If you were agreeing with tubby, then you were addressing me, 'bud'. And I get that you're highly condescending, but I get to respond to consistent attempts to bait and troll people in this thread, including you.

Since this thread is about CCs - and not about the stock market - one would assume that you're addressing the content of this thread unless you make very clear in your post that you are addressing something else.

You didn't do that. That's your fault; no one else's. If you don't want people to misinterpret your posts, make your posts clear enough to avoid misinterpretation.

Jesus dude. You're some kind of special. So it's not possible to respond to another poster without responding to / addressing you? What kind of nut job attitude is that? If you think I was trolling or baiting, that's on you and whatever little world you're conjuring up in your mind.

And FYI, this was an overall investing thread long before it was a CC thread.

Thanks for playing though

This is funny coming from a guy who figures in 11% gains on his 401k until he retires.

S&P 500 Index is 11% for 30 years.

You're a nothing who brings nothing to any thread. Ignored troll...

Jesus dude. You're some kind of special. So it's not possible to respond to another poster without responding to / addressing you? What kind of nut job attitude is that? If you think I was trolling or baiting, that's on you and whatever little world you're conjuring up in your mind.

And FYI, this was an overall investing thread long before it was a CC thread.

Thanks for playing though

And how the fock could that be, genius, when the very first post in it asks: "what is a cryptocurrency"?

See the title? Cryptocurrency. Mine a clue.

S&P 500 Index is 11% for 30 years.

You're a nothing who brings nothing to any thread. Ignored troll...

Lol. You're gonna need it with that pathetic federal pension! Who would ever agree to that? I guess when you're from bumfock it seems like a lot.

And how the fock could that be, genius, when the very first post in it asks: "what is a cryptocurrency"?

You know 90sbaby changed the title later on right?

We had discussions on amd, nvda, carvana and many other stocks.... and yes, CCs.

Cryptos just eventually took over the conversation and 90s changed the title.

You know 90sbaby changed the title later on right?

We had discussions on amd, nvda, carvana and many other stocks.... and yes, CCs.

Cryptos just eventually took over the conversation and 90s changed the title.

WW is 100% correct. The thread title started as "ima90'sbaby's investments".

WW is 100% correct. The thread title started as "ima90'sbaby's investments".

TY sir. 90sbaby also edited the entire first post after it became all about cryptos.

If he had just read any of the posts after #1 he would have seen a bunch of stock talk

TY sir. 90sbaby also edited the entire first post after it became all about cryptos.

If he had just read any of the posts after #1 he would have seen a bunch of stock talk

Again, 100% correct.

Yea it was general investment thread but the huge crypto boom end of the year happened and he said screw it let’s just name it appropriately. Any investment talk is perfectly fine though.

I was also making just a general statement about the stock market and how some people DO IN FACT use MMs as an excuse when a stock is going down, especially penny socks. MMs certainly can and do manipulate the market but sometimes its an easy excuse for people on a sinking pump and dump ship.

Had nothing to do with CCs at all.

👍

https://www.bloomberg.com/technology

Bitcoin’s About to Get Easier for Wall Street Pros to Trade

The company that developed one of the most popular pieces of trading software is about to make it easier for professionals to bet on cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin.

Trading Technologies International Inc., whose products let traders buy and sell on major exchanges, plans to add the cryptocurrency marketplace Coinbase Inc. to its roster of venues in March, according to a statement on Thursday. Coinbase, the biggest U.S. crypto market, offers Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ether and Litecoin.
This will strengthen ties between the professional trading community and cryptocurrencies, letting them use software they’re already accustomed to. And the connection might enable arbitrage between Bitcoin and the Bitcoin futures contracts offered by Cboe Global Markets Inc. and CME Group Inc., which Trading Technologies customers can already trade.
“Institutions are trading with increasing frequency and regularity in these markets, although they’re doing so without institutional-grade, professional-grade technology,” Rick Lane, the chief executive officer of Trading Technologies, said in a phone interview. “They’re largely underserved and there’s a lot of trading volume and trading opportunity left on the table.”
TT, as the company is known, says it counts 19 of the 20 largest firms that deal in futures as customers and connects to nearly 45 markets around the world. Cboe and CME started offering Bitcoin futures on their exchanges last month. Together, they handled contracts worth about $150 million of Bitcoin on Wednesday, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

The partnership between TT and Coinbase “will absolutely move the needle in terms of the futures volume,” Lane said.

