Sign in to follow this  
gpann101

Does anyone think the NFL wants Gordon to play?

My apologies for another Gordon thread but since no suspension has been implemented yet. I'm starting to feel like Gordon's game play does help the league give the network a WOW factor.I'm sure the bottom line for the NFL is the money. That being said,a week from this Thursday the season Kicks off. If no suspention,does he play? Thoughts?

My apologies for another Gordon thread but since no suspension has been implemented yet. I'm starting to feel like Gordon's game play does help the league give the network a WOW factor.I'm sure the bottom line for the NFL is the money. That being said,a week from this Thursday the season Kicks off. If no suspention,does he play? Thoughts?

NFL does not need Josh Gordon. That's absurd

I posted this about two weeks ago. The league wants to see Johnny Football have success. To have success, he will need Gordon. He's definitely getting an 8 game ban from what I've read, but will it be longer? The ruling is sure taking a LOT longer than it should.

I also read on a website where the NFL is worried about a potential lawsuit from Gordon. Apparently there is a law in Ohio stating you cannot suspend someone from their job for a full year if they agree to seek counseling and/or assistance. Does the NFL really want to take on a state law? I forget the website I found this on, but it was a legal case, not a fantasy football website. I'm sure if you do a Google search you can find it.

If the NFL cared about that kind of nonsense....they would have found a way to make Tim Tebow the starting quarterback for every team in the NFL...and schedule games accordingly

They don't care. There are probably quite a few "football fans" who don't even know who Josh Gordon is, or, if they know he's that receiver on the Browns, have already forgotten that he led the league in receiving last year.

of course the NFL wants Gordon to play. doesn't mean they would back off their policies just for him. They wan't talented, marketable stars to be on the field. Didn't do anything for Blackmon.

Okay, you would think the NFL front office would at least think of the Browns. They need to get their game plan for the seaon in motion. Having the Gordon ruling floating around out there basically makes the Browns sit and wait to see if they have their best player or not? How hard can it be to make a decision? Here's the facts, here's the arguments. How many games does he get? 0, 4, 8, 16....jeebus, come to a conclusion already. This isn't that hard!!

Any Cleveland homers have any insight? I've scoured the net and found nothing? Does anyone have John Clayton's home number? Can you call him?

of course the NFL wants Gordon to play. doesn't mean they would back off their policies just for him. They wan't talented, marketable stars to be on the field. Didn't do anything for Blackmon.

The difference is that Blackmon shows no interest in wanting to play. Gordon wants to play. I think Gordon checked into rehab too right? Maybe not.

Has Blackmon unofficially retired?

Yes they want Gordon to play. Yes I think that could result in a lesser suspension if the league can find a way to justify it.

Of course there is also Goodell's ego at play. He took a huge hit for Rice's light suspension so he won't want to seem like a pushover twice in a row.

No question its all about the money . I agree they do want this guy to play . Guess the same for Rice . Punch our wife while you are playing in the nfl and it's a slap on the wrist .

the thing is, while i just said the NFL wants its marketable super stars to play (which is true) the NFL isn't going to suffer from missing Josh Gordon. Stars don't drive the NFL as much as they do, say the NBA. Which is why I really don't think Goodell cares.

that said, the length of time it has taken them to come to a decision leads me to believe Gordon and his people gave them enough to think about, argument wise.

the thing is, while i just said the NFL wants its marketable super stars to play (which is true) the NFL isn't going to suffer from missing Josh Gordon. Stars don't drive the NFL as much as they do, say the NBA. Which is why I really don't think Goodell cares.

that said, the length of time it has taken them to come to a decision leads me to believe Gordon and his people gave them enough to think about, argument wise.

The issue here is: Is Josh Gordon a star? The NFL doesn't want it's "Stars" to be someone like Gordon. They want their stars like Peyton, Brady, Forte, McCoy, Calvin...guys that dominate on the field and have class off the field. Why would they want to promote idiot Gordon?! The NFL would prolly be better of if Gordon just went away.

