4th round pick.