Robinhood, a trendy stock trading app is adding crypto next month. Will be ZERO fee trading and instant deposits up to 1k$. Coinbase alternative that is sorely needed. DL it now and use my referral link, we will both get a free random stock. Could even be Apple or something good. I used another guys and got Sprint, worth 5$. But either way, use it and do it now!

https://share.robinhood.com/montanc6

The link should take you to App Store, when you open it should say Montana has invited you blah blah.

• Like 2

Robinhood, a trendy stock trading app is adding crypto next month. Will be ZERO fee trading and instant deposits up to 1k$. Coinbase alternative that is sorely needed. DL it now and use my referral link, we will both get a free random stock. Could even be Apple or something good. I used another guys and got Sprint, worth 5$. But either way, use it and do it now!

The link should take you to App Store, when you open it should say Montana has invited you blah blah.

done

Nice, I'll look into it.

just a heads up, Robinhood will only be offering CC trading in like 5 states (at least initially) and probably only 15 or so CCs.

i read this a day or two ago and know a few people who use robinhood and maybe its been better but I've heard/read it was a little shady with possibly skimming off the top when you try to buy/sell. i.e not giving accurate prices, real time. I know they make most of their money via their paid platform which is like $10/month and they make interest off peoples idle cash balances. No clue how accurate it is that they may skim.

just a heads up, Robinhood will only be offering CC trading in like 5 states (at least initially) and probably only 15 or so CCs.

i read this a day or two ago and know a few people who use robinhood and maybe its been better but I've heard/read it was a little shady with possibly skimming off the top when you try to buy/sell. i.e not giving accurate prices, real time. I know they make most of their money via their paid platform which is like $10/month and they make interest off peoples idle cash balances. No clue how accurate it is that they may skim.

Good info.

In general, more on-ramps is a good thing.

Reading charts - not just the CCs in which I have interest, but in CCs in general - I think we're about to see a hard push upward. Lots of CCs are going up in the next month.

Long $BTC positions outnumber shorts ~ 2:1. This is going up, peoples.

Reading charts - not just the CCs in which I have interest, but in CCs in general - I think we're about to see a hard push upward. Lots of CCs are going up in the next month.

Long $BTC positions outnumber shorts ~ 2:1. This is going up, peoples.

Yep. I have consolidated all my position into BTC. Though it made me miss out on ZRX and Waslton coin. ZRX was .28 when I first jumped in. Walton was 6.5 about.

• Like 1

Any of you that have a lot of $ in bitcoin, are you not a bit concerned about the security of it?

Any of you that have a lot of $ in bitcoin, are you not a bit concerned about the security of it?

Security is always a concern, the accounts I use take several precautions to protect your holdings and who has access. Not sure I get the point, it's the same with any of my non-crypto accounts as well.

Not sure I get the point, it's the same with any of my non-crypto accounts as well.

My point is, it seems security is a MUCH bigger concern with cryptos...considering

1.) infancy and....

2.) no one is actually backing it, so who is going to re-imburse you if it is stolen/hacked?

$530 million gone...

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/29/technology/coincheck-cryptocurrency-exchange-hack-japan/index.html

"The exchange, Coincheck, has promised to partially refund the 260,000 cryptocurrency investors affected by the theft, although it didn't say when it would do so or where it's getting the money from."

So that's what I'm getting at.

Coincheck obviously makes money on transactions, etc...but they haven't made $530 million in fees.

And what do they mean by "partially refund" ? WTF....uhhhh. 1 penny on the dollar?

I personally think they won't make it. They won't have the money, and the bitcoin owners won't be happy with "partial".

Its going to be interesting.....if they do replace it, are they going to be expected to replace the value of the bitcoin when it was stolen? Or the quantity of bitcoin at the time it was stolen? Because in a month or 2 weeks or whatever, there could be a wide gap in the value of "then vs now".

How are profits from CC taxed? Are you soley responsible for reporting profits to the IRS? :dunno:

How are profits from CC taxed? Are you soley responsible for reporting profits to the IRS? :dunno:

Yes you are, and nobody in their right mind will be reporting them

My point is, it seems security is a MUCH bigger concern with cryptos...considering

1.) infancy and....

2.) no one is actually backing it, so who is going to re-imburse you if it is stolen/hacked?

$530 million gone...

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/29/technology/coincheck-cryptocurrency-exchange-hack-japan/index.html

"The exchange, Coincheck, has promised to partially refund the 260,000 cryptocurrency investors affected by the theft, although it didn't say when it would do so or where it's getting the money from."

So that's what I'm getting at.

Coincheck obviously makes money on transactions, etc...but they haven't made $530 million in fees.

And what do they mean by "partially refund" ? WTF....uhhhh. 1 penny on the dollar?

