I'm out.

Going back to real stocks

I'm out.

Not out. Still holding the big 3 only. I'm definitely done with the penny cryptos.

Not out. Still holding the big 3 only. I'm definitely done with the penny cryptos.

:ninja:

It was sold.

We plan on using the profits to replace my wife's 10 year old MDX with a new Toyota Highlander.

She was the one that chose the specific fund and is excited for a new vehicle.

I created a thread on this site about purchasing my wife's current vehicle 3 years ago, it was a semi-decent choice. Overall it has been reliable and cheap to run, but now it needs brakes, windshield, tires, transmission fluid, differential fluid, a front alignment, and the a/c is intermittent. This is over 2k in maintenance that it needs.

This coupled with the fact that I put 10k+ miles on it towing near the limit of it's tow capacity means that the smart move would be to sell now.

While it is a decade old, it has low miles and should sell quick even given the money that needs put into it.

I drive an older, crappier, vehicle that I am still hoping to replace. This will not happen until my wife gets a new vehicle.

I hope to have gone from never purchasing a newer vehicle ever to having 2 new Toyotas in the driveway. This will let us plan our money without worrying about vehicle expenses for the next 10 years.

Hope its worth a million bucks because thats what you wouldve had in 30 years ;)

Major Payments Processing Platform to Accept Litecoin

Aliant Payment Systems announced today that they will add Litecoin functionality to their existing range of products. The US-based provider of merchant payment services were amongst the first companies of their kind to include a Bitcoin payment solution for their merchants in 2017, before adding Ethereum too late last year. Their CEO, Eric Brown, said of the decision to include Litecoin for their clients:

“Our merchants look to us for innovative ways to transfer money safely, securely, and cost-effectively. Cryptocurrency allows us to move money in all of these ways, while also offering consumers more payment options… We expect Litecoin to emerge as a prominent everyday payment option. Pay with Litecoin at restaurants, bars, gas stations, coffee shops, and other places that you go regularly.”

Aliant are currently in partnership with the Vancouver-based NetCents Technology Inc. It’s them who’re helping with the integration of cryptocurrencies into Aliant’s existing services. The pair received feedback regarding a plethora of different digital currencies but Ethereum and Litecoin were chosen to join Bitcoin based on their popularity and the public’s relative familiarity with them, as well as their stability.
Aliant are expecting Litecoin to emerge as a suitable payment option for smaller priced items. Currently, only expensive goods are purchased using its big brother, Bitcoin. This is due to the fees associated with using Bitcoin for payments. Litecoin, meanwhile, enjoys much lower fees and transaction times.
Brown continued, touching upon his company’s collaboration with NetCents:
“We explained to the NetCents team what we felt a merchant needed to see on the platform, and their CTO, Medhi Mehrtash, was the engineer who made it happen… His team customised the platform based on the specs we provided, and now we look forward to showing our merchants what digital currency can do for online payments.”
The NetCents CEO, Clayton Moore added:

“NetCents views the agreement with Aliant as more of a partnership rather than a supplier for services agreement… We believe that Aliant shares our vision of the evolving digital payment space and their strategy for introducing digital payments is in line with ours.”

As well as their e-commerce merchant facing solutions, Aliant offer a retail option. This is known as the Poynt terminal. It features a highly developer-friendly design and technology, as well as having the cryptocurrency widget as standard. This allows Aliant’s merchants and customers to use digital currency at the point of sale, further increasing the overall public exposure to the innovative payment systems.

:headbanger:

Hope its worth a million bucks because thats what you wouldve had in 30 years ;)

We will reinvest most of it, we also still have our 401k's which contain significantly more invested in funds than our short term savings.

I'm out.

Didn't the global stock markets just shave off $4 Trillion dollars in eight days from it's market cap? Makes Crypto's Hundreds of Millions look like scraps.

The time to buy was yesterday. The SEC stopped the tailspin. Do your own research and pick some projects you love. Crypto isn't going anywhere but up!

I personally favor the Supply Chain Protocols. I think they will have major integrations in the near future.

The time to buy was yesterday. The SEC stopped the tailspin. Do your own research and pick some projects you love. Crypto isn't going anywhere but up!

I personally favor the Supply Chain Protocols. I think they will have major integrations in the near future.

Saint Elistan = Paul Finebaum ?

Back in!

I'm expecting one more retracement. I think we're in what traders call an 'ABC' correction. We have yet to hit the 'C' bottom, if so.

If there is a 'C' - and there's reason to believe that there may not be - it would be $BTC @ 4500-4800. Before that, BTC could pump to +12k, before the rollercoaster to C low.

But after that, literally, sky. Like 6x returns over a year.

That, of course, is all my humble shot in the not quite dark opinion.

Didn't the global stock markets just shave off $4 Trillion dollars in eight days from it's market cap? Makes Crypto's Hundreds of Millions look like scraps.

True, minus the fact that the traditional market has more indicators to go by were as most of the CC market is pure speculation

There's been a severe lack of posts comparing CC to the combustion engine :D

On a serious note (okay both are serious notes) i wish I had added a 3rd eth position below 600. Bah.