What did Blackman get for second offense last year? 6 or 8 games? Now nfl has Blount and bell to tend with. Heck,throw in Marshawns pending suspension from his dui a few years back. Just saying, Gordon deserves a wake up call . Nfl needs to send a message to other players. But WOW,way too long for the conclusion!

Does the League "want" their best players to play? Duh, yes.

Does the League "want" their players to not be total idiots? Duh, yes.

Are they going to slacken a policy for this guy. No

Gordon doesn't have star power. Even if he did, would still be penalized at some point.

The thing that may happen is in the judicial process within the league, he might get a year delay before the penalty is assigned.

As for Johnny Football is concerned, and given Hoyer is announced starter.

Browns and Johynny would want the penalty assessed now. Imediate.

Then the Browns would want Gordon to stop being a dumbass.

Yes they want Gordon to play. Yes I think that could result in a lesser suspension if the league can find a way to justify it.

Of course there is also Goodell's ego at play. He took a huge hit for Rice's light suspension so he won't want to seem like a pushover twice in a row.

This I don't agree with. I don't think Rice's decision comes into play at all especially since it isn't Goodell this time it is an arbitrator.

If Rice's decision was part of the thought process there is no way he would want to send the message that beating a woman unconscious is a misdemeanor but smoking pot is a real offense. They are trying to draw in new fans and that would be suicide if they ever thought they could get women interested.

What Rice did was 1000x worse than Gordon, but Gordon has the history. Sadly, had they chosen the other vial he wouldnt be going thru this

Almost perfect team? lmao

you may want to fix Vareen's name to V E R E E N!!!! :thumbsup:

This I don't agree with. I don't think Rice's decision comes into play at all especially since it isn't Goodell this time it is an arbitrator.

If Rice's decision was part of the thought process there is no way he would want to send the message that beating a woman unconscious is a misdemeanor but smoking pot is a real offense. They are trying to draw in new fans and that would be suicide if they ever thought they could get women interested.

So you set the bar as really bad conduct = two games and everything is proportionally less than that? Basically guys like Gordon get suspended for a quarter then :lol:

Adam Schefterjust said on ESPN that the decision has been made and is ready to go but no timetable yet. The arbitrator he said is just re reading it before he announces it to make sure its all good. Could be announced at any time now.

Guy in my league took him in the 8th round Saturday that was a bit high I thought I was hoping 10th or later. what a crazy situation for a potential top 10 wr and for any team that gambles on him.

The decision doesn't even matter. Gordon is going to sue and not miss any games.

A year would be nice so I can trick someome into trading me for him while he gets off Scott free.

He is still a FA in my work league, is it worth a pick up?

Run, do not walk, to grab Gordon.

Run, do not walk, to grab Gordon.

This. It's the kind of move that if it pans out it can drastically improve your team and if it doesn't, well it didn't cost you much.

I also wonder if the changing opinion of marijuana is possibly at play. The majority of the US wants marijuana legal. Everyone knows that smoking pot does not make you better play a sport. If that were the fact I would be crushing 500 ft homeruns. The nfl may not want to come down full season on him because it may not make some of their fan base to look at their actions as counter to what they see going on.

no need to be a ###### about a sig from last year

how was I being an a$$?

I did give you a thumbs up :thumbsup:

and if that is last years sig, all the more reason to update it no? :cheers:

how was I being an a$$?

I did give you a thumbs up :thumbsup:

and if that is last years sig, all the more reason to update it no? :cheers:

ok thought you were being a smart ass, I cant update yet, as I havent drafted

ok thought you were being a smart ass, I cant update yet, as I havent drafted

I am always a smart a$$ bro.... but I was just hazing ya....meant nothing by it :thumbsup:

So you set the bar as really bad conduct = two games and everything is proportionally less than that? Basically guys like Gordon get suspended for a quarter then :lol:

Work on your reading comprehension. You will be able to contribute a lot more value.

Work on your reading comprehension. You will be able to contribute a lot more value.

I read your post just fine and showed you the end result of your logically absurd argument