It appears the rebound has started. All appear to be going upward again. :thumbsup:

Nah, gauge it by ETH back to 1100 and btc back to 10k+. Got excited then saw 970 and 8800 still, boo.

cmon now. im hoping to make money and hoping all of you who are more heavily invested do too, but are you really going to act like there wasn't massive amounts of handjobs and man juice being sprayed all over the geek club when the CC's were rocketing to record highs? :lol:

Of course there was. Tubby is just being a douche though

Spiral continues.

Sucks we are losing money now but longterm this moment was just another good buy in.

Nah, gauge it by ETH back to 1100 and btc back to 10k+. Got excited then saw 970 and 8800 still, boo.

Well, it should be more exciting now at 8100.

Sucks we are losing money now but longterm this moment was just another good buy in.

Yep. We are basically where I was at when I first bought in, maybe a little higher. I still have some slight gains. Excited to see where it goes from here. A great buy opportunity on some coins. I love LEND and Bounty0x for their price

Oh, almost forgot Cindicator. Huge opportunity there. Lend literally spiked right as I was about to buy more. Damn. Oh well. Will keep my buy order in just in case

Extremely tempted to buy, I like where I am sitting though, all I have left in the game is pure profit.

The time it took me to drive to work and everything has really jumped in price.

Extremely tempted to buy, I like where I am sitting though, all I have left in the game is pure profit.

The time it took me to drive to work and everything has really jumped in price.

If LEND drops below 1000 sats again, or $.09 I would hit that hard. Guaranteed to double your money at that point.

Explain to me how it is a Ponzi scheme. You cant go around throwing out nasty words like that without being able to tell me how. So tell me.

100% of the time the earliest investor makes the most money. How long does something have to be around before in your mind it is no longer a Ponzi scheme? Would love your expert analysis.

Tilt? :unsure:

just bear with me because I don't belive the major cryptos are ponzi schemes. But, in fairness to NorthernVike, I do think you could sling the term around a bit when it comes to a ton of the alt coins that have popped up. So traditionally a ponzi scheme is an entity that doesn't really exist but gets people to believe in it so that they invest, which in turn produces big monetary gains for the creators of the scheme and/or its initial investors while leaving the late investors holding the bag. Being that a lot of these alt coin "projects" are nothing more than loose ideas and/or baby projects thats don't serve much of a purpose, the parallels are there. Especially when you sometimes have the founders pumping the CC via twitter.

This. :thumbsup:

On the bright side I woke up this morning and added more ETH below 800.

What does a -500 day for the Dow do to the crypto market? Asking in all seriousness

What does a -500 day for the Dow do to the crypto market? Asking in all seriousness

It shouldn't do anything. Any correlation that someone could come up with, is actually just happenstance.

Expect Bitcoin to go up 70% -- quickly -- according to this:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/02/bitcoin-is-bottoming-expect-a-70-percent-surge-trader.html

An article earlier this week said a lot of people are buying bitcoin to protect against inflation and a against a stock market crash.

It shouldn't do anything. Any correlation that someone could come up with, is actually just happenstance.

Maybe the money from the sell off is going into CCs?

If you think this is a buy now, wait until it drops back below 1k. Of course by then you will have lost so much money that you will hate this garbage. There is no support for this crap. Can't believe how badly people fell for it. Would love to hear from anyone that bought above 10k. Your $ is gone barring a dead cat bounce. The chart simply shows that this was a pump and dump.

• Like 1

Maybe the money from the sell off is going into CCs?

I really doubt it. Just playing psychologist....but those selling stocks are likely "fearful" in some certain way. People "fearful" ....sure as fock aren't going to put their money in CC's.

I was kidding above about an article saying people are buying cc's to "protect their cash in case of stock market crash".

This became an FOMO. That's Fear Of Missing Out as morons poured their money into this crap because everyone was talking about it.

This became an FOMO. That's Fear Of Missing Out as morons poured their money into this crap because everyone was talking about it.

And now it's a FUBAR

VEN 29.92%

ICX 16.84%

WTC 13.12%

IOTA 9.31%

XRB 6.6%

ENG 5.31%

XLM 5.06%

ARK 4.56%

POE 3.12%

REQ 2.97%

TRX 2.01%

ZRX 1.82%

Would have dipped my toes harder into ZRX, but Nano (XRB), formerly RaiBlocks, finally got listed on Binance. I scooped it up at $12.25 today. It will easily push back to $20 in the near future.

Feel pretty good with this mix. Adding small amounts each week to lower my entry points until things start to rebound.

Adding small amounts each week to lower my entry points until things start to rebound.

What is going to make them rebound?

I'm not saying they won't or can't, I'm just wondering, if they do, what was it that made them rebound?

thanks for explaining FOMO

Check out this ridiculousness I found this weekend.