True, minus the fact that the traditional market has more indicators to go by were as most of the CC market is pure speculation

What you mean? Both moves were sentiment driven: the market with the memo/interest rate/inflation scares (manipulated psyops), and the CC market with USDT/regulation/market sympathy pain mirroring/FUD/blow-off top scares.

More similar than different.

What you mean? Both moves were sentiment driven: the market with the memo/interest rate/inflation scares (manipulated psyops), and the CC market with USDT/regulation/market sympathy pain mirroring/FUD/blow-off top scares.

I am not gonna go thru this whole thread, but weren't people buying CC as a hedge against inflation?

It may be speculation but come on, everybody knows the current currency system is not forever..

The world is flattening on a daily basis. Implantable technology is inevitable. So on so on

They may not be perfect but it is what we have to invest in to play these types of speculation

Talking about the bigger picture. Stock market has been around a long time. The CC market is a blip on the radar, especially concerning alt coins. Meaning there is very little data to go off compared to market trends.

More different than similar. Not even close.

Both can be driven by sentiment, yes....but....

1. One has things like profits, dividends, driven by products and services that society continually pours money into, because they are getting value for their money.

2. One is more like MLM, and the only way you make money is more new people put money in.

3. One has been around for like 200 years.

Without saying which one I'm talking about....everyone knows the answer to #1 and #2 above. #3 is obviously the stock market.

Binance is down for some server issue right now. Trading and withdrawals are suspended. I wonder if this will cause a dip right after it comes back online. I hope it does. While I would prefer the high times we experienced, I am ok with this dip. It has allowed me to stock up on some very cheap coins. I wouldn't mind seeing Lend get down to 400 sats or so.

Litecoin Is Now a Surprise Favorite of Criminals Tired of Bitcoin

http://fortune.com/2018/02/08/litecoin-monero-cryptocurrency-bitcoin/

Bitcoin, which has for years been the currency of choice on the so-called dark web, is falling out of favor among criminals. This is not surprising given bitcoin’s sluggish processing times, and law enforcement’s growing ability to track its transactions.
More surprising is what these criminals are turning to instead. Rather than using one of the newer digital currencies with extra privacy features, such as ZCash or Monero, the most popular alternative is the bitcoin clone, Litecoin.
Those are among the findings laid out in a new report by Recorded Future, a threat intelligence company that monitors criminal forums on the dark web where many illegal transactions are arranged. Here is a key paragraph from the report:

Litecoin Is Now a Surprise Favorite of Criminals Tired of Bitcoin

http://fortune.com/2018/02/08/litecoin-monero-cryptocurrency-bitcoin/

My thinking is that the hammer is going to come down hard on criminals all over the world. Governments are letting them dig a deeper and deeper hole by letting them think they are getting away with their activity using CC. They are just building their cases.

My thinking is that the hammer is going to come down hard on criminals all over the world. Governments are letting them dig a deeper and deeper hole by letting them think they are getting away with their activity using CC. They are just building their cases.

I'm more tempted than ever to venture to the dark web, now that I have a way of buying stuff.

I'm too scurred

I'm more tempted than ever to venture to the dark web, now that I have a way of buying stuff.

I'm too scurred

If you find it, post a link. :ninja:

What happened with bitcoin cash

Ponzi scheme

this fell off the first page....

:unsure:

Almost doubled since tuesday

What did?

Whatever U.Cash is, went up 500% in the last 24 hours

Whatever U.Cash is, went up 500% in the last 24 hours

That's ridiculous. I compare CC to cocaine. Always chasing that last high.

That's ridiculous. I compare CC to cocaine. Always chasing that last high.

I've no idea what you're talking about :ninja:

Litepay to be released Feb 26

HERE COMES LITEPAY
On Tuesday, LitePay, Inc. announced a launch date for its purportedly instantaneous Litecoin (LTC) payment infrastructure – and it’s coming sooner than you might realize.
LitePay was first announced in the days leading up to Christmas 2017, and now – according to a tweet from the company’s Twitter account – LitePay’s infrastructure will be unveiled on February 28th:
LitePay claims to allow businesses the ability to easily accept Litecoin payments, as well as official Litecoin debit cards powered by VISA, thus making cryptocurrency transactions with “digital silver” instantaneous and easier than ever before.
If successful, LitePay could potentially revolutionize cryptocurrency by truly taking it into the mainstream.
Cryptocurrency, in general, has largely been hampered by minimal use cases, volatile markets, speculative investments, obtuse whitepapers, and shoddy infrastructure among various exchanges — making an already user-unfriendly process that much more inaccessible. It has been argued that until cryptocurrency transactions are truly as easy as swiping a debit or credit card, they will remain outside the realm of the mainstream.
Bitcoin has already smashed up against some serious barriers on the road to becoming recognized as less of a store of value and more of a “currency.” Many vendors who once accepted the gold-standard of cryptocurrency have ceased, citing lengthy transaction times and high fees — both of which may be remedied in the not-so-distant future.
Litecoin, however, may beat Bitcoin to the punch.

LET THERE BE LITE! :banana:

up 50 since yesterday