I personally think they won't make it. They won't have the money, and the bitcoin owners won't be happy with "partial".

Its going to be interesting.....if they do replace it, are they going to be expected to replace the value of the bitcoin when it was stolen? Or the quantity of bitcoin at the time it was stolen? Because in a month or 2 weeks or whatever, there could be a wide gap in the value of "then vs now".

Figured that was your point, you should have just posted that from the beginning.

Japan based company, looks like they have pledged it pay it back http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-42850194

Impressive, we'll see how it actually works out.

Yes you are, and nobody in their right mind will be reporting them

Seriously? You won't be reporting them? One would think it would be very easy for the IRS to find said profits. There has to be an electronic trail not to mention if you deposit said profits into any sort of bank account you'll have to prove where they came from if questioned by the IRS.

Seriously? You won't be reporting them? One would think it would be very easy for the IRS to find said profits. There has to be an electronic trail not to mention if you deposit said profits into any sort of bank account you'll have to prove where they came from if questioned by the IRS.

Im pretty sure the point is that it isnt really traceable

I don't have any $ in Bitcoin. Profits on say, Ameritrade or Edward Jones....are reported to IRS...so you have to show them. If you don't ...the IRS will likely send you a letter telling you how much you owe on the unreported (by you) profits.

Who would report the profits on Bitcoin to the IRS? I have no clue. I'm not saying report or don't report. At this point, I don't see how the IRS would know. Eventually, yes....I assume they (whoever tracks your sells and buys) will have to report. Reminds me of Paypal in the old days.

IRS doesn't just go searching your bank account for deposits for no reason. If you get audited, and they suspect fraud of some kind...then yes...they can do that. But by the time the IRS is looking through your accounts for deposits and income, they first suspected something else awry.

Im pretty sure the point is that it isnt really traceable

LOL. Its super traceable. But they need a reason to come looking. The only thing not traceable, is a cash only (actual bills) between two parties.

Bitcoin is private, just like *67 makes your phone calls private/blocked or locks on your door keeps your house private.

LOL. Its super traceable. But they need a reason to come looking. The only thing not traceable, is a cash only (actual bills) between two parties.

Bitcoin is private, just like *67 makes your phone calls private/blocked or locks on your door keeps your house private.

I guess that is news to me, I thought the point of bitcoin to start was an untraceable currency used on the dark web

I guess that is news to me, I thought the point of bitcoin to start was an untraceable currency used on the dark web

So I assume you are being sarcastic, to further prove your point that it is traceable? Or you truly believe its magically untraceable. Its one or the other, and I can't tell your side.

I don't have any $ in Bitcoin. Profits on say, Ameritrade or Edward Jones....are reported to IRS...so you have to show them. If you don't ...the IRS will likely send you a letter telling you how much you owe on the unreported (by you) profits.

Who would report the profits on Bitcoin to the IRS? I have no clue. I'm not saying report or don't report. At this point, I don't see how the IRS would know. Eventually, yes....I assume they (whoever tracks your sells and buys) will have to report. Reminds me of Paypal in the old days.

IRS doesn't just go searching your bank account for deposits for no reason. If you get audited, and they suspect fraud of some kind...then yes...they can do that. But by the time the IRS is looking through your accounts for deposits and income, they first suspected something else awry.

They won't go looking through your accounts for just any reason but if you average a few grand in your account and all of a sudden you have a half mill in there or the bank starts reporting a shitload of interest on your account, it will raise some red flags. The IRS really hates it when you don't report all of your income. That is worse then bogus deductions to them.

They won't go looking through your accounts for just any reason but if you average a few grand in your account and all of a sudden you have a half mill in there or the bank starts reporting a shitload of interest on your account, it will raise some red flags. The IRS really hates it when you don't report all of your income. That is worse then bogus deductions to them.

Oh absolutely....interest is reported by banks...so yes... new "Earned Income from Interest" reported from a bank of $3,328 would throw yuuuuge red flags.

Oh absolutely....interest is reported by banks...so yes... new "Earned Income from Interest" reported from a bank of $3,328 would throw yuuuuge red flags.

So what do all of these people who are making a "killing" on CC doing with their profits? Just keep them invested until it drops to zero or be millionaires in cyber space? I seriously don't know.

:doh:

Anyone who has gained enough to flag the IRS would deserve it if they actually put the money in a US bank account.

So what do all of these people who are making a "killing" on CC doing with their profits? Just keep them invested until it drops to zero or be millionaires in cyber space? I seriously don't know.

Self report, not sure where bandrus is going with this.