Here’s Why Verge (XVG) Is Our Top Crypto Crash Recovery Play

https://globalcoinreport.com/heres-verge-xvg-top-crypto-crash-recovery-play/

read somewhere else it would be $50 by 2020 :doh:

I think Samuel Rae bought a large sum of Verge, then posted the article.

It may rebound from this crash, but there will be a crash in the future without a rebound. In my opinion the graphs show a bubble. I think the prices for a couple of the major ones will be up slightly over the long term average, ie slightly over 1000 for bitcoin and maybe 1-2 hundred for eth.

I think the vast majority will end up being worthless in the long run.

My opinion is not based in any research, just a guess based on past bubbles like the housing bubble and tech crash.

I still have this opinion, there may be a rebound from this crash, maybe not. There was a slight rebound from the January 17th crash.

As is this one. Down almost 19% today, currently BitCoin trading at 6600

As is this one. Down almost 19% today, currently BitCoin trading at 6600

:overhead:

Bitcoin
$6,501.00
Bitcoin Cash
$811.84
Ethereum
$621.01
Litecoin
$115.38

Bitcoin

$6,501.00

Bitcoin Cash

$811.84

Ethereum

$621.01

Litecoin

$115.38

I feel bad for some of these people, this is just a blood bath right now.

I feel bad for some of these people, this is just a blood bath right now.

Yes but, BUY BUY BUY!!!

6500 is a bargain. Especially when it's going to 100,000.

Bitcoin
$6,501.00
Bitcoin Cash
$811.84
Ethereum
$621.01
Litecoin
$115.38

I'm in at -

Ethereum @ $247

Litecoin @ $57

Just have profit left in the game, I'll consider putting more money in the closer this gets back to my original purchase points. Bitcoin has played this game every January since 2015. The entire sector goes as Bitcoin does when the dip ensues.

Not full proof obviously but, interesting.

https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/960589832853643264

I'm fully out of Bitcoin but, I'll be thinking real hard about purchasing the lower it gets.

I'm in at -

Ethereum @ $247

Litecoin @ $57

Just have profit left in the game, I'll consider putting more money in the closer this gets back to my original purchase points. Bitcoin has played this game every January since 2015. The entire sector goes as Bitcoin does when the dip ensues.

Not full proof obviously but, interesting.

https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/960589832853643264

I'm fully out of Bitcoin but, I'll be thinking real hard about purchasing the lower it gets.

:thumbsup:

I am too, but it's clear that - as an investment play - $BTC should at least triple from this point.

I'm curious how and when various altCC's will begin decoupling from $BTC. One major mechanism already is taking place: trading pairs. ETH had been holding strong against $BTC because of two factors:

1. A sub-cultural expectation that ETH is going to eventually overtake BTC;

2. Coinbase being the dominant exchange, in which the ETH/USD trading pair is entirely different than BTC/USD. Other CC's have to be generally purchased with BTC or ETH, so they move as they do - generally.

That said, the market pessimism eventually took down ETH as well.

At this point there are very few USD trading pairs; IOTA is getting one this year with a new exchange called omoku.io.

As that takes place, we'll see a decoupling, and the entire CC market will not move as a herd. Then - as it should be - CCs will move based upon legitimate news regarding acceptance and adoption.

I'm about to put a really big bet on IOTA. It hit the 1.30's momentarily earlier; I'm going to wait to see if it gets close to 1.00USD. If it doesn't, I'll ride with what I have.

:thumbsup:

I am too, but it's clear that - as an investment play - $BTC should at least triple from this point.

I'm curious how and when various altCC's will begin decoupling from $BTC. One major mechanism already is taking place: trading pairs. ETH had been holding strong against $BTC because of two factors:

1. A sub-cultural expectation that ETH is going to eventually overtake BTC;

2. Coinbase being the dominant exchange, in which the ETH/USD trading pair is entirely different than BTC/USD. Other CC's have to be generally purchased with BTC or ETH, so they move as they do - generally.

That said, the market pessimism eventually took down ETH as well.

At this point there are very few USD trading pairs; IOTA is getting one this year with a new exchange called omoku.io.

As that takes place, we'll see a decoupling, and the entire CC market will not move as a herd. Then - as it should be - CCs will move based upon legitimate news regarding acceptance and adoption.

I'm about to put a really big bet on IOTA. It hit the 1.30's momentarily earlier; I'm going to wait to see if it gets close to 1.00USD. If it doesn't, I'll ride with what I have.

This man gets it. It's all about the pairings and the ETH/BTC "Flippening". When those things happen, we shall go to the Moon once more.

Tomorrow is also a pretty big deal with the SEC or whatever is happening. I read somewhere that most of the Selling is occurring in the States and most of the buying right now is coming from overseas. I lot of the Fear in this market seems to be coming from our end. Meh, we'll see how tomorrow goes. In the meantime, I'm buying more during my afternoon shite. Happy trading, fellas!